PDA

View Full Version : Official Jacksonville Week Gaggle

pbmax
09-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
MM on the heat of Jacksonville: did presentation to players. 6 degrees warmer in JAX than it was here all summer so should be trained for it

I looked up the weather almanac on Jax and GB from wunderground.com

McCarthy and his sports science guy are drunk if they believe that.

pbmax
09-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Green Bay, July 28 to Sept 6th.

Max Avg Min Sum
Temperature
Max Temperature 89 °F 80 °F 66 °F
Mean Temperature 79 °F 70 °F 62 °F
Min Temperature 70 °F 59 °F 48 °F

Dew Point 79 °F 64 °F 48 °F

pbmax
09-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Jacksonville, July 28 to Sept 6th

Max Avg Min Sum
Temperature
Max Temperature 100 °F 93 °F 84 °F
Mean Temperature 90 °F 85 °F 78 °F
Min Temperature 84 °F 79 °F 72 °F

Dew Point 79 °F 73 °F 60 °F

Maxie the Taxi
09-06-2016, 12:42 PM
It's been ~90 degrees and high humidity all summer long in Florida panhandle.

pbmax
09-06-2016, 12:43 PM
It's been ~90 degrees and high humidity all summer long in Florida panhandle.

Yeah, he is nuts. There might be a 6 % difference in relative humidity and that is as close as they get.

hoosier
09-06-2016, 02:46 PM
Maybe he meant 6 degrees of separation warmer in Jax than GB.

pbmax
09-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Game time in Jax is 89 degrees. Game time in GB is 69 degrees.

red
09-06-2016, 03:01 PM
i don't want to talk about the game, i'm not done bitching about sitton yet

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/044/247/297.png

pbmax
09-06-2016, 03:43 PM
There is not an eyeroll emoticon big enough for this one. Watch the dolts behind Clubhouse Live take the yearly series, Why Your Team Sucks, by Drew Magary, seriously and ask William Henderson for comment. Despite being reminded that he writes this column for all teams, they take the vitriol of "an admitted Viking fan" (I wasn't aware that was some kind of crime) seriously.

Magary did alter the Remember Some Former Players section for the Packers, he added that he hated the first three names on the list (including Henderson), then went off on John Madden in the fourth line and called Bill Schroeder a loser in the fifth.

http://www.packersnews.com/videos/sports/nfl/packers/clubhouse-live/2016/09/06/89926330/

Original article: http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-green-bay-packers-1785957366

red
09-06-2016, 03:54 PM
There is not an eyeroll emoticon big enough for this one. Watch the dolts behind Clubhouse Live take the yearly series, Why Your Team Sucks, by Drew Magary, seriously and ask William Henderson for comment. Despite being reminded that he writes this column for all teams, they take the vitriol of "an admitted Viking fan" (I wasn't aware that was some kind of crime) seriously.

Magary did alter the Remember Some Former Players section for the Packers, he added that he hated the first three names on the list (including Henderson), then went off on John Madden in the fourth line and called Bill Schroeder a loser in the fifth.

http://www.packersnews.com/videos/sports/nfl/packers/clubhouse-live/2016/09/06/89926330/

Original article: http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-green-bay-packers-1785957366

huh, i actually agree with it about fat mike and a-rod probably retiring with only 1 super bowl, and it being a massive disappointment

hoosier
09-06-2016, 04:19 PM
Game time in Jax is 89 degrees. Game time in GB is 69 degrees.

Packers just have to put up 28 in the first half. The starters can then stay in the locker room hooked up to their IVs for the duration.

Joemailman
09-06-2016, 04:35 PM
i don't want to talk about the game, i'm not done bitching about sitton yet

What are you going to bitch about when you are done bitching about Sitton?

red
09-06-2016, 04:38 PM

i always find something

i got my feelers out

hoosier
09-06-2016, 04:38 PM
McCarthy

red
09-06-2016, 04:41 PM
thats got about a 98.5% chance

Maxie the Taxi
09-06-2016, 04:50 PM
i always find something

i got my feelers out

http://www.uncleodiescollectibles.com/img_lib/01%20Favorite%20Martian%20Collectibles%2001.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2016, 04:58 PM

shitty mail service

Maxie the Taxi
09-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Why hasn't Packer.com updated the Depth Chart? They still got Sitton starting at Left Guard. :soap:

scharpcheddar
09-06-2016, 05:43 PM
Trap game

George Cumby
09-06-2016, 06:06 PM
I don't see this is a trap game. It's pretty clear Jax's arrow is pointing up. I'm more concerned about the M3 slow start to the season.....

red
09-06-2016, 06:26 PM
I don't see this is a trap game. It's pretty clear Jax's arrow is pointing up. I'm more concerned about the M3 slow start to the season.....

that and our #1 QB not getting much preseason game time with his team mates

and jordy getting his first game time

Teamcheez1
09-06-2016, 06:37 PM
How could the arrow not be pointing up? Jax has won a total of 19 games over the last 5 years. A regular juggernaut.

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Why hasn't Packer.com updated the Depth Chart? They still got Sitton starting at Left Guard. :soap:

The depth chart will be available on a need-to-know basis.

texaspackerbacker
09-06-2016, 08:39 PM
I don't see this as a trap game. I see it as kinda an extension of the preseason where Rodgers and hopefully Nelson get some of the reps in low pressure situations they didn't get up to now.

ThunderDan
09-06-2016, 08:58 PM
Trap game

Week 1 isn't a trap game for any team in the NFL.

Pugger
09-06-2016, 11:23 PM

Go look now...

scharpcheddar
09-07-2016, 03:30 AM
Week 1 isn't a trap game for any team in the NFL.

yes it is. The first two weeks always have teams win or lose that werent supposed to.

and then their season goes opposite of what people expexted.

I wont use this game in any survivor pools

gbgary
09-07-2016, 10:27 AM
we always lose hot games in florida. lets hope the jags are wearing black.

pbmax
09-07-2016, 10:31 AM
yes it is. The first two weeks always have teams win or lose that werent supposed to.

and then their season goes opposite of what people expexted.

I wont use this game in any survivor pools

Trap game has a specific meaning, and it cannot apply to the first game of the season.

A trap game occurs between two bigger, more high profile matchups. A game that a team could easily overlook because of what came before and what is coming after.

As in to spring a trap, close two sides around an extremity.

gbgary
09-07-2016, 11:03 AM
we always lose hot games in florida. lets hope the jags are wearing black.

they're wearing white. dang it!

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Go look now...

Holy Wildcat, Batman. Dean Lowry is a starter!!! Hey, I loved that guy as a player at Northwestern. Very smart, practically unblockable. I just didn't hear great reports fom camp. Glad to see it.

pbmax
09-07-2016, 05:08 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
The #Packers' first injury report is out. Banjo, Elliott, Hawkins, Perillo are DNP. Davis limited. Janis full. Notice anyone missing? (87)

ZOOK says if Janis is active, he is at gunner.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 16m16 minutes ago
First up Ron Zook: Didn’t give his opinion on P Jake Steum before waiver claim. That was a Ted Thompson move.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 15m15 minutes ago
Ron Zook: Brett (Goode) is a pro. You could tell from first day back he's been working...No issues.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 15m15 minutes ago
Ron Zook on FGs today: They spend a lot of time together. Jake has been a holder and has good hands and Mason is comfortable with that.

pbmax
09-07-2016, 05:16 PM
CAPERS

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 10m10 minutes ago
Dom Capers on having 3 ILBs: Clay is outside. We’ve had elements where he stems and moves. We have three ILBs (we like).

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 10m10 minutes ago
Capers on young DL: They’ll progress as time goes. THey’re all going to have to be ready to play for us.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 7m7 minutes ago
#Packers DC Dom Capers on Julius Peppers: "Obviously we tried to limit Julius' reps. I like where Julius is to start the season."

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 6m6 minutes ago
Capers on your #Packers defensive roster: "It's a young man's game. It's probably become more and more so as we've moved along."

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m5 minutes ago
Capers on Martinez starting: All you have to go off of is what he’s done. Boy, he’s done a good job ever since he’s gotten here.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 4m4 minutes ago
Capers on Blake Martinez: Done a good job right from very beginning. I think he'll handle it fine. Attention to detail, good communicator.

pbmax
09-07-2016, 05:19 PM
BENNETT

Beware, Lane Taylor discussion. We are possibly entering late period AJ Hawk damning with faint praise territory.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3m3 minutes ago
Edgar Bennett on Lane Taylor: Mentally-tough, very physical. He had a good training camp. We're confident.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 4m4 minutes ago
#Packers OC Edgar Bennett on Lane Taylor: "Definitely mentally tough, very physical and he's had a good training camp."

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3m3 minutes ago
Edgar Bennett on Lane Taylor: He’s had a good camp. He’s fundamentally sound. He cleaned up a few things. We’re excited to get going.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
Bennett on QB Joe Callahan: It's exciting. We always talk about earning it. You earn the right to be in that room, & that's a great example.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 3m3 minutes ago
Edgar Bennett said having too many wide receivers is "a good problem to have." Things will be sorted out as games start to be played.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2m2 minutes ago
Edgar Bennett on Pressley: It’s still early for him. He’s learning our system. You see certain things on practice field. More playbook now.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m1 minute ago
Bennett likes where offense is at. Even with nine passes from Rodgers in preseason, no reps in preseason by Nelson and remade O-line.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 8m8 minutes ago
Bennett likes where offense is at. Even with nine passes from Rodgers in preseason, no reps in preseason by Nelson and remade O-line.

Freak Out
09-07-2016, 05:20 PM
shitty mail service

Joe....why do I have to remind my mailman every time that he has a package for me? :)

pbmax
09-07-2016, 05:26 PM
CLEMENTS

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11s12 seconds ago
Tom Clements on Rodgers-Nelson: Good 2 days of practice for whole team. They’re included in that. They look ready to go. They'll be full go.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
Clements on Joe Callahan making 53-man roster: Just goes to show it doesn't matter how you got here, we're looking for guys who can perform.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 4m4 minutes ago
Clements: Lane (Taylor) has made improvements each year that he's been here. He's a very solid player. We're very comfortable with him.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m4 minutes ago
Tom Clements on Lane Taylor: He’s made improvements each year. Came out of college more of a run blocker. Developed pass blocking skills.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 3m3 minutes ago
Tom Clements labeled Randall Cobb one of the tougher players on the team. Admires the way he played through pain last year. #Packers

pbmax
09-07-2016, 05:31 PM
CAMPEN

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 38s38 seconds ago
James Campen on Lane Taylor: "His growth has been terrific. Very diligent guy." Went on to say he is "very, very confident" in Taylor.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 31s31 seconds ago
James Campen on Lane Taylor: His growth has been terrific. Very diligent guy. Powerful. His ability to process things, very confident in him

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 22s22 seconds ago
OL coach James Campen on Lane Taylor: His growth has been terrific. Very, very confident in him.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 56s56 seconds ago
Campen to Sitton: "Things went pretty quick with this." Was very good player but have moved on.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 56s57 seconds ago
Campen on OL room: A lot of maturity in that room. You lose a friend or someone moves on, after certain amount of time things get to normal.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 27s28 seconds ago
Campen on leadership: Comes from very different form. Never been one guy, never has been one guy. Everyone has to be themselves.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 34s34 seconds ago
Campen on Sitton release: Wish him the best. Decision was made & it's time to move on...Lot of maturity & a lot of leaders in that room.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 5m5 minutes ago
Campen said there are no issues in the OL room when it comes to mood or dynamic. He believes there are lots of leaders in their room.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 4m4 minutes ago
Campen on Taylor: "You've got to remember he's taken a lot of reps in a backup role. He's had a lot of reps with Dave, lot of reps with JC."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago
Campen says chemistry is not an issue. A lot of reps past few years with Bakhtiari, Taylor and Tretter.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m4 minutes ago
Campen on OL chemistry. Lane has taken a lot of reps. We repped them well and they take extra time to make sure they’re up on mental side.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 31s32 seconds ago
"This offensive line will be ready to play Jacksonville," Campen says.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 25s26 seconds ago
Campen when asked if the week was difficult: "No. No. You have to look at it as an opportunity for others." #Packers

pbmax
09-07-2016, 06:12 PM
VAN PELT

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 29m29 minutes ago
QB coach Alex Van Pelt on Rodgers-Nelson chemistry: Exactly what you'd expect. Like riding a bike.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 28m28 minutes ago
Van Pelt on Callahan's growth: Footwork is huge. Ball security - two hands on ball.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 27m27 minutes ago
Van Pelt's first thoughts on Callahan before draft: with 130 TDs, there's something worth watching on film.

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 26m26 minutes ago
Van Pelt on #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: "He's had a tremendous camp. It's one of the best camps I've seen him have."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 26m26 minutes ago
Van Pelt on Aaron Rodgers: He's focused. He's getting into his in-season mode. More intense, more is expected.

pbmax
09-07-2016, 06:15 PM
GETSY

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 24m24 minutes ago
Nelson looks like a veteran, not a guy with three weeks of practice, WRs coach Luke Getsy says.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 24m24 minutes ago
WR coach Luke Getsy on Jordy Nelson: Excited to see what he does on Sunday. Looks pretty sharp.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 21m21 minutes ago
WR coach Luke Getsy said he's excited for what Abbrederis offers from scrimmage and on special teams. Can't worry about injuries, he said.

PROBABLY A BAD LONG TERM STRATEGY THERE COACH

pbmax
09-07-2016, 06:17 PM
SIRMANS

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 10m10 minutes ago
RB coach Ben Sirmans on Eddie Lacy: "He's definitely ready to go." #GBvsJAX

scharpcheddar
09-08-2016, 06:47 AM
Trap game has a specific meaning, and it cannot apply to the first game of the season.

A trap game occurs between two bigger, more high profile matchups. A game that a team could easily overlook because of what came before and what is coming after.

As in to spring a trap, close two sides around an extremity.

lol yeah,sure,right, what ever?

no, a trap game is when the team everyone thought should win ,doesnt, against a seemingly weaker opponent.
this is that game with no momentum going anywhere at the very beginning of a season.

it doesnt matter what you call it. My point is obviously this is not a gimme even though everyone and their mother perceives it to be.

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2016, 08:05 AM
https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2012/11/22/debunking-the-trap-game-and-letdown-game-myths/

Debunking the Trap Game and Letdown Game Myths

Let me begin with trap games. As Schatz writes, there is no widely-accepted definition of a trap game, only the mushy understanding that sometimes good teams lose to bad teams when they have a “bigger” game against a better opponent the following week. In this narrative, the good team doesn’t take the bad team seriously, and is focused on the good team coming up the following week. For this study, I defined a “trap game” as a game between a team that finished the season above .500 against a team that finished the season below .500 that occurred one game before the above .500 team played another team that finished the season above .500. (From here on, I use the terms “above/below .500” to refer to a team that finished the season above/below .500.) There are many other ways to define a trap game, but I think this one is true to the soft understanding of the term without overly restricting the sample size.....

Pugger
09-08-2016, 08:17 AM

no, a trap game is when the team everyone thought should win ,doesnt, against a seemingly weaker opponent.
this is that game with no momentum going anywhere at the very beginning of a season.

it doesnt matter what you call it. My point is obviously this is not a gimme even though everyone and their mother perceives it to be.

Gimme? We are only favored by 4.5.

gbgary
09-08-2016, 08:51 AM
short-handed (due to suspension), hot weather, first-game-of-season rust, big-expectation pressure...don't know how anyone could call this a gimme. i wouldn't be surprised if we lose this one.

ThunderDan
09-08-2016, 09:45 AM

Seriously, how does a team not get ready for opening day in the NFL? It is the week with the most hype of all the weeks until the playoffs.

Who ever said the game was a gimme? I was saying it isn't a trap game. The Pack will be ready and come out firing. That doesn't mean the Jags won't be ready either and could win.

Pugger
09-08-2016, 12:46 PM
GETSY

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 24m24 minutes ago
Nelson looks like a veteran, not a guy with three weeks of practice, WRs coach Luke Getsy says.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 24m24 minutes ago
WR coach Luke Getsy on Jordy Nelson: Excited to see what he does on Sunday. Looks pretty sharp.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 21m21 minutes ago
WR coach Luke Getsy said he's excited for what Abbrederis offers from scrimmage and on special teams. Can't worry about injuries, he said.

PROBABLY A BAD LONG TERM STRATEGY THERE COACH

You really can't worry about injuries. You try not to get hurt but you can only do so much. Abby took a few good shots this summer in the preseason and he's still there. :-)

Fritz
09-08-2016, 01:12 PM

I'm going to be extra careful in this thread. It's a trap thread.

swede
09-08-2016, 11:43 PM
I'm going to be extra careful in this thread. It's a trap thread.

Looking ahead to a more important thread next week are we? Focus, man! Let up for a bananosecond and we'll slip up and be taken down by this seemingly weaker thread. its,not ,the gimme' you think,it is. Just calling it a trap thread projects the hubris of acknowledging that you think next week's thread deserves more attention and respect.

scharpcheddar
09-09-2016, 05:11 AM
Gimme? We are only favored by 4.5.

only fools pay attention spreads as if they mean anything.

scharpcheddar
09-09-2016, 05:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvdaRspIIAIo0IB.png

Airin' Rodgers
09-09-2016, 08:01 AM
only fools pay attention spreads as if they mean anything.

Considering there is a thriving sports betting industry that depends on spread setting, I disagree.

Also, if you're bored....keep track of results for the next few weeks and cross check against spreads. They are close the majority of the time.

It's not the "end all be all" , but it definitely isn't meaningless.

Zool
09-09-2016, 08:14 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvdaRspIIAIo0IB.png

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/80/03/88/800388ef1518a29b19e1ee51d4e5a8c8.jpg

pbmax
09-09-2016, 08:37 AM
Listen to me when I tell you one guy who WON'T get hurt this year and will excel at previously unseen levels is Blake Bortles.

That is just what the future is telling me, its not like I have a rooting interest in this.

George Cumby
09-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Agree. Bortles can be legit.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Listen to me when I tell you one guy who WON'T get hurt this year and will excel at previously unseen levels is Blake Bortles.

That is just what the future is telling me, its not like I have a rooting interest in this.

Dang, I don't wish injury to anyone but I wouldn't mind seeing my boy Chad Henne gunsling again in a meaningful game.

Who the hell drafted Brohm over Henne?

George Cumby
09-09-2016, 02:00 PM
Who the hell drafted BJ Sander?

ThunderDan
09-09-2016, 03:17 PM
Who the hell drafted BJ Sander?

And who traded up to do so?

red
09-09-2016, 04:29 PM

oh fuck you PB, i had bortels loaded up and ready to draft when you stole him

just like you did freeman in the 3rd or 4th or whenever it was, same deal. loaded up and ready to click on the draft button both times

pbmax
09-09-2016, 05:31 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I really don't like my team. :D

I went off board to get Kielce and everything seemed to fall apart after that.

pbmax
09-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 6h6 hours ago
#Packers injury report:
Questionable ~ Janis, Perillo
Doubtful ~ Banjo, Davis, Elliott.
Out ~ Hawkins

SMBASS
09-10-2016, 01:45 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz
✔ ‎@WesHod

The #Packers have added LT David Bakhtiari (back) to the injury report. He's questionable to play against Jacksonville

1:35 PM - 10 Sep 2016

Sweet! O-line getting stronger by the day. Hope Rodgers has spent a lot of time throwing on the run in practice.

red
09-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz
✔ ‎@WesHod

The #Packers have added LT David Bakhtiari (back) to the injury report

CUT HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, you can't trust those back injuries. theyre like a cancer that can spread to the rest of the locker room

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2016, 03:39 PM
That's what Vince Lombardi thought about hamstring injuries.

pbmax
09-10-2016, 03:57 PM
I knew Sitton's back injury would spread like a cancer.

red
09-10-2016, 04:16 PM
is bahk really hurt, or is he sticking it to the team for cutting his buddy by using the same injury that they said they were concerned about with sitton

the conspiracy gets deeper

Patler
09-10-2016, 04:28 PM
If Bahktiari struggles with back problems all year, forget the long term deal.
They already are overpaying the perennially injured Bulaga.

Patler
09-10-2016, 04:30 PM
is bahk really hurt, or is he sticking it to the team for cutting his buddy by using the same injury that they said they were concerned about with sitton

the conspiracy gets deeper

If that's the case, cut him now.
(I.m not kidding.}

hoosier
09-10-2016, 07:20 PM
I didn't realize the NFL has a new reporting criteria for injuries. The "Probable" category no longer exists, and "Questionable" is now the category for anyone considered less than 100% but more than 49% likely to play.

Hopefully it is just a flesh wound.

Pugger
09-11-2016, 12:04 AM
On the Packers' website there are photos of the guys landing in Jax and Bak is shown departing the plane.