PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 Official Other Games Thead

pbmax
09-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Thursday Night Football is still a terrible decision.

Cam is pretty goo. That Subway commercial will drive me insane by Week 4 (its Turkey Club Day!) and I might enjoy retired Marshawn Lynch.

Game is pretty good too. Northwestern QB doing OK. I remember when the Packer offense ran like this. Of course, they did score a little more often. :lol:

Rastak
09-08-2016, 09:06 PM
Thursday Night Football is still a terrible decision.

Cam is pretty goo. That Subway commercial will drive me insane by Week 4 (its Turkey Club Day!) and I might enjoy retired Marshawn Lynch.

Game is pretty good too. Northwestern QB doing OK. I remember when the Packer offense ran like this. Of course, they did score a little more often. :lol:

Newton is good but what a chump.

Maxie the Taxi
09-08-2016, 09:44 PM
I like the Northwestern QB quite a bit, except he seems to short arm his passes.

red
09-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Boy that #13 kinda reminds me of #12, with the way he drops back, moves around in the pocket, throws and runs. Just a little smaller

The numbers aren't quite the same, but he passes the eye test

Maxie the Taxi
09-08-2016, 10:10 PM
I'll take Denver's OL.

smuggler
09-08-2016, 10:13 PM
You sure about that, Maxie?

Maxie the Taxi
09-08-2016, 10:19 PM
Well, maybe it's the running backs. But their ground game is impressive. The holes have been massive.

Maxie the Taxi
09-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Might see more Safety blitzes from Packers this year.

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2016, 10:39 PM
Simien's throwing motion looks like Joe Callahan's to me.

red
09-08-2016, 10:46 PM
Nice that they finally called a h2h for cam

I think that was the 4th one, and the first called

esoxx
09-08-2016, 11:00 PM
I like the Northwestern QB quite a bit, except he seems to short arm his passes.

Take it to the Dean Lowry Fan Club thread.

smuggler
09-08-2016, 11:13 PM
Panthers loss is a slight help to Green Bay, so I'll take it. Broncos did outplay them, but shot them selves in the foot with 3 turnovers inside the 30-yard line.

4th down penalty on Harris Jr was horseshit, as both players committed the same penalty at the same time and then released the facemasks. Should have been a non-call, but if you are going to throw the flag, you have to call both players.

Iron Mike
09-08-2016, 11:38 PM

Broncos took it literally...

http://sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/steph-curry-jordan-meme.jpg

Keep pounding Cam's head.

Zool
09-09-2016, 08:16 AM

No brain to concuss, so maybe the rules are different?

Pugger
09-09-2016, 08:20 AM
Panthers loss is a slight help to Green Bay, so I'll take it. Broncos did outplay them, but shot them selves in the foot with 3 turnovers inside the 30-yard line.

4th down penalty on Harris Jr was horseshit, as both players committed the same penalty at the same time and then released the facemasks. Should have been a non-call, but if you are going to throw the flag, you have to call both players.

I don't think last night's game was the best officiated in league history.

Pugger
09-09-2016, 08:22 AM
No brain to concuss, so maybe the rules are different?

:rs:

pbmax
09-09-2016, 08:24 AM
The hit that Newton took early, when the guy actually launched himself up to hit the QB's head, makes it look like a deliberate plan. The defender looked like he was jumping up for a rebound.

ThunderDan
09-09-2016, 08:33 AM
I missed most of the 1st half.

But after the game the ESPN crew was saying that after the 4th quarter H2H on Newton and Cam staying on the ground should have started the concussion testing protocol. They took the Denver LB back to the locker room to check just before halftime.

Then one of the guys was saying that you don't take out the league MVP QB in the final drive of the game in a 1 point game.

pbmax
09-09-2016, 08:39 AM

But after the game the ESPN crew was saying that after the 4th quarter H2H on Newton and Cam staying on the ground should have started the concussion testing protocol. They took the Denver LB back to the locker room to check just before halftime.

Then one of the guys was saying that you don't take out the league MVP QB in the final drive of the game in a 1 point game.

Then that last ESPN guy who said that and the Panthers team, starting with the owner, should be fined each day from until Week 8 until they repent.

channtheman
09-09-2016, 08:40 AM
Probably the worst national anthem rendition I've ever heard.

Maxie the Taxi
09-09-2016, 08:53 AM
Probably the worst national anthem rendition I've ever heard.It was so bad it brought one player to his knees.:rs:

pbmax
09-09-2016, 09:09 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cr6SXCBXgAAhS9F.jpg:large

Jerry Snarkanian ‏@JerrySnarkanian 1h1 hour ago
@MikeAndMike Olsen is giving him a concussion test in this photo.
Olsen: "Can you walk?"
Newton: "Thursday"
Olsen: "Close enough."

gbgary
09-09-2016, 09:43 AM
nfl said this morning that the independent doctors had two and a half minutes (during the penalty discussion) in which they reviewed the hit and Cam's demeanor and determined he was ok.

pbmax
09-09-2016, 10:11 AM
nfl said this morning that the independent doctors had two and a half minutes (during the penalty discussion) in which they reviewed the hit and Cam's demeanor and determined he was ok.

NFL or Carolina?

Remote medicine has a long way to go. I spend more time at the Doctor's office being checked for height and weight than they did in diagnosing a brain condition.

gbgary
09-09-2016, 10:21 AM
NFL or Carolina?

Remote medicine has a long way to go. I spend more time at the Doctor's office being checked for height and weight than they did in diagnosing a brain condition.

nfl...per mike & mike, jason laconfora, yahoo sports. spotters saw no indication of concussion for cam newton.

Guiness
09-09-2016, 10:32 AM
NFL or Carolina?

In your doctor's defense, he has to get in the 'special' scale in for you, right?
http://hhpblog.s3.amazonaws.com/blog/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Scale-with-Help.jpg

Seriously though, the missed called on h2h were ridiculous. This one by Marshall in particular, you can see he's still a yard away when the ball is already in the air, and he leaves his feet!

http://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2016/09/09/d99c6b89-656d-4f0e-ae83-9711594880bd/resize/670x377/86a5c5530ec6ff69d0dc8421ab4104eb/cam-new-1-1.png

http://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2016/09/09/112ae607-3e75-4e9f-95b8-f606ed3b9149/resize/670x377/20427dac26652c3e609eecfe31d15a55/cam-new-1-3.png

and the gif...
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--8k5bVKUW--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/pj7xx0trluxxucq3mev0.gif

Guiness
09-09-2016, 10:36 AM

Probably Olsen. He also said this
"We just got to treat Cam like a quarterback," Olsen said. "I know he's the biggest guy on the field, but he's a quarterback."

swede
09-09-2016, 10:41 AM
nfl...per mike & mike, jason laconfora, yahoo sports. spotters saw no indication of concussion for cam newton.

I don't much care for Cam...but he took four helmet to helmet shots--only one of which wasn't intentional imo--and he stayed in the game. I would still be in the hospital. He stayed in the game. He ran the ball. He completed passes.

His personality really grates on me, but I can't help but respect his toughness. Especially after last night.

gbgary
09-09-2016, 10:52 AM
had they taken cam out without him being wobbly (etc), at that critical point, it would have given license for anyone to take out a qb in the same manner in any given game. they had time to observe cam and did the correct thing. there will be fines and maybe more for the two head shots although cam was a runner, but passed at the last second, in the first one...and lowered his head, and upper body, in the second.

George Cumby
09-09-2016, 10:52 AM
I don't much care for Cam...but he took four helmet to helmet shots--only one of which wasn't intentional imo--and he stayed in the game. I would still be in the hospital. He stayed in the game. He ran the ball. He completed passes.

His personality really grates on me, but I can't help but respect his toughness. Especially after last night.

+1

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2016, 10:53 AM
Just want it know that I like Cam. Once in awhile he shows some immaturity, but he seems like a good kid and a hard worker, and he's a damn good QB.

gbgary
09-09-2016, 10:55 AM

four? i know of three. the incidental face mask bump from miller shouldn't be counted. there was one hard tackle where he got sandwiched by a couple of guys but i didn't see helmet contact...he was a runner on that play too.

gbgary
09-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Just want it know that I like Cam. Once in awhile he shows some immaturity, but he seems like a good kid and a hard worker, and he's a damn good QB.

yup

Maxie the Taxi
09-09-2016, 11:25 AM
What about that time-out called by the Denver bench a moment before the Carolina kicker made the (apparent) winning FG? Anyone else think that's bush league and ought to be outlawed?

gbgary
09-09-2016, 11:31 AM
What about that time-out called by the Denver bench a moment before the Carolina kicker made the (apparent) winning FG? Anyone else think that's bush league and ought to be outlawed?

teams have been using it for years but it very seldom works. last night it did. i believe the snapper and holder were new.

swede
09-09-2016, 11:35 AM

See, you're probably a very young person and don't know that that has been going on since the Beatles were a thing. The Beatles were a band. From Britain. Anyway, I thought I saw the official standing over the ball waving his hands before the snap.

gbgary
09-09-2016, 11:38 AM
See, you're probably a very young person and don't know that that has been going on since the Beatles were a thing. The Beatles were a band. From Britain. Anyway, I thought I saw the official standing over the ball waving his hands before the snap.

lol

repped.

Maxie the Taxi
09-09-2016, 11:43 AM
teams have been using it for years but it very seldom works. last night it did. i believe the snapper and holder were new.I hate it because it's like a legal technicality...like when a smart ass lawyer gets a case dismissed against his murderer client because the judge signed the warrant on the wrong line or something. It's mocking the game.

Remember Don Money's grand slam that wasn't? Or Hank Aaron called out at the plate for hitting a home run with his foot out of the batter's box?

Time-outs should be at the discretion of the official and the official should not recognize the request...especially if the coach calling the time-out warns the official he's gonna call time-out with 1 second left.

swede
09-09-2016, 11:46 AM
I hate it because it's like a legal technicality...like when a smart ass lawyer gets a case dismissed against his murderer client because the judge signed the warrant on the wrong line or something. It's mocking the game.

Remember Don Money's grand slam that wasn't? Or Hank Aaron called out at the plate for hitting a home run with his foot out of the batter's box?

Time-outs should be at the discretion of the official and the official should not recognize the request...especially if the coach calling the time-out warns the official he's gonna call time-out with 1 second left.

What if your team isn't aligned properly? Officials shouldn't be in the business of determining why you want a time-out.

Maxie the Taxi
09-09-2016, 11:50 AM

I only follow good old American bands...like Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey and Lawrence Welk. I think I've heard of the Beatles though. They all needed a haircut.

Maxie the Taxi
09-09-2016, 11:56 AM
What if your team isn't aligned properly? Officials shouldn't be in the business of determining why you want a time-out.I disagree because officials make judgements all the time. It wouldn't matter the motivation for the time-out, just whether or not it could be communicated to all the players in time. In baseball the ump doesn't have to recognize a time-out request if he feels it's too late to stop the pitcher from winding up.

swede
09-09-2016, 02:49 PM
I disagree because officials make judgements all the time. It wouldn't matter the motivation for the time-out, just whether or not it could be communicated to all the players in time. In baseball the ump doesn't have to recognize a time-out request if he feels it's too late to stop the pitcher from winding up.

Typically, a team may call a time out up until the snap of the ball--assuming the official recognizes the request. Often a play is blown dead when an official recognizes that the request for a time-out came before the snap. (I remember seeing a game in which the offense had a touchdown called back because the offensive HC asked for a time-out just before the snap.) I can't imagine any other way to operate than using the snap as the demarcation between "in time" or "too late" to call a time-out.

Do you want all the rules regarding calling a time-out changed? Or would there be a separate set of rules designed to prevent the "icing" time-out prior to a field goal?

If a placekicker misses a field goal after having been "iced" I lay that problem on the kicking team, not on the opponent. The tactic is well-known and responding to it is part of the kicking team's responsibility.

I see your point but I don't think very many think of it as a terribly underhanded trick.

Basketball fans wave crazy crap in front of opposing players when they shoot free throws. Should we put a stop to that? You could try, but it would be a ridiculous rule to enforce. "Technical foul on the fan in the red for yelling 'Miss it!'"

What if a football stadium pumped in noise? Oh, wait, they've already lost draft picks for that.

I just think that any rule establishing an anti-freeze time-out protocol would be thought of as too much meddling for too little result. And now I feel like I should get off the barstool, take a leak, and change the subject when I get back.

Freak Out
09-09-2016, 03:27 PM
In your doctor's defense, he has to get in the 'special' scale in for you, right?
http://hhpblog.s3.amazonaws.com/blog/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Scale-with-Help.jpg

Seriously though, the missed called on h2h were ridiculous. This one by Marshall in particular, you can see he's still a yard away when the ball is already in the air, and he leaves his feet!

http://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2016/09/09/d99c6b89-656d-4f0e-ae83-9711594880bd/resize/670x377/86a5c5530ec6ff69d0dc8421ab4104eb/cam-new-1-1.png

http://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2016/09/09/112ae607-3e75-4e9f-95b8-f606ed3b9149/resize/670x377/20427dac26652c3e609eecfe31d15a55/cam-new-1-3.png

and the gif...
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--8k5bVKUW--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/pj7xx0trluxxucq3mev0.gif

How in the fuck was that not called? The Marshall headhunting that is.

swede
09-09-2016, 04:06 PM

That was called, but Cal was called for grounding and the penalties offset.

Edit: Sorry...it was called on the Stewart hit.

red
09-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Just want it know that I like Cam. Once in awhile he shows some immaturity, but he seems like a good kid and a hard worker, and he's a damn good QB.you know, i just think he likes to have fun, which is good to see, seeings how they're playing a GAME

as for him being pissy after losing the Super bowl. good for him for being pissed that he just lost the biggest game of his life. i acted worse then that when i lost a game of cornhole on labor day.

imagine the shit storm if he would have been smiling after the super bowl and said, "oh well, i still get paid either way"?

nfl should be ashamed after the whole crack down on h2h last year to let 3 go unflagged in the first game of the season happening on one of its biggest stars and money makers

Maxie the Taxi
09-09-2016, 04:33 PM
Typically, a team may call a time out up until the snap of the ball--assuming the official recognizes the request. Often a play is blown dead when an official recognizes that the request for a time-out came before the snap. (I remember seeing a game in which the offense had a touchdown called back because the offensive HC asked for a time-out just before the snap.) I can't imagine any other way to operate than using the snap as the demarcation between "in time" or "too late" to call a time-out.

Do you want all the rules regarding calling a time-out changed? Or would there be a separate set of rules designed to prevent the "icing" time-out prior to a field goal?

If a placekicker misses a field goal after having been "iced" I lay that problem on the kicking team, not on the opponent. The tactic is well-known and responding to it is part of the kicking team's responsibility.

I see your point but I don't think very many think of it as a terribly underhanded trick.

Basketball fans wave crazy crap in front of opposing players when they shoot free throws. Should we put a stop to that? You could try, but it would be a ridiculous rule to enforce. "Technical foul on the fan in the red for yelling 'Miss it!'"

What if a football stadium pumped in noise? Oh, wait, they've already lost draft picks for that.

I just think that any rule establishing an anti-freeze time-out protocol would be thought of as too much meddling for too little result. And now I feel like I should get off the barstool, take a leak, and change the subject when I get back.I know you're right...but it still feels wrong. :-|

Guiness
09-09-2016, 04:41 PM
I know you're right...but it still feels wrong. :-|

I'll add stupid and pointless.

pbmax
09-09-2016, 05:40 PM

It is bush league. But while its legal, you almost have to do it.

EDIT: And swede might be right, very hard to stop.

However, I think they should do away with calling timeouts from sideline.

Maxie the Taxi
09-09-2016, 08:37 PM
It is bush league. But while its legal, you almost have to do it.

EDIT: And swede might be right, very hard to stop.

However, I think they should do away with calling timeouts from sideline.Agreed. Correct me if I'm wrong but back in the day I don't think they could call time-outs from the sideline. I think only certain, designated players could call for a TO.

pbmax
09-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Agreed. Correct me if I'm wrong but back in the day I don't think they could call time-outs from the sideline. I think only certain, designated players could call for a TO.

Relatively recent development. I think any player on the field has been able to call them for a long time.

Maxie the Taxi
09-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Relatively recent development. I think any player on the field has been able to call them for a long time.I found an interesting article on the web about this: http://law.scu.edu/sports-law/icing-the-kicker-bad-sportsmanship-or-part-of-the-game/

To make our football matter more interesting, two versions of kicker-icing exist. The first, which we’ve discussed thus far, in which the opposing coach calls a timeout once he recognizes the other team will attempt a field goal. But the second version became popular in 2006 when the timeout-rule changed, allowing coaches to call timeouts instead of just the players. In a Week Two game of the 2007 season, Denver coach Mike Shanahan stood next to the sideline official and called “timeout” immediately prior to the snap of a late field goal attempt by Raiders’ Sebastian Janikowski. Not having time to realize a timeout was called, the Raiders ran the play and Janikowski made what would have been the game-winning field goal. Forced to cease celebrating and kick again, following the timeout, Janikoswki’s kick ricocheted off an upright and Denver went on to win. The following week, Raiders’ coach Lane Kiffin utilized the exact same ploy in a game they too ended up winning. And then two weeks later, Bills coach Dick Jauron jumped on the “everybody does it” bandwagon.

The head of NFL officiating at the time, Mike Pereira, commented on coaches using timeouts in this last-second icing manner, “I don’t think any of us projected it would be used this way. It just doesn’t seem right [italics mine].” And NFL Rules Commission member John Mara added, “We have other sportsmanship issues we have had to deal with—taunting, excessive celebrations—and this just adds a whole other level to it.” This is exactly the question, to use the words of the experts: is it a sportsmanship issue and is it right?

Interestingly, Mara included icing along with other practices which were, at the time, not against the rules yet clearly unsportsmanlike. Taunting and excessive celebration were once permitted. Now they aren’t. Most agree that taunting a competitor is unsportsmanlike and unethical: You can’t behave ethically while simultaneously mocking someone, even if no rules exist to permit it.

The “last-second timeout” violates many other precedents concerning the ethics of sport. The mere fact that it results in a kicker having to perform the same task twice seems argument enough. This form of timeout also allows the coach to participate in the game more as a player: he actively inserts himself into the play in a way that supersedes his intended involvement. Additionally in this case, the coach doesn’t perform a particular play or skill in football but, instead, performs football’s equivalent of asking a tennis player if he inhales while serving, and then forces him to re-hit a successful serve he’s already made.

Were the league interested in preventing this, they could include it as a form of emotional “taunting.” The only intent, in these situations, is to fluster the athlete mentally thus negatively affecting his performance. As I write this, I realize my own earlier example as a coach “icing” the shooter was actually a form of taunting, just disguised very well.

Much of this evaluation hinges on the relationship of moral judgments and rules in sport. Is a particular action first considered unethical and only then outlawed by the rules (i.e. taunting)? Or is the action against the rules and only then, by definition, unethical (i.e. soccer’s hand ball)? The answer is a blend of the two. To pick an obvious example, striking someone in the face with a fist in a soccer game is not unethical simply because it’s prohibited by the rules, it’s unethical regardless of the rules. Likewise taunting: mocking someone was unethical behavior in football before the league enacted a rule prohibiting it. In these cases, the moral evaluation comes first, then the rule reflects the evaluation.

But these two sorts of examples are true outside the context of sport: you don’t harm others—physically or emotionally.2 The timeout issue is sport-specific: the rules of the particular sport determine what participants may and may not do. Intentionally hitting a ball with one’s hand in a soccer match is unethical only because of a rule prohibiting it. Without soccer’s rules, it’s just a bunch of people on a grassy field with a ball and a couple of rectangular objects.

This is, in part, what’s going on here as officials come to view this as a “sportsmanship issue.” “Freezing the Kicker” is already listed as a violation in the NFL Rulebook under Section 3: “Unsportsmanlike Conduct.” Though, currently, the violation occurs only when a team calls a second consecutive timeout to freeze the kicker: this, the league considers “unsportsmanlike.”

It would be easy to prevent this type of timeout the first time around as well. For example, enact a rule like, “Following the two-minute warning, no timeouts allowed with fewer than 5 seconds on the play clock,” or, “No timeout by the opposing coach 30 seconds prior to a team’s kicking a field goal in the final two minutes.”

In the absence of harming an opponent, the rules determine the ethics of a game. Thus, regarding our timeout example here, the rules of the game are all we have to instruct us as to how we ought to act within such an institution. So, until the league changes the rule, coaches are free to use their timeouts as they please, even if they choose to do so ineffectively. Though I’ll be hoping the rule makers outlaw the last-second version of kicker icing, mostly because it just doesn’t seem “right” nor “sportsmanlike,” to quote the rule makers back to themselves.

Patler
09-10-2016, 08:46 AM
Relatively recent development. I think any player on the field has been able to call them for a long time.

I guess that depends on your definition of "long", because I believe I recall when only designated players could call time out. You would see linemen and such being ignored when indicating a time out while the QB frantically tried to get the attention of an official at the end of a play.

Or was it that the request had to be made to only certain officials, not just any official????

Pugger
09-10-2016, 08:46 AM

Marshall looked like that creep on the Redskins there. He was spearing with his helmet with his arms just hanging there and the stupid zebra just stands there and watches! The league says they are looking out for player safety but that is BS.

Guiness
09-10-2016, 09:27 AM
Marshall looked like that creep on the Redskins there. He was spearing with his helmet with his arms just hanging there and the stupid zebra just stands there and watches! The league says they are looking out for player safety but that is BS.

League has now announced it was a missed call. He'll get fined, but who really cares about that? Certainly not the team, who won the game. Should be suspended.

pbmax
09-10-2016, 11:08 AM
They treat Newton like he is a runner at all times even when he is just moving in the pocket. I read that in the four disputed cases, he threw each time. I only remember, three of those distinctly, but I can see this being an issue.

Guiness
09-10-2016, 12:08 PM
They treat Newton like he is a runner at all times even when he is just moving in the pocket. I read that in the four disputed cases, he threw each time. I only remember, three of those distinctly, but I can see this being an issue.

I can see where that would be part of the problem, and he's so big that the defenders will get plowed over if they don't fully commit to the tackle.

deake
09-10-2016, 12:23 PM
How many times has he shrugged off a hit and went on to throw a pass, where another qb would have been down. They were just making sure that didn't happen. Perhaps a quicker whistle, a quicker in the grasp in his case would eliminate the need to have two or three guys hit him. I

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2016, 12:54 PM
The refs clearly treat Cam like a big moose who can take it. That's wrong. The sack by Von Miller where he dove into Newton's lower legs was also illegal. Cam Newton is so big and tough, and he delivers so many hits himself throughout the game, that it changes the bias of the refs. Players could never rough-up Rodgers or Brady like that.

pbmax
09-10-2016, 01:11 PM
How about no shots to the head? And no launching.

To make it easier on the D, I'll give them back the glancing arm shots to the head while wrapping up the QB.

red
09-10-2016, 02:50 PM
its not nfl football, but can i go ahead and draft lamar jackson from louisville to be my FF QB either next season or in 2018?

the guy is insane

red
09-10-2016, 02:55 PM
The refs clearly treat Cam like a big moose who can take it. That's wrong. The sack by Von Miller where he dove into Newton's lower legs was also illegal. Cam Newton is so big and tough, and he delivers so many hits himself throughout the game, that it changes the bias of the refs. Players could never rough-up Rodgers or Brady like that.

thats exactly it, he's so big they let other guys get away with it, and you just can't do that

rules need to be applied equally, or else you have freakin anarchy

pittstang5
09-11-2016, 03:23 PM
anyone watching the end of the Saints / Raiders game. Going for 2 to take the lead with 47 secs. left. Ballsy!

Maxie the Taxi
09-11-2016, 03:27 PM
anyone watching the end of the Saints / Raiders game. Going for 2 to take the lead with 47 secs. left. Ballsy!Del Rio is NOT a conservative coach.

Maxie the Taxi
09-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Oakland wins. That was a great play to go for two. Away from home, momentum with you, young team. Yeah.

red
09-11-2016, 04:28 PM
the fuck is detroit doing?

they're suppose to suck this year, not be a juggernaut

Maxie the Taxi
09-11-2016, 04:45 PM
the fuck is detroit doing?

they're suppose to suck this year, not be a juggernautScore is now 21-3. Lions are playing really well.

red
09-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Score is now 21-3. Lions are playing really well.

its scary

swede
09-11-2016, 04:49 PM
thats exactly it, he's so big they let other guys get away with it, and you just can't do that

rules need to be applied equally, or else you have freakin anarchy

This ain't 'Nam.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-11-2016, 05:24 PM
Seattle offense appears to be struggling, but I am not paying any attention to the game. 6-3 Seagulls right now.

gbgary
09-11-2016, 05:47 PM
mia just went up on sea

Rastak
09-11-2016, 05:53 PM
Sure did. Dallas up against the Giants. Lions trying to hang on.

Maxie the Taxi
09-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Giants just scored. Victor Cruz TD catch. Good for him.

pbmax
09-11-2016, 06:00 PM
ALERT:

Marshall Newhouse still holds a starting (for now anyway) job in the NFL. He is the Giants RT.

Please plan accordingly.

Freak Out
09-11-2016, 06:09 PM
ALERT:

Marshall Newhouse still holds a starting (for now anyway) job in the NFL. He is the Giants RT.

Please plan accordingly.

Stunning.

wpony
Seattle td

wpony
Seconds to go

Rastak
09-11-2016, 06:10 PM
But missed extra point - a 2 point game.

wpony
09-11-2016, 06:11 PM
Omg missed extra point Seattle 2point lead 31 seconds left

wpony
09-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Hi tax sorry slow Tyler here

wpony
09-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Typer

wpony
09-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Some times I hate my Android and it's self correct anyonknow how to turn it off Seattle won

red
09-11-2016, 06:45 PM
lions don't believe in going out of bounds

red
09-11-2016, 06:46 PM
lions up by 2 with 4 seconds left

pbmax
09-11-2016, 06:47 PM
lions don't believe in going out of bounds

Was pretty remarkable really. One right after the other.

But the Colts and Lions are mirror images of each other.

hoosier
09-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Colts f*&^ed that up by scoring too quickly. They could have not taken one of their TOs or let the clock run a little after it was stopped for the official review. No reason to rush with 40 seconds remaining and your secondary playing like the 2011 Packers.

Teamcheez1
09-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Cardinals look like crap so far.

Maxie the Taxi
09-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Cardinals look like crap so far.Yup and I continue to be impressed by New England's resiliency. They've got a ton of injuries plus the Brady deal, yet they continue to field a competitive team.

pbmax
09-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Colts f*&^ed that up by scoring too quickly. They could have not taken one of their TOs or let the clock run a little after it was stopped for the official review. No reason to rush with 40 seconds remaining and your secondary playing like the 2011 Packers.

But Moose Johnston or John Lynch couldn't figure out why Stafford threw one more play with 8 seconds left. Its no wonder coaches don't get time management when the announcers don't even get it.

pbmax
09-11-2016, 08:52 PM
Yup and I continue to be impressed by New England's resiliency. They've got a ton of injuries plus the Brady deal, yet they continue to field a competitive team.

I loved the Collingsworth tidbit about D Coordinators frustrating Arizona when you force them to go short. Looks a lot like Packers effort against them last year.

pbmax
09-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Some times I hate my Android and it's self correct anyonknow how to turn it off Seattle won

Go here wpony: http://www.howtogeek.com/197047/how-to-turn-off-auto-correction-in-android/

Its a legit website. Their instructions are usually reliable.

ThunderDan
09-11-2016, 09:27 PM
Blount fumbles running into his guard that was being pushed back? Weak.

ThunderDan
09-11-2016, 09:29 PM
Looks like DT got his helmet on the ball.

ThunderDan
09-11-2016, 09:31 PM
ARI scores again on a short field after turnover.

ThunderDan
09-11-2016, 09:46 PM
Don't like that call on the roughing the passer. If the QB turns away you should be able to hit the QB in the back of the knee.

ThunderDan
09-11-2016, 10:02 PM
21-20 Ari with 10 minutes left.

smuggler
09-11-2016, 10:47 PM
Damn! Cards long snapper shat the bed. Poor kicker.

yetisnowman
09-11-2016, 10:58 PM
New England again shows why it's the most well coached team in the league. That game had no business being close. Limited personnel, back up qb, on the road....yet pulled out a win.

pbmax
09-11-2016, 11:02 PM
I don't think Arians record as an OC versus New England is very good. Not sure if he coached against them while with the Colts. Pro Football Reference doesn't break it down for assistant coaches, but maybe I'll dig around. New England used to own Pittsburgh whenever they met.

Rutnstrut
09-12-2016, 09:22 PM
All these fucking thugs with the Black Panther salute is disgusting.

vince
09-12-2016, 09:26 PM
I don't think Arians record as an OC versus New England is very good. Not sure if he coached against them while with the Colts. Pro Football Reference doesn't break it down for assistant coaches, but maybe I'll dig around. New England used to own Pittsburgh whenever they met.
Not many have been very good against Bellichek - not unlike McCarthy - the two winningest programs in the last 10 years.

pbmax
09-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Not many have been very good against Bellichek - not unlike McCarthy - the two winningest programs in the last 10 years.

True, but he used to WAX the Steelers on a regular basis. Most games weren't close.

Maxie the Taxi
09-13-2016, 07:42 AM
Watching the Steelers last night made me think the unthinkable...Bradshaw might be right. Big Ben might be the best QB in the league.