PDA

View Full Version : Targeting

Harlan Huckleby
09-10-2016, 01:19 PM
The Cam Newton discussion got me to thinkin. The college game has it right with their targeting penalty. Ya, it sucks sometimes. But it has really forced a less dangerous game, tackling has changed. Pros should do the same. It does not ruin the intense nature of the game, the players adjust. You can still hit with your shoulder and make a hard tackle. It's a worthwhile compromise to keep the game of football viable in the future.

red
09-10-2016, 03:04 PM
yup

throw the flag, its 15 yards for sure. then review it to determine if the guy ment to do it or not. if he did, he's gone

adds a few more minutes to the game, and makes the game much safer

Guiness
09-10-2016, 08:51 PM
yup

throw the flag, its 15 yards for sure. then review it to determine if the guy ment to do it or not. if he did, he's gone

adds a few more minutes to the game, and makes the game much safer

Ya, so if they'd been using that rule Thursday night, Denver might've had to get a couple offensive guys play both ways.

With all we know now, that was awful, and now way that should've been allowed to happen. Marshall should get a suspension, and I'm also not buying that the Von Miller contact was 'incidental'. It's up to the defender to make sure that contact does not happen.

Joemailman
09-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Maybe the officiating crew should be suspended as well. The Von Miller hit didn't look too bad to me. He didn't launch himself into Newton or lead with the crown of his helmet. Just 2 guys in a collision.

For anybody who wants to see the hits: http://imgur.com/gallery/Mn1z9Ld