PDA

View Full Version : Official 2016 Fuckdoggle Thread

Joemailman
09-11-2016, 03:20 PM
Week 1

I nominate Joe Thomas. Interception to set up the first TD, and great stop at the end.

Do I Have a second?

pittstang5
09-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Week 1

I nominate Joe Thomas. Interception to set up the first TD, and great stop at the end.

Do I Have a second?

2nd

pbmax
09-11-2016, 03:30 PM
I call for the question.

Maxie the Taxi
09-11-2016, 03:38 PM
I nominate Dean Lowry.

Joemailman
09-11-2016, 04:02 PM
I nominate Dean Lowry.

I'll let Blue Dog do the second.

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Lean Mean Dean made it into the box scores

D. Lowry 1 tackle 0 assists

"Every thousand mile journey begins with a single step." - Laozi 604 bc

Joemailman
09-11-2016, 04:30 PM
Actually, I'm not sure a 4th round pick qualifies for Fuckdoggle.

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Week 1

Do I Have a second?

Worthy choice. Unfortunately, I believe the MOF (Master of Fuckdoggle) resigned his post in anger. His replacement left under a shadow of corruption, although nothing was proven. Do you propose to be the new MOF? What credentials can you present to the assembly? Why do you want to be the MOF?

Maxie the Taxi
09-11-2016, 04:34 PM
Actually, I would pass this week since no Fuckdoggleable player did anything spectacular. But I could be dead wrong.

red
09-11-2016, 04:36 PM
i'm all for thomas, he bookended the game nicely

he didn't contribute many pages to the book though

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2016, 04:39 PM
Actually, I would pass this week since no Fuckdoggleable player did anything spectacular. But I could be dead wrong.

I think we see why the MOF job has been such a career killer. Nobody agrees on what the award means, so 2/3 of the membership simmers in anger at all decisions. Very much like your condo association.

I say Joe Thomas was spectacular enough.

Maxie the Taxi
09-11-2016, 04:40 PM
I think we see why the MOF job has been such a career killer. Nobody agrees on what the award means, so 2/3 of the membership simmers in anger at all decisions. Very much like your condo association.

I say Joe Thomas was spectacular enough.I angrily disagree.

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2016, 04:42 PM
I could be dead

not soon enough

swede
09-11-2016, 04:45 PM
Actually, I'm not sure a 4th round pick qualifies for Fuckdoggle.

Not a hard and fast rule. The spirit of the Fuckdoggle is to mystify and discourage an opposing fan base with a Packer player previously unknown to them. If Devon Lowry has reputation at all it is for having the shortest arm to height ration of any player since "Thalidomide Cal" Jorgenson.

Should the weekly Fuckdoggle nomination arise as the result of a replacement of a known player (leading to short-lived happiness on the part of the opposing fans before dealing with the frustration that comes with the arrival of an effective unknown player) you would have a classic Barney Fuckdoggle situation, but that. of course, goes without saying.

Maxie the Taxi
09-11-2016, 04:56 PM
Not a hard and fast rule. The spirit of the Fuckdoggle is to mystify and discourage an opposing fan base with a Packer player previously unknown to them. If Devon Lowry has reputation at all it is for having the shortest arm to height ration of any player since "Thalidomide Cal" Jorgenson.

Should the weekly Fuckdoggle nomination arise as the result of a replacement of a known player (leading to short-lived happiness on the part of the opposing fans before dealing with the frustration that comes with the arrival of an effective unknown player) you would have a classic Barney Fuckdoggle situation, but that. of course, goes without saying.Well said!!!!!

I nominate Swede for this week's Fuckdoggle.

George Cumby
09-11-2016, 05:07 PM
Remember: the FuckDoggle doesn't have to be awarded every week. Indeed, to award it every week and thereby lower the standards would cheapen the illustrious nature of the award.

Although not hard and fast in some members minds, it's is my firmly held belief that a fourth rounder should be ineligible for the FuckDoggle; so T-Rex Lowry is ineligible.

I didn't see the game but trust that Thomas is indeed worthy.

That is all.

Clayish
09-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Is Fuckdoggle the MVP of the game?

Would also like to know the inspiration behind that name hahah.

Maxie the Taxi
09-11-2016, 05:27 PM
Remember: the FuckDoggle doesn't have to be awarded every week. Indeed, to award it every week and thereby lower the standards would cheapen the illustrious nature of the award.

Although not hard and fast in some members minds, it's is my firmly held belief that a fourth rounder should be ineligible for the FuckDoggle; so T-Rex Lowry is ineligible.

I didn't see the game but trust that Thomas is indeed worthy.

That is all.I angrily disagree.

Harlan Huckleby
09-11-2016, 05:49 PM

Would also like to know the inspiration behind that name hahah.

It's an award given to an unremarkable player who bursts onto the scene in a single game. It is almost never awarded because any effort to decide on a nominee leads to bitter recriminations. The more prestigious award is the Bostickler Trophy, offered in memory of one notable play by a packer journeyman. It is rarely awarded, or even mentioned.

Maxie the Taxi
09-11-2016, 05:51 PM
It's an award given to an unremarkable player who bursts onto the scene in a single game. It is almost never awarded because any effort to decide on a nominee leads to bitter recriminations. The more prestigious award is the Bostickler Trophy, offered in memory of one notable play by a packer journeyman. It is rarely awarded, or even mentioned.

I angrily disagree.

Maxie the Taxi
09-11-2016, 05:57 PM

Would also like to know the inspiration behind that name hahah.Here's a thread that pretty much explains the origin of this nettlesome award: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?28127-The-Barney-Fuckdoggle-Award&highlight=fuckdoggle

pbmax
09-11-2016, 05:59 PM
I say Thomas is fuckdoggle worthy. An int and the key stop to the game. He was cut two different years.

He did play a lot last year but I doubt opposing fans know his name.

Maxie the Taxi
09-11-2016, 06:05 PM
If Thomas had made that 2nd interception, I might concur. Could we give him the award but just not engrave his name on the trophy?

esoxx
09-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Thomas seems suitable for fuckdoggle for reasons stated.

I'm just glad a Bostickler Trophy doesn't need to be handed out.

Joemailman
09-11-2016, 07:26 PM
I am pleased to present the first 2016 Fuckdoggle Jersey to Joe Thomas.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb449/route25/48Fuckdoggle.jpg (http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/route25/media/48Fuckdoggle.jpg.html)

Fritz
09-11-2016, 07:40 PM
In the finest spirit of The Mighty Fuckdoggle, I support the nomination of Joe Thomas, even though I did not see the game at all.

RashanGary
09-11-2016, 08:33 PM
48 earned it. I was like, "who's that guy." And then my next thought, was "damn, he looks like a hell of a athlete" and then I realize it was joe Thomas. He looked good.

How about Lane Taylor though? He was solid.

swede
09-12-2016, 07:02 AM
Which pencil-necked geek is in charge of the rolling list of awarded Fuckdoggles? I'm guessing we'll just Bostickle this up, like a mom throwing out your box of twenty-five year old baseball cards just before you figure out how much they are worth.

Patler
09-12-2016, 07:32 AM
I think Lane Taylor was more in the spirit of what the award is all about, a guy that few have heard of stepping up and playing decent in place of a common, well-known player. You guys seem to be making it into a star of the game type of award. I didn't think the Fuckdoggle had to be a star, just a competent replacement.

Maxie the Taxi
09-12-2016, 07:52 AM
It’s a real let-down when Barney turns into a hidden gem, and Collinsworth is like, “You know, Al. I think I really LIKE this Fuckdoggle guy!”

I think I recall Collinsworth saying these exact words last night about Lane Taylor. So Patler might be on to something. Let's go to the video tape!

[Has the unelected dictator who put himself in charge of the precious Fuckdoggle ever awarded a Fuckdoggle and then revoked it?]

SkinBasket
09-12-2016, 08:38 AM
In our house, he's known as BJT, short for Black Joe Thomas, so as to not create confusion with the real, and white, Joe Thomas.

Harlan Huckleby
09-12-2016, 09:39 AM
I think I recall Collinsworth saying these exact words last night about Lane Taylor. So Patler might be on to something. Let's go to the video tape!

[Has the unelected dictator who put himself in charge of the precious Fuckdoggle ever awarded a Fuckdoggle and then revoked it?]

Who died and made you God!? God, I'm bitter.

Joe Mailman is a trusted public servant and duly appointed master of all things Fuckdogglean. Joe Thomas is this week's winner. It is written.

Maxie the Taxi
09-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Who died and made you God!? God, I'm bitter.

Joe Mailman is a trusted public servant and duly appointed master of all things Fuckdogglean. Joe Thomas is this week's winner. It is written.There, there, my son. Calm your soul. All is well.... hahahaha Competing Fuckdoggles! What could be more appropriate? hahahaha

Harlan Huckleby
09-12-2016, 10:30 AM
Stay strong, Joe & Joe, the people are with you.

Bossman641
09-13-2016, 08:40 AM
On top of the INT and help on the 4th down stop, Thomas also ran right through Denard Robinson on a blitz. I forget who got the sack (CM3?) but Thomas made the play.

pbmax
09-13-2016, 08:41 AM
On top of the INT and help on the 4th down stop, Thomas also ran right through Denard Robinson on a blitz. I forget who got the sack (CM3?) but Thomas made the play.

He did do that. That might have been the most impressive feat. That poor RB was just a speed bump on that blitz. :lol:

RashanGary
09-27-2016, 09:28 AM
Week 3 - Lane Taylor. Perfect game. No bad runs or passes. Josh who?

Harlan Huckleby
09-27-2016, 09:53 AM
Hornibrook!

Joemailman
09-27-2016, 10:26 AM
Week 3 - Lane Taylor. Perfect game. No bad runs or passes. Josh who?

I second the nomination. He's been overlooked, which is a good thing given his circumstances.

Maxie the Taxi
09-27-2016, 10:52 AM
What about Ladarius Gunter filling in for Shields? Played pretty well, except didn't he drop an interception?

Aaack, to hell with it. No Fuckdoggle for you.

pbmax
09-27-2016, 11:22 AM
Didn't Gunter get benched for Rollins because he struggled versus Minnesota?

Smidgeon
09-27-2016, 01:53 PM
How can a starter be nominated for this?

Harlan Huckleby
09-27-2016, 01:59 PM

I share your bitterness.

Game on!

ThunderDan
09-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Starters cannot be Fuckdoggle winners. It is guys who come off the bench and fill a hole for part of a game.

Maxie the Taxi
09-27-2016, 02:43 PM
So it's hole fillers you want, heh? I nominate John Wayne Gacy.

Guiness
09-27-2016, 02:55 PM

I put forward that a starter can win a Fuckdoggle, especially if
1) it's his first start
2) he comes in to replace an established starter, nay a pro bowler
3) you barely notice the change!

In my mind, that the definition of a Fuckdoggle!

Harlan Huckleby
09-27-2016, 02:57 PM
Starters ok? I checked the bylaws, there is no requirement that the player be a Packer. I stand my ground.

Hornibrook! Hornibrook!

The quintessential fuckdoggle.

pbmax
09-27-2016, 05:25 PM
So it's hole fillers you want, heh? I nominate John Wayne Gacy.

BOO!

BZnDallas
09-27-2016, 06:09 PM
I second Hornibrook! Dude was on point on 3rd downs with his South Paw throwing ass. Hornibrook! Hornibrook! Fuckdoggle! Fuckdoggle!

RashanGary
09-27-2016, 06:49 PM
Starters cannot be Fuckdoggle winners. It is guys who come off the bench and fill a hole for part of a game.

Sitton was cut shortly before the season. This guy randomly comes in and plays his ass off. People were losing their shit, certain we were doomed. Taylor deserves a Fuckdoggle this year.

ThunderDan
09-27-2016, 07:55 PM
Maybe for the first start but now he has been starting for Almost 1/4 of the season.

pbmax
09-27-2016, 08:39 PM
Agree. Grizzled vet. Not a Fuckdoggle.