PDA

View Full Version : Pimps & Hoes - Jags

Anti-Polar Bear
09-11-2016, 04:51 PM
Without reviewing the game on NFL Shortcuts...

Hoes:

Burnett: Hades-awful in coverage...Holding took away Clinton-Dix's game-winning pick...Burnett, he who has been a Packer for, what, 3 decades (?) , is the AJ Hawk of safeties - an epitome of mediocrity...Hopefully my dawg, K-Brice, replaces Burnett soon.

Gunther: This guy is on the team...Why? Couldn't cover any of the Jags' D-3 receivers...Gunther now replaces Mr. Hyde as the weakest link on the defense.

Ryan: Not very skillful at coverage.

Pimps:

Claymaker: Claymaker the OLB takes himself out of the game far too often, unlike Claymaker the ILB...I saw #51 on the field in place of the Claymaker on the Jags final drive...Von Miller and JJ Watt never take themselves out in the clutch...Was pretty much a wrecking ball throughout the game.

Cobb: So-so stats but played hard from all over the place.

Lacy: Ran hard.

Clinton-Dix: Hit hard.

Schum: Punted hard. So hard.

pbmax
09-11-2016, 05:01 PM
Packers were running a whole substitute package on that drive to save guys. Did it most of the game.

Scum had a bad punt at the worst time.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-11-2016, 05:20 PM
Packers were running a whole substitute package on that drive to save guys. Did it most of the game.

Are you putting the blame on Capers? Cos it's pretty foolish to take your best player out with the game on the line. Did Capers also take the Claymaker out in the clutch against Seattle in the NFC Title game?

Claymaker is awesome and whatnot, but he's prone to going AWOL at inopportune time, at least as an OLB.

pbmax
09-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Are you putting the blame on Capers? Cos it's pretty foolish to take your best player out with the game on the line. Did Capers also take the Claymaker out in the clutch against Seattle in the NFC Title game?

Claymaker is awesome and whatnot, but he's prone to going AWOL at inopportune time, at least as an OLB.

The sideline assistant coaches are responsible for substitute patterns in-game and that would have gone double today with the heat. So its either Trgo or Moss with the call.

In the second half, they seemed to run the subs on for first down and then throw the starting unit back in on the next passing down. Like a basketball game where a player gets a breather before or after a TV timeout.

He had some other issue in the Seattle game.

Fritz
09-11-2016, 07:35 PM

Ah, but his bad punt was, I think, a 34 yarder. Masthay specialized in the 12 yard shank.

pbmax
09-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Ah, but his bad punt was, I think, a 34 yarder. Masthay specialized in the 12 yard shank.

Fair point. 34 yarder is better than the worst last year.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-12-2016, 12:30 PM
The sideline assistant coaches are responsible for substitute patterns in-game and that would have gone double today with the heat. So its either Trgo or Moss with the call.

In the second half, they seemed to run the subs on for first down and then throw the starting unit back in on the next passing down. Like a basketball game where a player gets a breather before or after a TV timeout.

He had some other issue in the Seattle game.

I was a shutdown corner in high school who shut down Darren Charles in a game. In the weight room of my ole high school, there was a large message painted high on a wall that read, "Excuses are for losers."

You appear to be making up excuses for the Claymaker.

In the clutch, no coach - head or assistant - in his right mind would take out his or her best playmaker. On that pivotal drive, without any timeouts left, the Jags weren't gonna run a whole lot, so it would be stupid to rest a healthy Claymaker for 3rd and 4th downs. Not even if the game was being played in hot and humid Hades.

At one point the Claymaker went AWOL, as he has done time and time again throughout his career, only to return after Jax was already deep inside the Pack's territory. Inexcusable.

Thank Allah, Packers didn't fuck up in the end. :)

Anti-Polar Bear
09-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Fair point. 34 yarder is better than the worst last year.

Punt netted 44 yards after penalty. :)

Patler
09-12-2016, 12:45 PM
I was a shutdown corner in high school who shut down Darren Charles in a game.

Who the heck is Darrin Charles?

(Time to get a new shtick, Mr. Charles is just another football has-been. It carries no significance anymore)

Anti-Polar Bear
09-12-2016, 01:09 PM
Who the heck is Darrin Charles?

(Time to get a new shtick, Mr. Charles is just another football has-been. It carries no significance anymore)

Charles was a 6-6 hotshot giant of a receiver. Mr. Football in the state of Wisconsin. Full-ride to Wisconsin. Slaughtered everyone he faced but me.

After I shutdown Charles, former Post Crescent sportswriter Chuck Carlson wrote: "The 5'9" Tank Elf Duke's shutdown of the 6'6" Darren Charles was akin to the 5'3" David's shutdown of the 7'7" Goliath, never mind that Tank's team lost the game 41-6."

Patler
09-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Charles was a 6-6 hotshot giant of a receiver. Mr. Football in the state of Wisconsin. Full-ride to Wisconsin. Slaughtered everyone he faced but me.

After I shutdown Charles, former Post Crescent sportswriter Chuck Carlson wrote: "The 5'9" Tank Elf Duke's shutdown of the 6'6" Darren Charles was akin to the 5'3" David's shutdown of the 7'7" Goliath, never mind that Tank's team lost the game 41-6."

I know who Charles WAS, another HS/College former athlete, just like Tank (Anti-Polar Bear) and a good many of other posters on here who had their good games and their bad.

The point is, few remember, and no one cares. That was what, 15 years ago???

Anti-Polar Bear
09-12-2016, 01:36 PM
I know who Charles WAS, another HS/College former athlete, just like Tank (Anti-Polar Bear) and a good many of other posters on here who had their good games and their bad.

The point is, few remember, and no one cares. That was what, 15 years ago???

That long ago? Dang. Coldplay said that time is on one's side, but time pretty much betrays you once you hit 30. Goddamn, take me back to the start...

wootah
09-12-2016, 01:55 PM
I was a shutdown corner in high school who shut down Darren Charles in a game.

So what? Skinbasket once threw for 4 touchdowns while qb'ing for Polk High.

red
09-12-2016, 05:49 PM
So what? Skinbasket once threw for 4 touchdowns while qb'ing for Polk High.

skin is red grange?

Cheesehead Craig
09-12-2016, 06:04 PM
skin is red grange?

Al Bundy

pbmax
09-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Al Bundy

Just one giant Illinois continuum.

red
09-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Al Bundy