PDA

View Full Version : K Robinson the Drunk a Packer?

Tony Oday
09-04-2006, 09:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9638511

Good Lord If this happens I would be AMAZED because we dont sign Vets here! :(

Mazzin
09-04-2006, 09:15 PM
I say go for it, he has GOT to be better than Fergi!

mraynrand
09-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Maybe Chicago should sign Robinson. Griese and Robinson are both drunks and between 'em, they'd add up to sober.

Lurker64
09-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Isn't Robinson going to be suspended for the season? Why would we sign someone for a season he won't play? I'm a bit confused here.

Terry
09-04-2006, 10:19 PM
He won't be suspended until after the legal matters are resolved and he won't be going to trial until after the season.

packrat
09-05-2006, 03:16 PM
No one is going to sign him until after the first game, because no one wants to be on the hook for a full year's salary if he gets cut.

RashanGary
09-05-2006, 03:22 PM
No one is going to sign him until after the first game, because no one wants to be on the hook for a full year's salary if he gets cut.

Good point. He'd be a nice pick up. KR/PR/#3 WR...

Yeah..I'd say we need him right about now.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-05-2006, 03:30 PM

Good point. He'd be a nice pick up. KR/PR/#3 WR...

Yeah..I'd say we need him right about now.

I don't think he got officially suspended, but I could be wrong.

packrulz
09-05-2006, 04:15 PM
From what I understand TT has to wait until after the 1st game or they have to assume his contract. Maybe they agreed to terms in principle with clauses in it where if he gets suspended he don't get paid. I have friends who have DWI's and I don't think it's fair to banish them from their job. Most of the time, work is the best thing they can do, look how Favre turned it around in GB. With a good lawyer he may not have to worry about a hearing for months. I'd sign him up and have him go to counseling every week.

pbmax
09-05-2006, 04:57 PM
From what I understand TT has to wait until after the 1st game or they have to assume his contract. Maybe they agreed to terms in principle with clauses in it where if he gets suspended he don't get paid. I have friends who have DWI's and I don't think it's fair to banish them from their job. Most of the time, work is the best thing they can do, look how Favre turned it around in GB. With a good lawyer he may not have to worry about a hearing for months. I'd sign him up and have him go to counseling every week.
If signed after the first game, his contract is not guaranteed for the year, like it would normally be for vested veterans who are there for the start of the game one. He could be released before game 9 and only his salary up to that point would count against the cap (plus bonus if any). They wouldn't owe him the rest, nor would it count on the cap.

His contract was null and void after he cleared waivers the next day.

packrulz
09-05-2006, 05:01 PM
If signed after the first game, his contract is not guaranteed for the year, like it would normally be for vested veterans who are there for the start of the game one. He could be released before game 9 and only his salary up to that point would count against the cap (plus bonus if any). They wouldn't owe him the rest, nor would it count on the cap.

Low risk, potential for high reward. I like it. I'd love to see him slip through Sharpers tackle into the end zone.

Rastak
09-05-2006, 05:15 PM

Low risk, potential for high reward. I like it. I'd love to see him slip through Sharpers tackle into the end zone.

After watching his career to this point where do you get the "low risk" thing?
Financial? Yes, but that's about the only low risk.

packrulz
09-05-2006, 05:23 PM

After watching his career to this point where do you get the "low risk" thing?
Financial? Yes, but that's about the only low risk.

Well, mostly about the money but you must admit he's be a huge upgrade at KR/WR, and they might only get a few games out of it but I don't think he's going to jail right away so why not give him a shot? I don't see any bad out of it from the Packers side.

vince
09-05-2006, 07:19 PM
I have to wonder if signing Robinson after week 1, if not already a done deal, is likely.

If they sign Robinson after week 1, they don't have to pay him if he lands in the clink, and he may be able to do his time in the offseason and/or get out for "work release"...

It would explain why we have settled for 4 receivers going into the season, which is highly curious, given the unproven status of Ruvell Martin and the high incidence of injuries... I haven't heard anything about Woodson or anyone else even being in offensive meetings, much less practicing with the offense, which would be necessary to take snaps in a game...

Given TT's history with Robinson, and based on current circumstances, it just seems to make too much sense...

In terms of his personal character, all indications are that he isn't a locker room cancer - just that he needs to grow up and demonstrate personal discipline - yesterday. He blew .11, which is over the limit of course, and a big mistake, but as anyone who is familiar with blood alcohol levels knows, isn't exactly annihilated. Then he freaked out, and tried to outrun the cops, which there's no excuse for, but if you had as much at stake as he did and were about to possibly lose what he lost, the thought of bailing would cross your mind as well...

Extremely bad judgement up to this point? Someone who is on his last leg? Does he need some help? Absolutely to all of the above.

Can he be helped? It sounds like he may have the character that leads people who know him to believe he has a chance to turn things around.

Maybe Green Bay is just the type of environment that would be best for him...

I'd welcome him with an open mind and pull for him to succeed if he comes onboard...

retailguy
09-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Vince,

I hear what you're saying, HOWEVER, if you or I made the same decision, we're looking at DUI, felony fleeing, evading arrest, and probably a littany of minor charges for speeding, running stop signs, etc.

They'd lock us up, and NOT care what the reasons were. We'd be instantly fired, and have ZERO shot at a break. WHY does KRob get one? Because the Packers are NEEDY?

Hell, its a GAME Vince. It's a GAME. What KRob did was NOT a game. It wasn't. Don't minimize it. Please.

Scott Campbell
09-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Maybe Max could have a little talk with him about the importance of being sober for game day.

Rastak
09-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Vince,

I hear what you're saying, HOWEVER, if you or I made the same decision, we're looking at DUI, felony fleeing, evading arrest, and probably a littany of minor charges for speeding, running stop signs, etc.

They'd lock us up, and NOT care what the reasons were. We'd be instantly fired, and have ZERO shot at a break. WHY does KRob get one? Because the Packers are NEEDY?

Hell, its a GAME Vince. It's a GAME. What KRob did was NOT a game. It wasn't. Don't minimize it. Please.

Yup, I like the guy but he's a friggen menace to society at this point. Get's a DUI and shows up drunk to jail. Gets another chance and risks multiple lives while drunk. He needs some serious in-patient help. I feel bad for the guy truth be told, I don't know why....

mraynrand
09-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Maybe Max could have a little talk with him about the importance of being sober for game day.

LOL. I take it you're referring to when Old Max played one of his better games severely hung over in SBI?

mraynrand
09-05-2006, 08:14 PM
In terms of his personal character, all indications are that he isn't a locker room cancer - just that he needs to grow up and demonstrate personal discipline - yesterday. He blew .11, which is over the limit of course, and a big mistake, but as anyone who is familiar with blood alcohol levels knows, isn't exactly annihilated. Then he freaked out, and tried to outrun the cops, which there's no excuse for, but if you had as much at stake as he did and were about to possibly lose what he lost, the thought of bailing would cross your mind as well...

And if he happened to have a loaded gun and someone got in his way, could you really fault him if he blew the guy away? I mean, after all, it's his life, it's pretty important that he not get busted right? And if a traffic cop was blocking him, why not just run the cop over? I mean, really, who is more important? We really need to do more understanding of our NFL players. If we just took the time to understand, we could find some common ground and all their problems, caused by society, poor economic standing, and disadvantaged youth, would all disappear, replaced by smiley faces, sunshine, lollipops and rainbows!!!

Scott Campbell
09-05-2006, 08:30 PM

LOL. I take it you're referring to when Old Max played one of his better games severely hung over in SBI?

Yeah.

Funny how the times have changed. When Max did it, people thought it was kind of cool. Now Max didn't get caught speeding 120mph trying to evade the police. As far as we know.

vince
09-05-2006, 09:15 PM
And if he happened to have a loaded gun and someone got in his way, could you really fault him if he blew the guy away?

IF he would have shot someone, it would be a seriously different situation for him. He didn't.

And if a traffic cop was blocking him, why not just run the cop over?

Is this a joke? IF he would have killed someone, or run over a cop, or shot someone, or otherwise committed murder - he would be a murderer and neither I nor any other sane individual would have any sympathy for him.

None of this happened. IF he were a murderer, or rapist, or otherwise committed a serious pre-meditated crime against the life and liberty of another person - or if he knew of a friend of his that committed murder, like Ray Lewis - he would be morally bankrupt and there would be little or no hope for him as far as I'm concerned.

Hell, I have no sympathy for him as it is. He screwed himself up. That's his past. Can't change that. Looking forward, I hope he turns himself around before something bad actually does happen to someone besides himself.

Being a productive professional, along with a lot of structure, coaching and supervision, is part of what he may need to help him make that happen.

The bottom line... Koren Robinson is not a murderer... And a bunch of IF'S won't make him one.

How about dealing with what actually happened...

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2006, 10:57 PM
We don't want this ass wipe on the team. He's not Packer People. He's also not the difference between 6-10 and 10-6.

mraynrand
09-06-2006, 01:13 AM
And if a traffic cop was blocking him, why not just run the cop over?

Is this a joke? IF he would have killed someone, or run over a cop, or shot someone, or otherwise committed murder - he would be a murderer and neither I nor any other sane individual would have any sympathy for him.

The bottom line... Koren Robinson is not a murderer... And a bunch of IF'S won't make him one.

How about dealing with what actually happened...
Uhh, Vince, recall the Randy Moss traffic cop incident from a few years back? The point I was making is that there's a line to be drawn where you no longer deal with a guy. I was being facetious in the extreme, but I clearly think that KR has already crossed the line.

woodbuck27
09-06-2006, 01:45 AM

Yup. That's OUR Boy Ted. NOT :shock:

MJZiggy
09-06-2006, 07:48 AM
What Buck, you want TT to sign him now and put us on the hook for his whole 2006 salary? If he waits 'til after game 1, we would only owe KR for what he plays. That way, if he does melt down during the season, we don't have to pay him. I see nothing wrong with waiting in this situation.

RashanGary
09-06-2006, 09:07 AM
What Buck, you want TT to sign him now and put us on the hook for his whole 2006 salary? If he waits 'til after game 1, we would only owe KR for what he plays. That way, if he does melt down during the season, we don't have to pay him. I see nothing wrong with waiting in this situation.

I think he'll be a Packer.

MJZiggy
09-06-2006, 09:09 AM
You're probably right. I just hope they keep a close eye on him while he's here.

woodbuck27
09-06-2006, 12:21 PM

Did I say that MJ. . .

DID I SAY that ? Please. .Read my post.

What does the word NOT mean to YOU MJZiggy?

Of course TT has the foresight not to consider using OUR money friviously.

Lady you are too sensitive about Ted Thompson or am I mistaken?

If Ted screws up. I'll tell ya.

Then you MJ, can rip a strip off my hide. . but till then. . . PLEASE relax.

woodbuck27
09-06-2006, 12:30 PM
You're probably right. I just hope they keep a close eye on him while he's here.

Just how would you suggest that will be handled MJ?

It can't be handled except inside K.R. That is the nature of Alcoholism.

Ted Thompson will not bring that fella into OUR Locker room. NO WAY !!

If Ted does . . .then he's panicing.

We don't need those problems that Koren Robinson, has to deal with as he may. It doesn't just disappear, when he puts the Green n' Gold on MJ. . YOU KNOW THAT !!

SO does Ted Thompson I TRUST as a Packer fan. Come On !! :mrgreen: