PDA

View Full Version : Interesting QB comparison chart

Patler
09-12-2016, 12:53 PM
I found the stats on this chart to be interesting, comparing the first 133 starts for Rodgers, Favre, P. Manning, Brady, Brees, Romo and Montana:

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/119635674.html

Zool
09-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Montana is the GOAT in my opinion. I didn't get to watch any guys in the 60's but Montana played well in every big game. After him is a crap shoot for the next 5-10. It's splitting hairs.

HarveyWallbangers
09-12-2016, 03:47 PM
Montana is the GOAT in my opinion. I didn't get to watch any guys in the 60's but Montana played well in every big game. After him is a crap shoot for the next 5-10. It's splitting hairs.

I agree. His stats are comparable with the stats of these more modern QBs, and he played in an era that was less QB friendly than the other guys. He did have Rice, Taylor, Clark, Craig, etc. though.

pbmax
09-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Don't forget the great Freddie Solomon.

red
09-12-2016, 05:13 PM

yeah, i'm there too, i don't remember much about montana, but he had the numbers of a favre with the championships of star and bradshaw

plus, ask yourself the question, if you could have one QB from any period of time, who would you pick. i'd pick montana without a second thought

a-rod needs to win some more super bowl IMO to be ranked with him, and at this point i think is window is starting to close quickly

King Friday
09-12-2016, 07:03 PM

Montana also had the enormous advantage of being the first guy to have the WCO (which was enormously QB friendly) playing against defenses still built to stop the previous eras offenses. He still played prior to free agency, so he didn't have to get acclimated to a new group of skill position players every other year...and he had the greatest receiver ever to throw to for the majority of his career. He was in the right place at the right time...not a knock on him, but when splitting hairs you have to consider all the circumstances.

Brady is greater than Montana to me. He's rarely had even HALF the talent around him on offense that Montana had, yet has produced just as well in big games when he needed to be clutch.