09-13-2016, 09:00 AM
But I kinda like the white on us tho.

Clayish
09-13-2016, 09:01 AM
Better than all green or all gold.

Harlan Huckleby
09-13-2016, 09:07 AM
But I kinda like the white on us tho.

It looks like Clay Matthews is the token white guy in the pic, too. Good for outreach.

edit: I guess Howie Long's kid is at least half white too.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-13-2016, 10:41 AM
It looks like Clay Matthews is the token white guy in the pic, too. Good for outreach.

edit: I guess Howie Long's kid is at least half white too.

I spotted multiple folks of the Aryan race. Luck, Kuchley, Carr, #82 of the Browns (?) (who the heck is he?), to name a few.

Additionally, Mariota is part-white. And Wilson is the WHITEST QB in the NFL.

I am surprised the Pack didn't opt for ALL-Orange, as far too many REDNECK Pack fans show up at Lambeau in the winter clad in orange.

As a sophisticated person of pure Russian blood, I can't help but shout expletives at the TV every time I see a Redneck Pack fan and his or her ugly orange. Yo Rednecks, go get your GED and get your eyes checked cos the Pack don't don orange!!!

hoosier
09-13-2016, 10:49 AM
Ick, wtf is that.

Maxie the Taxi
09-13-2016, 11:18 AM
It could be worse...
http://media.cleveland.com/osu_impact/photo/hawaii-throwback-football-uniforms-c339ee0e654d4082.jpg

MadtownPacker
09-13-2016, 11:33 AM
The all white is all right. Be cool for a night game under the lights.

gbgary
09-13-2016, 11:35 AM
Pack using their regular away jersey. love it. Packers, as a brand, don't give in to this kind of stuff.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-13-2016, 11:54 AM
The all white is all right. Be cool for a night game under the lights.

Since when did you start writing poetry? lol

MadScientist
09-13-2016, 12:05 PM
The NFL needs to fire all those involved in this idiotic color rush crap. Either that or let them be used as tackling dummies.

gbgary
09-13-2016, 12:12 PM
The NFL needs to fire all those involved in this idiotic color rush crap. Either that or let them be used as tackling dummies.

to their credit all the money, 100%, goes to charity so...

red
09-13-2016, 01:31 PM
an all white uniform. that should help people to stop commenting on how we are one of the whitest teams in the nfl and whitest fan bases in the country

i really really hate the color rush idea, i think its such a lazy idea and just an eye sore

MadtownPacker
09-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Check in your White guilt at the door sellout. Nothing wrong with being a honkie from Wisconsi.

Patler
09-13-2016, 03:38 PM
Does the term "Color Rush" have some meaning, history or implication that I am not aware of?

How did this version of a "third jersey" originate?

red
09-13-2016, 03:51 PM
Does the term "Color Rush" have some meaning, history or implication that I am not aware of?

How did this version of a "third jersey" originate?

its the idea nike or whoever has the nfl jersey deal came up with to milk as much money as they can out of the fans by getting some poor suckers to buy the alternate jersey

same idea as the throwback jerseys, just another nfl $$$$$$$$ making scheme aimed at us money bags to help them get even richer

or pink "breast awareness" gear, or camo "nut cancer" gear. they say they're for good cuses, but its mostly to make them more $$$$$$$

pbmax
09-13-2016, 04:14 PM
to their credit all the money, 100%, goes to charity so...

My suspicion is that 100% of net profits go to charity. And even that number might be subjected to deductions that wouldn't fly on an audit.

During Pink October, it runs like this:

According to data obtained from the NFL by Darren Rovell of ESPN, the NFL "takes a 25% royalty from the wholesale price (1/2 retail), donates 90% of royalty to American Cancer Society."

Patler
09-13-2016, 04:15 PM
its the idea nike or whoever has the nfl jersey deal came up with to milk as much money as they can out of the fans by getting some poor suckers to buy the alternate jersey

same idea as the throwback jerseys, just another nfl $$$$$$$$ making scheme aimed at us money bags to help them get even richer

or pink "breast awareness" gear, or camo "nut cancer" gear. they say they're for good cuses, but its mostly to make them more $$$$$$$

Ya, I realize the incentive behind having 14 different "third jerseys", but so far the others all had some basis or meaning. Throw back jerseys paid homage to old jersey designs and colors, kind of an interesting idea, I thought. Pink and camo colors on their equipment remind us of the cancer programs they are supposed to aid. These others have represented things we recognized, or reminded us of something specific.

What doe the term "color rush" represent? What am I supposed to be reminded of? These make me think of nothing, they remind me of nothing. I know what a throw back jersey is. What the heck is a "color rush"? It is meaningless.

red
09-13-2016, 04:19 PM
it is meaningless

a money grab in its purest sense

nothing more

other then to piss off color blind people every now and then

Patler
09-13-2016, 04:29 PM
it is meaningless

nothing more

Never thought of that! :-)

Maxie the Taxi
09-13-2016, 04:36 PM
What the heck is a "color rush"?

When I was in kindergarten I had a 64-color Crayola box. When I ate the burnt sienna I got a color rush.

QBME
09-13-2016, 05:01 PM
it is meaningless

nothing more

A close friend of mine has a 10 year old who is now getting into organized team sports. He and his buddies are playing on a full on football team. During a cook out a few weeks ago, a couple of the kids opined that the color rush uni's are "lit" and "savage".

The billion dollar NFL doesn't give a hoot about us gits and geezers. They are marketing to the next generation of fans. My friends 10 year old spends a boat load of time on You Tube NFL and can recite pretty most every teams marquis players. It's working.

Joemailman
09-13-2016, 05:35 PM
A close friend of mine has a 10 year old who is now getting into organized team sports. He and his buddies are playing on a full on football team. During a cook out a few weeks ago, a couple of the kids opined that the color rush uni's are "lit" and "savage".

The billion dollar NFL doesn't give a hoot about us gits and geezers. They are marketing to the next generation of fans. My friends 10 year old spends a boat load of time on You Tube NFL and can recite pretty most every teams marquis players. It's working.

Every time I walk into the Packer Pro Shop I am reminded I am no longer the target audience.

Cheesehead Craig
09-13-2016, 05:37 PM
Ya, I realize the incentive behind having 14 different "third jerseys", but so far the others all had some basis or meaning. Throw back jerseys paid homage to old jersey designs and colors, kind of an interesting idea, I thought. Pink and camo colors on their equipment remind us of the cancer programs they are supposed to aid. These others have represented things we recognized, or reminded us of something specific.

What doe the term "color rush" represent? What am I supposed to be reminded of? These make me think of nothing, they remind me of nothing. I know what a throw back jersey is. What the heck is a "color rush"? It is meaningless.

It's a marketing ploy disguised as helping the color blind NFL fans follow a game better.

Fritz
09-13-2016, 06:08 PM
These are called the color douche uniforms, yes?

Joemailman
09-13-2016, 06:12 PM
Bears at Packers Oct. 20

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsPxBb_VUAA95_8.jpg

vince
09-13-2016, 06:22 PM
Not a fan but whatever. I'm pretty surprised they didn't go all yellow for the revenue opportunity.