PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 Other Games Thread

Guiness
09-15-2016, 08:02 PM
Revis gets burned for a TD on the Bills first pass of the game. Has he lost some of his mojo? These opening 2 weeks have not been kind to him.

Bills in their color rush uniforms. Not awful, but not much to like either.

HarveyWallbangers
09-15-2016, 09:31 PM
Jets strategy is chuck it deep to whomever Ronald Darby is covering. A penalty brought back a bomb by Decker on Darby. The next play a bad throw on bomb to Decker on Darby. The next play Marshall drops a bomb right in his mitts against Darby. Darby can't cover these guys deep.

Darby got beat on Decker's TD earlier.

Darby is terrible tonight.

HarveyWallbangers
09-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Jets look good. A couple of bad breaks, but they've dominated. There is some talent on that team. If Fitzpatrick plays like he has tonight, they are a tough team to beat.

Maxie the Taxi
09-15-2016, 10:20 PM
To all who doubted him, Matt Forte still has a lot of game left in him.

denverYooper
09-16-2016, 12:20 AM
To all who doubted him, Matt Forte still has a lot of game left in him.

I'm glad he's not with the Bears any more.

Cheesehead Craig
09-16-2016, 07:28 AM
I'm glad he's not with the Bears any more.

I'm glad he's on my fantasy football team.

Pugger
09-16-2016, 07:44 AM
I have a friend who is a big Bills fan. I felt bad for him while watching his team last night. With no pass rush they made Fitzpatrick look like Tom Brady and their offense couldn't stay on the field.

KYPack
09-16-2016, 08:55 AM
I thought the Bills were going to do some good.

I do know that Rex Ryan, Rob Ryan, & Buddy Ryan are all assholes.

pbmax
09-16-2016, 01:10 PM

They are also complete chickenshits. The braintrust just fired Greg Roman. But their offense was good enough to make the Bills defense look like an extra large dumpster fire.

Rex and Rob should have fallen on their own steak kabob skewers.

The Bills Defense was Top 5 under Angry Man Schwartz. Its now the New Orleans Saints defense.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/57644478.jpg

George Cumby
09-17-2016, 01:02 AM

You got any good stories? Buddy settled in Kentucky post Philly, did he not?

Pugger
09-17-2016, 07:50 AM
Rex canned his OC Greg Roman yesterday.

King Friday
09-17-2016, 09:45 AM
Rex Ryan is too busy sucking toes to figure out what makes a current NFL defense work.

Teamcheez1
09-17-2016, 09:58 AM
Rex canned his OC Greg Roman yesterday.

Rex Ryan making this decision in Week 2 reeks of desperation. Oh well, they should have known what they were getting when they hired him as a head coach.

KYPack
09-17-2016, 11:25 AM
You got any good stories? Buddy settled in Kentucky post Philly, did he not?

Yeah, Buddy tried to come up with a championship race horse with a dream of winning the Kentucky Derby. He had a horse ranch and farm btw Louisville and Frankfort KY I know quite a few people into all aspects of the horse biz and several of them came in contact with the 'ol coach. And all of them...LIKED him. He is gruff and quiet, but had a twinkle and dry sense of humor about him. Friendly, folksy and one of the most honest people ever in the horse business, which almost requires some level of larceny to be successful. Buddy ran horses at nearby (& now basically defunct) Turfway park and won a few races, but that was about it.

The other Ryan that was around here for a minute was Rex. He coached at the University of Cincinnati in btw some NFL jobs. I was friendly with the UC coaches that drank at the same dump me & the other rugby coaches frequented (cheapest pitchers in this whole area). They all loved Rex to death. Hard working, totally prepared with a wicked funny sense of humor, he was universally liked by everybody on that staff.

When I say the Ryans are assholes, I meant as NFL coaches. Evidently as regular folk, they are very well liked.

I guess the short answer was no, I don't have any good stories, privately the Ryan's don't seem to act like their public images at all.

George Cumby
09-17-2016, 01:05 PM
Cool stories, nonetheless.

I always kind of liked Buddy despite the whole Bears thing. Seemed like a straight shooter.

pbmax
09-17-2016, 04:24 PM
I think the Ryan's think the public and leadership part of the job is to be a jackass.

They are 33% correct. The problem is that they don't even understand what the other 67% might be.

Hint: don't make unnecessary public enemies or promises (33%), and functional offense (34%).

pbmax
09-18-2016, 08:26 AM
Maybe Ryan isn't the entire problem is Buffalo. I think we can declare the Buffalo Bills a nonexistent threat for the foreseeable future if Ian Rapaport has this right.

https://www.facebook.com/rapsheetnfl/posts/1143539289045982

Basically, the owner and his wife met separately with offensive players to find out what was wrong with the offense (2015 Bills O 9th in DVOA, D was 24th!) after two games. The latter of which saw them hang 31 on the Jets D.

Rexy wasn't at the meeting. There is a source debate about whether this meeting spurred the firing of Roman (making it an owner driven initiative) or confirmed for the owner what Rex was telling them (Rex driven move).

Either way, ownership by the seat of your pants never works out well.

pbmax
09-18-2016, 08:28 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago
#Bills coach Rex Ryan was not happy, I’m told, when he learned of owner-player meetings. He said publicly it was his decision to fire Roman.

Maybe its a way of cleaning house? Get Rex to quit?

red
09-18-2016, 12:27 PM
saints safety might be paralyzed after taking a knee to the side of the head/neck as he went low to make a stop

edit

PJ williams

Joemailman
09-18-2016, 01:19 PM
Browns lead the Ravens 20-9. Josh McCown with 2 TD passes. You can't stop Josh McCown. You can only hope to contain him.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-18-2016, 01:34 PM
Browns lead the Ravens 20-9. Josh McCown with 2 TD passes. You can't stop Josh McCown. You can only hope to contain him.

Or u can knock him out of the game. Looked like Mcown got koed yet again. Did he return?

Anti-Polar Bear
09-18-2016, 01:39 PM
Jimmy G in NE has a shoulder injury. Kinda look like what happened to Romo late season.

denverYooper
09-18-2016, 01:44 PM

And I have Crowell and his 20 first half points on the bench.

Of course, it is sort of hard to trust a Browns offense.

red
09-18-2016, 02:06 PM
And I have Crowell and his 20 first half points on the bench.

Of course, it is sort of hard to trust a Browns offense.

yeah, thats too bad

smuggler
09-18-2016, 02:33 PM
I don't know how bad the injuries are, but the lions are without Zeke Ansah and Kyle Van Noy. Their defense is falling apart, from a personnel standpoint, against the Titans, but they've still only given up 10 points.

red
09-18-2016, 02:40 PM
man, kirk cousins just loves to stare down is first target

Maxie the Taxi
09-18-2016, 04:13 PM
San Diego Chargers are leading the "much improved" Jacksonville Jaguars 21 - 0.

AND Pete Carroll really sucks.

pbmax
09-18-2016, 04:28 PM
saints safety might be paralyzed after taking a knee to the side of the head/neck as he went low to make a stop

edit

PJ williams

Adam SchefterVerified account ‏@AdamSchefter 7m7 minutes ago
Agent Deryk Gilmore told @JosinaAnderson that PJ Williams is getting "a CT scan right now (at hospital), but he can feel his extremities."

pbmax
09-18-2016, 04:29 PM

I was hoping to contain him. I piked up that defense. Wasn't a dumpster fire though. They racked up a few points.

pbmax
09-18-2016, 04:30 PM
I don't know how bad the injuries are, but the lions are without Zeke Ansah and Kyle Van Noy. Their defense is falling apart, from a personnel standpoint, against the Titans, but they've still only given up 10 points.

If there is a game to be under manned defensively in, its versus the Titans.

pbmax
09-18-2016, 04:34 PM
Jeff Fisher!

Lindsey Thiry ‏@LindseyThiry 5m5 minutes ago
Rams season drive chart:
Punt
Punt
Punt
Int
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Int
Punt
TO on downs
Game
—-
FG
Punt
Punt
Punt
FG

Maxie the Taxi
09-18-2016, 04:38 PM
With Case Keenum at QB it's almost understandable.

pbmax
09-18-2016, 04:41 PM
With Case Keenum at QB it's almost understandable.

Every time a young quarterback ends up in one of these situations, I almost am ready to forgive Eli and Elway.

But then I remember what Elway has done to my teams and the pointless resistance continues.

red
09-18-2016, 05:00 PM
Jeff Fisher!

Lindsey Thiry ‏@LindseyThiry 5m5 minutes ago
Rams season drive chart:
Punt
Punt
Punt
Int
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Int
Punt
TO on downs
Game
—-
FG
Punt
Punt
Punt
FG

and the rumor is that he already has an extension. the team is just waiting for the right time to announce it.

i guess getting blown out in week one was not the right time

i'm thinking there might not ever be a good time to announce it

Maxie the Taxi
09-18-2016, 05:15 PM
San Diego is now leading the "much improved" Jacksonville Jaguars 28 - 0. The Chargers should be grateful to Green Bay for providing the video tape.

esoxx
09-18-2016, 05:22 PM
Same ol' sorry ass Jags.

Maxie the Taxi
09-18-2016, 05:31 PM
Jeff Fisher just blew that challenge big time.

Maxie the Taxi
09-18-2016, 06:31 PM
Denver just proved that pass rush is everything.

red
09-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Jeff Fisher just blew that challenge big time.

thats what coaches do when they suck

pbmax
09-18-2016, 07:09 PM
Nice weak spot Seattle. Losing to terrible Rams.

And thank God for garbage time points Jaguars.

red
09-18-2016, 07:09 PM
San Diego is now leading the "much improved" Jacksonville Jaguars 28 - 0. The Chargers should be grateful to Green Bay for providing the video tape.

didn't we almost lose to them last week?

yikes

Maxie the Taxi
09-18-2016, 07:12 PM
didn't we almost lose to them last week?

yikesYeah, either they're overrated or we are.

red
09-18-2016, 07:14 PM
whats wrong with seattle?

pbmax
09-18-2016, 07:15 PM
whats wrong with seattle?

Wilson has a high ankle sprain and their O Line is terrible.

I think it was John Schneider who didn't value O line while here, Ted seems to like drafting them fine :lol:

pbmax
09-19-2016, 01:28 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
#Chargers RB Danny Woodhead has torn his ACL, source said. His MRI just came back. He's out for the season. Bad blow.

This can't be true. Surely he will just rub some dirt on it, get gritty and continue to play?

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2016, 01:30 PM
Excited to see Carson Wentz against the Bears tonight.

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2016, 01:31 PM
#Chargers RB Danny Woodhead has torn his ACL, source said. His MRI just came back. He's out for the season. Bad blow.

This can't be true. Surely he will just rub some dirt on it, get gritty and continue to play?

Big loss for my Rats fantasy football team. He was #3 at RB in scoring last year (PPR), and he had a big first week.

Maxie the Taxi
09-19-2016, 07:55 PM
Cutler almost throws a pick (in and out of defender's hands). Sitton called for holding on a pancake block. Kicker misses FG. Same ole Bears.

pittstang5
09-19-2016, 08:03 PM
Cutler almost throws a pick (in and out of defender's hands). Sitton called for holding on a pancake block. Kicker misses FG. Same ole Bears.

unless they are playing the Packers...then, all of a sudden, they are world beaters.

Maxie the Taxi
09-19-2016, 08:14 PM
unless they are playing the Packers...then, all of a sudden, they are world beaters.The trouble is Bears and Vikes have decent HC's now.

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2016, 10:02 PM
Wentz looks like the real deal. His stats don't do him justice. Lots of drops on big plays. Hard to believe the guy only played 23 games at the FCS level and one half of a preseason game.

pbmax
09-19-2016, 11:52 PM
Also glad to see Sitton taking the Bears to the Super Bowl.

Also this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Csw7COmUEAA-a6c.jpg:large

Pugger
09-19-2016, 11:55 PM
Wilson has a high ankle sprain and their O Line is terrible.

I think it was John Schneider who didn't value O line while here, Ted seems to like drafting them fine :lol:

Seattle can keep John. That team is a mess right now. Makes our issues seem minor.

dufferole
09-20-2016, 06:37 AM
Wentz looks like the real deal. His stats don't do him justice. Lots of drops on big plays. Hard to believe the guy only played 23 games at the FCS level and one half of a preseason game.

He is the real deal. I watched him at NDSU and he can do it all. Crockett was fun to watch too.

Cheesehead Craig
09-20-2016, 11:10 AM
The Bears should cut Cutler after this season. I believe his cap hit is pretty minimal if they do. He's so effing done. The Bears would be better off just playing Hoyer the rest of the season, winning maybe 3 - 4 games and getting a high draft pick and taking QB Lamarr Jackson from Louisville.

But given the Bears stupidity, I don't know if they'll do that.

Harlan Huckleby
09-20-2016, 11:17 AM

More carries for Melvin Gordon

Harlan Huckleby
09-20-2016, 11:23 AM
Some Melvin Gordon happy talk:
http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/09/18/melvin-gordon-has-running-game-best-start-decade