PDA

View Full Version : Coston out for several weeks with torn MCL

falco
09-05-2006, 01:19 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=490880

Backed up: The Packers thought they got out of their final exhibition season without any crucial injuries, but they were wrong.

Offensive lineman Junius Coston suffered a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee and could be out several weeks. Coston, who has been backing up at both right guard and right tackle, is definitely out of the Chicago game and might need a month to recover.

"Basically the whole side of my leg got crashed into," Coston said. "I did it in the second quarter and played the rest of the half. I'm glad I didn't do anything more. I didn't say anything either. That's probably a mistake."

The injury leaves the Packers in a tough spot.

The only other players the Packers have with tackle experience are rookies Tony Moll and Daryn Colledge. However, Moll is starting at right guard and Colledge has played the left side here and in college.

Coach Mike McCarthy said that Colledge would work there along with center Chris White for the time being.

Kiwon
09-05-2006, 03:13 AM
Let's hope that Clinton and Tauscher can go the whole game.

CyclonePackFan
09-05-2006, 03:28 AM
Torn MCL....

Brings back some painful memories

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-05-2006, 10:30 AM
So, when the hell are we going to sign a vet who can step in if needed?

the_idle_threat
09-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Right after we move the Easter Bunny to IR and release Santa Claus to free up a roster spot. :razz:

Tony Oday
09-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Actually I think TT is going to sign a high school kid with some talent and a lot of upside...

ahaha
09-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Kevin Berry, Adriam Kemm, Burke, now Coston. AAAAAAGGHH! This is getting ridiculous. We desperately need a half-way decent veteren offensive lineman. If only TT would use one of our DTs in a trade. Or maybe a draft pick. I know TT considers all draft picks to be priceless, even the second day picks, but WTF? He could deal a pick or two. He knows he'll get it back next year when he trades down again.

red
09-05-2006, 11:47 AM
So, when the hell are we going to sign a vet who can step in if needed?

don't hold your breath

this has, signing an undrafted rookie DT to replace him, written all over it

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Don't we only have about 7 active o-lineman ready for chicago?

Fritz
09-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Memo to TT:

You'd better sign an o-lineman, preferably a veteran. It's getting tough to defend you here.

retailguy
09-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Memo to TT:

You'd better sign an o-lineman, preferably a veteran. It's getting tough to defend you here.

Never fear, Matt O'dwyer will be here...... :wink:

MJZiggy
09-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Memo to TT:

He did that last year. Maybe he learned his lesson.

Rastak
09-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Memo to TT:

He did that last year. Maybe he learned his lesson.

He signed bargin basement guys as starters last year...yes that's a bad move but to get them as backups is a wise move...IMHO.

Bretsky
09-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Does this really matter; Coston was terrible anyways.