PDA

View Full Version : Official Week 3 Other Games Thread

Joemailman
09-22-2016, 06:24 PM
Gronk makes season debut tonight for Patriots.

Jacoby Brissett starts at QB. Garoppolo will not dress. Edelman is the backup QB.

Guiness
09-22-2016, 09:29 PM

Jacoby Brissett starts at QB. Garoppolo will not dress. Edelman is the backup QB.

So they didn't pick up a backup QB - gutsy. On the surface it almost seems like they're just mailing this one in, but somehow they're up by 20, Houston and their high priced DL can't stop Blount and Brisset it showing himself capable of making throws when the Texans sell out against the run.

Watt is a non-entity.

Bretsky
09-22-2016, 09:40 PM
SUSPEND HOODY GENIUS FOR LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not even fair to have one guy who's so much better than any coach in the NFL

It's like putting Cam Newton on a high school team.

He goes to AZ w/o his best three offensive players and beats perhaps the top NFC team on the road

After winning another game he goes and is kicking the undefeated Texans around with who at QB...Briscuit....Biscuit....Biscous.....ah...who cares...most of us have never heard of the guy.

And then having the Hoodie OC Genius by his side.......SUSPEND THEM FOR LIFE

Anti-Polar Bear
09-22-2016, 09:41 PM

As I wrote in my New York Times best-seller, "A BILL Tolls for New England: Inside the Competency and Genius of Bill Belichick," Belichick is a bona fide genius.

Only a fearless genius -bona fide- would go into a game with only a lone QB and a starting WR as backup.

McCarthy and Thompson would never go into a game with only Callahan. Flynn would be signed faster than I last during coition - and the last time I had coition, the evening of Super Bowl 32, I lasted all of 16 seconds.

Btw, I don't see Gronk playing much.

Btw 2, J-Mac is one arrogant motherfucker, but he sure as hell knows offense. This guy will be the Lions HC next season unless some other team offers him the title of King/GM/Coach.

Bretsky
09-22-2016, 09:41 PM
Michael Irvin tweeted out of NE goes into Texans and wins tonight they should call is the Bellichek trophy

Anti-Polar Bear
09-22-2016, 09:48 PM
SUSPEND HOODY GENIUS FOR LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not even fair to have one guy who's so much better than any coach in the NFL

It's like putting Cam Newton on a high school team.

He goes to AZ w/o his best three offensive players and beats perhaps the top NFC team on the road

After winning another game he goes and is kicking the undefeated Texans around with who at QB...Briscuit....Biscuit....Biscous.....ah...who cares...most of us have never heard of the guy.

And then having the Hoodie OC Genius by his side.......SUSPEND THEM FOR LIFE

+1. Well put.

King Friday
09-22-2016, 09:54 PM
Amazing how competent an offense can look when the QB is looking to get the ball out as quickly as possible...rather than wait and wait and wait and run around a little and wait and wait for someone to get open 40 yards downfield, only to throw the ball out of bounds.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-22-2016, 10:03 PM
I hope Lacy is a-watching this game tonight. Look at Blount. That's how a "big" back's supposed to look.

pbmax
09-22-2016, 10:08 PM
Amazing how competent an offense can look when the QB is looking to get the ball out as quickly as possible...rather than wait and wait and wait and run around a little and wait and wait for someone to get open 40 yards downfield, only to throw the ball out of bounds.

They have also tried deep. But they did that while running the ball and while max protecting. Whoever is blocking Watt should get a bonus. So should the guy helping him.

pbmax
09-22-2016, 10:09 PM
I hope Lacy is a-watching this game tonight. Look at Blount. That's how a "big" back's supposed to look.

Kinda. He was 4 for 11 yards to start the game.

pbmax
09-22-2016, 10:14 PM
Michael Irvin tweeted out of NE goes into Texans and wins tonight they should call is the Bellichek trophy

He said he would re-engrave his.

Michael Irvin ‏@michaelirvin88 Sep 21
If @Patriots beat @HoustonTexans on @NFLTNF w the 3rd QB. I will take off Lombardi & call these The Belichick Trophy��

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cs5jowKUEAA-qmW.jpg:large

Guiness
09-22-2016, 10:16 PM
Pats punter is something else. Just hit a 47 yarder that landed inside the 5, no return.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-22-2016, 10:20 PM
Pat Chung is still in the league? Still with the Pats?

In a black and white - mostly black - league, it's nice to catch of a glimpse of yellow now and then. :)

Pugger
09-22-2016, 10:20 PM
NE has a nice defense but you can't turn the ball over on the road like Houston has and expect to win.

Guiness
09-22-2016, 10:21 PM
They have also tried deep. But they did that while running the ball and while max protecting. Whoever is blocking Watt should get a bonus. So should the guy helping him.

Both Watt and Clowney have both been invisible tonight.

Osweiler's been visible alright. Not for any good reasons...how does a 6'8" or whatever QB so consistently get balls batted down?

SMBASS
09-22-2016, 10:30 PM
I absolutely loathe New England for many reasons, but one thing I have to admit that's become painfully clear is that Belichick can game plan, scheme, and coach circles around Stubby. It never seems to matter who's out for them or which Fuckdoggle players of the week they're using, they always find ways to be competitive and they end up winning a lot of games that on paper they shouldn't.

pbmax
09-22-2016, 10:33 PM
I absolutely loathe New England for many reasons, but one thing I have to admit that's become painfully clear is that Belichick can game plan, scheme, and coach circles around Stubby. It never seems to matter who's out for them or which Fuckdoggle players of the week they're using, they always find ways to be competitive and they end up winning a lot of games that on paper they shouldn't.

Don't forget that this is the AFC. And the Texans are objectively terrible. Osweiler is not good and Watt is hurt. Their secondary is worse now than it was when it was the weak link on an otherwise good defense.

The Texans play in the AFC South, which makes everyone seem on the brink of the playoffs so they are consistently considered one or two guys away.

SMBASS
09-22-2016, 10:39 PM
Don't forget that this is the AFC. And the Texans are objectively terrible. Osweiler is not good and Watt is hurt. Their secondary is worse now than it was when it was the weak link on an otherwise good defense.

The Texans play in the AFC South, which makes everyone seem on the brink of the playoffs so they are consistently considered one or two guys away.

I know pb but he has a history of doing it over and over again...year after year. He just knows how to put a game plan together that plays to the strength of his team regardless of who in the hell he has available to play. It's not just this game by any measure. I've been watching him do this for a long time. They supposedly didn't have any chance when they went to Arizona for the first game either. He's not afraid to change the damn game plan every week if he has to if it gives his team the best chance to be competitive and win. He just doesn't sit there and continue to try to pound a square peg into a round hole no matter how many times it fails like so many other coaches do.

pbmax
09-22-2016, 11:03 PM
I know pb but he has a history of doing it over and over again...year after year. He just knows how to put a game plan together that plays to the strength of his team regardless of who in the hell he has available to play. It's not just this game by any measure. I've been watching him do this for a long time. They supposedly didn't have any chance when they went to Arizona for the first game either. He's not afraid to change the damn game plan every week if he has to if it gives his team the best chance to be competitive and win. He just doesn't sit there and continue to try to pound a square peg into a round hole no matter how many times it fails like so many other coaches do.

He did make his offense functional. But by the time they took a 20 point lead, the net yards for both teams were nearly equal. At that point it was a field position and special teams game. Which he was also winning.

Which is simply a long way of saying, he doesn't work miracles, but he doesn't leave any stone unturned either. He went through a long stretch where he could not draft to rebuild his D, but he has fixed that in the last couple of years. Its no mistake they got another Lombardi after that happened.

SMBASS
09-22-2016, 11:10 PM
He did make his offense functional. But by the time they took a 20 point lead, the net yards for both teams were nearly equal. At that point it was a field position and special teams game. Which he was also winning.

Which is simply a long way of saying, he doesn't work miracles, but he doesn't leave any stone unturned either. He went through a long stretch where he could not draft to rebuild his D, but he has fixed that in the last couple of years. Its no mistake they got another Lombardi after that happened.

I agree that he makes a lot of GM decisions that leave you scratching your head and I don't think he's necessarily one of the best in that capacity but strictly as a coach, he sure knows how to get the best out of whatever players he has a available and how to change the emphasis of his game plan from week to week depending on who they are playing. (Using Te's heavy, running heavy, short passing game, using backs as receivers, long passing game, etc.) In addition, he's a pretty good defensive minded coach as well. It seems to me that he has a lot of planning input on both sides of the ball.

Guiness
09-23-2016, 06:54 AM

Another thing he's done a couple of times that has impressed me is use WRs to fill in when he's out of CBs. He did it with Troy Brown, and again with Endleman. How screwed are other teams when they have to press their #4 CB into a starting roll? He goes to the other side of the ball, during a playoff game and find a guy who forces a fumble.

Bretsky
09-23-2016, 06:54 AM
I agree that he makes a lot of GM decisions that leave you scratching your head and I don't think he's necessarily one of the best in that capacity but strictly as a coach, he sure knows how to get the best out of whatever players he has a available and how to change the emphasis of his game plan from week to week depending on who they are playing. (Using Te's heavy, running heavy, short passing game, using backs as receivers, long passing game, etc.) In addition, he's a pretty good defensive minded coach as well. It seems to me that he has a lot of planning input on both sides of the ball.

IT"S TIME TO MAKE A COLLECTIVE STRIKE AT HE NFL INEQUITY AND HURT HOODY GENIUS

Josh McDaniels- GB's next Head Coach
Overpay and take all of his top assistants to Green Bay

Strike Hard GB !!

pbmax
09-23-2016, 08:40 AM
They beat the Texans! Its like beating Iowa!

Maxie the Taxi
09-23-2016, 08:41 AM
The thing about Belichick is that he's ruthless as a GM, which mirrors his style as a coach. Players on the roster know they have to perform or they're gone -- no matter who they are. Vets coming to the team via trade or free agency know if they perform they'll not only stick, but play. And Belichick doesn't seem to pay attention to press clippings on particular players. He trusts his own judgement and is willing to take the flack.

Plus, there are certain player-types he's enamored with and he always has them. On defense he likes huge NT's. (He gets rid of Wilfork and acquires Alan Branch and drafts Vincent Valentine). He likes big, athletic LB's and heady DB's. On offense he always has a third down running back ala James White, a quick, sure-handed receiver who makes people miss AND he uses him regularly. He likes WR's ala Julian Edelman -- smallish, quick, smart, hard-nosed, fearless. Then again, he'll break his own rules when the opportunity arises and alter his approach based on the opportunity to get an exceptional talent (Randy Moss, for example).

Definitely one of the best HC's ever.

pbmax
09-23-2016, 08:50 AM
How bad is the Texans D?

Seven O lineman blocking (that includes a TE), 3 receiver route, couldn't stop them.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtCm-krUAAA0X2y.jpg:large

Pugger
09-23-2016, 09:01 AM
It'll be fun to play the Texans later on. :-)

King Friday
09-23-2016, 09:09 AM
They beat the Texans! Its like beating Iowa!

They beat them 27-0...with a third string QB...and with injuries to other key players too.

The Packers couldn't beat Houston 27-0 with everyone on the roster healthy...and would probably lose 27-0 if we went down to our 3rd string QB.

Belichick is simply way better than Stubby...and his players buy into the system, which seems to be something of an issue in Green Bay after the Sitton debacle.

pbmax
09-23-2016, 09:33 AM
They beat them 27-0...with a third string QB...and with injuries to other key players too.

The Packers couldn't beat Houston 27-0 with everyone on the roster healthy...and would probably lose 27-0 if we went down to our 3rd string QB.

Belichick is simply way better than Stubby...and his players buy into the system, which seems to be something of an issue in Green Bay after the Sitton debacle.

That's because the coach has lost his offense and possibly his QB. Its not because McCarthy isn't a genius.

Just like the Packers stood to win that game without an inordinate amount of TOs and bad special teams play, the Patriots won going away because they did not turn it over and their special teams were very good.

When teams offenses are relatively equal in yardage gained, points are a result of field position more than any other factor.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-23-2016, 10:01 AM
IT"S TIME TO MAKE A COLLECTIVE STRIKE AT HE NFL INEQUITY AND HURT HOODY GENIUS

Josh McDaniels- GB's next Head Coach
Overpay and take all of his top assistants to Green Bay

Strike Hard GB !!

J-Mac won't take the job unless Thompson retires or gets beheaded,.

No way in Hades J-Mac signs on to watch Thompson give birth to rookies year after year while hibernating during free agency and the regular season.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-23-2016, 10:04 AM
Belichick is simply way better than Stubby....

He's better than the Polar Bear, too.

pbmax
09-23-2016, 10:15 AM
He's better than the Polar Bear, too.

Not even close.

OK, its probably very close, but Ted is better. GM Hoody has a better coach.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-23-2016, 10:30 AM
Not even close.

OK, its probably very close, but Ted is better. GM Hoody has a better coach.

'Draft and develop' Packers under Thompson: 1 (fluke) Super Bowl win, 1 (fluke) Super Bowl appearance.

'Draft, Sign Vets of NFL War, Trade Liberally' Patriots under Belichick: 4 Super Bowl wins, 6 Super Bowl appearances.

Yeah, Belichick can't hold Thompson's jockstrap. Seriously, Belichick's Way is way, way, way better than Thompson's Way. Ain't even close. Belichick is without an ounce of doubt the superior GM.

Proof's in the rings.

pbmax
09-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Proof's in the rings.

This ain't a tennis match!

Anti-Polar Bear
09-23-2016, 10:59 AM
This ain't a tennis match!

True, but 4 rings still rule 1 (fluke) ring.

pbmax
09-23-2016, 11:03 AM
True, but 4 rings still rule 1 (fluke) ring.

No doubt 4 is bigger than 1. But Ted has had less time and has put them into contention just as much. Must have help.

The fluke comment is funnier than home run threat from red zone :D

Fritz
09-23-2016, 11:10 AM

I have to agree. No way McMike goes into a game with a third string QB and beats the Texans. Hell, NE hasn't lost yet, has it? And without their All-World QB for every one. GB can't even beat a crippled Minny team with Rodgers.

Advantage Hoody Genius.

pbmax
09-23-2016, 11:17 AM
I have to agree. No way McMike goes into a game with a third string QB and beats the Texans. Hell, NE hasn't lost yet, has it? And without their All-World QB for every one. GB can't even beat a crippled Minny team with Rodgers.

Advantage Hoody Genius.

I think everyone needs to get outside and reorient their relationship to the ground.

McCarthy almost beat the Patriots in Gillette using a QB (Flynn) who was less talented than Charcoal Briquet. That's much more impressive than beating the Texans.

Of course, the W is most important and few ask about the quality of the win. But not everyone can play the AFC East and South every year.

A better question is why were Flynn, Coleman and Harrell on the roster for so long?

Fritz
09-23-2016, 11:24 AM
I disagree with you here, PB. I really do not believe, for a minute, that MM could be undefeated right now with Joe Callahan slinging the rock, even against the Texans. Oh, and don't forget, Hoody's biggest playmaker outside the QB didn't play in the first game, either.

Do you really think MM could've beaten those teams with the same lack of weapons? Hell, he couldn't even figure out how to get it done without Jordy last year, and with him this year.

I'm not saying he's awful. He's very good as a coach, and if somehow he landed on the street, he'd have a job in five minutes. But he's not as good as Hoody.

pbmax
09-23-2016, 11:34 AM
I disagree with you here, PB. I really do not believe, for a minute, that MM could be undefeated right now with Joe Callahan slinging the rock, even against the Texans. Oh, and don't forget, Hoody's biggest playmaker outside the QB didn't play in the first game, either.

Do you really think MM could've beaten those teams with the same lack of weapons? Hell, he couldn't even figure out how to get it done without Jordy last year, and with him this year.

I'm not saying he's awful. He's very good as a coach, and if somehow he landed on the street, he'd have a job in five minutes. But he's not as good as Hoody.

Possibly not. He is on a 2+ season streak of having his offense underwhelm.

But he has been that good before (see @NE). And I think if you put Hundley or Callahan in there, he changes the offense, probably for the better.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-23-2016, 11:54 AM
No doubt 4 is bigger than 1. But Ted has had less time and has put them into contention just as much. Must have help.

The fluke comment is funnier than home run threat from red zone :D

A'rigt then. Lets compare Belichick's first 10 seasons with Thompson's first 10. Too lazy to research it, but I'll bet ya this: Belichick's team won more than a fluke Super Bowl.

ThunderDan
09-23-2016, 12:07 PM
Did anyone actual watch the NE - Hou game?

NE didn't whoop Hou in the conventional way. Hell, NE didn't even have 300 yards in total offense. Yes, that is correct in this amazing whooping the NE offense couldn't crack 300 yards and had 175 yards of passing offense.

The real story was the NE D and especially the special teams. NE special teams forced 2 turnovers and gave the O short field after short field. NE TD drives were 22, 21 and 47 yards. Yup, 90 yards of offense and 3 TDs. Hell, NE's filed goal drives were more impressive than their TD drives.

pbmax
09-23-2016, 12:09 PM
Did anyone actual watch the NE - Hou game?

NE didn't whoop Hou in the conventional way. Hell, NE didn't even have 300 yards in total offense. Yes, that is correct in this amazing whooping the NE offense couldn't crack 300 yards and had 175 yards of passing offense.

The real story was the NE D and especially the special teams. NE special teams forced 2 turnovers and gave the O short field after short field. NE TD drives were 22, 21 and 47 yards. Yup, 90 yards of offense and 3 TDs. Hell, NE's filed goal drives were more impressive than their TD drives.

Exactly. And that is also how pathetic Bill O'Brien's offense is.

Cheesehead Craig
09-23-2016, 01:39 PM
Patriots put Hellen Keller at QB and still manage to win (http://dailysnark.com/patriots-put-hellen-keller-quarterback-still-manage-win/)

pbmax
09-23-2016, 01:49 PM
https://t.co/O2Qrg5Dtvb

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 7m7 minutes ago
Report: Jacoby Brissett suffers torn thumb ligament (which can only mean Drew Bledsoe’s coming back)

Let's talk about the Browns in 1988...

pbmax
09-23-2016, 01:53 PM
Purple Jesus is on Injured Reserve.

hoosier
09-23-2016, 01:59 PM
https://t.co/O2Qrg5Dtvb

Report: Jacoby Brissett suffers torn thumb ligament (which can only mean Drew Bledsoe’s coming back)

Let's talk about the Browns in 1988...

That is too bad, but probably irrelevant. Tony Eason could step on the field tomorrow and that team would not miss a beat. But did you have a role in Brisset's bad fortune?

pbmax
09-23-2016, 02:01 PM
That is too bad, but probably irrelevant. Tony Eason could step on the field tomorrow and that team would not miss a beat. But did you have a role in Brisset's bad fortune?

I foresaw nothing for Jacoby. In fact, I made the Packer Pick'em pick for New England and couldn't even remember his name while choosing them to win.

Guiness
09-23-2016, 02:29 PM

So...does Edelman get the start? Surely they have to add someone now!

Brady doesn't count against the 53 while suspended, right?

Guiness
09-23-2016, 02:32 PM
Purple Jesus is on Injured Reserve.

Renegotiation or release upcoming. He's due over $17M+ next year...not that he was ever going to get that.

Maxie the Taxi
09-23-2016, 03:27 PM
Expect Belichick to sign Nick Marshall off of Jacksonville's practice squad.

Fritz
09-23-2016, 03:49 PM
Maxie, you are a serious fan if you know who's on Jacksonville's practice squad.

Maxie the Taxi
09-23-2016, 04:12 PM
Maxie, you are a serious fan if you know who's on Jacksonville's practice squad.I'm sort of following Nick Marshall's career. He's a QB (in college) who's got a canon arm and runs the option play better than most. He's also a pretty good CB. Plus, I think Belichick was interested in him coming out of college. Can't remember if he was actually on New England's roster in preseason one year. I think he was. I wanted the Packers to draft him.

King Friday
09-24-2016, 11:40 AM
Exactly. And that is also how pathetic Bill O'Brien's offense is.

So the Patriots won because of blind luck getting turnovers and because Houston's offense is pathetic?

pbmax
09-24-2016, 12:40 PM
So the Patriots won because of blind luck getting turnovers and because Houston's offense is pathetic?

That was a large part of it. Forcing turnovers is a skill, so they get credit for that. Recovering turnovers is the most random thing in the game of football other than the coin toss. So luck is involved there.

I am not saying Belichick isn't great. But miracle worker makes it sound like he created a brand new offense for the 3rd string guy to run in a week. He did not such thing.

He gave him a limited number of plays and had his other two units step up. And the Texans were the perfect opponent.

pbmax
09-25-2016, 11:04 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago
Without Adrian Peterson, the #Vikings will start RB Matt Asiata today, rather than Jerick McKinnon.

Rastak
09-25-2016, 11:07 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago
Without Adrian Peterson, the #Vikings will start RB Matt Asiata today, rather than Jerick McKinnon.

McKinnon must be dinged up. Asiata is steady and can catch but not spectacular. It's gonna be real hard to best Carolina on the road.

pbmax
09-25-2016, 11:18 AM
Just a point about how easy it is to overestimate individuals in a team game, Five Thirty Eight's ELO ranking predictions, which I believe rely solely on past results (including two non-Brady games) had the Patriots beating the Texans 70% of the time.

So the QB alone is not enough to overcome a gap like that.

Rastak
09-25-2016, 01:55 PM
Vikings take the lead over Carolina. Really tough fight though, can go either way.

Bills with he lead? Kind of a shocker.

red
09-25-2016, 03:01 PM
how is the packer lion game over, and the washington/giants game still has almost a full quarter to go?

Rastak
09-25-2016, 03:06 PM
how is the packer lion game over, and the washington/giants game still has almost a full quarter to go?'

Injury?

Vikings beat Carolina going away.

red
09-25-2016, 03:14 PM
beckham is such a punk bitch

pbmax
09-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Browns force strip sack in Dolphins territory with 26 seconds left. have a TO, run QB kneel to take clock to 3 seconds left.

Bring on second string kicker. Misses wide left. OT.

Rastak
09-25-2016, 03:20 PM
Browns force strip sack in Dolphins territory with 26 seconds left. have a TO, run QB kneel to take clock to 3 seconds left.

Poor Browns, I really really feel for those guys....

Bossman641
09-25-2016, 03:24 PM
How did the Vikings do it today ras? Capitalize on turnovers or did Bradford look good again?

pittstang5
09-25-2016, 04:05 PM
Eagles are impressive. Pack is not going to beat them

Rastak
09-25-2016, 04:14 PM
How did the Vikings do it today ras? Capitalize on turnovers or did Bradford look good again?

Stuffed the Panthers on defense after giving up 10 early. Offense was bad first half, second half did enough to win.

denverYooper
09-25-2016, 04:37 PM
Could be that the Vikings are pretty good.

Maybe the Packers aren't bad either.

Fritz
09-25-2016, 05:18 PM

This is all Art Modell's fault. Or Marty Schottenheimer's. Or that Jewish quarterback they had, Bernie Kosar. Maybe him.

Guiness
09-25-2016, 05:22 PM

In all fairness, it was a 46 yard attempt. Not a chip shot at the best of times, which this was not.

red
09-25-2016, 05:28 PM
In all fairness, it was a 46 yard attempt. Not a chip shot at the best of times, which this was not.

hell thats almost an extra point

Fritz
09-25-2016, 05:46 PM

Okay, we keep bitching about the NFL, but we keep watching and talking about it.

Like a girlfriend I once had. But then again, I'm a voyeur.

Rastak
09-25-2016, 05:47 PM

That's what I'm thinking.

red
09-25-2016, 05:54 PM
Okay, we keep bitching about the NFL, but we keep watching and talking about it.

Like a girlfriend I once had. But then again, I'm a voyeur.

i'm actually watching bar rescue

fuck the nfl and their made for TV drama crap

pbmax
09-25-2016, 06:36 PM
This is all Art Modell's fault. Or Marty Schottenheimer's. Or that Jewish quarterback they had, Bernie Kosar. Maybe him.

That is actually a funny story. Modell also thought he was a member of the tribe. But he was Catholic I believe.

pbmax
09-25-2016, 06:44 PM
Wild AFC game Colts v Chargers. Chargers took the lead on a FG when it should have been a TD if Phillip Rivers wasn't a doorknob.

Down 1, he completed a pass inside the 10 yard line. He then got flagged for 15 yards for taunting a D lineman. They got another first, inside the 10 but petered out and hit a FG.

Colts did nothing next possession and gave the ball back. Chargers made a little hay but also had to punt. Colts had ball near their 20 with 2:30 and 2 TOs. Three or four plays later, Brandon Flowers is knocked out of game after he jammed him head on a tackle.

Next play, TY Hilton caught a ball against his replacement and shook him off for a long TD on a medium depth throw. Lotta fun.

hoosier
09-25-2016, 07:18 PM
If you're Hilton and have time to think about it, do you go down at the 5 yard line and let your team run the clock down and try the GW FG at the end? Scoring the TD with 1:10 left meant that the game was far from over, especially considering what Indy's pass defense is like. I really thought he should have slid down.

pbmax
09-25-2016, 07:35 PM
If you're Hilton and have time to think about it, do you go down at the 5 yard line and let your team run the clock down and try the GW FG at the end? Scoring the TD with 1:10 left meant that the game was far from over, especially considering what Indy's pass defense is like. I really thought he should have slid down.

I think to do it properly, you would need to know how many timeouts the Chargers had. If they had one or less, then perhaps yes, hit the deck.

hoosier
09-25-2016, 07:36 PM
They were out of TOs at that point. 1:25 or so left on the clock, so you can run it down all the way.

pbmax
09-25-2016, 07:38 PM
They were out of TOs at that point. 1:25 or so left on the clock, so you can run it down all the way.

Then yeah, that makes sense.

red
09-25-2016, 07:39 PM
so, the big news that no one is talking about is russell wilson maybe lost for the season.

knees aren't suppose to bend like that, even if he could walk on it afterwards

Rastak
09-25-2016, 07:43 PM
so, the big news that no one is talking about is russell wilson maybe lost for the season.

knees aren't suppose to bend like that, even if he could walk on it afterwards

Didn't see it. That would fuck the Hawks for sure.

red
09-25-2016, 07:45 PM

found this on youtube, won't be up for long

looks bad to me

harsh language and loud vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ZJTUzyG_k

KYPack
09-25-2016, 07:45 PM
That is actually a funny story. Modell also thought he was a member of the tribe. But he was Catholic I believe.

Art was a Jew from Brooklyn.

Not that there is anything wrong with that

red
09-25-2016, 07:48 PM
another vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHPjqBljy3c

red
09-25-2016, 07:51 PM
picture

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fmedia%2Fmotion%2F2016%2F0925%2Fdm_160925_ nfl_seahawks_49ers%2Fdm_160925_nfl_seahawks_49ers. jpg&w=943&h=530&cquality=80

Rastak
09-25-2016, 07:53 PM
found this on youtube, won't be up for long

looks bad to me

harsh language and loud vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ZJTUzyG_k

Yea, he got his leg bent the wrong way.

I'm sure God will provide........:roll:

King Friday
09-25-2016, 08:12 PM

The Packers and Vikings are both very good teams. The Vikings had to play a very good ball game to beat the Packers in their place. The Packers are probably a more balanced team (at least when healthy) but Minnesota's defense is the strongest side of the ball that either team has.

I think the injury to AP might actually be a blessing to the Vikings, because AP was no longer the dominant back he used to be. You don't have to feed him anymore...and I think it will benefit their offense over time. The jury is still out on Bradford...the guy flashes tremendous ability on occasion, but then also can go through periods of questionable play. We'll find out how good he really is after about 5 or 6 weeks...once teams have plenty of film on the Vikings offense with him (or AP) in there and start making adjustments.

Joemailman
09-25-2016, 08:21 PM
The Bears still suck.

ThunderDan
09-25-2016, 08:41 PM
Hold on Whitten.

ThunderDan
09-25-2016, 08:42 PM
24-3 Cowpukes.

King Friday
09-25-2016, 08:43 PM
The Bears still suck.

Sitton is probably having second thoughts on signing with that pathetic bunch of losers at this point. At least he does have considerable coin in his bank account as consolation.

Maxie the Taxi
09-25-2016, 08:45 PM
The Cowgirls started out just like the Packers. They'll probably carry a big lead into halftime. It will be interesting how they come out the second half. Will they keep the pressure on, or dial it back?

King Friday
09-25-2016, 08:52 PM
The Cowgirls started out just like the Packers. They'll probably carry a big lead into halftime. It will be interesting how they come out the second half. Will they keep the pressure on, or dial it back?

Jason Garrett strikes me as a "dial it back" kind of guy.

denverYooper
09-25-2016, 09:01 PM
Sitton is probably having second thoughts on signing with that pathetic bunch of losers at this point. At least he does have considerable coin in his bank account as consolation.

Funny. I was thinking something similar.

The Bears are a mess right now.

pbmax
09-25-2016, 09:28 PM
Jason Garrett strikes me as a "dial it back" kind of guy.

Indeed he seems that way. But the Cowboy fans I know are always mad at him for not using his O line and backs and running more.

Joemailman
09-25-2016, 09:36 PM

That calling it an MCL sprain. MRI scheduled for tonight.

pbmax
09-25-2016, 09:42 PM
That calling it an MCL sprain. MRI scheduled for tonight.

That would seem to be a near miracle if that is all it is.

Still, between and ankle and knee, injuries are piling up.

pbmax
09-26-2016, 12:11 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 20s20 seconds ago
#Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (MCL) has been getting treatment since last night. The team is optimistic he’ll be ready to roll Sunday.

red
09-26-2016, 12:46 PM
seahawks say its just a sprained mcl

unreal

all i can think of is that the videos/pics were optical illusions, and that his knee was just bending more normal then it appears

or else he has rubber bands for ligaments

pbmax
09-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Never under-estimate the ability of a coach to lie.

red
09-26-2016, 01:00 PM
heres big ben(the rapist) having the same thing happen to him. it was also a mcl sprain and he missed 4-6 weeks

King Friday
09-26-2016, 09:11 PM
Never under-estimate the ability of a coach to lie.

What? Pete Carroll? Lie? Haberdash Poppycock!

red
09-26-2016, 09:19 PM
heres that picture i was suppose to post a while ago

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/big-ben-injury-rams.jpg

Guiness
09-26-2016, 09:32 PM
Kuhn!!!!!!!

King Friday
09-26-2016, 09:34 PM
Thank you Kuhn! Playing against Brees and Ingram in my main fantasy league...Kuhn steals 6 points! KUHNNNNNNN!

pbmax
09-26-2016, 09:56 PM
That's a normal walk in the park for Big Ben. Surprised he noticed his leg dangling.