PDA

View Full Version : Packers Offense: Did the Packers or the Lions fix it?

pbmax
10-02-2016, 09:26 AM
The Detroit Lions defense is ranked 31st at Football Outsiders (helped there by the Packers, though going into the game they were 27th).

Did the Packers solve their offensive woes or were the Lions the greatest placebo a team ever got?

King Friday
10-02-2016, 09:37 AM
Until the Packer offense produces consistently over an entire 4 quarter game against something better than a bottom feeder defense, there isn't anyone who can declare this offense as fixed.

Harlan Huckleby
10-02-2016, 09:42 AM
I think it's a 50-50 deal. What to do? What to do?

pbmax
10-02-2016, 09:43 AM
I think it's a 50-50 deal. What to do? What to do?

Does a Packers offense that can dominate a terrible defense for a half represent a healed and fully operational Packers Offense/Death Star?

Harlan Huckleby
10-02-2016, 09:49 AM
I voted Lions D but now that I see it is the.popular choice I am filled with voter's remorse.

Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention

Patler
10-02-2016, 01:13 PM
Just saw that the Opponent QB rating of the Lions is 120.2. Mariotta was at 102.8 against them (25/33, 238 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT) and Luck was at 119.5 (31/47, 385, 4, 0).
AR's game was nothing special (15/24, 205, 4, 0), just more efficient in getting TDs than Luck was.

Pugger
10-02-2016, 05:43 PM
So is the consensus our offense still stinks?

hoosier
10-02-2016, 08:38 PM
It doesn't stink but it isn't yet as consistent as it needs to be. The second half was pretty clear evidence in support of that.

Smidgeon
10-02-2016, 09:13 PM
And what's with the Colts this year? Isn't Andrew Luck supposed to be good? Yet he only showed it against the Lions...

Is he the new David Carr?

King Friday
10-02-2016, 09:20 PM
And what's with the Colts this year? Isn't Andrew Luck supposed to be good? Yet he only showed it against the Lions...

Is he the new David Carr?

His offensive line is absolute horseshit. He has FRANK GORE as a running back. That guy was washed up 4 years ago. Hilton is the only receiver who has better than average talent, but he's still not a top 10 guy in the league.

Luck is a very good QB...the fact he doesn't have a negative QB rating is evidence of that. The Colts have completely wasted any chance to ride Luck as they did Manning because their owner is a drunken moron who couldn't tell his asshole from a hole in the ground.

King Friday
10-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Oh...and the Colts defense is refried dog turds as well.

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2016, 03:10 AM
I'll go with the idea that mostly the porous Lions D made our offense look good, although some semblance of intelligent pass-first play calling in the first half also helped a LOT. Reverting to the run-first shit and basically taking the ball out of Rodgers' hands in the second half proved to be stupid even against a sorry defense.

McCarthy better get his shit together play calling-wise, or a much better Giants D and a much better Giants running game on offense are gonna give the Packers major problems.

denverYooper
10-03-2016, 07:38 AM
I remember a bad Bears defense holding this offense down last year so performing against a bad D as expected is part of the healing process.

They also scored 27 against the mid-ranked (15) defense of Jacksonville.

And 14 against the 3rd-ranked D of Minnesota, a defense which is being mulled as Broncos-level.

Seems to me that so far they are what they always have been... a top-10 offense that can score against mediocre-to-bad defenses but struggles against top-10 units.

hoosier
10-03-2016, 07:51 AM
His offensive line is absolute horseshit. He has FRANK GORE as a running back. That guy was washed up 4 years ago. Hilton is the only receiver who has better than average talent, but he's still not a top 10 guy in the league.

Luck is a very good QB...the fact he doesn't have a negative QB rating is evidence of that. The Colts have completely wasted any chance to ride Luck as they did Manning because their owner is a drunken moron who couldn't tell his asshole from a hole in the ground.

I believe he is a drug addled moron, not a drunken one.

Pugger
10-03-2016, 08:00 AM
I'll go with the idea that mostly the porous Lions D made our offense look good, although some semblance of intelligent pass-first play calling in the first half also helped a LOT. Reverting to the run-first shit and basically taking the ball out of Rodgers' hands in the second half proved to be stupid even against a sorry defense.

McCarthy better get his shit together play calling-wise, or a much better Giants D and a much better Giants running game on offense are gonna give the Packers major problems.

We'll see how wonderful the Giants' defense is tonight.

pbmax
10-03-2016, 10:22 AM
I remember a bad Bears defense holding this offense down last year so performing against a bad D as expected is part of the healing process.

They also scored 27 against the mid-ranked (15) defense of Jacksonville.

And 14 against the 3rd-ranked D of Minnesota, a defense which is being mulled as Broncos-level.

Seems to me that so far they are what they always have been... a top-10 offense that can score against mediocre-to-bad defenses but struggles against top-10 units.

I can see this. The Vikings game worries me though. Mostly, its my worry that Rodgers has lost the thread about pocket discipline and deep throwing.

The on again off again pass protection has once again screwed up the QB's game.

King Friday
10-03-2016, 06:53 PM
I believe he is a drug addled moron, not a drunken one.

No, he's most certainly a boozer...got a big fine from the league for getting busted while driving drunk. However, I'm sure he's an equal opportunity abuser and probably is a heavy contributor to putting trace amounts of certain drugs on various denominations of American currency.

QBME
10-03-2016, 07:00 PM
No, he's most certainly a boozer...got a big fine from the league for getting busted while driving drunk. However, I'm sure he's an equal opportunity abuser and probably is a heavy contributor to putting trace amounts of certain drugs on various denominations of American currency.

Tight twisted Benjamin.