PDA

View Full Version : How Will D-Rand's Career Play Out?

Anti-Polar Bear
10-09-2016, 02:53 AM
As a shutdown corner in high school who once shut down Darren Charles in a game, I know a shutdown corner when I see one.

D-Rand, through and through, far and wide, up and down, ain't a shutdown corner. Here are a few examples of why Randall ain't a shutdown corner:

Not doing his job and leaving Fitzgerald WIDE OPEN. :x

Getting raped by some former 5th rounder, clad in purple, from who knows where, as if he - D-Rand - was a 20 year old college chick alone in the bathroom of a bar with Big Ben. :x

Megatron is a future HOFmer, so being slaughtered for 200+ yards ain't a shame. Wait a fucking minute. Megatron's retired. Who the fuck slaughtered Randall for 200+yards? Exactly. D-Rand ain't a shutdown corner. :x

Pugger
10-09-2016, 07:07 AM
We all know who you are. Weren't you once banned from this forum along with a few others you've polluted with your nonsense over the years?

Who the hell is Darren Charles? You say you shut him down in high school but you can't even spell his name right. :lol:

If Sherman is as wonderful as you've been saying for years now why in the hell isn't he working in the NFL? He can't even find a collegiate job and now he's coaching some high school team in Massachusetts.

texaspackerbacker
10-09-2016, 07:32 AM
Don't worry, APB. Some of us are old enough to remember Darrin Charles hahahaha.

I have to say, I pretty much agree with your assessment of Damarious Randall. He isn't overly big or fast, and he doesn't seem to have the instincts to compensate for those shortcomings. I have more hope for Quinton Rollins once he gets a little more experience, and I have more hope yet for Ladarius Gunter who does seem to have those instincts. If Randall can play as the second or third Packer Corner, he may settle into a fairly decent career, but I don't think he's ever gonna make a living shutting down even borderline top quality wideouts.

Carolina_Packer
10-09-2016, 08:53 AM
It's often called draft and develop, but in some cases when the Packers have injuries and no veteran depth, it's draft and deliver. DR is 1.25 years into his career and he's already being asked to be a shutdown corner? TT let go of the veterans a couple of years ago (Williams and House), and this past off-season (Hayward) and decided to go young. Shields unfortunately keeps getting concussed. Neither of those things are DR's fault or immediately do anything for his development, except demand that he play. I think expecting him to be a finished product this soon into his career is an unrealistic expectation. You can probably come up with names of defensive backs who were pressed into action right away in their careers, but I bet some of the best ones weren't necessarily the default number 1 corner by virtue of injury and salary cap/player development cycle. Give young players time to develop. If you want to lay blame, put it on TT for not having enough experienced depth, and somewhat chalk it up to Sam Shields' lack of availability.

Tony Oday
10-09-2016, 01:15 PM
As a shutdown corner in high school who once shut down Darren Charles in a game, I know a shutdown corner when I see one.

D-Rand, through and through, far and wide, up and down, ain't a shutdown corner. Here are a few examples of why Randall ain't a shutdown corner:

Not doing his job and leaving Fitzgerald WIDE OPEN. :x

Getting raped by some former 5th rounder, clad in purple, from who knows where, as if he - D-Rand - was a 20 year old college chick alone in the bathroom of a bar with Big Ben. :x

Megatron is a future HOFmer, so being slaughtered for 200+ yards ain't a shame. Wait a fucking minute. Megatron's retired. Who the fuck slaughtered Randall for 200+yards? Exactly. D-Rand ain't a shutdown corner. :x

You are so dumb it must shame your mother. That 5th rounder is turning into one of the best WR in the game. Draft status after your first year is as relevant as your fake football career.

gbgary
10-09-2016, 01:36 PM
hopefully he'll be like tramon williams.

Maxie the Taxi
10-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Damarious Randall will be an All Pro in less than five years. Bank on it.

red
10-09-2016, 01:54 PM
t-buck jr

Patler
10-09-2016, 03:00 PM
t-buck jr

So, 13 years and 50 interceptions?

red
10-09-2016, 03:10 PM
So, 13 years and 50 interceptions?

yup

t-buck looked like he didn't have a clue how to cover anyone, but he did end up with a lot of INTs and huge plays

a very "boom or bust" player

i see that in jr. he makes his big plays, but gives up a lot more

Harlan Huckleby
10-09-2016, 03:36 PM
I believe in buying low and selling high, and today there is no greater bargain than Randall. I voted option 3, sure hall of famer.

I hope "D-rand" doesn't fuck me up the ass like that limb-challenged bust, Lowry. My reputation is in tatters.

RashanGary
10-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Damarious Randall will be an All Pro in less than five years. Bank on it.

He's good. I don't think it's impossible, but probowl is more likely. Not many all pros

esoxx
10-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Ankle biter