PDA

View Full Version : The Official Cowboys Week Mumbo-Jumbo Thread

Anti-Polar Bear
10-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Tex's torn between two lovers, as his two favorite teams will battle for NFC supremacy on Sunday.

(Forget 'bout the Queens. They're pretenders, even at 5-0. No Switch Hitter. Game manager QB. She-male RBs. Shitty WRs. Two white starting safeties.)

Keys to Victory:

The Great Arm of Butte - What the fuck is wrong with Rodgers?...Blaming Yoko doesn't make sense...Lennon's "solo" stuff with Yoko were actually better than his stuff with that insect band...Imagine: greatest song of all time, without a doubt...About time '12' fuckin'Up and Up his game...Yo A-Rod, see a pearl form, a diamond in the rough...See a bird soaring high above the flood...It’s in your blood, it’s in your blood...You're going to get it get it together right now...Going to get it get it together somehow...Going to get it get it together and flower.

Stop the Run - The Cowboys prefer not to expose their rookie QB to the elements too much, so they love feeding the rock to their hotshot rookie tailback...Pack run D has been pretty good, but maybe, just maybe, that goodness is due mainly to teams preferring to throw the rock at the Pack's overrated secondary instead of running all day...This game will tell whether or not the run D is for real; maybe even whether or not Mike Daniels is for real.

Cover - With Shields taking forever to come back from his headache, look for the Cowboys to expose Mr. Hyde in coverage against prima donna Dez Bryant or the Cowboys 6th receiver. Hyde is an abomination...Randall sucks...Hades have mercy on us all if Prescott isn't overthrowing open receivers or 'em receivers ain't dropping the rock.

Packers 45
Cowboys 10

Rodgers throws for 600 yards and 6 TDs...The run D proves it is legit...Prescott overthrows plenty of receivers and throws 4 picks.

hoosier
10-11-2016, 02:59 PM
What the fuck is wrong with Rodgers?...Blaming Yoko doesn't make sense...Lennon's "solo" stuff with Yoko were actually better than his stuff with that insect band...Imagine: greatest song of all time, without a doubt...

His stuff with that insect band covers a pretty wide swath. Revolver and White Album are easily superior to anything he did with Yoko.

Bryant will most likely miss another game with his broken knee, which leaves Elliot and a bunch of no names. Should be similar to Packers-Rams last year, a game GB won 24-10. If the Packers allow Dallas to move the ball consistently, that will be a pretty good sign that they belong in the second tier in the NFC.

gbgary
10-11-2016, 03:56 PM
a huge test for our d as the dallas o is for real. they're actually better without dez and romo. romo is the risk taker and the one-trick-pony dez, is good for the jump ball but that's about it. dak doesn't take risks, throws the high percentage throws that moves the chains and the clock. he's not a runner but will run. if dez doesn't play that leaves the quicker, faster, three other guys and the lumbering whitten who somehow still gets open. unlike min dallas can run the ball. if dallas is successful in eating up the clock and scoring it'll be a long afternoon for us. playing from behind we won't run the ball and Rodgers will be forced to rely on the big play. the big play isn't clicking right now. i'm usually a glass-is-half-full kind of guy but in this case it's a dribble glass and i expect a stain on my shirt.

pbmax
10-11-2016, 04:18 PM
Packers will be able to stop Dallas O. Dak won't be able to take advantage of Packers after the Packers run D puts him in less comfortable spots. Only caveat is him breaking contain and gaining yards himself on the ground.

QBME
10-11-2016, 04:25 PM
Packers will be able to stop Dallas O. Dak won't be able to take advantage of Packers after the Packers run D puts him in less comfortable spots. Only caveat is him breaking contain and gaining yards himself on the ground.

Ezekiel Elliot is the real deal. The guy is scary good. I hope the run D stays stout.

King Friday
10-11-2016, 04:33 PM
Dallas doesn't have the kind of offense that is a major threat to GB. The biggest threat to GB is Rodgers continuing to look like Anthony Dilweg.

Maxie the Taxi
10-11-2016, 06:23 PM
Down here at Mississippi State the question fans asked every Saturday was: Which Dak will show up?

So far, so good. But Dak can look terrible under pressure. The Redskins sacked him four times and kept it close. Nobody else managed to get to him.

So once again the GB pass rush will be key, against one of the best Offensive Lines in football. Dom's going to have to come up with something special. No way we put pressure on Dak rushing just four AND we've got to contain Elliott at the same time. The Giants' OL was leaky and they had injuries at RB. Not the case with Dallas. Spic and Span or whatever we're calling them are gonna be tested like never before.

On offense we've got to solve what ails us in the passing game to keep up, cause if Eddie is not 100% our running game will be Starks and ?

From what I've seen Dallas DB's play close and grabby, so Cobb and Nelson need to show up big. And Davis needs enough reps to threaten them over the top. This is one game we could use a TE like Cook.

I think it's going to be a close, high scoring affair, probably another nail biter at the end. UNLESS Dom can get to Prescott. Then we might see a couple picks.

texaspackerbacker
10-12-2016, 05:58 AM
Tex's torn between two lovers, as his two favorite teams will battle for NFC supremacy on Sunday.

(Forget 'bout the Queens. They're pretenders, even at 5-0. No Switch Hitter. Game manager QB. She-male RBs. Shitty WRs. Two white starting safeties.)

Keys to Victory:

The Great Arm of Butte - What the fuck is wrong with Rodgers?...Blaming Yoko doesn't make sense...Lennon's "solo" stuff with Yoko were actually better than his stuff with that insect band...Imagine: greatest song of all time, without a doubt...About time '12' fuckin'Up and Up his game...Yo A-Rod, see a pearl form, a diamond in the rough...See a bird soaring high above the flood...It’s in your blood, it’s in your blood...You're going to get it get it together right now...Going to get it get it together somehow...Going to get it get it together and flower.

Stop the Run - The Cowboys prefer not to expose their rookie QB to the elements too much, so they love feeding the rock to their hotshot rookie tailback...Pack run D has been pretty good, but maybe, just maybe, that goodness is due mainly to teams preferring to throw the rock at the Pack's overrated secondary instead of running all day...This game will tell whether or not the run D is for real; maybe even whether or not Mike Daniels is for real.

Cover - With Shields taking forever to come back from his headache, look for the Cowboys to expose Mr. Hyde in coverage against prima donna Dez Bryant or the Cowboys 6th receiver. Hyde is an abomination...Randall sucks...Hades have mercy on us all if Prescott isn't overthrowing open receivers or 'em receivers ain't dropping the rock.

Packers 45
Cowboys 10

Rodgers throws for 600 yards and 6 TDs...The run D proves it is legit...Prescott overthrows plenty of receivers and throws 4 picks.

You're sorta right, but not really. I'm a Packer fan 100%. I do get a little bit conflicted, though, when they play my clear second favorite team. This week, though, the feeling is heightened by the fact that I WILL ACTUALLY be there - my first time at Lambeau in decades - watching with my grandson (and yes, he's Packers 1st Cowboys 2nd also). It would not have been my choice of game to see, but it was his choice, as he's paying. Also, it was pretty tough to find a weekend when both the Packers and the Badgers play at home.

I disagree with most of APB's description of the Cowboys. I said in the preseason that this would be one of if not the toughest Packer game. I'd take the Cowboys over just about anybody. Prescott reminds me of Aaron Rodgers in his escapability and more so in his tendency to not throw interceptions; Elliot, mark my words, is gonna be a hall of famer if he stays healthy; Their wideouts are damn good, and their O Line probably is the best in the NFL. Their weakness, though, is D. I don't expect to see a week like last week where our receivers can't get open, and our O Line, which defeated a better pass rush group last week, should be able to handle the Cowboys - whose pass rush is not nearly as good (or at least not nearly as high paid) as the Giants.

I think the Packers stop Elliot's streak of 100 yard games, but not by much. We ought to be able to stop their wideouts. What worries me most, though, is Witten and their other TEs against our ILBs.

APB, where do you get off saying Micah Hyde s "an abomination"? I expect him to be damn good as a slot Corner. He did a lot better there than he did at Safety.

The bottom line is Aaron Rodgers should light up the Cowboys' secondary.

I'd say 34-24 Packers - Rodgers and Prescott each throwing for 3 TDs and having no interceptions.

Fritz
10-12-2016, 05:58 AM
Down here at Mississippi State the question fans asked every Saturday was: Which Dak will show up?

So far, so good. But Dak can look terrible under pressure. The Redskins sacked him four times and kept it close. Nobody else managed to get to him.

So once again the GB pass rush will be key, against one of the best Offensive Lines in football. Dom's going to have to come up with something special. No way we put pressure on Dak rushing just four AND we've got to contain Elliott at the same time. The Giants' OL was leaky and they had injuries at RB. Not the case with Dallas. Spic and Mick or whatever we're calling them are gonna be tested like never before.

On offense we've got to solve what ails us in the passing game to keep up, cause if Eddie is not 100% our running game will be Starks and ?

From what I've seen Dallas DB's play close and grabby, so Cobb and Nelson need to show up big. And Davis needs enough reps to threaten them over the top. This is one game we could use a TE like Cook.

I think it's going to be a close, high scoring affair, probably another nail biter at the end. UNLESS Dom can get to Prescott. Then we might see a couple picks.

Fixed the ILB nicknames for ya.

I just read that Matthews, Clay, played only 12 snaps in the second half. Are we back in lingering-hammyland again?

I'm liking the depth at OLB and am hoping they all will play disciplined football and get some pass rush. I do wish this weren't Pennel's first game back. Could use that big body up front.

Patler
10-12-2016, 09:57 AM
I do wish this weren't Pennel's first game back. Could use that big body up front.

Pennel and Goodson got kind of screwed by the schedule, too. They had to miss 5 weeks just to get the 4 games in.

gbgary
10-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Dallas doesn't have the kind of offense that is a major threat to GB. The biggest threat to GB is Rodgers continuing to look like Anthony Dilweg.

yeah...they kinda do. can't sell out on the run because dak will joe montana you to death, and you can't sit back and play pass (like we did last week) because elliot will gash us. their 3rd down conversion rate is very high. their game is moving the chains and eating the clock. our d will be on the field all day of our o can't do the same.
our o has to be able to keep dal's o off the field. our o hasn't shown any ability to consistently do this...their's has.
maybe this will be the break out week for the Pack...maybe not.

Carolina_Packer
10-12-2016, 11:09 AM
yeah...they kinda do. can't sell out on the run because dak will joe montana you to death, and you can't sit back and play pass (like we did last week) because elliot will gash us. their 3rd down conversion rate is very high. their game is moving the chains and eating the clock. our d will be on the field all day of our o can't do the same.
our o has to be able to keep dal's o off the field. our o hasn't shown any ability to consistently do this...their's has.

The Packers offense must not stagnate, otherwise you're going to give the ball back to a ball control offense. So, if you're MM, do you run the risk of going up-tempo and possibly going three and out too often?

pbmax
10-12-2016, 12:25 PM
They are going to play a good amount of base D. Pennel might get the call, as a backup, if nothing else.

Everyone knows that the Packers are favored in this game, right? (-4)

pbmax
10-12-2016, 12:59 PM
M3 PC

Aaron Nagler ‏@AaronNagler 42m42 minutes ago
Whoa. McCarthy "I don't know why the hell I have to come in here and answer questions about what you think went wrong on offense."

WE ARE ON TRACK FOR WEEK 8 OFFENSIVE SWITCH. I DID NOT SEE ANY OF THE OTHER REPORTERS TWEET THIS IF IT WAS TODAYs PC

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h1 hour ago
Mike McCarthy on Lacy: He'll be in the rehab program today #Packers

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
McCarthy on Lacy: He’ll be in the rehab program. We’re still evaluating things. We’ll see how he does in rehab today.

McCarthy on Lacy presence: When he’s playing a high level, it’s not only productive but attitude and finish that are important.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
GB run D vs. DAl run O: "Going to be a big challenge this week ... stating the obvious." MM notes number of attempts for Dallas.

McCarthy on rookie QBs: Credit to QB’s doing. Playing one is a challenge. Can team handle the rookie QB? That’s personal experience.

McCarthy on Prescott: Poised. Not a lot of chances. Relates to his decision making. Seems very comfortable.

MM on Rodgers' completion percentage: Need to spend more time on the passing game, especially in meetings.

McCarthy on comp pct: Reflection of entire pass game. We’re trying to play more players in perimeter group. Need to spend time on pass game.

McCarthy on Perry: Nick has always been a force when given opportunities. He’s primary player on front. He understands his position.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h1 hour ago
McCarthy on Pennel/Goodson availability: That's one of the things we need to accomplish today. We need to see where those two guys are at.

McCarthy on Shields: He’s making in progress. He’s in meetings today. (He hadn’t been in meetings prior to this week)

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1h1 hour ago
McCarthy on Gunter: He's made the jump. Hard worker. He does an excellent job taking the game plan on the practice field over to Sundays.

McCarthy on pass game: Make sure we’re talking through things. Try to make sure we’re cleaning up things.

Elliott gets better with attempts "and that's what the good ones do," McCarthy says.

JAYRONE OR EZEKIEL?

pbmax
10-12-2016, 01:08 PM
Bach's pass pro versus Giants gets high praise with clips.

https://twitter.com/BigDuke50/status/786212664980627460

pbmax
10-12-2016, 01:11 PM
Evidence that Janis doesn't understand route concepts.

https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/786266440596918272

pbmax
10-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Xs and Os on that Janis route. I do't agree with LeRoy (but what do I know) that Janis should immediately head outside, Janis is there to prevent the deep safety from watching only Nelson.

But I agree with Nagler above that Janis is supposed to bend that route eventually away form the middle of the field. Either corner or deep out route to keep a safety occupied.

http://www.packersnews.com/videos/sports/nfl/packers/2016/10/11/5-questions-and-xs-and-os-with-leroy-butler/90326198/

ThunderDan
10-12-2016, 01:31 PM
I am not sure why everyone is so down on the Packers right now. The O has been coming into form the last two weeks. Get rid of the turnovers and we blow the Giants out.

I just reviewed Dallas schedule so far:
Giants L 20-19
@Wash W 27-23
CHI W 31-17
@SF W 24-17
CIN W 28-14

No great victories or teams on that schedule to be giving Dallas as much early praise as they are receiving in my opinion. You can also say the same for the Pack. But at least out L was at MINN on opening night at their new stadium and we had a chance.

pbmax
10-12-2016, 01:35 PM
Aaron Nagler ‏@AaronNagler 2h2 hours ago
McCarthy just said about 1,000 words answering @RobDemovsky's question about getting Rodgers' completion % up, and didn't say a word.

Zach Kruse ‏@zachkruse2 21h21 hours ago
BREAKING: Video proof the Packers are capable of running something other than iso routes

https://vimeo.com/187060473

pbmax
10-12-2016, 01:43 PM
The main concern I have about this week is Lacy and Starks. And not Starks being done.

McCarthy ran his newish offense when Lacy was out there. Under center, multiple personnel groups with even Janis appearing.

When Lacy got hurt, that offense disappeared. With Lacy not practicing, Starks should get first team reps for whatever M3 puts in the gameplan.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-12-2016, 01:51 PM
His stuff with that insect band covers a pretty wide swath. Revolver and White Album are easily superior to anything he did with Yoko.

Bryant will most likely miss another game with his broken knee, which leaves Elliot and a bunch of no names. Should be similar to Packers-Rams last year, a game GB won 24-10. If the Packers allow Dallas to move the ball consistently, that will be a pretty good sign that they belong in the second tier in the NFC.

Browsing through the twitter feed pb provided, it appears Bryant was full go today. Hopefully, Shields gets his head straight by 3:25 Sunday.

The only Beatles song I really like is "Across the Universe", a Lennon-inspired song. Lennon's solo stuff are very lefty, and Lenin woulda been proud. Awesome, but maybe it's just me cos I am an extreme...(fill in the blank, but take it to fyi).

Anti-Polar Bear
10-12-2016, 02:02 PM
You're sorta right, but not really. I'm a Packer fan 100%. I do get a little bit conflicted, though, when they play my clear second favorite team. This week, though, the feeling is heightened by the fact that I WILL ACTUALLY be there - my first time at Lambeau in decades - watching with my grandson (and yes, he's Packers 1st Cowboys 2nd also). It would not have been my choice of game to see, but it was his choice, as he's paying. Also, it was pretty tough to find a weekend when both the Packers and the Badgers play at home.

I disagree with most of APB's description of the Cowboys. I said in the preseason that this would be one of if not the toughest Packer game. I'd take the Cowboys over just about anybody. Prescott reminds me of Aaron Rodgers in his escapability and more so in his tendency to not throw interceptions; Elliot, mark my words, is gonna be a hall of famer if he stays healthy; Their wideouts are damn good, and their O Line probably is the best in the NFL. Their weakness, though, is D. I don't expect to see a week like last week where our receivers can't get open, and our O Line, which defeated a better pass rush group last week, should be able to handle the Cowboys - whose pass rush is not nearly as good (or at least not nearly as high paid) as the Giants.

I think the Packers stop Elliot's streak of 100 yard games, but not by much. We ought to be able to stop their wideouts. What worries me most, though, is Witten and their other TEs against our ILBs.

APB, where do you get off saying Micah Hyde s "an abomination"? I expect him to be damn good as a slot Corner. He did a lot better there than he did at Safety.

The bottom line is Aaron Rodgers should light up the Cowboys' secondary.

I'd say 34-24 Packers - Rodgers and Prescott each throwing for 3 TDs and having no interceptions.

Welcome back to humble Wisconsin, Tex. I bet the last time you were in the state, McCarthy was a US senator. :)

Hyde can't cover. He's slower than a sloth. If you get Patler to do the research, he'll uncover the truth about Hyde leading the DBs in TDs allowed since 2013. Need a 1st down? Just throw the fuckin' rock at whomever Hyde's covering. Also an awful tackler. Drops gimme picks in the clutch. An abomination, indeed.

I hope Ted lets Mr. Hyde walk after this season.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-12-2016, 02:12 PM
Evidence that Janis doesn't understand route concepts.

https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/786266440596918272

Randy Moss never did, either.

Not sayin' J-Jan is the second coming of Moss, but just let J-Jan fly and bombs away! Simple as that.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-12-2016, 02:21 PM

Agree. Packer D has got to get off the fuckin' field.

Minnesota and Detriot (2nd half) were able to milk the clock dry somewhat. It sucks when opponents are milking the clock on the Pack.

Carolina_Packer
10-12-2016, 02:50 PM
The main concern I have about this week is Lacy and Starks. And not Starks being done.

McCarthy ran his newish offense when Lacy was out there. Under center, multiple personnel groups with even Janis appearing.

When Lacy got hurt, that offense disappeared. With Lacy not practicing, Starks should get first team reps for whatever M3 puts in the gameplan.

Do you think they will add depth via a roster move (Don Jackson or re-sign Pressley) or keep using Cobb and/or Monty out of the backfield? If the former, they would need to have an available roster spot.

Do they have two available roster spots for Pennell and Goodson, or will any players need to be released?

pbmax
10-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Do you think they will add depth via a roster move (Don Jackson or re-sign Pressley) or keep using Cobb and/or Monty out of the backfield? If the former, they would need to have an available roster spot.

Do they have two available roster spots for Pennell and Goodson, or will any players need to be released?

They might have to do something:

What's more problematic than Lacy watching practice? Starks not here at all. Entire RB depth chart. Cobb ran. Randall watched. No Shields.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 1h1 hour ago
With such thin numbers at running back, practice squad tailback Don Jackson took reps at practice. #Packers

pbmax
10-12-2016, 05:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CumdFsOXgAAAJjv.jpg:large

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2016, 05:37 PM
What's more problematic than Lacy watching practice? Starks not here at all.

hmmm

Never mind. I see he has a bad knee. I just thought, well, never mind.

gbgary
10-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Xs and Os on that Janis route. I do't agree with LeRoy (but what do I know) that Janis should immediately head outside, Janis is there to prevent the deep safety from watching only Nelson.

But I agree with Nagler above that Janis is supposed to bend that route eventually away form the middle of the field. Either corner or deep out route to keep a safety occupied.

http://www.packersnews.com/videos/sports/nfl/packers/2016/10/11/5-questions-and-xs-and-os-with-leroy-butler/90326198/

nelson vs a safety is what they want. janis brought his man into the catching zone which is stupid.

pbmax
10-12-2016, 06:05 PM
nelson vs a safety is what they want. janis brought his man into the catching zone which is stupid.

Yes, but the later that safety latches onto Nelson, the better.

I could be wrong, Janis could have blown the release too.

pbmax
10-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Unconfirmed report from local radio via Twitter that Abbredaris has been released. No nameplate over his locker.

UPDATED!

Jason Wahlers @JTWahlers
To those concerned, Abbrederis was not released. Merely an issue with his nameplate. Equipment staff is working diligently to resolve

pbmax
10-12-2016, 06:25 PM
Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 1m1 minute ago
To build off what @FO_VVerhei said, the Packers have the best run defense since the 1970 merger through four games http://pfref.com/tiny/hjyqq

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CumqImrW8AA0eNG.jpg:large

Patler
10-12-2016, 06:43 PM
Unconfirmed report from local radio via Twitter that Abbredaris has been released. No nameplate over his locker.

UPDATED!

Jason Wahlers @JTWahlers
To those concerned, Abbrederis was not released. Merely an issue with his nameplate. Equipment staff is working diligently to resolve

It was misspelled. They are changing it to the correct spelling: G-O-O-D-S-O-N.

pbmax
10-12-2016, 06:59 PM
NFL Research ‏@NFLResearch 15m15 minutes ago
Ezekiel Elliott has the 4th-most scrimmage yds by a rookie thru their 1st 5 games in the last 35 seasons. 3 of Top 5 are in Hall of Fame.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CumuoviUEAANR_h.jpg:large

hoosier
10-12-2016, 07:02 PM

UPDATED!

Jason Wahlers @JTWahlers

But they had to get rid of somebody (somebodies?) today in order to activate Pennel and Goodson, no? I figured they would cut Price for Pennel and re-sign to Price to PS. Goodson, on the other hand, could himself be the cut they need to make.

King Friday
10-12-2016, 08:19 PM
M3 PC

Aaron Nagler ‏@AaronNagler 42m42 minutes ago
Whoa. McCarthy "I don't know why the hell I have to come in here and answer questions about what you think went wrong on offense."

So did McCarthy not see Rodgers getting 4-5 seconds of time to throw nearly every dropback...but only complete 50% of his passes? Someone in the presser should've corrected the coach and explained why he has some questions to answer.

Carolina_Packer
10-13-2016, 06:43 AM
I missed it, what did the reporter ask that caused McCarthy to say "I don't know why the hell I have to come in here and answer questions about what you think went wrong on offense."?

Obviously touched a nerve.

gbgary
10-13-2016, 07:22 AM
mm's starting to crack. it's almost been a full year of substandard offensive football.

wist43
10-13-2016, 07:23 AM
The Packers offense must not stagnate, otherwise you're going to give the ball back to a ball control offense. So, if you're MM, do you run the risk of going up-tempo and possibly going three and out too often?

Up tempo or not - the problem is that the offense IS stagnate.

Like Sitton said last year - everyone knows what's coming. There isn't much motion; no real RB receiving game; the TE's aren't viable threats; and the WR's aren't world beaters. Add it up and you have a predictable, 'stagnate' offense.

We're not going anywhere again this year. My fear is that this condition will languish on year after year until after Rodgers retires, i.e. no more SB's.

pbmax
10-13-2016, 10:21 AM
I think it was Demovsky asking about Rodgers pass completion percentage and how they could get it to rise. Someone made mention of the same reporter asking a similar question earlier this year.

But I haven't replayed the video at the Packers site. Almost none of the reporters Tweeted it that I saw. Haven't checked the written accounts.

Harlan Huckleby
10-13-2016, 10:37 AM
No nameplate over his locker.
UPDATED!

Jason Wahlers @JTWahlers
To those concerned, Abbrederis was not released. Merely an issue with his nameplate.

It's signals, Abby, signals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXvuWfLF06A

George Cumby
10-13-2016, 10:40 AM
mm's starting to crack. it's almost been a full year of substandard offensive football.

And it's a press conference. Where the press ask you questions. You know, about why your offense isn't performing well after humming for close to a decade. Does he think he's above getting questioned? If so, he may have jumped the shark.

I am getting weary of both M3 and John Lennon.....

Fritz
10-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Mikey-Mike sounds like he got a bit touchy on that one. On the one hand, I think the questions about the offense are legitimate. On the other hand, I do see MM's point - the NFL is a tough place to win - they ain't giving out awards for second place - and so it might piss me off, too, if my team just won a game and dominated in yards gained and time of possession yet was getting treated like the offense never moved the ball or scored at all. I can see both sides here.

pbmax
10-13-2016, 10:58 AM
It was written/recorded for posterity at JSO. He did his mini-erupt at back to back questions about his offenses need to improve.

The article isn't bad and give a good summary with comments from M3 about the change from no-huddle which I hope continues.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2016/10/12/packers-not-fretting-over-offense/91948824/

pbmax
10-13-2016, 10:58 AM
And it's a press conference. Where the press ask you questions. You know, about why your offense isn't performing well after humming for close to a decade. Does he think he's above getting questioned? If so, he may have jumped the shark.

I am getting weary of both M3 and John Lennon.....

You are crazy. Fonzie jumped that shark.

gbgary
10-13-2016, 11:41 AM
I think it was Demovsky asking about Rodgers pass completion percentage and how they could get it to rise. Someone made mention of the same reporter asking a similar question earlier this year.

But I haven't replayed the video at the Packers site. Almost none of the reporters Tweeted it that I saw. Haven't checked the written accounts.

they showed the clip on pft this morning. next question should have been "so what we're seeing in the second half of games is what you want? why is that?"

Carolina_Packer
10-13-2016, 12:28 PM
It was written/recorded for posterity at JSO. He did his mini-erupt at back to back questions about his offenses need to improve.

The article isn't bad and give a good summary with comments from M3 about the change from no-huddle which I hope continues.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2016/10/12/packers-not-fretting-over-offense/91948824/

I saw that linked from the PFT article. I don't know if it was just my headphones, but I had the volume cranked and still couldn't hear their audio very well.

I think MM is trying to take pressure off of this players. I'm sure he feels like there enough pressure just to play the games without fielding questions about how the offense looks inconsistent, which they do. He may be taking it personally since he is the guru. It's the execution first and foremost, but they also need to continue to emphasize the run game, when they are able to do so, to create the balance they need, and they do need to bring more guys into the WR rotation and keep innovating on offense instead of just doing mostly iso routes and hoping for opponents to slip on a banana peel.

Maxie the Taxi
10-13-2016, 12:55 PM
I keep checking Packers.com "Transactions", waiting for some news on who is going to be the Packers' RB on Sunday. So far zip. So our backfield going into Sundays game consists of two crippled RB's, a blocking FB and two WR pretend RB's?

Anti-Polar Bear
10-13-2016, 01:06 PM
I keep checking Packers.com "Transactions", waiting for some news on who is going to be the Packers' RB on Sunday. So far zip. So our backfield going into Sundays game consists of two crippled RB's, a blocking FB and two WR pretend RB's?

Wish Pressely's still on the team.

It's late in the week, so don't expect the Polar Bear to do anything extraordinary, like sign a diamond in the rough tailback from a another universe - say, DuJuan Harris. If Starks can't go, the no-name guy on the PS likely will be called up for combat.

I agree with Harlan. Starks' star has faded.

Rutnstrut
10-13-2016, 02:00 PM

This reminds me of the QB situation a few years ago when TT was convinced that the likes of Vince Young were adequate back ups.

pbmax
10-13-2016, 04:29 PM
This reminds me of the QB situation a few years ago when TT was convinced that the likes of Vince Young were adequate back ups.

Well, the starter did practice today and Starks was excused for personal reasons. So it might not be dire.

Yet.

pbmax
10-13-2016, 04:29 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 58s59 seconds ago
Packers waive rookie QB Callahan

PFT: https://t.co/2k5tKDlO7L

Maxie the Taxi
10-13-2016, 06:37 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 58s59 seconds ago
Packers waive rookie QB Callahan

PFT: https://t.co/2k5tKDlO7L10 to 1 they promote Don Jackson from the PS.

gbgary
10-13-2016, 07:52 PM
or to make room pennel or goodson.

hoosier
10-13-2016, 07:54 PM
They can leave Goodson in limbo this week, don't need him. If they activate Pennel they will cut Price to make room. Callahan's place will be taken by a RB.

pbmax
10-14-2016, 11:08 AM
10 to 1 they promote Don Jackson from the PS.

You mean Action Jackson?

Smells like a fuckdoggle.

Patler
10-14-2016, 12:57 PM
They can leave Goodson in limbo this week, don't need him. If they activate Pennel they will cut Price to make room. Callahan's place will be taken by a RB.

I'm not sure, but I think they have to do something with Pennel and Goodson by Saturday, or they become FAs. I think their roster exemptions were for 5 days after reinstatement on Monday.

RashanGary
10-14-2016, 01:50 PM
What's the latest on shields? Might not much matter with the rookie qb and no dez, but would be nice to get him some work against the bears so he's on point for atlanta.

Maxie the Taxi
10-14-2016, 02:41 PM
I'm not sure, but I think they have to do something with Pennel and Goodson by Saturday, or they become FAs. I think their roster exemptions were for 5 days after reinstatement on Monday.According to Demovsky they have until Monday:

At this point, the Packers don't have another halfback on the roster. They could promote Don Jackson from the practice squad, and after releasing No. 3 quarterback Joe Callahan on Thursday, they have a roster spot open. However, they also might need room on the roster for defensive end Mike Pennel and cornerback Demetri Goodson. Both are eligible to be activated after serving four-game suspensions to start the season, but the Packers have until Monday to do so.

hoosier
10-14-2016, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure, but I think they have to do something with Pennel and Goodson by Saturday, or they become FAs. I think their roster exemptions were for 5 days after reinstatement on Monday.

According to Demovsky they were granted a one week exemption. Exemption = post-suspension limbo. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0577267229503002935-4

hoosier
10-14-2016, 02:59 PM
According to Demovsky they have until Monday:

Damn you, stop repeating my lines.

gbgary
10-14-2016, 03:31 PM
What's the latest on shields? Might not much matter with the rookie qb and no dez, but would be nice to get him some work against the bears so he's on point for atlanta.

shields has been ruled out.
don't downplay dak's abilities...and dez was pretty much a full participant in practice yesterday. haven't heard about today yet.

Maxie the Taxi
10-14-2016, 04:14 PM
Damn you, stop repeating my lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsrtCIC4EWM

pbmax
10-14-2016, 05:42 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3h3 hours ago
Eddie Lacy, James Starks and Damarious Randall are questionable for Sunday. Shields, Banjo and Cook are out #Packers

And thanks Maxie, just lost a half hour watching Young Frankenstein outtakes!

pbmax
10-14-2016, 08:45 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 21m21 minutes ago
Super Bowl XXXI champs Earl Dotson & Bruce Wilkerson are this week's featured alumni!

See them tomorrow at Lambeau: http://pckrs.com/klgl

hoosier
10-14-2016, 08:48 PM
So they must be waiting to assess status of EL and JS before deciding whether to activate Pennel or promote the PS RB.

RashanGary
10-14-2016, 09:49 PM
I would think against Dallas, it's a no brainer to activate pennel.

gbgary
10-15-2016, 09:02 AM
So they must be waiting to assess status of EL and JS before deciding whether to activate Pennel or promote the PS RB.

Lacy said he's good to go. haven't heard ANYTHING about starks.

gbgary
10-15-2016, 09:04 AM

i wonder if Pennel and Goodson were able to work out with the team while suspended or was it the brady type (no contact at all) suspension?

pbmax
10-15-2016, 09:31 AM
Lacy said he's good to go. haven't heard ANYTHING about starks.

He was on personal leave through today. Never heard a suggestion about what was going on.

Pugger
10-15-2016, 09:36 AM
He was on personal leave through today. Never heard a suggestion about what was going on.

I heard Starks had a death in his family and this was why he was absent.

Harlan Huckleby
10-15-2016, 11:07 AM

He also has a leg injury that will be evaluated today, says Silverstein on thr radio.

gbgary
10-15-2016, 11:58 AM

yeah. when i said i hadn't heard anything i was referring to his physical condition.

pittstang5
10-15-2016, 12:41 PM
I don't like going into tomorrow with one or two hurt RBs. You know Lacy is gonna re-injure the ankle. Starks even without injury, isn't playing like he should.

AND I hate seeing Cobb and Monty in the backfield - those plays just aren't working right now.

pbmax
10-15-2016, 01:56 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m8 minutes ago
#Packers have downgraded RB James Starks (knee) to out; CB Quinten Rollins (groin) added as questionable.

gbgary
10-15-2016, 02:40 PM
mistake not signing spiller when he was in.

red
10-15-2016, 03:10 PM

we don't even know if spiller has anything left in the tank, but he's got to be better then the nothing at RB we might have tomorrow

Rutnstrut
10-15-2016, 04:29 PM

What for sure is a mistake is not having at LEAST one other active RB on the roster. TT and stubby devalue the position though, so it doesn't matter. Well at least until it comes back to bite them in the ass tomorrow and beyond.

Pugger
10-15-2016, 06:08 PM

With no Shields or Banjo it is a good thing we activated Goodson too.

pbmax
10-15-2016, 09:05 PM
With no Shields or Banjo it is a good thing we activated Goodson too.

Also probably why no Jackson.

hoosier
10-15-2016, 09:06 PM
He also has a leg injury that will be evaluated today, says Silverstein on thr radio.

Let's put two and two together: his leg died.

gbgary
10-16-2016, 07:30 PM

told ya.

Maxie the Taxi
10-16-2016, 07:39 PM
told ya.You were right on. With our defensive backfield full of subs, not much the defense could do. Myself, I would have rushed five or six guys every down and took my chances that we could put some pressure on Dak and rattle him into mistakes. Make Elliot beat you.

As it was we got to Prescott twice and hurried him once. No good. That kind of pressure would turn any QB into a world beater.

pittstang5
10-16-2016, 08:03 PM
Damn it, I can't let this one go. I think the reason for my being really pissed of at this loss is the fact that the Pack was poised to make a run at the SB and today proved they're not even close. It's one thing to lose a close one, but the Pack was never in it today. To be a contender, you have to at least be competitive. The Dallas D is ok, but the Packer Offense of old would have lit that secondary up. Rogers had all day to throw and several times, he just missed. What's even more frustrating, is it's not one thing - Rogers is off, WRs are dropping easy catches, everyone is fumbling and the Defense can't hold when we need them to. This, my fellow Packer Rats, is not a good team.