PDA

View Full Version : Vikings lose Andre Smith to IR, sign Jake Long

Patler
10-12-2016, 06:59 PM
Andre Smith out, Jake Long in at tackle for the Vikings:

http://www.startribune.com/short-on-offensive-linemen-vikings-sign-former-no-1-pick-jake-long-to-do-whatever-they-want/396742771/

RashanGary
10-12-2016, 07:24 PM
Vikings are good. Hopefully our youth and depth help us over the course of the year.

Fritz
10-13-2016, 10:37 AM
Andre Smith out, Jake Long in at tackle for the Vikings:

http://www.startribune.com/short-on-offensive-linemen-vikings-sign-former-no-1-pick-jake-long-to-do-whatever-they-want/396742771/

What will Long's position be?

“That’s up to the coaches,” Long said. “I’m going to do whatever they want.”

Wow. What if they ask him to get down on his knees?

All kidding aside, he'll probably come in and play better than Smith. That's been the Vikings' MO this year. Talk about a fuckdoggle team. Maybe this will be their year?

Rastak
10-13-2016, 07:04 PM
What will Long's position be?

“That’s up to the coaches,” Long said. “I’m going to do whatever they want.”

Wow. What if they ask him to get down on his knees?

All kidding aside, he'll probably come in and play better than Smith. That's been the Vikings' MO this year. Talk about a fuckdoggle team. Maybe this will be their year?

He might take over at left tackle.

run pMc
10-13-2016, 08:15 PM
Does Long have anything left in the tank? He's got a long injury history.

I agree with Rastak -- I'm thinking he's going to play LT.

Bradford's play has really been a pleasant surprise for the Vikes, and Peterson's injury actually makes them less predictable and allows Norv to dig into the playbook more. They are a dangerous team, but I have this feeling the injuries and expectations will catch up with them.

Rastak
10-13-2016, 08:18 PM
Does Long have anything left in the tank? He's got a long injury history.

I agree with Rastak -- I'm thinking he's going to play LT.

Bradford's play has really been a pleasant surprise for the Vikes, and Peterson's injury actually makes them less predictable and allows Norv to dig into the playbook more. They are a dangerous team, but I have this feeling the injuries and expectations will catch up with them.

Even if he does have anything left in the tank, can he stay healthy?

Harlan Huckleby
10-13-2016, 08:28 PM
Long is not a fat guy. Maybe he is decent shape and can be passable based on long experience, even if his feet now move a bit like Fred Sanford's.