PDA

View Full Version : Saints claim Callahan off waivers. DAMN!!

RashanGary
10-14-2016, 05:23 PM
I really liked Callahan. Brees is coming to an end so this guy might get a shot. We might regret that move some day.

Tony Oday
10-15-2016, 09:17 AM
We will get him back eventually.

Pugger
10-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Is Joe better than Josh McCown? I don't blame Callahan for going to NO. This way he can earn an active roster salary instead of what he would get had he signed onto our PS. Keeping 3 QBs is a luxury we really couldn't afford with our injuries to our RBs and 2 guys coming off suspensions.

Have we made any moves to fill Callahan's vacancy yet?

Harlan Huckleby
10-15-2016, 11:03 AM
We will get him back eventually.

No, Little Joe is gone, gone forever.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-15-2016, 11:26 AM
Is Joe better than Josh McCown? I don't blame Callahan for going to NO. This way he can earn an active roster salary instead of what he would get had he signed onto our PS. Keeping 3 QBs is a luxury we really couldn't afford with our injuries to our RBs and 2 guys coming off suspensions.

Have we made any moves to fill Callahan's vacancy yet?

Ted was willing to pay "Bo" the "active roster salary" for his service on the elite practice squad.

Unfortunately, at least for some, Bo ain't got enough experience to forgo the dreaded waiver wire.

Not a big loss. Put me in with those who "don't give a fuck Ted cut Bo."

gbgary
10-15-2016, 11:35 AM
sad to see him go. thought he was a keeper. he played pretty well.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-15-2016, 11:48 AM
No, Little Joe is gone, gone forever.

Seriously, take the time to listen to this song. Cool, sad song. (This oughta be the Vikings' theme song should the win the Super Bowl this season.)

Oh they say people come
They say people go
This particular diamond was extra special
And though you might be gone
And the world may not know
Still I see you celestial

Like a lion you ran
A goddess you rolled
Like an eagle you circled
In perfect purple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8jOQUsTU9o

Guiness
10-15-2016, 11:50 AM
I think the Ted did what he could to hold onto him - put him on the 53 for a few weeks, meaning if a team wanted to claim him they'd have to cut someone - but the Saints decided to do it anyways.