PDA

View Full Version : Refill my Kool-Aid

Tony Oday
09-05-2006, 10:51 AM
WTF TT all you are signing is high school kids with no experience and expecting them to be good as backups WTF! We had a chance to add some nice veteran depth to help our talented rookies along and fill in when needed. INSTEAD we have a team when a guy goes down the next guy in line still cant buy beer!

We need to sign SOME vets TT thats what good teams do they stockpile depth and talent in the form of rookies and ADD VETS to help them in the NFL!

Someone make me feel better about this! Tell me we are looking at something damn near anything that isnt like Taco Wallace!

Scott Campbell
09-05-2006, 10:53 AM
WTF TT all you are signing is high school kids with no experience and expecting them to be good as backups WTF! We had a chance to add some nice veteran depth to help our talented rookies along and fill in when needed. INSTEAD we have a team when a guy goes down the next guy in line still cant buy beer!

We need to sign SOME vets TT thats what good teams do they stockpile depth and talent in the form of rookies and ADD VETS to help them in the NFL!

Someone make me feel better about this! Tell me we are looking at something damn near anything that isnt like Taco Wallace!

I think the only thing that will make any of us feel better is a W this weekend.

the_idle_threat
09-05-2006, 11:10 AM
How about this: Taco Wallace was not a rookie, last season ... he was a vet---drafted by Seattle in 2003 in the 7th round. Specifically, he was the kind of vet that is available as a free agent during the season (i.e. right now). So TT is actually doing the team a favor by NOT signing a bunch of Taco Wallaces---veterans who have been cut by other teams because they have been given up on. Instead, he's signing rookies who other teams are trying to sneak onto the practice squad---guys who are not maxed-out and who may have enough upside that they can actually contribute if called upon.

Willard
09-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Idle, you're good! Have you ever considered working for a suicide hotline? :wink:

ahaha
09-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Reasons for optimism.

-Mark Roman no longer plays for the us.
-Ferguson isn't our #2 receiver
-Jennings has looked sensational, considering he's a rookie receiver
-Bubba Franks is healthy
-Ahman Green is healthy, which he wasn't at any time last year
-Whitticker doesn't play for us anymore
-We drafted A.J. Hawk
-We signed Charles Woodson, Ryan Pickett, and Marquand Manuel
-Al Harris, KGB, Aaron Kampman, Nick Barnett, Mark Tausher, and Chad Clifton are all quality NFL veterens in or around their prime.
-#1, we still have Brett Favre

This is the NFL, and parity reigns. All we need is a spark. Jennnings maybe? Hawk maybe? Woodson, Green, Pickett, or a more mature Nick Collins?

mmmdk
09-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Idle, you're good! Have you ever considered working for a suicide hotline? :wink:

Yup, you're good. What you said is spot on :D

retailguy
09-05-2006, 01:00 PM
1 case of specially brewed lambeau kool-aid is on its way. We use Tex's special recipe and SOV is the quality control tester....

Guaranteed good for you. :mrgreen:

Tony Oday
09-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Im refilled and ready to Rock the Roman comment was the best! I just would LOVE a Vet Pickup on the offensive line!

the_idle_threat
09-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey, thanks for the kind words, guys!

I would like to see us pick up a veteran backup for the OL, but I have faith that TT is looking. If he ain't buying, it's because the guys out there are looking more like Matt O'Dwyer (aka Taco Wallace) than Bruce Wilkerson.

Keep the faith, folks!