10-16-2016, 06:43 PM
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3170/3065859148_dd5fd5a880_b.jpg

pbmax
10-16-2016, 06:47 PM
No kidding.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu7S3B3XYAINaST.jpg:large

pbmax
10-16-2016, 06:49 PM
Proof that Time of Possession and Yardage mean squat.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu7VkqtXEAIRSRJ.jpg:large

denverYooper
10-16-2016, 06:51 PM
What's the difference between a banjo and a chain saw?

Maxie the Taxi
10-16-2016, 06:51 PM
You know, I keep seeing all this speed on opposing teams but not on the Packers. All of our skill players are slow as molasses. I can see we're missing Cook due to injury, but why didn't we keep the Kid from MN, Pressely? And why not get Janis and Davis involved more. You can't win in this league with an all-Armadillo offense.

red
10-16-2016, 06:52 PM
a-rods stats look ok

but about 50 yards came at the end of the first half when he was just trying to pad stats when we needed points, and on that second to last drive with dallas in prevent

Joemailman
10-16-2016, 06:53 PM
Randall has a groin. Adams might have a head. Bulaga has a back.

denverYooper
10-16-2016, 06:53 PM
At least Rodgers got his completion percentage up -- 31/42, 73.8%.

Joemailman
10-16-2016, 06:54 PM
packers won the time of possession by :20.

Maxie the Taxi
10-16-2016, 06:56 PM
Turnovers will kill ya.

Maxie the Taxi
10-16-2016, 06:59 PM
So, the Cowboys win one game at Lambeau and everyone is talking like the next stop is Super Bowl. hahahahahahaha

Texas fans are in for a deep, deep let down in a couple months.

denverYooper
10-16-2016, 07:02 PM
So, the Cowboys win one game at Lambeau and everyone is talking like the next stop is Super Bowl. hahahahahahaha

Texas fans are in for a deep, deep let down in a couple months.

This.

They can enjoy October, but they're not going anywhere in January.

Joemailman
10-16-2016, 07:09 PM
This.

They can enjoy October, but they're not going anywhere in January.

I disagree. I think they can be as good as anybody in the NFC. They're winning with a rookie QB and a rookie RB, and won without Bryant today.

denverYooper
10-16-2016, 07:10 PM
I disagree. I think they can be as good as anybody in the NFC. They're winning with a rookie QB and a rookie RB, and won without Bryant today.

I don't care.

I hate the Cowboys.

I also didn't leave this game feeling like the Packers were overmatched. They just played like shit.

Maxie the Taxi
10-16-2016, 07:11 PM
I disagree. I think they can be as good as anybody in the NFC. They're winning with a rookie QB and a rookie RB, and won without Bryant today.Eventually they'll play against a top notch passing offense and a defense capable of putting great pressure on young Dak. They'll fail.

Teamcheez1
10-16-2016, 07:12 PM

No rookie QB has led a team to the promised land.

denverYooper
10-16-2016, 07:15 PM
Eventually they'll play against a top notch passing offense and a defense capable of putting great pressure on young Dak. They'll fail.

Pretty much what I felt too. That defense can be had. The Packers in their current period of ineptitude just couldn't do it.

Teamcheez1
10-16-2016, 07:19 PM
If the Packers had their three top corners and Aaron could play close to his former level, they would have handled the Cowboys just fine.

When Gunter and Goodson are your shutdown corners along with a QB who couldn't win a carnival game, the entire team suffers.

Rutnstrut
10-16-2016, 07:28 PM
If the Packers had their three top corners and Aaron could play close to his former level, they would have handled the Cowboys just fine.

When Gunter and Goodson are your shutdown corners along with a QB who couldn't win a carnival game, the entire team suffers.

If if's and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be like Christmas.

Maxie the Taxi
10-16-2016, 07:28 PM

When Gunter and Goodson are your shutdown corners along with a QB who couldn't win a carnival game, the entire team suffers.Add to that a slew of stupid turnovers, an impaired running game, a game plan that wasn't and a sky-high Cowboy team that wanted it more than the dispirited Packers, and you've got a wipeout.

Joemailman
10-16-2016, 08:00 PM
When your top 3 Cb's are out, the guy making 20 million per needs to put the team on his back. It ain't happening.

pbmax
10-16-2016, 08:04 PM
Turnovers will kill ya.

Turnovers and missed open receivers deep.

pbmax
10-16-2016, 08:05 PM
This game is proof that completion percentage isn't the whole problem.

Still an issue with red zone, getting open short and deep passing.

pbmax
10-16-2016, 08:11 PM
As Joe said:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago
Damarious Randall (groin), Davante Adams (being evaluated for a concussion) and Bryan Bulaga (back) were #Packers' three injuries today.

Randall is going to be out a while.

Maxie the Taxi
10-16-2016, 08:11 PM

Still an issue with red zone, getting open short and deep passing.I'm not sure getting open short is a problem. Getting the ball out quick to the short routes is a problem. I think the longer Arod has to throw the worse he becomes. He and Stubby have always been greedy, favoring the deep pass, big play. The longer Arod has the more he looks for that big play. The problem is either the deep WR either can't separate enough, or Arod can't be accurate enough. In short, this offense doesn't know what it wants to be and as a result isn't much of anything.

pbmax
10-16-2016, 08:12 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 11m11 minutes ago
#Packers OLBs Datone Jones and Julius Peppers said they did not see any new wrinkles from the #Cowboys running game. Simply got beat.

Cobra Kai
10-16-2016, 08:14 PM
When your top 3 Cb's are out, the guy making 20 million per needs to put the team on his back. It ain't happening.

Agreed, and what about the 13 million per year guy? That Matthews guy, did he play? I saw his commercial, he's the best apparently. Maybe he should help out those backup CBs by getting to the QB.

pbmax
10-16-2016, 08:15 PM
I'm not sure getting open short is a problem. Getting the ball out quick to the short routes is a problem. I think the longer Arod has to throw the worse he becomes. He and Stubby have always been greedy, favoring the deep pass, big play. The longer Arod has the more he looks for that big play. The problem is either the deep WR either can't separate enough, or Arod can't be accurate enough. In short, this offense doesn't know what it wants to be and as a result isn't much of anything.

I should clarify. They can run certain routes to get people open quickly, but that isn't McCarthy's preferred no-huddle offense. To his credit he has done more of this, but its been a long climb.

My comment was more that other than Monty, they do not have receivers who excel at beating man quickly and getting open right away.

Agree its often not Rodgers first look.

pbmax
10-16-2016, 08:26 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 19m19 minutes ago
#Packers OLB Clay Matthews: "They pretty much had their way with us, and for whatever reason we didn’t make the plays we needed to."

Alex Gelhar ‏@AlexGelhar 24m24 minutes ago
Per #NextGenStats Ty Montgomery lined up in the backfield on 22 of 33 snaps, with 6 catches and 52 yards out of that position. (4-46 at WR).

AND THIS ALIGNMENT MEANS MONTY ISN'T AVAILABLE TO RUN WR ROUTES

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 41s42 seconds ago
How about trying hypnosis to try to cure what ails Rodgers.

Maxie the Taxi
10-16-2016, 08:35 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 19m19 minutes ago
#Packers OLB Clay Matthews: "They pretty much had their way with us, and for whatever reason we didn’t make the plays we needed to."

Alex Gelhar ‏@AlexGelhar 24m24 minutes ago
Per #NextGenStats Ty Montgomery lined up in the backfield on 22 of 33 snaps, with 6 catches and 52 yards out of that position. (4-46 at WR).

AND THIS ALIGNMENT MEANS MONTY ISN'T AVAILABLE TO RUN WR ROUTES

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 41s42 seconds ago
How about trying hypnosis to try to cure what ails Rodgers.He also lost a fumble.

pbmax
10-16-2016, 08:59 PM
Buddy �� ‏@TacoBellGawd 3h3 hours ago
Dak hadn't thrown an INT all year, until...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu7Lj7OVUAAlIb1.jpg:large

RashanGary
10-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Could Brett have given dak any sloppier of a bro job? Awkward. Fuck you Brett. They're the enemy today!

King Friday
10-16-2016, 09:28 PM

Still an issue with red zone, getting open short and deep passing.

I think the yelling about completion percentage has to do with Rodgers' accuracy in general. While he was able to make a lot of shorter throws today, we all still witnessed his accuracy remains a huge issue on any pass more than 10 yards downfield. He simply has to hit open receivers that are running free 20-30 yards downfield. It happened 3 or 4 times today, and he missed every single one...and none of them were particularly close.

pbmax
10-16-2016, 09:37 PM
Davante Adams ‏@tae15adams 54m54 minutes ago
Appreciate all the prayers. Ill be alright. We'll be alright #GsUp

pbmax
10-16-2016, 09:38 PM
I think the yelling about completion percentage has to do with Rodgers' accuracy in general. While he was able to make a lot of shorter throws today, we all still witnessed his accuracy remains a huge issue on any pass more than 10 yards downfield. He simply has to hit open receivers that are running free 20-30 yards downfield. It happened 3 or 4 times today, and he missed every single one...and none of them were particularly close.

He missed two touchdowns by about a foot total deep. Not sure the issue itself is huge but it does have a huge impact.

pbmax
10-16-2016, 09:41 PM
All the apocalyptic takes seem overdone for Week 6 (Game 5). Long season yet.

McCarthy has already been changing the offense. Players need to catchup.

King Friday
10-16-2016, 10:30 PM

I'm sure not seeing much to hang my hat on. We are losing CBs left and right. We don't have a healthy RB on the roster. We don't have a WR on the roster who can get more than 2 feet of separation from a defender. Our QB just thought it was a great idea to try to run it in himself from 2 yards out...he's lost that much confidence in his arm and receivers.

It sure looks like it will be a long season...that much I can agree on.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2016, 01:49 AM
As Joe said:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h1 hour ago
Damarious Randall (groin), Davante Adams (being evaluated for a concussion) and Bryan Bulaga (back) were #Packers' three injuries today.

Randall is going to be out a while.

Why the fuck is it taking forever for Shields to return from a headache? Randalls and Gunter fuckin' suck. Pretty sure there's a free agent vet somewhere on this planet who does not suck as much as those two suckers.

Do your fuckin' job, Polar Bear!!! Sign Cromartie!

Adams, not a big loss. It's Janis time. Unfortunately, the Great Arm of Butte suddenly can't throw bombs anymore.

Bulaga, the guy's always been injury-prone, so ain't a surprise he's hurt again. Sucks, though. He was playing well.

Smidgeon
10-17-2016, 02:28 AM
Just finished the game. Here are my thoughts.

The obvious:
A Rodgers is playing at an average level for a QB in the NFL--not average for him, average for a QB

Except for Cobb last week and Montgomery this week, where are the WRs? I get that it often takes two years for a player to come back from an ACL so Jordy gets a conditional pass, but at his age, there's no guarantee he will get back at all

Less obvious
It sucks to play defense down your top 3 corners. After leading the league and/or always having excellent pass defenders who were good at intercepting the ball, this year's version is sorely lacking that ability which makes losing the corners that much worse. I knew I was spoiled with Nick Collins and Woodson and Tramontana on the team at the same time, but the new guys--while ultimately reliable--aren't ballhawks. And with Hayward leaving, there are none on the team.

I don't know what to think right now. I don't hate the Cowboys as much as I used to, but I'm slowly falling off the TT/Rodgers bandwagon. Where is the stud ballplayer who digs out plays? The best player on the field today wasn't Rodgers, Matthews, Perry, Peppers, Daniels, Jordy, Cobb, Lacy (who also gets a pass due to the ankle), or HHCD. It was Montgomery. I keep waiting for someone to become the next stud, but it ain't happening this year.

Makes me think about the side effect of drafting so many lineman in the first round. Bulaga, Sherrod, Harrell, Clark, etc, etc, etc. A line like the Cowboys have can win games...but only if you have the skill positions to make it work. The Packers have a good line on both sides (I think) without factoring in Clark and Spriggs, but we need some skill position studs badly.

And how on earth are the Packers this injured again? 3 CBs, 1.5 RB, 1 TE, 1 OL, 1 WR, etc, etc, etc.

oldbutnotdeadyet
10-17-2016, 05:00 AM
'A Rodgers is playing at an average level for a QB in the NFL--not average for him, average for a QB'

Cant agree with this. Lately, and today especially, Rodgers plain ass looks bad.

'Where is the stud ballplayer who digs out plays?'

Right, and what scares me is other than Rodgers in his prime, maybe we don't have any?

'And how on earth are the Packers this injured again?'

How much longer will MM be able to milk this old excuse?

I will always be a believer in the packers. MM and TT, not so much.

denverYooper
10-17-2016, 07:20 AM

McCarthy has already been changing the offense. Players need to catchup.

I noticed that too. I wasn't sure of how much of it had to do with their RB situation but he threw a lot of new stuff out there and they huddled a lot. They had a few 5 WR sets, too. We haven't seen that in some time.

pbmax
10-17-2016, 08:20 AM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 11h11 hours ago
Mike McCarthy was asked if his offense is broken: "I don't know if I agree with broken. It's definitely not clean in some areas." #Packers

GreenBayMMA @WBAMMA
replied with

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu9DA3_XEAETeyn.jpg:large

pbmax
10-17-2016, 09:07 AM
In the end, the diagnosis for this offense in the Cowboys game is similar to one we have made before. If forced to run and pass for short gains, this offense struggles to get deep into enemy territory and then struggles anew in the red zone.

Mcgann's game write up hints at this but doesn't get to the conclusion. He admits the numbers look better this week than others, but claims they are all garbage time stats. But you can;t say that and then list all the scoring chances they blew. With 3 lost turnovers they still had 380 yards an multiple chances to score.

The inability to hit big plays is killing them. The other parts of the offense have the same liabilities in long, multi play drives as they have for years. Does anyone think a healthy Starks really changes the game?

A last point about Bob, after conceding that Lacy had enough production to balance the O, he blasts the team for being shorthanded again. You can't have it both ways.

pbmax
10-17-2016, 09:12 AM
JS Comments ‏@JSComments 14m14 minutes ago
The Packers got rid of James Jones, Tim Masthay, George Kuhn from last year's squad and replaced them with cheaper talent.

Its so obvious I missed it.

King Friday
10-17-2016, 09:41 AM
In the end, the diagnosis for this offense in the Cowboys game is similar to one we have made before. If forced to run and pass for short gains, this offense struggles to get deep into enemy territory and then struggles anew in the red zone.

We are forced to short throws because Rodgers has not been accurate enough to hit guys downfield anymore. They were there several times yesterday, and Rodgers missed nearly every one...he hit Jordy on that nice throw late down the sideline, but I can't remember too many other throws of 25+ yards where Rodgers was on target. Even on some of the shorter throws, he was short-arming it at guys feet and making one of the worst INTs I've seen since Favre was here...and at least Favre hit guys downfield once in awhile. Hell, I saw BROCK F-ING OSWEILER make throws downfield and hit guys in the 4th quarter of his game last night. BROCK F-ING OSWEILER!

Rodgers missed throw after throw after throw to the point where Troy Aikman, who rarely says anything critical of an elite level QB, was starting to sound like he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

The problem with the offense isn't necessarily the scheme...we need some air freshener for sure to clean up what has gone stale, but guys were open at times yesterday and Rodgers had the time in the pocket to be able to hit them. The issue is the guy under center. It appears that Rodgers has physical issues with mechanics and mental issues with confidence at this point. He's a mess. The worst thing about this is that Stubby, who is supposedly a QB whisperer, doesn't seem to have the first clue in how to fix him since this is going on a full season's worth of games at this point.

King Friday
10-17-2016, 09:45 AM
And how on earth are the Packers this injured again? 3 CBs, 1.5 RB, 1 TE, 1 OL, 1 WR, etc, etc, etc.

Because we don't play ANYBODY in the preseason. You can't be scared of getting hurt...because that will only guarantee that you will get hurt. It is just like a guy who holds out all training camp and immediately comes back and tweaks his hammy.

YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY, and this team needs to start taking preseason way more seriously.

oldbutnotdeadyet
10-17-2016, 10:19 AM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 11h11 hours ago
Mike McCarthy was asked if his offense is broken: "I don't know if I agree with broken. It's definitely not clean in some areas." #Packers

GreenBayMMA @WBAMMA
replied with

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu9DA3_XEAETeyn.jpg:large

Ahh, no, sorry MM, the offense is broken...

Maxie the Taxi
10-17-2016, 10:32 AM
We went into the game knowing our starting RCB was out, our starting LCB was questionable, our starting slot CB was questionable, meaning our game-CB's would be Gunter, Hawkins and Goodson. What did we do to compensate? We primarily sent four players to rush the passer and dropped seven into coverage. How'd that work out? We sacked Prescott twice and hurried him once. Prescott passed for 274 yds., 3 TD's and a 117.4 passer rating.

Maybe the above strategy was employed to contain the fearsome Zeke Elliott, you say. How'd that work out? Elliott ran for 157 yds. on 28 attempts.

A defeatist might say there was nothing we could do. The Cowboy's Oline is just too good and our injuries just too devastating. A critic might say we tried to stop the run and dared the rookie sensation QB to beat us, and he did. A cynic might say we weren't as good against the run as we thought we were, so we should have have blitzed the hell out of the rookie QB sensation and dared Elliot to beat us.

Are you a defeatist, a critic or a cynic?

On offense, our world-class QB had all the time in the world to pass but still couldn't connect on big plays that were there for the taking AND threw a bonehead interception AND was careless with his ball-handling, putting the rock on the ground inside the opponent's 5-yd. line. I don't know what to think about that.

Joemailman
10-17-2016, 10:53 AM
We went into the game knowing our starting RCB was out, our starting LCB was questionable, our starting slot CB was questionable, meaning our game-CB's would be Gunter, Hawkins and Goodson. What did we do to compensate? We primarily sent four players to rush the passer and dropped seven into coverage. How'd that work out? We sacked Prescott twice and hurried him once. Prescott passed for 274 yds., 3 TD's and a 117.4 passer rating.

Maybe the above strategy was employed to contain the fearsome Zeke Elliott, you say. How'd that work out? Elliott ran for 157 yds. on 28 attempts.

A defeatist might say there was nothing we could do. The Cowboy's Oline is just too good and our injuries just too devastating. A critic might say we tried to stop the run and dared the rookie sensation QB to beat us, and he did. A cynic might say we weren't as good against the run as we thought we were, so we should have have blitzed the hell out of the rookie QB sensation and dared Elliot to beat us.

Are you a defeatist, a critic or a cynic?

On offense, our world-class QB had all the time in the world to pass but still couldn't connect on big plays that were there for the taking AND threw a bonehead interception AND was careless with his ball-handling, putting the rock on the ground inside the opponent's 5-yd. line. I don't know what to think about that.

I think given the injury situation, there was little chance the defense was going to really shut down Dallas. Rodgers and his receivers needed to put this team on their back. Instead, they produced 1 TD (after the game was pretty much decided), and turned the ball over 4 times.

Right now Rodgers is an average NFL starting QB, and the team is slightly above average. They beat the mediocre teams and lose to the top teams. They are 3-2 and hold the last playoff spot. That's what they are. Any improvement or decline from that will likely depend on a change in the level of Rodgers' play.

pbmax
10-17-2016, 01:00 PM
We are forced to short throws because Rodgers has not been accurate enough to hit guys downfield anymore. They were there several times yesterday, and Rodgers missed nearly every one...he hit Jordy on that nice throw late down the sideline, but I can't remember too many other throws of 25+ yards where Rodgers was on target. Even on some of the shorter throws, he was short-arming it at guys feet and making one of the worst INTs I've seen since Favre was here...and at least Favre hit guys downfield once in awhile. Hell, I saw BROCK F-ING OSWEILER make throws downfield and hit guys in the 4th quarter of his game last night. BROCK F-ING OSWEILER!

Rodgers missed throw after throw after throw to the point where Troy Aikman, who rarely says anything critical of an elite level QB, was starting to sound like he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

The problem with the offense isn't necessarily the scheme...we need some air freshener for sure to clean up what has gone stale, but guys were open at times yesterday and Rodgers had the time in the pocket to be able to hit them. The issue is the guy under center. It appears that Rodgers has physical issues with mechanics and mental issues with confidence at this point. He's a mess. The worst thing about this is that Stubby, who is supposedly a QB whisperer, doesn't seem to have the first clue in how to fix him since this is going on a full season's worth of games at this point.

He was closer to his deep throws yesterday than he has been in a while. That was one of the few upsides.

His accuracy dove as he was asked to do more offense from outside the pocket or after 3 seconds of pass blocking. If they are going to change the offense back to one that emphasizes getting receivers open quickly and taking the short throw, he has to work on that part of his game.

But he isn't going to complete more than 75% of his passes normally. The problem is which of those passes hit. Not enough for big yardage.

pbmax
10-17-2016, 01:18 PM
M3 PC

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 55m55 minutes ago
McCarthy on Montgomery: We need to get Ty the ball. And we need to get Randall Cobb the ball more. Ty has shown ability to play running back

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 54m54 minutes ago
MM not pleased with Montgomery's fumbles. "Ball security's A-Number 1." ... "Four turnovers is totally unacceptable."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 54m54 minutes ago
McCarthy: Ball security is A-No. 1. Four turnovers is unacceptable. It's the first thing we work on every day.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 56m56 minutes ago
McCarthy on RB: It’s a stress point on your roster. These injuries are not long-term, IR nature. We’re still gathering information.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 56m56 minutes ago
McCarthy on RB: We’re working through the process. There’s a number of things going on, testing. I don’t have all the information.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 55m55 minutes ago
McCarthy: Plan for Joe Callahan was to be here and you take that chance, accept that risk. Those are things you have to weigh.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 55m55 minutes ago
STarks had surgery yesterday, MM says. Felt good about surgery but should be back "quick."

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 55m55 minutes ago
McCarthy said James Starks had a procedure performed on his knee, but feels he'll be on the front end of his prognosis

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 55m55 minutes ago
Lacy being evaluated now, MM says. As for corner, that's up in the air, too, MM says. He ruled out Rollins for Thursday last night.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 55m55 minutes ago
McCarthy on red zone: Turnovers are No. 1, very costly. Not only opportunity you lose, but momentum. Takes a shot out of your energy.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 54m54 minutes ago
McCarthy on Bulaga: Based on his history I would think he would play this week. I thought Jason Spriggs did a good job.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 54m54 minutes ago
MM on passing game after watching film: It's the "details." Got to stay after it. Missed some opportunities.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 53m53 minutes ago
McCarthy on passing game: Went in anticipating 40 plus attempts. We hit goal of opportunities, but we missed opportunities.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 52m52 minutes ago
McCarthy on 5 WRs: Like the Big 5. They rushed 3 and dropped eight. That’s a look we can learn from. Protection was good. Can extend plays

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 49m49 minutes ago
McCarthy on takeaways: Every single one of them was avoidable. This is not the way we handle the football.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 58m58 minutes ago
MM on what to build on: This is a different season. You don’t just pull up last year’s game plan. That doesn’t work. Part of the challenge.

pbmax
10-17-2016, 01:26 PM
Antonio Curro ‏@ACNY2LA 1h1 hour ago
Watched @packers from the 40 yard line yesterday-5 big things stood out (1) Adams is hurts offense because he can't get off the ball or open

(2) McCarthy does an awful job of isolating and exploiting other team's weakness

(3) @packers defensive substitutions first series and last series of first half were so late it was ridiculous & inexcusable

(4) @packers have no speed at any offensive skill position - Cowboys were press coveraging 5 receiver sets and no one could beat their guy

(5) Anyone who thinks @packers issues are Rodgers need to go in person - it'll give u a much better perspective - it isn't him

Case n point - Adams went out & @packers started to utilize Montgomery out of the backfield and exploited the matchup to favor them

Not having a change of pace 3rd down RB kills the @packers offense because they don't have a TE & Adams can't get open-all personnel issues

With the exception of 3 maybe 4 throws @packers Rodgers was putting the ball where it had to be - he's not the issue

Antonio Curro ‏@ACNY2LA 45m45 minutes ago
BB is the best ever on the sidelines because he isolates and exploits-McCarthy used to do that better-he is not doing that anymore

pbmax
10-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Giants game:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu_Wi1IVMAAY-W6.jpg:large

Anti-Polar Bear
10-17-2016, 01:37 PM
Might as well put Starks on the fuckin' IR. Even when healthy, the guy's out of a gas.

I, for one, am sick of seeing the Packers shitty corners get beat by average receivers. How many TDs did Beasley (?) caught against them shitty corners? Beasley? Who? Bring in 'Cro!

Harlan Huckleby
10-17-2016, 01:41 PM
Antonio Curro ‏@ACNY2LA 45m45 minutes ago
BB is the best ever on the sidelines because he isolates and exploits-McCarthy used to do that better-he is not doing that anymore

Brett Bielema?

I like reading that the Packer receivers (including Lacy & Dickrod) are slow as molasses because that is my own kneejerk diagnosis. It's true that Arod is not threading the needle as well as the (distant) past, but that could be due to drop in confidence in himself and the route runners.

A scapegoat is needed. I say package Adams and Starks and trade for some struggling NBA forward who can be repurposed as a tight end. Then declare the offense fixed.

Patler
10-17-2016, 03:38 PM
Who is Antonio Curro? Should I care what he has to say?
(I'm really asking, because I haven't a clue who he is.)

pbmax
10-17-2016, 04:18 PM
Who is Antonio Curro? Should I care what he has to say?
(I'm really asking, because I haven't a clue who he is.)

No idea, he was retweeted by Tom Oates, so take it with a grain of salt.

denverYooper
10-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Opinions on Rodgers and the Packers offensive struggles at this point are like anuses -- everybody has one.

One of the Gannett guys indicated that the new plan to beat Rodgers was generally to rush 3 or 4 mostly to contain Rodgers and drop a bunch of guys into coverage. The theory is that it prevents receivers (who already have trouble getting open) from getting open

Bill Barnwell seems firmly in the camp that the structure of the Packers offense is creating Rodgers's problems.

I've even heard the narrative being pushed that Rodgers might have personal issues -- either in his personal life or with something he doesn't like about the offense or some other team-related angst -- that are clouding his mind.

Mike Silver blames Ted.

King Friday
10-18-2016, 04:55 PM
One of the Gannett guys indicated that the new plan to beat Rodgers was generally to rush 3 or 4 mostly to contain Rodgers and drop a bunch of guys into coverage. The theory is that it prevents receivers (who already have trouble getting open) from getting open.

This certainly will happen now...simply because we don't have a running game thanks to Ted, who refuses to stock the cupboard with capable RBs.

Maxie the Taxi
10-18-2016, 05:41 PM
Opinions on Rodgers and the Packers offensive struggles at this point are like anuses -- everybody has one.

One of the Gannett guys indicated that the new plan to beat Rodgers was generally to rush 3 or 4 mostly to contain Rodgers and drop a bunch of guys into coverage. The theory is that it prevents receivers (who already have trouble getting open) from getting open

Bill Barnwell seems firmly in the camp that the structure of the Packers offense is creating Rodgers's problems.

I've even heard the narrative being pushed that Rodgers might have personal issues -- either in his personal life or with something he doesn't like about the offense or some other team-related angst -- that are clouding his mind.

Mike Silver blames Ted.At the risk of being just another asshole, here's my opinion.

I don't know enough x's and o's to have an opinion about the structure of the offense or Rodger's throwing mechanics. But I do know a top 10 or 20 pass receiver when I see one. Jordy, Cobb, Cook and Adams are our top receivers. Cook is good, but he's no Greg Olsen, or Jimmy Graham or even Martellus Bennett. And as for our WR's, we ain't got a Julio Jones, or a Marvin Jones, or even a Branden Cooks or a Sammie Coates.

Jordy used to be uncoverable. Maybe he will be again...next year. Maybe not. Cobb is a damn good slot receiver, but he's lost a step and has a hard time getting significant separation one-on-one. And Adams is Adams, flashes of really good but mostly avg.

IMO TT needs to get us some top twenty talent, by hook or by draft. I don't care. IMO that's the best way to get Arod out of his slump, or whatever it is.

Joemailman
10-18-2016, 07:06 PM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/jsi_news/graphics/2016/PPGBRATE18G.jpg

Maxie the Taxi
10-18-2016, 07:54 PM
McGinn must have been watching the same game I was.

pbmax
10-18-2016, 09:04 PM

Mike Silver blames Ted.

It was the plan late in the game, but with the lead and the clock on the Cowboys side.

Zimmer still went rushing with 4 and a spy on Rodgers.

Fritz
10-20-2016, 10:54 AM
I think Rodgers is seeing ghosts out there. He can still get away from the rush like no one else, but that dude had all year to throw against the Cowboys...and nothing. Talk all you want about the receivers not getting open, but not too long ago we were all crowing about how Rodgers could throw a ball that was in the narrowest of windows - only his receiver could get it! He could fit it into a space the size of a basketball!

He looks afraid to do that now. He's lost confidence - it's getting to be a 'thing' now. That's why it worked well in the first half against Detroit - he was throwing on rhythm, so he didn't have time to think. Now he's starting to aim the ball and now he's afraid to try to fit it in.

It's all going to hell, and it's all in his head.

esoxx
10-20-2016, 01:38 PM
I think Rodgers is seeing ghosts out there. He can still get away from the rush like no one else, but that dude had all year to throw against the Cowboys...and nothing. Talk all you want about the receivers not getting open, but not too long ago we were all crowing about how Rodgers could throw a ball that was in the narrowest of windows - only his receiver could get it! He could fit it into a space the size of a basketball!

He looks afraid to do that now. He's lost confidence - it's getting to be a 'thing' now. That's why it worked well in the first half against Detroit - he was throwing on rhythm, so he didn't have time to think. Now he's starting to aim the ball and now he's afraid to try to fit it in.

I was at that shit show of a game and can attest there were several plays where receivers were open by a good margin and Rodgers never realized it. Doesn't appear he's scanning field consistently, going through progressions. Not sure what the problem is but he doesn't resemble the QB we were accustomed to, that's for damn sure.

Smidgeon
10-20-2016, 01:50 PM

Hopefully he'll transition this year and this coming offseason into the older, quick trigger QB that has allowed Brady and Peyton so much success.

Bossman641
10-20-2016, 03:48 PM
Everyone has their opinion on Rodgers, I read an article on ESPN that was saying it all revolved around technique and fundamentals. Most of their Insider stuff is GARBAGE, but this was actually insightful.

George Cumby
10-20-2016, 07:15 PM
Yoko ono.

pbmax
10-20-2016, 10:09 PM
Yeah, Garbage.

Fritz
10-21-2016, 07:52 AM
I still think Rodgers did not look that good last night. Not like the Rodgers we've watched for a long time. He's still not fitting the ball into tight spaces; furthermore, he's missing open guys - often while throwing, unnecessarily, off his back foot.

Smidgeon
10-21-2016, 10:30 AM
I still think Rodgers did not look that good last night. Not like the Rodgers we've watched for a long time. He's still not fitting the ball into tight spaces; furthermore, he's missing open guys - often while throwing, unnecessarily, off his back foot.

I thought last night was a vast improvement in terms of accuracy vs earlier in the year. He had a couple tight window throws to Adams, two TDs that Cobb dropped that were both pinpoint.

Yes, he still has a ways to go, but the quick passes seemed to help focus his throwing.