PDA

View Full Version : Drum Corps finals tonight

chewy-bacca
09-05-2006, 11:41 AM
They were in Madison for the DCI champs. a couple weeks ago. They are airing the finals tonight on ESPN2 at 8PM EST (7 Wis.)

If you dont know, they are half time style marching shows on steroids.:mrgreen: And the local scouts have a nice show this season.

Partial
09-05-2006, 12:03 PM
DCI is really cool in person. I went to finals in 2001 I believe, whenever Madison did the latin show. The cavaliers did some goofy ass water show I think and won. Blue Devils took second with some Jazz stuff. I've seen it on TV and I personally don't maintain the same level of appreciation for the activity. The sops just aren't as high, and they aren't moving nearly as fast it seems.

oregonpackfan
09-05-2006, 12:11 PM
I'm sorry I will not be able to watch it. The AARP Synchronized Swimming Finals are on ABC tonight! :lol:

OPF

chewy-bacca
09-05-2006, 01:41 PM
^ you are clueless...to bad for you.

chewy-bacca
09-05-2006, 01:44 PM
DCI is really cool in person. I went to finals in 2001 I believe, whenever Madison did the latin show. The cavaliers did some goofy ass water show I think and won. Blue Devils took second with some Jazz stuff. I've seen it on TV and I personally don't maintain the same level of appreciation for the activity. The sops just aren't as high, and they aren't moving nearly as fast it seems.

gotta turn it up real loud. it helps to have a nice surround sound system too. :cool:

a few weeks ago they sold out about 200 theaters around the US to show the quarters live. With the big screen, lots of sound and a full house it was fun.

Partial
09-05-2006, 02:15 PM

gotta turn it up real loud. it helps to have a nice surround sound system too. :cool:

a few weeks ago they sold out about 200 theaters around the US to show the quarters live. With the big screen, lots of sound and a full house it was fun.

I didn't get to go this year but was definitely around and could hear it. It's pretty funny walking the streets of madison when there are about 2000-3000 new teens there just for DCI. Gotta love finals week!

the_idle_threat
09-05-2006, 02:39 PM
I was there and saw it live. Great show!

Iron Mike
09-05-2006, 03:35 PM

OMG--I was in the Cavaliers 25 years ago!!!!! :mrgreen:

Partial
09-05-2006, 03:38 PM
I was there and saw it live. Great show!

lies!

Partial
09-05-2006, 03:38 PM

Really? That's pretty cool.

Iron Mike
09-05-2006, 09:09 PM

Really? That's pretty cool.

Well, 25 years ago the Cavies were pretty much bottom of the barrel.

But they pWn now!!!!!!!! :cool:

the_idle_threat
09-05-2006, 09:52 PM
I never marched or anything, but my friend from college marched with the Dubuque Colts 13-14 years ago. They made finals his last year when finals were in Jacksonville. I guess this was pretty rare for the Colts ... they generally finish just short of the final 12, just like they did this year. He's proud.

At finals this year, we met up with a dude my friend marched with back then ... this other guy was so proud of being a part of the Colts corps that made top 12 and reached finals that he had an enormous DCI tattoo on his upper arm with the finals logo, and he named his kid "Jackson" after Jacksonville.

Were any of you there at finals this year? Who knows, we may have been sitting next to each other!

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Band Fags :D

Deputy Nutz
09-05-2006, 10:20 PM
One time at Band Camp....

MJZiggy
09-05-2006, 10:48 PM
HAHAHA