PDA

View Full Version : Lacy out for weeks?!

Tony Oday
10-19-2016, 12:00 PM
Uh Oh.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/eddie-lacy-unlikely-to-play-thursday-so-what-the-heck-do-the-packers-do-203357252.html

Harlan Huckleby
10-19-2016, 12:20 PM
Lacy's Lambeau leaps over would-be tacklers last Sunday keep coming to mind. A guy that big treating his bad ankle to that impact was less than genius. Playing Lacy at all was probably less than smart. But relying on two battered big bodies for your running back squad for 2016 takes the cake. Starks and Lacy have been injured regularly the past three seasons.

Tony Oday
10-19-2016, 01:20 PM
I would guess its easier on his ankle than his spin move.

Maxie the Taxi
10-19-2016, 01:43 PM
Moreover, I hear Knave Davis is injury prone.

Infamous
10-19-2016, 04:32 PM
I would guess its easier on his ankle than his spin move.

LOL...this may be one of those weird seasons..injuries KILL!!

KYPack
10-19-2016, 04:38 PM
Gawd. This is the shits.

I had soooo much fun going to the Giants game and days later, this.

gbgary
10-19-2016, 05:25 PM
i don't think any Packers official has said anything about several weeks...yet.

King Friday
10-19-2016, 05:28 PM
i don't think any Packers official has said anything about several weeks...yet.

Maybe not, but I think the trade itself speaks to the urgency of the need. Lacy certainly can't go on a short week, and if we want him around for the stretch drive I'm guessing he is going to need at least a couple weeks to let that thing heal. If you keep bringing him back out at 80%, he's going to keep re-aggravating it.

red
10-19-2016, 05:32 PM
Oh good, the m3 fan base now has their injury excuse for the year

SMBASS
10-19-2016, 06:19 PM
leroy butler ‏@leap36 ยท 2h2 hours ago

Lacy likely IR

Leroy usually seems fairly plugged in to what's going on so we'll have to see what happens with Lacy.

Harlan Huckleby
10-19-2016, 06:30 PM
The cupboard is bare.

Bossman641
10-19-2016, 06:36 PM
Lacy to ir would be devastating

Rutnstrut
10-19-2016, 06:52 PM
I said in the Dallas game thread that TT and stubby were trying to wreck Lacy for the season or more. How anyone can still have faith in stubby and TT is beyond me. As i've said in the past. They are perfectly happy with the status quo and saving money.

George Cumby
10-19-2016, 08:13 PM
I said in the Dallas game thread that TT and stubby were trying to wreck Lacy for the season or more. How anyone can still have faith in stubby and TT is beyond me. As i've said in the past. They are perfectly happy with the status quo and saving money.

Well. I'm done with the program at this point. I'm done with Yoko's boy-toy. I'm done with tub of shit M3. I'm done with TT, as much as I like him. There approach is stale. They've lost the team.

gbgary
10-19-2016, 08:30 PM
still hasn't brought up Jackson from the ps. wonder if theyre trying to get a real starter from someone.

Joemailman
10-19-2016, 08:56 PM
still hasn't brought up Jackson from the ps. wonder if theyre trying to get a real starter from someone.

Probably deciding who to release or who to place on IR to make room for him on the roster.

King Friday
10-19-2016, 08:57 PM
I understand the value of RBs...my fantasy team has David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Lamar Miller and Demarco Murray.

I wish TT would play more fantasy football.

pbmax
10-19-2016, 11:56 PM
Oh good, the m3 fan base now has their injury excuse for the year

All I needed was Jordy's second year to 100% story line.

Love Live Mediocrity!

Freak Out
10-20-2016, 12:01 AM
What a fucking mess.

KYPack
10-20-2016, 08:26 AM
I understand the value of RBs...my fantasy team has David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Lamar Miller and Demarco Murray.

I wish TT would play more fantasy football.

Lawd, I've got one of those guys and I'm leading my league

Great lineup.

Fritz
10-20-2016, 10:50 AM
Lacy to ir would be devastating

If the Packers lose to the Bears tonight, it will have turned into a complete https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUAR7wmNmnFRa7UsEFUK-5pdlPbvRKUAY8EI0ggQ9XR-_-bVuovcBBOW2g show.

Maxie the Taxi
10-20-2016, 11:48 AM
Rotoworld:

ESPN reports Eddie Lacy is back close to the "255 to 265 pounds" he played at last season.
Lacy has looked "husky" the last several weeks, but he was still performing very well on the field before going down with an ankle injury. Perhaps the ankle issue can be attributed to his weight, but the extra pounds certainly were not affecting his play on the field. Even so, Lacy's inability to stay in shape and healthy likely means the Packers will let him test the free-agent waters next spring.
Source: ESPN
Oct 20 - 10:27 AM

gbgary
10-20-2016, 11:49 AM
Probably deciding who to release or who to place on IR to make room for him on the roster.

if tt goes into this game without a backup rb (jackson), WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS THE OFFENSE, it amounts to pure negligence.

Maxie the Taxi
10-20-2016, 11:55 AM
if tt goes into this game without a backup rb (jackson), WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS THE OFFENSE, it amounts to pure negligence.Latest word is that Jackson will NOT be activated. Monty will get the RB snaps. Should be an interesting evening.

gbgary
10-20-2016, 12:16 PM
Lacy undergoing surgery...placed on ir!

Airin' Rodgers
10-20-2016, 12:29 PM
Latest word is that Jackson will NOT be activated. Monty will get the RB snaps. Should be an interesting evening.

Jackson was activated.

KYPack
10-20-2016, 12:33 PM
Lacy undergoing surgery...placed on ir!

Christ, somebody, somewhere, tell me something good.

Freak Out
10-20-2016, 12:41 PM
Ugh.

pittstang5
10-20-2016, 12:43 PM

Good Lord, tell me about it. F'n nightmare!

Fritz
10-20-2016, 12:56 PM

Modern advances in plastic surgery mean that big tits are everywhere.

Maxie the Taxi
10-20-2016, 01:19 PM
Rotoworld:

Packers placed RB Eddie Lacy (ankle surgery) on injured reserve.
Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Packers don't yet know if Lacy's operation is season-ending, or if he'll be able to return in eight weeks. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Lacy has "more than an ankle sprain." It's a brutal loss for a team with zero backfield depth. Despite continued weight issues, Lacy was averaging 5.07 yards per carry. With James Starks (knee surgery) out 3-4 more weeks, the Packers are moving forward with a "backfield" of WR Ty Montgomery, Don Jackson and Knile Davis. Randall Cobb could also see carries. Often banged up and typically out of shape, there's a chance contract-year Lacy has played his last down for the Packers.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Oct 20 - 1:10 PM

Harlan Huckleby
10-20-2016, 01:26 PM
I'm for starting over at RB. Lacy has been impressive in most games this year, but I don't see a long career with Big Eddie.

ThunderDan
10-20-2016, 01:30 PM
Latest word is that Jackson will NOT be activated. Monty will get the RB snaps. Should be an interesting evening.

Of course he will be. You only have to have 6 or 7 inactive a game and we have something like 11 that won't play.

ThunderDan
10-20-2016, 01:32 PM
Jackson was activated.

Thank you, it had to happen. We are only going to be able to dress around 44 players tonight.

gbgary
10-20-2016, 01:48 PM
Thank you, it had to happen.

smh...now i don't mind seeing Montgomery coming out of backfield for a pass but i don't want to see him actually try to run the ball up the gut. leave that for the RUNNING BACKS MIKE! plays are too important to waste...especially for this offense.

Smidgeon
10-20-2016, 01:49 PM
I'm for starting over at RB. Lacy has been impressive in most games this year, but I don't see a long career with Big Eddie.

Which would be a shame. When Rodgers was out with his collarbone break, Lacy carried the Packers. It was refreshing to have one of the top RBs in the league, and certainly the best since Ahman Green.

Not looking forward to another RB drought. And no, I don't consider Ryan Grant to be in Lacy's tier. He was fast, but he disappeared a lot too.

Harlan Huckleby
10-20-2016, 02:26 PM
Which would be a shame. When Rodgers was out with his collarbone break, Lacy carried the Packers. It was refreshing to have one of the top RBs in the league, and certainly the best since Ahman Green.

Not looking forward to another RB drought. And no, I don't consider Ryan Grant to be in Lacy's tier. He was fast, but he disappeared a lot too.

Do you trust Eddie to be The Man in coming years? I don't. He can be part of a rotation, but they need to pay another player who can compete to be #1.

Smidgeon
10-20-2016, 02:35 PM
Do you trust Eddie to be The Man in coming years? I don't. He can be part of a rotation, but they need to pay another player who can compete to be #1.

That part I agree with.

I just don't want to let him walk and have James Starkses starting back there.

red
10-20-2016, 03:17 PM
there was just a guy on nfln saying the whole offseason weight loss was complete BS and that lacy never got below 250, and didn't get within 10 or 15 pounds of the target weight the team set for him

on behalf of myself and PB i would like to take this time to say "WE FUCKING TOLD YOU SO!!". we didn't buy into the horse shit the team had their mouthpieces spreading all over the media. we used our eyes since back in preseason to see that the guy was still a fat slob

Bossman641
10-20-2016, 03:35 PM
I thought the report was that he was now back to his pre-weight loss weight. If what you say is true I don't see how the Packers could sign him this year. Damn shame too. Bell was a bigger back coming out of msu and while he has had his struggles in other areas he has improved his physique since college.

Cheesehead Craig
10-20-2016, 03:43 PM
Can we just fast forward to the draft and take Dalvin Cook already?

Maxie the Taxi
10-20-2016, 05:08 PM
Can we just fast forward to the draft and take Dalvin Cook already?Dalvin Cook is going to be a hell of a pro. Two things: Can he carry the load of an everyday back without being injured? Will TT draft a guy like him? Next year's draft has 5 or 6 of the nation's best.

Infamous
10-20-2016, 05:22 PM
If the Packers lose to the Bears tonight, it will have turned into a complete https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUAR7wmNmnFRa7UsEFUK-5pdlPbvRKUAY8EI0ggQ9XR-_-bVuovcBBOW2g show.

Najeh Davenport??

King Friday
10-20-2016, 05:46 PM
Lacy is probably going to be very cheap as a free agent next year...even with his issues, he may be someone worth keeping for another year or two because no one else is going to pay a bunch of money for him at this point. Resign him...then draft a couple kids to also throw in the mix next year.

red
10-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Lacy is probably going to be very cheap as a free agent next year...even with his issues, he may be someone worth keeping for another year or two because no one else is going to pay a bunch of money for him at this point. Resign him...then draft a couple kids to also throw in the mix next year.

if he hits free agency, someone will pay him top 5 money

i'm guessing he'll get 7-9 million a year

he can be a monster if someone can control his weight and knows how to properly use running backs

plus he's 26, this is his one and only chance to hit it big, he'll go for as much money as possible

he's averaging over 5 yards per carry, among the best in the league. however he ranks 21st in attempts. in a decent running system, he's easily a top 5 back

Joemailman
10-22-2016, 09:45 PM
if he hits free agency, someone will pay him top 5 money

i'm guessing he'll get 7-9 million a year

he can be a monster if someone can control his weight and knows how to properly use running backs

plus he's 26, this is his one and only chance to hit it big, he'll go for as much money as possible

he's averaging over 5 yards per carry, among the best in the league. however he ranks 21st in attempts. in a decent running system, he's easily a top 5 back

7-9 million would put him the top 5 paid running backs. I wonder if he'll get that. He'll be coming off 2 years where he was overweight, and then possibly had a season-ending injury. Teams will probably want the contract to be high in incentives and low in guaranteed money.

Fritz
10-23-2016, 07:45 AM
I think the situation is clearer than many seem to believe. If an NFL running back can't get into shape for a contract year in which he stands to gain or lose millions of dollars - literally - then anyone who signs the guy ought to know exactly what they are getting, which is a guy who will, once signed, be even less hungry to excel and more hungry for a Whopper.

Hell, even Cletidus Hunt managed to get into shape for a year so he could get that big contract.

gbgary
10-23-2016, 10:17 AM
who said he's not in shape. he may be near as heavy as last year but his endurance and strength is much better. he not getting tired.

pbmax
10-23-2016, 10:22 AM
I agree he seems to be in much better physical conditioning.

Joemailman
10-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Lacy's conditioning is better this year, but I think he's still heavier than he should be.

Rutnstrut
10-23-2016, 12:55 PM
Lacy's conditioning is better this year, but I think he's still heavier than he should be.

IMO, that's a fine line for a guy like Lacy. If he gets too light he is can't play the way he plays, and the injuries would probably be worse.

Harlan Huckleby
10-23-2016, 01:06 PM
I disagree. Lacy gets zero benefit from lugging a spare tire around his midsection. It only puts more strain on his joints. He could lose 15 more pounds without losing an ounce of muscle or power. 15 pounds less weight is not going to make him less of a battering ram. In fact he'll just be a bit quicker and take less direct hits.

I say let Lacy walk. The era of Jerome Bettis running backs is over. Lacy is a bad gamble, other than as a modestly paid part of a rotation.

BTW, Marshon Lynch, a similar back, was better than Lacy because he had a somewhat leaner build, at least in part.

I can't argue with LAcy's productivity this year when he was healthy. But I wouldn't invest in his future.

Patler
10-23-2016, 03:14 PM
Lacy is the only player I can remember who looks trim enough in a t-shirt, but pounchy in his football uniform. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

red
10-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Lacy is the only player I can remember who looks trim enough in a t-shirt, but pounchy in his football uniform. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

really? i can walk around all day with my gut sucked in, but i soon as a get winded, i start to lose control of it

Patler
10-23-2016, 03:44 PM
really? i can walk around all day with my gut sucked in, but i soon as a get winded, i start to lose control of it

The photos have been numerous and in enough situations that your reasoning doesn't explain it, I don't believe.

Fritz
10-23-2016, 04:14 PM
I'll concede that maybe he's in somewhat better physical condition, but isn't a guy who is overweight by twenty or so pounds (in a contract year) the very definition of out-of-shape? He may have better wind, but he's not as fast nor as quick as he would be, nor could he run for as long.

I say that a guy who isn't in top physical condition in a contract year is not a good bet to be motivated once he's got the contract. I think he's the best running back the Packers have had since Ahman Green, but he's no Ahman Green. In his heyday, Green was a monster - and a fast monster.

Patler
10-23-2016, 06:00 PM
In his heyday, Green was a monster - and a fast monster.

He combined power and speed as well as anyone did. Could run through weak LB tackles, knock over DBs regularly and outrun just about anyone on the field.

I think it would be a mistake to commit a lot of guaranteed money to Lacy, and any contract should be heavy on incentives.

Fritz
10-23-2016, 06:40 PM
He combined power and speed as well as anyone did. Could run through weak LB tackles, knock over DBs regularly and outrun just about anyone on the field.

I think it would be a mistake to commit a lot of guaranteed money to Lacy, and any contract should be heavy on incentives.

I agree with you, Ted.

gbgary
10-23-2016, 08:28 PM

yup. lots of pics show this. i think the gear he wears is part of it. look at russel wilson tonight. he looks heavy but you know it's not the case.

RashanGary
10-23-2016, 08:32 PM
I'm ok with Lacy the way he was this year. I think he should get a little lighter each year though. That said, I don't trust him at all. I'd like to keep him at a medium sized deal. Nothing huge.

gbgary
10-23-2016, 08:46 PM
http://www.fototime.com/AA8E2A5F41B2508/orig.jpg