PDA

View Full Version : Official Week 8 Packers/Falcons Discussion Thread

Joemailman
10-24-2016, 06:03 PM
Packers under McCarthy are 4-2 against the Falcons, including winning the last 4. In 3 of those games, (Flynn played in 2013) Rodgers is 81-111, 1089 yards, 8 TD's, 0 INT's for a passer rating of 127.8.

Fritz
10-24-2016, 06:46 PM
Time for all of us to pile into the time warp machine and go back to 2010. Injury list mounting every game, team looking good in patches and awful for longer patches. Darkness and doom surrounding Packer Nation.

gbgary
10-24-2016, 06:58 PM
i think this is dal 2.0

Rutnstrut
10-24-2016, 07:00 PM
Time for all of us to pile into the time warp machine and go back to 2010. Injury list mounting every game, team looking good in patches and awful for longer patches. Darkness and doom surrounding Packer Nation.

It's getting worse. I just seen on Packers News on FB that Abbrederis is going on IR. Supposedly they are promoting Allison from the PS.

Joemailman
10-24-2016, 07:04 PM
It's getting worse. I just seen on Packers News on FB that Abbrederis is going on IR. Supposedly they are promoting Allison from the PS.

Dude's a badass.

http://www.medicinemangallery.com/bio/downloads/img/geronimo_1907.jpg

Pugger
10-24-2016, 07:31 PM
One good thing about the upcoming game is their pass defense blows so hopefully we can keep up and pull out a win up there.

hoosier
10-24-2016, 07:54 PM
I like the feel of this one, and precisely because things are looking so dark and gloomy. Really, with all the injuries and the discombobulated offense, this team is looking like it's going nowhere. But we've seen some spark from the defense (when it's not getting run over by the Dallas OL) and maybe being forced to drop back 65 times will force Rodgers to readjust his mechanics. If not, they will get run over by the tune of 35-3.

Pugger
10-24-2016, 11:38 PM
You think the Falcons' mighty defense can prevent us from scoring more than a FG? :lol:

vince
10-25-2016, 02:34 AM
Tevin Coleman is supposedly out with a hammy. That could be big because he could expose GB out of the backfield catching it. Assuming they can contain Freeman running with it (I think they can. He's averaging 72 yds./game), Julio is their whole passing attack without Coleman. Sanu hasn't done much at all to this point.

Their offensive line is average at best. Ryan's been sacked 18 times already - 3rd most in the league. If the pass rush can get to Ryan, they can semi-contain Jones, and the offense can put up some points against their weak secondary, I think this is a winnable game. It seems to me like a much more favorable matchup than Minnesota and Dallas anyway.

Put Gunter in press coverage on Julio with Brice's speed and physicality over the top - and get after Matty Ice. Don't turn it over for a change and I think they'll be right in this game.

If they can't somewhat contain Julio, pressure Ryan and/or fumble in the red zone - it could be a long day.

Patler
10-25-2016, 02:54 AM

This is a change with little to no impact because Abbrederis has had no impact so far.

vince
10-25-2016, 03:01 AM
It smells to me like that's why the change has been made. I'd say it's pretty unusual for a guy to go on IR with a thigh bruise.

pbmax
10-25-2016, 08:18 AM
It smells to me like that's why the change has been made. I'd say it's pretty unusual for a guy to go on IR with a thigh bruise.

Both he and Banjo probably can come back this year. But they needed the spots now.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-25-2016, 08:55 AM
Both he and Banjo probably can come back this year. But they needed the spots now.

Packers need reinforcements at RB, CB and TE, not WR and S. Thompson replaced Abberderis and Banjo with another WR and another S.

Ted's works in mysterious ways.

pbmax
10-25-2016, 09:29 AM
Packers need reinforcements at RB, CB and TE, not WR and S. Thompson replaced Abberderis and Banjo with another WR and another S.

Ted's works in mysterious ways.

The DB they brought up worked as a slot corner in camp. Not sure why 6 WRs, even after counting Monty as RB, is the new standard.

They signed new RB Davis and brought Jackson up from PS. That's two traditional plus Monty and Cobb.

Cook is still on roster, out of his boot, and probably back in next couple of weeks.

vince
10-25-2016, 09:43 AM
It's tough to sacrifice roster spots to add new guys with Randall, Cook, Starks - none of whom are special teamers - slated to return yet. I think Allison's been promoted for situational value, replacing just about the last guy on the roster with limited game day value. Evans is up for special teams replacements.

Who would you cut (and probably lose to another team) to add yet another RB, CB, or TE as temporary add? The only other guy to sacrifice would be Murphy. It's pretty clear they have future hopes for him or he'd have been cut already and stashed on the PS because he hasn't been active yet and probably won't be APRH.

I wondered whether Peanut Tillman would have anything in the tank but do you really want to cut Hawkins loose forever to pull a 39-year-old temporary band-aid out of retirement who'd probably take until Randall returns to ramp up anyway? Obviously Ted doesn't and I don't think his motivation is real mysterious.

He pulled a rabbit out of his hat with Green back in 2010 but d-line and RB are probably about the only two spots that can realistically happen. He already grabbed Knile Davis there. Not sure about Don Jackson's hand but if he can return quickly I think he shows the natural running back agility and burst that Davis' straight line power game doesn't have, and while I like what Montgomery's showing, he hasn't yet shown the ability to run inside. Those three guys each bring something a little different, and together they probably cover RB needs pretty well - at least until Starks returns anyway.

None of them are the every-down workhorse that Lacy can be but that guy isn't out there on the scrap heap to be had as far as I can see.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-25-2016, 10:07 AM
The DB they brought up worked as a slot corner in camp. Not sure why 6 WRs, even after counting Monty as RB, is the new standard.

They signed new RB Davis and brought Jackson up from PS. That's two traditional plus Monty and Cobb.

Cook is still on roster, out of his boot, and probably back in next couple of weeks.

Hyde and Burnett also play the "slot" corner. But just cos they line up at corner don't make them good corners. The two can't cover, yet Capers not only keeps playing them at corner, he also puts them in man coverage at tons a game. Pretty sure Pro Football Focus ranks these two at or near the bottom of their DB rankings. Pretty confident.

Point is, Thompson has gotta sign a true corner. There ain't many shutdown corners on the streets of Baltimore, but a so-so corner who sucks less than what the Packers currently have playing would do wonders. Cro, Trumaine McBride, Tarell Brown, Javier Arenas, Cortez Allen, Ras-I Dowling, to name a few gangstas currently available.

Regarding TE, Richard Rodgers is more fruitless than an apple tree on the North Pole. Belichick has Gronk but still traded for Bennett. With D-Rod, it's like the Packers O is operating on Windows 95. An upgrade is needed.

vince
10-25-2016, 10:12 AM
You gotta catch up and get real Tank. You're living in the past man. Bennett's not available week 7 for a two-week fix. Ted signed Cook to be that guy remember?

As far as CB goes, I'm not taking any of those guys mid-season so they can get ramped up just in time for Randall to return - and losing Hawkins permanently as a result.

And I'm not a huge Hyde fan but bringing a guy off the street mid-season to replace him for three weeks would be idiotic.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-25-2016, 10:51 AM
You gotta catch up and get real Tank. You're living in the past man. Bennett's not available week 7 for a two-week fix. Ted signed Cook to be that guy remember?

As far as CB goes, I'm not taking any of those guys mid-season so they can get ramped up just in time for Randall to return - and losing Hawkins permanently as a result.

And I'm not a huge Hyde fan but bringing a guy off the street mid-season to replace him for three weeks would be idiotic.

My points were, having 2 good TEs on your roster is not a bad idea. And D-Rod sucks; Pack def need an upgrade.

Hawkins? Last time I saw him play, he was left in the dust by a so-so receiver named Marvin Jones. Hawkins belongs on the PS, not active roster. Ted should sign Cro for the rest of the season, which would allow Capers to quit playing Hyde at corner. There oughta be a law outlawing Hyde from playing corner.

vince
10-25-2016, 11:03 AM
My points were, having 2 good TEs on your roster is not a bad idea. And D-Rod sucks; Pack def need an upgrade.

Hawkins? Last time I saw him play, he was left in the dust by a so-so receiver named Marvin Jones. Hawkins belongs on the PS, not active roster. Ted should sign Cro for the rest of the season, which would allow Capers to quit playing Hyde at corner. There oughta be a law outlawing Hyde from playing corner.
Yeah Hawkins isn't ready but I think there's enough there to hang on to for the future. He has what you can't coach and looks to me like he has the ability to get coached up.

I know Cromartie used to be a decent cover guy but he was always excessively shy about contact as I recall. And if you're getting cut in-season in favor of Rashan Melvin for the last spot, by the Colts no less, that aint good.

Smidgeon
10-25-2016, 01:09 PM
One good thing about the upcoming game is their pass defense blows so hopefully we can keep up and pull out a win up there.

Which of course means that the Falcons pass D will have a superb game.

When was the last time an opponent completely laid an egg against GB? I know that teams always try to bring their best game, but even the scrub teams seem to play well against GB.

Except the Bears. But their QB had to break an arm first. He was trying to break a leg...

pbmax
10-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Cook unlikely to be ready for Atlanta. Rollins and Jackson are maybes.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/story/1721087-injury-updates-randall-s-surgery-confirmed

pbmax
10-25-2016, 04:03 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 15s15 seconds ago
#Packers sign CB Keith Baxter to the practice squad: http://pckrs.com/2jyf

vince
10-25-2016, 04:11 PM
Not only is he not on the gangsta list, but he's a Viking castoff. Brutal.

Bossman641
10-25-2016, 04:41 PM
Where has DickRod been? Not that Cook was tearing things up but RRod has done next to nothing since he went down.

KYPack
10-25-2016, 05:09 PM
Where has DickRod been? Not that Cook was tearing things up but RRod has done next to nothing since he went down.

One of the bigger disappointments on the team.

The Falcons just signed two RB's today.

Shouldn't we be doing something like that?

Fritz
10-25-2016, 05:44 PM
Agreed, KY. The guy just disappears. And for all the talk about his weight loss, he's still as sluggish as a manatee.

Rutnstrut
10-25-2016, 09:16 PM
One of the bigger disappointments on the team.

The Falcons just signed two RB's today.

Shouldn't we be doing something like that?

Nah they have Montgomery so there is no need to worry about the backfield.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-25-2016, 09:33 PM
Not only is he not on the gangsta list, but he's a Viking castoff. Brutal.

Lol

Tony Oday
10-25-2016, 10:56 PM
We better hit Matty Ice early and often to have a chance.

vince
10-26-2016, 01:47 AM
Which of course means that the Falcons pass D will have a superb game.
When was the last time an opponent completely laid an egg against GB? I know that teams always try to bring their best game, but even the scrub teams seem to play well against GB.
Except the Bears. But their QB had to break an arm first. He was trying to break a leg...
Ignoring any opinion about the actual relative impact the Bear offensive QB situation, the Bear defense and the Packer offense had on the Packer offense's ability to move the ball - here are the teams that the Packers offense has exposed for pretty big production in the last year-long period of offensive challenges that started last year in Denver (Week 7).

The Packers offense gained over 400 yds. four times since the Denver debacle - twice last year against #6 D Carolina (402 yds. Loss, Week 8) and #17 Dallas (435 yds. Win, Week 13), and twice more so far this year against the #19 D Giants (406, Win, Week 4) and the #12 D Bears (406. Win, Week 6). Yes the Bears currently have the #12 ranked overall defense.

They were pretty much completely futile twice last year against the league’s best defense in Denver (140 yds., Loss, Week 7) and #5 D Arizona (178 yds., Loss, Week 15).

The worst game this year in terms of moving the ball was also the league’s #1 D Minnesota (263 yds., Loss, Week 2).

All other games in the last year they've gained 300 – 400 yards – against #9 D Jacksonville, #25 Detroit and #17 Dallas this year. Last year they gained 300-400 yards against #13 Minnesota, #24 Jacksonville, #18 Detroit and #14 Chicago.

With a couple exceptions where they moved it well against top 10 defenses (You might say those defenses laid an egg.) the Packers have pretty much moved it well against decent, average and below defenses – while shitting the bed against elite (top 5 or better) defenses - big-time last year but not so much this year.

Atlanta’s defense is currently ranked THE WORST of all of the last 16 regular season opponents over the last year post-Denver at #26 overall YTD, giving up 386 yds. and more than 28 pts a game.

The Packers have had well-documented issues scoring points in the red zone, but they've moved the ball into the red zone really well overall. I can’t see any reason why they shouldn’t be able to do so against the worst defense of all of them in Atlanta.

Now they have to figure out how to start punching it in with some consistency. It’s possible they could get outscored this week, but it figures to be the best opportunity in the last 16 games to start establishing some of that consistency moving forward.

gbgary
10-26-2016, 10:30 AM
Agreed, KY. The guy just disappears. And for all the talk about his weight loss, he's still as sluggish as a manatee.

jason whitten still manages to get open all the time. RR might be getting open but AR is probably looking further down the field.

pbmax
10-26-2016, 11:42 AM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers
#Packers sign C Jacob Flores to the practice squad: http://pckrs.com/ye69

Pugger
10-26-2016, 11:51 AM
I finally got to see the entire game on YouTube this morning and Phil Simms is right - AR's fine (he missed on a couple of throws but it shows he's human) but our WRs have issues getting open against man coverage. The announcers pointed out that even when given extra time by our O line AR still has trouble finding people open. Ty, Cobb and Adams had a nice game in the second half. We're gonna need more of this if we want to get a win in Atlanta on Sunday.

pbmax
10-26-2016, 12:37 PM
^ The entire game is on You Tube?

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 7m7 minutes ago
Cook, Starks and Damarious Randall not practicing. Clay Matthews and Quinten Rollins rode bikes. Don Jackson was practicing #Packers

George Cumby
10-26-2016, 02:26 PM
Ignoring any opinion about the actual relative impact the Bear offensive QB situation, the Bear defense and the Packer offense had on the Packer offense's ability to move the ball - here are the teams that the Packers offense has exposed for pretty big production in the last year-long period of offensive challenges that started last year in Denver (Week 7).

The Packers offense gained over 400 yds. four times since the Denver debacle - twice last year against #6 D Carolina (402 yds. Loss, Week 8) and #17 Dallas (435 yds. Win, Week 13), and twice more so far this year against the #19 D Giants (406, Win, Week 4) and the #12 D Bears (406. Win, Week 6). Yes the Bears currently have the #12 ranked overall defense.

They were pretty much completely futile twice last year against the league’s best defense in Denver (140 yds., Loss, Week 7) and #5 D Arizona (178 yds., Loss, Week 15).

The worst game this year in terms of moving the ball was also the league’s #1 D Minnesota (263 yds., Loss, Week 2).

All other games in the last year they've gained 300 – 400 yards – against #9 D Jacksonville, #25 Detroit and #17 Dallas this year. Last year they gained 300-400 yards against #13 Minnesota, #24 Jacksonville, #18 Detroit and #14 Chicago.

With a couple exceptions where they moved it well against top 10 defenses (You might say those defenses laid an egg.) the Packers have pretty much moved it well against decent, average and below defenses – while shitting the bed against elite (top 5 or better) defenses - big-time last year but not so much this year.

Atlanta’s defense is currently ranked THE WORST of all of the last 16 regular season opponents over the last year post-Denver at #26 overall YTD, giving up 386 yds. and more than 28 pts a game.

The Packers have had well-documented issues scoring points in the red zone, but they've moved the ball into the red zone really well overall. I can’t see any reason why they shouldn’t be able to do so against the worst defense of all of them in Atlanta.

Now they have to figure out how to start punching it in with some consistency. It’s possible they could get outscored this week, but it figures to be the best opportunity in the last 16 games to start establishing some of that consistency moving forward.

What's with all these fact, numbers and shit?

Edit: Great post.

RashanGary
10-26-2016, 02:57 PM
Well saifd, Vince. Thanks for the research!

KYPack
10-26-2016, 03:17 PM
Man, that was one King Hell post, Vince.

I'll be the third stooge in congratulating ya on that one.

Well "saifd" indeed.

Couple points.

It's still a tough road game, no matter how you slice it.

A big one we need to add to our portfolio, if this year is to amount to anything.

On Dickrod, I'm lost on this guy. There was a piece of last season where he was ARod's only guy. He was getting open and was the only one doing so. Does he need to put the weight back on? Need to get back on the same dope he was using last season? Woman trouble? What?

pbmax
10-26-2016, 03:45 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that the Packers are 16th in League scoring on offense. But they are third in the League in red zone trips.

If they figure out the red zone (a big IF) and convert more TDs, they easily move into the top ten in scoring.

pbmax
10-26-2016, 03:56 PM
Cobb and Matthews have Packer Hamstring

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvuHfUNWgAAXWer.jpg:large

pbmax
10-26-2016, 04:57 PM
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
Tampa Bay making a push to land a vet WR, sources said. Willing to move a pick and/or CB J. Banks or A. Verner for the right guy...

vince
10-26-2016, 05:35 PM
Appreciate it guys. Yeah KY it's likely to be a battle.

..to round out some of the simple stat match-up comparisons...

Falcons D - #27 pts/game, #26 yds/game, #31 passing yds/game, #9 rushing yds/game, #15 sacks/game
vs.
Packers O - #14 pts/game, #22 yds/game, #20 passing yds/game, #19 rushing yds/game, #5 ranked OL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packers D - #11 pts/game, #7 yds/game, #15 passing yds/game, #1 rushing yds/game, #7 sacks/game
vs.
Falcons O - #1 pts/game, #1 yds/game, #2 passing yds/game, #14 rushing yds/game, #28 ranked OL

gbgary
10-26-2016, 05:49 PM
Appreciate it guys. Yeah KY it's likely to be a battle.

yup...that's why i said dal 2.0

QBME
10-26-2016, 07:48 PM

Thank you.

Mrs QBME and I are travelling to Atlanta for the game, as we pick an away game every year to attend. We booked the trip during pre-season and I've been feeling pretty shitty about it lately. Then the NFL flexed the game to 3:25 PM and forced us to extend the trip another day. (Get up for first flight out Monday morning and then go to work.)

So, yes, woe is me. Need some more reasons why the Pack will pull this one out.

PBMax - please start a thread and ruminate on the overall health of the Falcons, particularly Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

pbmax
10-26-2016, 09:39 PM
Ryan's arms have always looked skinny to me. I don't know.

And Julio has to be tired after carrying Richard Sherman around for 3 hours.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-27-2016, 01:41 PM
What's up with the Claymaker? Spent two years at ILB, not once did we hear about his poor hammy. Now back at OLB, he's back to being a hammy pull a-waiting to happen.

With the bums the Pack have at corner, the Claymaker's gonna need to show up and light up in this game.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
Tampa Bay making a push to land a vet WR, sources said. Willing to move a pick and/or CB J. Banks or A. Verner for the right guy...

Trade Nelson for one of their CBs. Time to let Janis loose. :)

ESPN speculates that Joe Haden could be had for a 3rd or 4th. If that's all it takes to get Haden, what the fuck is Thompson waiting for? Plenty of cap room to absorb Haden's contract. Plus, Samwise might not play again.

KYPack
10-27-2016, 03:05 PM
He's a good hand, but...

He makes about 10 mil per. He couldn't play this week vs Atlanta, groin pull. He has only played in 4 games this season.

'15 was a lot of injuries as well.

I don't think so.

scharpcheddar
10-27-2016, 03:44 PM
I'm still taking Falcons in this one

Zool
10-27-2016, 04:01 PM
Time to let Janis loose. :).

Finally we agr.....wait you said LET him loose. My mistake.

George Cumby
10-27-2016, 07:44 PM
I think he means release Janis. Yes?

deake
10-28-2016, 11:04 AM
I see we are stuck with Troy again, is there a way to sink the radio with the TV?

pbmax
10-28-2016, 03:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cv4Z6ldVIAA8bwj.jpg:large

pbmax
10-28-2016, 03:31 PM
I see we are stuck with Troy again, is there a way to sink the radio with the TV?

Do you live in WI?

pbmax
10-28-2016, 03:42 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 20m20 minutes ago Wisconsin, USA
Cobb, Lang, Matthews and Montgomery are questionable for #Packers. Rollins is out. Otherwise, injury report filled with good news.

Joemailman
10-28-2016, 04:06 PM
Hope packers put on a good appearance. Everybody (almost) will be watching.

http://506sports.com/2016/08-FOX-L.png

deake
10-28-2016, 04:35 PM
Do you live in WI?

Yes

Harlan Huckleby
10-28-2016, 08:19 PM

The over-the-air broadcasts tend to be ahead of the TV, and are therefore useless unless you are a glutton for punishment.

Streaming radio tends to be 5 or slightly more seconds behind the TV, and that works out pretty well, since the analysis is what you want.

The WTMJ streaming website sometimes is overwhelmed during games.

I have a top secret alternate link that works in my ServeStream app. You, and only you, may use it.
http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com:80/pls/WTMJAMAAC.pls

pbmax
10-28-2016, 11:16 PM
Yes

If you get the broadcast TV version of the game going and can get WIBA out of Madison on the FM side, they delay the radio by a few seconds for the audience. It tends to sync up to the broadcast well. It will still be ahead of cable and satellite.

pbmax
10-28-2016, 11:37 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
Part of lead item: From 2008-14, #Packers led NFL in 25-yard receptions. This year? Most feeble big-play passing game in NFL.

Pugger
10-28-2016, 11:42 PM
If you get the broadcast TV version of the game going and can get WIBA out of Madison on the FM side, they delay the radio by a few seconds for the audience. It tends to sync up to the broadcast well. It will still be ahead of cable and satellite.

I suppose it wouldn't work to get WIBA on the internet for those of us outside of WI...

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2016, 05:32 AM
I suppose it wouldn't work to get WIBA on the internet for those of us outside of WI...

WIBA uses iheartradio for streaming live and podcasts, and they don't have rights to Packer games or pregame show. You can stream from WTMJ website only - plus the oddball (unauthorized?) source that I mentioned.

deake
10-29-2016, 07:37 AM
Thanks, your secret is safe with me.

pbmax
10-29-2016, 01:21 PM
Pretty sure you cannot get the game online from WTMJ directly through their website. The NFL is going to ask you make a contribution.

Harlan Huckleby
10-29-2016, 02:03 PM
Pretty sure you cannot get the game online from WTMJ directly through their website. The NFL is going to ask you make a contribution.
http://www.wtmj.com/listen-live

Nah, they do let the flagship station in the PAcker network stream. All the other stations can't. I use it every week. Only occasionally is it too crowded to get a connection.

You can only use their damn player to stream, and it doesn't work in some operating systems (flash issue?). They don't provide links to stream through apps or internet radio. That's what got me to google searching for a link that can be loaded into an android app. The one I found that works may be a legacy resource that they neglected to shut down, it is not advertised anywhere.

ps, WTMJ does have a custom app to download, but don't bother, it never works at all during games, too crowded.

pbmax
10-29-2016, 05:10 PM
http://www.wtmj.com/listen-live

Nah, they do let the flagship station in the PAcker network stream. All the other stations can't. I use it every week. Only occasionally is it too crowded to get a connection.

You can only use their damn player to stream, and it doesn't work in some operating systems (flash issue?). They don't provide links to stream through apps or internet radio. That's what got me to google searching for a link that can be loaded into an android app. The one I found that works may be a legacy resource that they neglected to shut down, it is not advertised anywhere.

ps, WTMJ does have a custom app to download, but don't bother, it never works at all during games, too crowded.

I actually find this very hard to believe. I believe you, but I have had the broadcast cut out on me as the game started. Maybe the rights have changed, I haven't tried it in years.

pbmax
10-29-2016, 05:17 PM
I don't want anyone to lose their fear of this game, but on a neutral site, the Packers are the Vegas favorite in this game (Falcons -2.5 in the dome).

Five Thirty Eight has the game at -1.5 for the Dirty Birds, with the Packers rated above Matty Ice in Elo, 1572 to 1547.

pbmax
10-29-2016, 05:31 PM
Thank you.

Mrs QBME and I are travelling to Atlanta for the game, as we pick an away game every year to attend. We booked the trip during pre-season and I've been feeling pretty shitty about it lately. Then the NFL flexed the game to 3:25 PM and forced us to extend the trip another day. (Get up for first flight out Monday morning and then go to work.)

So, yes, woe is me. Need some more reasons why the Pack will pull this one out.

PBMax - please start a thread and ruminate on the overall health of the Falcons, particularly Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

They had a Packer Game Rally tonight in Atlanta QBME. Any chance you got to see it?

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta
See more from the #PackEverywhere pep rally in Atlanta on Snapchat!

👻: packers

#GBvsATL #GoPackGo

QBME
10-29-2016, 10:05 PM
They had a Packer Game Rally tonight in Atlanta QBME. Any chance you got to see it?

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta
See more from the #PackEverywhere pep rally in Atlanta on Snapchat!

: packers

#GBvsATL #GoPackGo

Did not hear about it. We're staying about 10 minute walk from the dome and it's crazy. Second night of Adele concert at the Phillips Center, national marching band competition, just nuts.

About half the plane down this morning was Packer folks.
Will send some pics tomorrow

red
10-30-2016, 08:39 AM
oh goody

our shitty offense just got way shittier

cobb will not play today because of a hamstring injury (thats original)

and Ty, our new running back, is questionable with some illness he picked up this week.

edit, ty is expected to play now

Teamcheez1
10-30-2016, 08:48 AM
I don't want anyone to lose their fear of this game, but on a neutral site, the Packers are the Vegas favorite in this game (Falcons -2.5 in the dome).

Five Thirty Eight has the game at -1.5 for the Dirty Birds, with the Packers rated above Matty Ice in Elo, 1572 to 1547.

Top 3 CB's out, no RB's, Cobb now out, the offense sputtering, and on the road.

There is no way I would bet on the Packers. In fact, this smells like a blowout by the Falcons.

Pugger
10-30-2016, 08:55 AM
It's gonna be a long afternoon... :sad:

Joemailman
10-30-2016, 09:03 AM
We got 'em right where we want 'em. :pack:

pbmax
10-30-2016, 09:06 AM
Yeah, this is usually when things turn around mid-season!

pbmax
10-30-2016, 09:30 AM
Wilde writes that Lacy might be back by late December. Anyone know when or where that info was reported?

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-no-excuses-remains-motto-for-injury-challenged-team/article_bc0b37a4-972b-511f-9125-f9a5aed759b6.html

EDIT: Originally read September, which would have been news indeed.

Maxie the Taxi
10-30-2016, 09:39 AM
No worries about Cobb being out, we got replacement slot receivers Monty...er...Abby...er...oops.

red
10-30-2016, 09:59 AM
Guess we don't have to throw any of those pussy slants now

yetisnowman
10-30-2016, 10:59 AM
Time for the Jeff Janis show!!!

pbmax
10-30-2016, 11:11 AM
Guess we don't have to throw any of those pussy slants now

You are going to see them anyway because that is one of the two routes Janis knows. Just hope the ILB is not in his way.

pbmax
10-30-2016, 12:18 PM
Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 5m5 minutes ago
Calvin Pryor, the cure for the common pass offense.

I would boast more, but a lot of long passes have gone right by Ha-Ha while he was deep safety.

pbmax
10-30-2016, 12:40 PM
Monty and Cobb out.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Breaking Scoopage: Packers Ty Montgomery (illness) and Randall Cobb OUT today va Falcons @NFLonFOX

red
10-30-2016, 12:44 PM
LOL

Maxie the Taxi
10-30-2016, 12:53 PM
Tanner McEvoy just threw a 40+ yd pass completion for the Seahawks on a trick play (McEvoy was playing WR, took a backwards pass from QB). Last week McEvoy made a game saving block of kick. He's also a demon on special teams. Big mistake not signing that guy to a contract as a FA. I would have drafted him.

gbgary
10-30-2016, 12:55 PM
no Monty, no Cobb. what a fuckin joke!

red
10-30-2016, 12:57 PM
no Monty, no Cobb. what a fuckin joke!

.......no qb that could get then the ball if they were playing

Maxie the Taxi
10-30-2016, 12:57 PM
We still got Action Jackson, Spiderman Janis and the Fabulous Davis Boys. :glug:

red
10-30-2016, 01:00 PM
so a-rod has jordy (not back to 100%), adams (ready to make up for his big game last week), and some young guys that anton "doesn't have confidence in"

no running game at all

so, do we just take a knee every play and see what the D can do for us? thats pretty much how we've played all year anyways

gbgary
10-30-2016, 02:05 PM
now no Matthews. lol

Harlan Huckleby
10-30-2016, 02:25 PM
Tanner McEvoy just threw a 40+ yd pass completion for the Seahawks on a trick play (McEvoy was playing WR, took a backwards pass from QB). Last week McEvoy made a game saving block of kick. He's also a demon on special teams. Big mistake not signing that guy to a contract as a FA. I would have drafted him.

Ya, I had boner for McEvoy watching him play for the Badgers. He was an amazing open field runner, and a guy that tall who excels at safety is a freak. If the Badgers had committed to developing him as a WR, his natural position, he would have been a high draft pick.

Patler
10-30-2016, 02:29 PM
now no Matthews. lol

Has he been playing this year anyway? 😊;-):grin:

Smidgeon
10-31-2016, 01:53 AM
Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 5m5 minutes ago
Calvin Pryor, the cure for the common pass offense.

I would boast more, but a lot of long passes have gone right by Ha-Ha while he was deep safety.

I get the impression that HaHa still feels like he's in college, playing with his jersey halfway up his torso.

In all honesty, I'll be surprised if HHCD reups with the Packers. I have nothing to go on, but I think he'll bolt for a more glamorous town as soon as he can. Maybe it's the Eddie Murphy in him...

deake
10-31-2016, 10:55 AM
The over-the-air broadcasts tend to be ahead of the TV, and are therefore useless unless you are a glutton for punishment.

Streaming radio tends to be 5 or slightly more seconds behind the TV, and that works out pretty well, since the analysis is what you want.

The WTMJ streaming website sometimes is overwhelmed during games.

I have a top secret alternate link that works in my ServeStream app. You, and only you, may use it.
http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com:80/pls/WTMJAMAAC.pls

I went with WTMJ, they were about 30 seconds behind TV.