PDA

View Full Version : Tretter out, Linsley in

Harlan Huckleby
10-31-2016, 07:56 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2016/10/31/linsley-ready-step-if-needed/93090430/

It's always something.

Pugger
11-01-2016, 08:51 AM
I didn't know Tretter hurt his knee so thank God Linsley is ready to return!

pbmax
11-01-2016, 08:54 AM
Unbelievable.

Or rather, totally believable.

hoosier
11-01-2016, 09:31 AM
Must be one of the benefits of having the (almost) youngest team in the league.

Zool
11-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Bringing up an O-lineman in Knife Davis' spot?

gbgary
11-01-2016, 09:54 AM
Must be one of the benefits of having the (almost) youngest team in the league.

the youngest team thing hasn't done us any good. keeps us down because of inexperience.

Harlan Huckleby
11-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Unbelievable.

This is exaqctly what Tretter is mumbling to himself this morning. If Linsley would have taken another week or two to recover, Tretter would probably have held-on to the starting job for the season. Now Linsley will likely finish season as the starter.

One has to hope that Linsely is truly good to go - the incentive for him to hide injury is great. But sounds like he is well recovered.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-01-2016, 11:30 AM
I didn't know Tretter hurt his knee so thank God Linsley is ready to return!

Linsley should've been traded, along with a 1, to New Orleans for the great Jimmy Graham last season.

Barclay can fill in adequately at the 5.

Zool
11-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Linsley should've been traded, along with a 1, to New Orleans for the great Jimmy Graham last season.

Ask Russell if he agrees with this.

Rutnstrut
11-01-2016, 11:50 AM

You type dumber shit than me, that's no small task.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Ask Russell if he agrees with this.

Graham's misfit in Seattle's offense. They like to run the rock first.

J-Mike's been gone for how long? (Goddamn, I miss J-Mike!) People still talk 'bout J-Mike. How come? The fruitless Dick Rodgers isn't making anyone forget J-Mike.

Graham would be a pimp in the Pack's offense. Make '12' look like the REAL '12', Tom Brady. Like Tom and Gronk.

Upnorth
11-01-2016, 03:38 PM
You type dumber shit than me, that's no small task.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Patler
11-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Update on Tretter:

Tretter (knee) suffered a slight MCL sprain in Sunday's loss to the Falcons but sustained no damage to his ACL, Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com reports. The lineman may not miss much time, according to his agent Alan Herman, "Knowing J.C. it's not something that's going to keep him out long, if at all."

pbmax
11-01-2016, 04:08 PM
PHEW!

Pugger
11-01-2016, 06:00 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Barclay is terrible. He has no business being on this roster.

Harlan Huckleby
11-01-2016, 06:15 PM
according to his agent Alan Herman, "Knowing J.C. it's not something that's going to keep him out long, if at all."

"If at all." Gee, I wonder what the diagnosis is from Corey Linsley's agent. This is a huge problem - Linsley and Tretter both have so much at stake financially; whoever plays this Sunday may ver well end up getting starter status out of this season.

pbmax
11-01-2016, 06:28 PM
"If at all." Gee, I wonder what the diagnosis is from Corey Linsley's agent. This is a huge problem - Linsley and Tretter both have so much at stake financially; whoever plays this Sunday may ver well end up getting starter status out of this season.

I think Tretter's agent donated his MCL and some blood platelets too.

Zool
11-02-2016, 07:59 AM
Graham's misfit in Seattle's offense. They like to run the rock first.

J-Mike's been gone for how long? (Goddamn, I miss J-Mike!) People still talk 'bout J-Mike. How come? The fruitless Dick Rodgers isn't making anyone forget J-Mike.

Graham would be a pimp in the Pack's offense. Make '12' look like the REAL '12', Tom Brady. Like Tom and Gronk.

You can't help but live in the past. It's really something to watch.

pbmax
11-02-2016, 09:06 AM
You can't help but live in the past. It's really something to watch.

Just don't remind him that the contract year actually drove Jermichael clinically insane.

:::drops ball:::

Fritz
11-02-2016, 11:46 AM
maybe Tretter can become the fifth lineman and Donnie can, mercifully, watch from the sidelines.

Patler
11-02-2016, 11:10 PM
Per the Green Milwaukee Bay Journal Gazette Sentinel:

Linsley will be activated this week and start Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts because starting center JC Tretter has a knee injury that will sideline him several weeks, according to a source familiar with the injury.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2016/11/02/linemen-not-stressing-over-spread-attack/93169858/

Fritz
11-03-2016, 10:43 AM
Now that the team is running this pass-first O Skoo West Coast offense, it seems to me the more nimble Tretter would've been better suited to this kind of blocking.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Now that the team is running this pass-first O Skoo West Coast offense, it seems to me the more nimble Tretter would've been better suited to this kind of blocking.

If you watch films of the old school WCO on youtube, you rarely ever see the QB line up in the shutgun, especially the Packers under Holmgren.

With Rodgers penchant for holding the ball forever, I say that Pack are a modified "run-and-shoot" offense.

pbmax
11-03-2016, 11:08 AM
If you watch films of the old school WCO on youtube, you rarely ever see the QB line up in the shutgun, especially the Packers under Holmgren.

With Rodgers penchant for holding the ball forever, I say that Pack are now running a modified "run-and-shoot" offense.

Except for the TE out there. And the fullback.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2016, 11:20 AM
Except for the TE out there. And the fullback.

Have you read Daugherty's recent column about the offense? Cook's pretty much a glorified WR. Dick Rodgers and his fat ass belong on the bench. Rip had some success against Atlanta, but I doubt it'll last now that opponents have seen the tape.

Wait til Monty gets back. Run and shoot all day, baby!

Fritz
11-06-2016, 06:26 AM
It will be interesting today to see how Linsley fares. Sounds like, with the Colts defensive line, he'll get a chance to knock the rust off against a very pedestrian line.