PDA

View Full Version : WHICH GAME WAS YOUR BIGGEST HEARTBREAKER ???

Bretsky
11-02-2016, 09:08 PM
Bad memories thread

Curious as to which game hurt the most

Bretsky
11-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Hopefully tonight adds a new nightmare for the Cubs. It got me thinking..curious.......

What was the worst loss you can remember ? Please choose among the 4, feel free to comment, and if you would vote other list it in here.

Bretsky
11-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Hopefully tonight adds a new nightmare for the Cubs. It got me thinking..curious.......

What was the worst loss you can remember ? Please choose among the 4, feel free to comment, and if you would vote other list it in here.

THIS THREAD SEEMS TO HAVE INSPIRED CLEVELAND...........NICE HR !!!!!!!!!!

MadtownPacker
11-02-2016, 10:56 PM
Wow, what happen? You get tired of punching yourself in the nuts?

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2016, 11:08 PM
Bretsky, when you wake up tomorrow and surf around you're going to feel pretty embarrassed by the online poll you created just before passing out in a pool of tears and urine and spilled vodka & coke. At least you didn't call ex-girlfriends - wait - you don't keep those phone numbers around, do you?

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2016, 12:13 AM
I haven't taken sports so seriously the last ten years or so. I don't know what was the very worst, but the Favre years were full of deep hope and deeper pain. The times the Packers almost beat the superior Dallas teams were crushing. There was that game where Jason Garrett beat um. One regular season game they came so close to beating Troy Aikman and those cowboy animals. Besides that, there are the various Favre interception fests in the playoffs. They got boat-raced by the St. Louis Rams one time.

Oh fuck, lets not forget all those times that the underdog packers came close to upsetting Ditka's Bears. Even body-slamming McMahon wasn't enough to put them over the top. Those close-no-cigar Bear losses stung.

LEWCWA
11-03-2016, 12:29 AM
brew crew for sure, the others hurt, but I was just a kid and couldn't believe the crew got beat....

Freak Out
11-03-2016, 12:43 AM
More lol stuff. Wow...the Cubs winning is just to much for some of you flatlanders. lol

The Seattle loss hurts still..WTF? How could they lose? The fucking Bronco horse face game is a distant memory now. Still hate Davis though.

Bretsky
11-03-2016, 07:04 AM
More lol stuff. Wow...the Cubs winning is just to much for some of you flatlanders. lol

The Seattle loss hurts still..WTF? How could they lose? The fucking Bronco horse face game is a distant memory now. Still hate Davis though.

Fck the Cubs

For me it was the Badgers BB; before I kick over I want to see a NCAA title either in Badger BB or FB

That one was there for the taking. My the Dukie Coach made the refs his bitch for the final 10 minutes, and we had a couple bad plays and some unfortunate coach decisions.

That was the year to seize the moment and they didn't.

Fritz
11-03-2016, 08:45 AM

They were, for me, all awful. Equally so, I think:

The SB loss to Denver. Terrell Davis slicing through that defense like a butcher knife through soft butter.

The Seattle loss in 2014. Five minutes left in the game, you have a twelve point lead, and your safety intercepts the ball around the 35 or so. And you end up losing? Horror.

The NFC championship game, I think, loss to SF when Steve Young completed a not-complete pass to Terrell Owens, I believe. Ugh. Fucking hated that.

I can't believe you didn't mention the 4th-and-26. I threw up in my mouth on that play. And Sherman not going for it previously when Ahman Green and that offensive line had the Eagles literally on their heels.

The Giants loss in the bitter cold, when Brent threw that intereception when he had someone open five yards away over the middle. Ugh.

The San Fran playoff loss that started with Shields getting an interception return for a TD on SF's first possession - then Krappernick running and throwing crazy the rest of the game. Some ugly shit there.

My gosh, there are so, so many.

Pugger
11-03-2016, 09:29 AM

The SB loss to Denver. Terrell Davis slicing through that defense like a butcher knife through soft butter.

The Seattle loss in 2014. Five minutes left in the game, you have a twelve point lead, and your safety intercepts the ball around the 35 or so. And you end up losing? Horror.

The NFC championship game, I think, loss to SF when Steve Young completed a not-complete pass to Terrell Owens, I believe. Ugh. Fucking hated that.

I can't believe you didn't mention the 4th-and-26. I threw up in my mouth on that play. And Sherman not going for it previously when Ahman Green and that offensive line had the Eagles literally on their heels.

The Giants loss in the bitter cold, when Brent threw that intereception when he had someone open five yards away over the middle. Ugh.

The San Fran playoff loss that started with Shields getting an interception return for a TD on SF's first possession - then Krappernick running and throwing crazy the rest of the game. Some ugly shit there.

Is this the game where Rice fumbled but the zebras missed it?

Fritz
11-03-2016, 10:42 AM
Is this the game where Rice fumbled but the zebras missed it?

Yup. That's the one. Then he fumbled but the refs said he was down. A play or two later Young rifled one to Owens and Darren Sharper was thisclose to intercepting it. But he did not, of course. Heartbreak.

Freak Out
11-03-2016, 01:19 PM
Brutal stuff. All of it.

Cheesehead Craig
11-03-2016, 01:24 PM
Biggest loss for me was when in high school I was shut down by some undersized-Deion Sanders wannabe. I was on my way to a UW scholarship and this cat just was all over me. I only had 1 catch for 16 yards and that was only because the guy slipped. The memory of him still haunts me to this day.

hoosier
11-03-2016, 01:38 PM

The first loss to SF was wildcard round, not championship. It hurt, though, both because of the blown call and because the Packers had owned San Fran for three years before that happened.

I agree that 4th-and-27 should rank up there even though it wasn't a championship game. I would put 4-n-27 plus the Fumble game and the loss to Vick and Falcons (first playoff loss ever in Lambeau) as just below the others.

Jesus Christ, what a morbid thread.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Biggest loss for me was when in high school I was shut down by some undersized-Deion Sanders wannabe. I was on my way to a UW scholarship and this cat just was all over me. I only had 1 catch for 16 yards and that was only because the guy slipped. The memory of him still haunts me to this day.

I knew it. BTW, you became an actor and married a Swiss Supermodel, Darrin. Here you are in a commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfg_y0aicks

Not making this stuff up.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4120230/

Pugger
11-03-2016, 05:55 PM
You should have included the Fail Mary game in this poll.

George Cumby
11-03-2016, 06:17 PM
It's unhealthy to define yourself by your pain, lady and gentlemen. For God's sake, you aren't Lions or Browns fans.

Joemailman
11-03-2016, 06:19 PM

Darren Charles! I knew it.

George Cumby
11-03-2016, 06:22 PM

Beautiful.

Repped.

Joemailman
11-03-2016, 06:25 PM
I didn't grow up in Wisconsin, so although I was cheering for both the Brewers and Bucky, I wasn't emotionally invested in it. For me it was the Super Bowl. If the Packers win, they have a chance to be the first team to win 3 straight Super Bowls, and be the 1st team to win 3 straight NFL titles since the 1965-67 Packers. A lost opportunity that doesn't come along often.

Iron Mike
11-05-2016, 10:45 PM

The salt in the wound portion of this one for me was once listening to WDUZ, where they were questioning Sean Jones on how that game might have been different had not he and Keith Jackson retired....

Gabe Wilkins, you HUGE gaping pu$$y...

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/29392919.html

Fritz
11-06-2016, 06:21 AM
Good point, IM. The Packers decided to go all-in with Wilkins, and it did not pay off. I don't think he had that toughness factor.

I hated watching Denver on offense- or, more accurately, Green Bay on defense. They got winded and just stood around and watched Owens run by them. I hate that shit. It's harder for me to watch bad defense than bad offense.