PDA

View Full Version : Remember Josh Boyd? Could be back in NFL soon.

Patler
11-04-2016, 03:00 AM
I had forgotten about Josh Boyd. He was a decent role-filling player until he shattered his ankle early last year. JSO has an interesting article about his recovery, with details about his injury compensation and provisions of the CBA for injured players at various points in their contracts.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2016/11/03/mcginn-ex-packers-de-boyd-eyes-nfl-return/93248172/

It sounds like he will be back in the NFL at some point this year.

Joemailman
11-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Can he play cornerback?

pbmax
11-04-2016, 10:09 PM
His agent or trainer said he was 90 or 95%. If you build in an agent's positive spin, I seriously doubt he plays this year. Might get picked up, but we are almost halfway through he year and he isn't ready yet.

They really don't give a timeline where he would be done rehabbing soon.

Patler
11-04-2016, 11:37 PM
His agent or trainer said he was 90 or 95%. If you build in an agent's positive spin, I seriously doubt he plays this year. Might get picked up, but we are almost halfway through he year and he isn't ready yet.

They really don't give a timeline where he would be done rehabbing soon.

If he is at 90 or 95%, he is probably in better shape than half the DL that have been playing the last two months. I know the agent will try to drum up interest any way he can ("Sign him now, he'll be gone soon."), but he did say this:

“I will predict he will be back in the league in probably the next three or four weeks,” Edwards said. “We’re just monitoring the situation and want to try to get with a team that is going to make a Super Bowl run.”

Fritz
11-06-2016, 06:25 AM
Of course, injuries can always factor in, but at this moment, at least, there's no room for him on the Packers' roster. Hell, there's not really even any room for Christian Ringo.