PDA

View Full Version : BEARS' WRITERS DOWN ON THEIR WR's. INTERESTING ARTICLE.

gbpackfan
09-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Keeping Six Wide Receivers Not a Good Sign

Muhammad is still the only proven receiver By John M. Crist
Editor in Chief
Posted Sep 5, 2006

Just before the Bears announced their final 53-man roster this past Saturday, there was heavy speculation that either Justin Gage or Airese Currie would be pink-slipped. However, both players made the team and are now part of a largely-unproven receiving corps that is six players deep. Bear Report breaks down the split ends, flankers, and slot guys to see who can step up and make an impact.

The Bears know what they are getting with Muhsin Muhammad. Even though his numbers were just about cut in half last season after signing as a free agent from Carolina, the veteran wide receiver provides a reliable primary target and capable red zone threat. As training camp opened back on July 27th, finding a complement for the former Spartan on the other side of the field was of paramount concern.
Yet there was are, six weeks later and just a few days before opening the regular season at Green Bay this Sunday, and the receiver dilemma has still provided more questions than answers.

Who can be counted on to make a catch over the middle on third down? Who can stretch the defense vertically and open up some things underneath? Who can take a short, high-percentage pass and turn it into a big play?

Most NFL teams carry five receivers on the roster, yet the Bears will open the season with six. Now it would be nice to think that the team kept all six because they were all simply too talented, and offensive coordinator Ron Turner has a specific role in mind for half a dozen guys. That's not the case. The Bears kept six of them because they still don't really know what they have after Muhammad.

Let's take a closer peek at them and see who is most likely to make life much easier on quarterback Rex Grossman:

The Veteran
It's hard to believe that Justin Gage qualifies as the veteran of the group, but that's indeed the case despite the fact that he's still only 25 years old. Entering his fourth year out of Missouri, he caught 31 passes for 346 yards and two touchdowns last season. Gage is 6'4" and 217 pounds, a quarterback's dream and a cornerback's worst nightmare simultaneously, but he has been wildly inconsistent in his career to date and seems to battle motivation issues from time to time.

The Track Star
Bernard Berrian is a two-year player out of Fresno State who has really showed some flashes from time to time, but he has had problems staying healthy far too often. He only caught 13 passes in 11 games last season, but the former Bulldog made an impact in the playoff loss to Carolina with five grabs for 68 yards. Berrian was the breakout star down in Bourbonnais the first few weeks of training camp, but his development has been slowed once again by a disturbing pattern of soft-tissue leg injuries.

The Prototype
Mark Bradley was just starting to show what he could do last season as a rookie before blowing out his knee in Week 7 at Detroit, reeling in 18 passes for 230 yards in seven games. The Oklahoma product has looked fantastic at times in training camp, but he is still finding his way after the injury and probably won't be 100% again until 2007. Of the five players vying for the starting role opposite Muhammad, Bradley probably presents the most upside and has the potential to be effective both as a deep threat and a possession receiver.

The Speed Merchant
Airese Currie is part of head coach Lovie Smith's much-balleyhooed 'redshirt class', a 2005 draftee who missed all of last season on injured reserve. A burner still yet to make his first NFL catch, he needed arthroscopic surgery on his knee during training camp but came back to lead the team in receptions the final preseason game at Cleveland. Currie probably should have caught his first career professional touchdown last Thursday night, as well, but he dropped a pass from Grossman in the end zone.

The Wild Card
Another potential household name this season for the Bears is Rashied Davis, the former Arena Leaguer turned NFL cornerback turned NFL wide receiver. He was a star the first week of the preseason with 91 yards and a TD catch from Brian Griese, and then he wowed the Soldier Field crowd with a 100-yard kickoff return for a score the next game against San Diego. Davis has the speed and quickness to create mismatches in the slot as the #3 wideout a la Antwan Randle El, but considering he was defending passes as opposed to catching them less than a year ago, Bears fans may have to quell their expectations of the 5'9" dynamo.

Coach Smith is still yet to commit to a starter on Sunday in Green Bay, and even after we find out who it will be, any one of the aforementioned five will have a chance to make an impact. They know what they have in Muhammad, but after him, the Bears appear content to throw their current crop of receivers at the wall to see who sticks.

JC

Taken from bearsreport.com.

ahaha
09-05-2006, 08:55 PM
This has to be the worst receiving corp in the NFL. Although, San Francisco fans might argue with me on this one. No matter how good you're defense is, you still need some play-makers on offense if you're going to go deep in the play-offs.

ND72
09-05-2006, 09:05 PM
call me crazy, but if you looked at our WR corp, you'd probably think the same...Driver, only proven guy liek Muhammad....Jennings, just like Bradley....Fergy, just like Justin Gage, has a boat load a potential, but where? and the Martin, just like all the rest of their guys, he's the WHO? guy.

BEARMAN
09-05-2006, 09:55 PM
True that ! However we have THREE good RB's ! Yes "THREE" !

GO BEARS !

ND72
09-05-2006, 09:56 PM
I'll give you 2...Thomas Jones, Yes, Cedric Benson, Maybe, Adrian Peterson is a good backup...1 + 1/2 + 1/2...until Cedric proves anything.

ahaha
09-06-2006, 12:16 AM
call me crazy, but if you looked at our WR corp, you'd probably think the same...Driver, only proven guy liek Muhammad....Jennings, just like Bradley....Fergy, just like Justin Gage, has a boat load a potential, but where? and the Martin, just like all the rest of their guys, he's the WHO? guy.

I think you give way too much credit to Muhammad. He was considered "washed up" years ago. Then he had an amazing comeback season, just in time to get a nice free-agent contract from a receiver-desperate team. And, Jennings hasn't played a regular season game yet, but at this point, if you were a scout, who would you like better...Jennings or Bradley. IMO Jennings, hands down.
But, now that I think about it.....San Francisco probably has the worst receivers.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Driver is a better receiver the Muhammad.

Bradley has good potential. I know we all like Jennings, but he has to prove it in a regular season game. Is Bradley fully healthy though? I know he had an injury, but I haven't heard if he's 100%.

The rest of the wideouts are a wash, but Green Bay has a big edge at the TE position.

OS PA
09-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Driver > Muhammed - Driver is more proven to be a #1
Jennings > Bradley - Better hands, more home run potential, YAC
Ferguson < Gage - If this were a competition of who could be covered the most, Fergy would win.
Martin > Berrian - Ruvell has the hands, and is much more of a threat in the redzone, strictly speaking from a 4th reciever standpoint Ruvell is 10X better
??? < Currie - Currie wins by default seeing as we don't have a fifth option.
Franks >> Clark - Better Hands, more of a target
Martin/Lee > Gilmore/Reid - More "potential" to be a threat
Green = Jones/Benson
Gado/Herron << Jones/Benson/Peterson
Henderson >>>> McKie

OL - Bears
WR's - Packers
TE's - Packers
RB's - Bears
QB - Packers

Packers + 3
Bears + 2

The OL is the thing that matters. A shoddy O-line can make Brett look like Rex, just the same way the lack of a pass rush can make Rex look like a hall of famer.

With this said I still think we win this one. Hopefully Woodson will prove his elite status on Sunday and force Grossman to throw to his 3rd and 4th checks. With Grossman dumping it off to his back-ups it gives our LB's the chance to lay some wood, and also gives our D-line time to get to him. hopefully our Safeties can prove their worth too.

All in all, it'll be a fun game to see how our starters hold up throughout 4 quarters. The good thing about playing the Bears is your team is never out of the game.

Go Pack.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2006, 12:38 AM
I noticed that you avoided the defenses.
:D

BEARMAN
09-06-2006, 12:41 AM
ALL I am hearing is "IF" and "Hopefully" !? Boys, the wheels are falling off your wagon and farve can not fix it by himself ! You do not have enuff weapons. Must I go over it again.... One WR, One RB(that is coming off a major injury and hasn't played in a loooong time) ROOKIES everywhere, "O" line, LB, WR, OMG your gonna lose bad !

GO BEARS !

Bretsky
09-06-2006, 12:45 AM
Right now there are many if's to giving us any chance to win Sunday. I'd agree with that. Here are the key one's IMO.

If the Bears insist on playing the inconsistent and erratic Rex Grossman, we've got a shot.
If we win or tie the turvover battle, we've got a shot.
And if the game is low scoring, we've got a shot.

Those three things need to hapen for Green Bay Sunday.

BEARMAN
09-06-2006, 12:50 AM
You aint asking for much are you ? LOL

GO BEARS !

Bretsky
09-06-2006, 12:54 AM

GO BEARS !

I already know you're starting Grossman; so low scoring and turnovers. Not that much really.

It's not like we're playing Carolina or the Colts or Seattle. We're playing a team with a piss poor passing offense and a great defense. So contain the run and you've got a shot.

B

BEARMAN
09-06-2006, 01:06 AM
All I got to say is your ROOKS better bring their "A" game, cos if they dont, DA BEARS will be dinning on "cheese" Sunday !

GO BEARS !

Bretsky
09-06-2006, 01:07 AM
All I got to say is your ROOKS better bring their "A" game, cos if they dont, DA BEARS will be dinning on "cheese" Sunday !

GO BEARS !

And it wouldn't surprise me at all if we get our @sses handed to us; but I do think we have a chance. I hope it's a competive game since I'll be there.

B

Iron Mike
09-06-2006, 06:51 AM
OMG, you're gonna lose badly !

GO BAD NEWS BEARS !

Woof! Woof! :cool:

BlueBrewer
09-06-2006, 07:20 AM

GO BEARS !

Just make sure you stick around for a couple of years when the tides turn my friend, and they will turn oh yes they will turn. You may be riding high now so you go out and look to rub it in but your floundering mediocrity is waiting for you around the corner.

Creepy
09-06-2006, 07:33 AM
The sad part is we are starting two rookies at Guard and it is a better tandem than we had last year. We have Ahman Green who is a good RB. Injury aside, he is good and I think can do two things that the other Rbs in pre-season can't. Green can get to the corner on sweeps and has better burts when a hole opens. Don't discount him because of last year, he will be ok. This same Packer team with just DD as a receiving threat played the Bears tough. GB was down to 1 WR and herron was our starting RB and yet the Bears had a hard time stopping the Packer offense.

Gb now has two legitimate WRs, Franks is 100%, Green will bebetter than when he started lastyear, and as stated before the two rookie guards are better thena the one we started last year. A new blocking scheme that the Bears have not faced is also a + for GB. Nobody in the Division uses it and except for Atlanta & Denver nobody sees it.

The first half od the game wil be slow while teams feel out their offenses. The team that wins the TO battle will win it and Ithink Gb will come out strong in the second half to beat the Bears.

run pMc
09-06-2006, 08:43 AM
I think the WR corps are pretty comparable, with a slight nod to GB.
I think CHI has a better OL & D, which (along with players with NFL experience) makes them the favorites on Sunday.

I don't think CHI has the personnel to carry themselves very deep into the playoffs, and I have doubts about whether they will carry last season's success into this year. They have some disgruntled people, and I've seen them go from first to worst before. We'll see.

the_idle_threat
09-06-2006, 09:16 AM
GB is definitely better at WR. The Bears don't have a single guy who is a complete, quality starter. We have one for sure, and maybe two.

Moose was a player once, but is rumored to be washed up. DD is clearly better.

Bradley was a rookie dynamo last year---just like Jennings this year---but then Bradley blew out a knee. Coming off this serious injury, he is a question mark. I'd take Jennings over him at this point any day of the week.

Gage=Fergie.

Currie & Berrain can't seem to stay healthy. A WR does a fat lot of good for your team if he is standing on the sideline in street clothes. I'll take a healthy Ruvell Martin over this two-man M.A.S.H. unit.

Davis is raw and inexperienced and he's played less WR than Will Blackmon. Blackmon and/or Charles Woodson as emergency WRs are at least as dependable as this guy.

Dabaddestbear
09-10-2006, 07:01 PM
This has to be the worst receiving corp in the NFL. Although, San Francisco fans might argue with me on this one. No matter how good you're defense is, you still need some play-makers on offense if you're going to go deep in the play-offs.
Ok, if this is the worst WR, corp in the NFL what does that make your defense and secondary? To get to the playoffs you must first win in the regular season. Today was a start. And once again crow is served to the misinformed Packer fan.

Dabaddestbear
09-10-2006, 07:02 PM

Bradley has good potential. I know we all like Jennings, but he has to prove it in a regular season game. Is Bradley fully healthy though? I know he had an injury, but I haven't heard if he's 100%.

The rest of the wideouts are a wash, but Green Bay has a big edge at the TE position.
Muhammad was the better WR today. Got open more often and more catches.
Crow served again.

MasonCrosby
09-10-2006, 07:05 PM

Crow served again.

ok but you do understand the packers secondary did play terribly against muhammad while driver was doing it against the vaunted bears defense...

Dabaddestbear
09-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Driver > Muhammed - Driver is more proven to be a #1
Jennings > Bradley - Better hands, more home run potential, YAC
Ferguson < Gage - If this were a competition of who could be covered the most, Fergy would win.
Martin > Berrian - Ruvell has the hands, and is much more of a threat in the redzone, strictly speaking from a 4th reciever standpoint Ruvell is 10X better
Franks >> Clark - Better Hands, more of a target
Martin/Lee > Gilmore/Reid - More "potential" to be a threat
Green = Jones/Benson
Henderson >>>> McKie

OL - Bears
WR's - Packers
TE's - Packers
RB's - Bears
QB - Packers

Packers + 3
Bears + 2

The OL is the thing that matters. A shoddy O-line can make Brett look like Rex, just the same way the lack of a pass rush can make Rex look like a hall of famer.

With this said I still think we win this one. Hopefully Woodson will prove his elite status on Sunday and force Grossman to throw to his 3rd and 4th checks. With Grossman dumping it off to his back-ups it gives our LB's the chance to lay some wood, and also gives our D-line time to get to him. hopefully our Safeties can prove their worth too.

All in all, it'll be a fun game to see how our starters hold up throughout 4 quarters. The good thing about playing the Bears is your team is never out of the game.

Go Pack.
Elite status and Woodson should never be put in the same sentence. Both Starting QB's got torched today. What was that about always beng in the game? When did you feel they were still in the game? :crazy:

Dabaddestbear
09-10-2006, 07:07 PM

GO BEARS !

I already know you're starting Grossman; so low scoring and turnovers. Not that much really.

It's not like we're playing Carolina or the Colts or Seattle. We're playing a team with a piss poor passing offense and a great defense. So contain the run and you've got a shot.

B
The run was contained and you guys had no shot. By the way the Bears put up more points than Seattle, Carolina, and soon the Colts. The Colts will lose to the Giants.

Dabaddestbear
09-10-2006, 07:09 PM
GB is definitely better at WR. The Bears don't have a single guy who is a complete, quality starter. We have one for sure, and maybe two.

Bradley was a rookie dynamo last year---just like Jennings this year---but then Bradley blew out a knee. Coming off this serious injury, he is a question mark. I'd take Jennings over him at this point any day of the week.

Gage=Fergie.

Currie & Berrain can't seem to stay healthy. A WR does a fat lot of good for your team if he is standing on the sideline in street clothes. I'll take a healthy Ruvell Martin over this two-man M.A.S.H. unit.

Davis is raw and inexperienced and he's played less WR than Will Blackmon. Blackmon and/or Charles Woodson as emergency WRs are at least as dependable as this guy.
Berrian got an TD and Martin got----hold on did he even get a catch?..lol
Moose got it done and beat Harris consistantly.

MasonCrosby
09-10-2006, 07:11 PM

GO BEARS !

B
The run was contained and you guys had no shot. By the way the Bears put up more points than Seattle, Carolina, and soon the Colts. The Colts will lose to the Giants.

look you guys had a good win but don't get too cocky... especially after you played against a bad green bay defense... what happens if moose gets hurt, then your receiving corps is in trouble?

the_idle_threat
09-11-2006, 02:51 AM

Gage=Fergie.

My points stand.

Berrian got lucky and cashed in a gift from our defense. Any WR in the league would have scored the TD on that broken play---including Martin. Berrian was shut out after that. In any case, I don't doubt he has some talent ... I doubt his ability to stay healthy. What do you suppose is the over/under on how many games Berrian plays before sitting out at least one game due to injury? I'd put it at about 8, and I'll take the under.

Moose has disappeared in 4 of the past 5 seasons. He had a good game this week, but will he keep it up? History suggests not. Driver had a pretty good game too, and we can reasonably expect that to continue.

Dabaddestbear
09-11-2006, 10:24 AM

Crow served again.

ok but you do understand the packers secondary did play terribly against muhammad while driver was doing it against the vaunted bears defense...
Do you really want to keep me laughing all day at Packer statements like this?

I am sure if the search feature on here was actually some good I could find post where you were saying how much better your defense would be because of the DB's. So now you admit that Harris is trash and Woodson should have never been signed? I believe in the latter but Harris is a good DB that Moose beat to the ball even with tight coverage. Most of Moose's catches were in tight coverage. I tihnk Driver had one catch in which a DB was right there with him. I know the Bears DB's are better than the Packers, but you guys on here was trying to convince me different all the way up to this game and I am sure some will afterwards.

Dabaddestbear
09-11-2006, 10:28 AM

GO BEARS !

B

look you guys had a good win but don't get too cocky... especially after you played against a bad green bay defense... what happens if moose gets hurt, then your receiving corps is in trouble?
Dont get cocky? I am only a fan not a player. I can get cocky all I want cuz it wont affect the Bears play on the field. You say bad GB defense today but isnt that contradictory to what you were saying prior to tihs game? GB only strong suit was to be their defense. Why couldnt it just be that the Bears offense left it all on the field while the Packers defense never shold have been on that field.

Dabaddestbear
09-11-2006, 10:37 AM

Gage=Fergie.

My points stand.

Berrian got lucky and cashed in a gift from our defense. Any WR in the league would have scored the TD on that broken play---including Martin. Berrian was shut out after that. In any case, I don't doubt he has some talent ... I doubt his ability to stay healthy. What do you suppose is the over/under on how many games Berrian plays before sitting out at least one game due to injury? I'd put it at about 8, and I'll take the under.

Moose has disappeared in 4 of the past 5 seasons. He had a good game this week, but will he keep it up? History suggests not. Driver had a pretty good game too, and we can reasonably expect that to continue.

There is always going to be broken plays. Good teams and players capitalize on them and BAD teams and players specialize in being a part of them(broken plays). Berrian wasnt shut out your coverage played deep on him and left everything underneath to Moose and the Clark. One good deep pass is all you need to make a secondary respect you deep.

I understand you are looking for reasons as to why the Bears are somehow smoke and mirrors. Its like that girl you always had a crush on that you felt you had every chance in the world to score with her until she just walked up to you and slap you in your damn face and said "You are the ugliest dumb summabitch I ever new". Your hopes fade and reality sinks in that hey---life sucks!

ahaha
09-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Ok, if this is the worst WR, corp in the NFL what does that make your defense and secondary? To get to the playoffs you must first win in the regular season. Today was a start. And once again crow is served to the misinformed Packer fan.

I'll admit that the Bears might not have the worst WR's in the NFL, but how the hell does that make me misinformed? Do you think this one game proves you have decent receivers? By that rationale, you could point to the packer's performance against the Saints last year and say they were dominant at all positions. Obviously that wasn't the case.
The story of this game was Grossman looking good, the Bears defense dominating on third down, and the Bears special teams making ours look silly.
By your one game theory of evalution you must be worried about a few things. Ahman was able to run well on your defense. And, before you say he did that against a defense trying to stop the pass, realize that he was averaging over 4 ypc going into the fourth quarter, before things got completely out of hand. Also, your running game couldn't get much going, even though they were playing against constant 7 man fronts. 36 carries, quite a bit, for 109 yds and a 3.0 average. Blah.
So, by your rationale, if you thought Jones and Benson were going to run all over the Pack, then you must be "misinformed" too.
Trying to predict the future makes everybody look silly.

Dabaddestbear
09-11-2006, 12:19 PM
I'll admit that the Bears might not have the worst WR's in the NFL, but how the hell does that make me misinformed? Do you think this one game proves you have decent receivers? By that rationale, you could point to the packer's performance against the Saints last year and say they were dominant at all positions. Obviously that wasn't the case.
The story of this game was Grossman looking good, the Bears defense dominating on third down, and the Bears special teams making ours look silly.

I was judging the Bears from what I have seen in practice and preseason before the game even took place. The game only put more validity in what I was already preaching.

By your one game theory of evalution you must be worried about a few things. Ahman was able to run well on your defense. And, before you say he did that against a defense trying to stop the pass, realize that he was averaging over 4 ypc going into the fourth quarter, before things got completely out of hand.
This game was out of hand by the second half and they were still running on what should have been obvious pass plays. The game was spiraling out of control not because of what the scoreboard showed but because the Packers defense could not stop the Bears offense moving up and down the field. The Bears squandered some redzone oppurtunities but they were there all game. The Packers coaching was more than terrible. If the Packers running game was so good then whay didnt they ever score? or ever even reach the redzone? Why, because even the coaching staff knows that when the Bears had run defense was on the field the Packers got zilch and was consistnetly slammed in the backfield.

Also, your running game couldn't get much going, even though they were playing against constant 7 man fronts. 36 carries, quite a bit, for 109 yds and a 3.0 average. Blah.
So, by your rationale, if you thought Jones and Benson were going to run all over the Pack, then you must be "misinformed" too.
say it with me boys and girls-----THE BEARS DIDNT HAVE TO RUN CUZ THEY COULD PASS. They used the running game in spots mainly to set up the playaction. I predicted they would do this and they did excatly that. And the LB's and DB's fell for it everytime.

Zool
09-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Also, your running game couldn't get much going, even though they were playing against constant 7 man fronts. 36 carries, quite a bit, for 109 yds and a 3.0 average. Blah.
say it with me boys and girls-----THE BEARS DIDNT HAVE TO RUN CUZ THEY COULD PASS. They used the running game in spots mainly to set up the playaction. I predicted they would do this and they did excatly that. And the LB's and DB's fell for it everytime.
Well you've had some pretty good posts so far today, but this one sucks. 36 times is alot of carries. The one aspect of the game yesterday that was actually not horrible was the Packers run D. Kampman, Pickett and Hawk played well.

More drag downs by Barnett, but he still played ok. I wish to God he would cover the backs better in the flats. If the TE runs out, Popps is going to run with him and you have the RB on that side. Please cover him. Thank you.

ahaha
09-11-2006, 01:18 PM

I was judging the Bears from what I have seen in practice and preseason before the game even took place. The game only put more validity in what I was already preaching.

Your brilliant insight saw the crappy and sloppy play in training camp and thought it was gold? That's Kool-Aid, and one game still doesn't validify it.

By your one game theory of evalution you must be worried about a few things. Ahman was able to run well on your defense. And, before you say he did that against a defense trying to stop the pass, realize that he was averaging over 4 ypc going into the fourth quarter, before things got completely out of hand.
This game was out of hand by the second half and they were still running on what should have been obvious pass plays. The game was spiraling out of control not because of what the scoreboard showed but because the Packers defense could not stop the Bears offense moving up and down the field. The Bears squandered some redzone oppurtunities but they were there all game. The Packers coaching was more than terrible. If the Packers running game was so good then whay didnt they ever score? or ever even reach the redzone? Why, because even the coaching staff knows that when the Bears had run defense was on the field the Packers got zilch and was consistnetly slammed in the backfield.[/quote]

You're coming around to my way of thinking. My point was how one game doesn't mean your receivers are any good. I set this example of how the Bears weren't so solid in run defense, so therefore, by your evaluation standards, they must be shaky in that area.

say it with me boys and girls-----THE BEARS DIDNT HAVE TO RUN CUZ THEY COULD PASS. They used the running game in spots mainly to set up the playaction. I predicted they would do this and they did excatly that. And the LB's and DB's fell for it everytime.[/quote]

Yes, they didn't have to run because the passing game was working. But, they still tried to(36 carries) with little effect. Does that mean the Bears running game is going to suck all year? I don't think so, but by your standards of judgment, they will.

Dabaddestbear
09-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Yes, they didn't have to run because the passing game was working. But, they still tried to(36 carries) with little effect. Does that mean the Bears running game is going to suck all year? I don't think so, but by your standards of judgment, they will.
They ran the rest of the game and the entire 4th quarter as to not get anyone hurt and keep the clock running. The carries was shared between 3 backs.

Dabaddestbear
09-17-2006, 03:54 PM
This so called WR' corps has showed more than half of the WR's in the league. Berrian has showed up as the deep threat I told you all about and Moose and the TE's have been very consistant. Eating crow yet?

Dabaddestbear
09-17-2006, 03:56 PM

I think you give way too much credit to Muhammad. He was considered "washed up" years ago. Then he had an amazing comeback season, just in time to get a nice free-agent contract from a receiver-desperate team. And, Jennings hasn't played a regular season game yet, but at this point, if you were a scout, who would you like better...Jennings or Bradley. IMO Jennings, hands down.
But, now that I think about it.....San Francisco probably has the worst receivers.
Bradley is not the #2 Berrian has been since opening kickoff. And there is no scout out there that will take Jennings over the Bears #2 Berrian.
Man arent you full off of crow yet? :roll:

Dabaddestbear
09-17-2006, 03:58 PM

Ahhh, I like serving up crow to all that talk out the side of their mouths.
Next up...HarveyBangyaHead against the wall and kill yourself cuz The Bears TE's have killed in back to back games and the Packers TE's are just extra bodies on the field.

lord favre
09-17-2006, 04:08 PM

Next up...HarveyBangyaHead against the wall and kill yourself cuz The Bears TE's have killed in back to back games and the Packers TE's are just extra bodies on the field.

You fool, it's not that the Bears receivers are better, it's that the bears have a much better QB throwing them the ball.The Bears TE's and their 4 td;'s are in no way shape or form better than Franks and Martin, see how Franks cries at the end of the games? It's because he is a warrior and a great TE. Berrian also couldn't even hold Jennings jockstrap, just ask any scout in the league, those tough catches over the middle, the long TD catches are just abberations. Don't get me started on how much Moose sucks, especially when you compare him to a future HOF'er like Driver...

Dabaddestbear
09-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Driver > Muhammed - Driver is more proven to be a #1--and MuHammed hasnt?
Jennings > Bradley - Better hands, more home run potential, YACWTF is homerun potential? He aint did squat and besides you are comparing him to the Bears #3 WR...lol
Ferguson < Gage - If this were a competition of who could be covered the most, Fergy would win.Man your logic gets more flawed the more you type...lol
Martin > Berrian - Ruvell has the hands, and is much more of a threat in the redzone, strictly speaking from a 4th reciever standpoint Ruvell is 10X betterLOL...ARE YOU SERIOUS! How many yards, catches and TD's do Martin has? Man you by far the most troubled Packer fan on here by far.
Franks >> Clark - Better Hands, more of a targetuh, like the Berrian argument ---WTF has Franks did this season but block? we have 3 different TE's that has produced for us in these past two games.
Martin/Lee > Gilmore/Reid - More "potential" to be a threatsee above rebuttal
Green = Jones/Benson
Henderson >>>> McKieMcKie stands out more than Henderson all day

both running games is nothing to write home about but the Bears passing game has been so solid who cares?

OL - Bears
WR's - Packerssee above
TE's - Packerssee above
RB's - Bears
QB - Packersuh, whos rating is better and what QB has been more better?

Packers + 3
Bears + 2

Go Pack.

Just had to come back to serve you more crow just for the heck of it....lol

Dabaddestbear
09-17-2006, 04:11 PM
My points stand.

I need to ask Berrian for that 4leaf clover he keeps in his back pocket then..lol. By the way Moose is keeping it up like Viagra---Still.

lord favre
09-17-2006, 04:12 PM
The good thing about playing the Bears is your team is never out of the game.
Go Pack.

Yeah, 2 games and the Bears really had to sweat out the outcome, good thing about playing the bears is that you're never out of the game...until the second quarter starts...

Dabaddestbear
09-17-2006, 04:15 PM

You fool, it's not that the Bears receivers are better, it's that the bears have a much better QB throwing them the ball.The Bears TE's and their 4 td;'s are in no way shape or form better than Franks and Martin, see how Franks cries at the end of the games? It's because he is a warrior and a great TE. Berrian also couldn't even hold Jennings jockstrap, just ask any scout in the league, those tough catches over the middle, the long TD catches are just abberations. Don't get me started on how much Moose sucks, especially when you compare him to a future HOF'er like Driver...
Is that what that crying was? I always thought after I beat the crap out of someone they would cry cuz they were hurt and didnt want no more. Jennings over Berrian...LOL! Show me a recent scout clip with a link that would say so. Man did you have too many to drink after the lost today?

lord favre
09-17-2006, 04:17 PM

Is that what that crying was? I always thought after I beat the crap out of someone they would cry cuz they were hurt and didnt want no more. Jennings over Berrian...LOL! Show me a recent scout clip with a link that would say so. Man did you have too many to drink after the lost today?

Wow, umm the sarcasm meter store called and said yours is fixed and ready for pick up, not a moment to soon either.

(shhh, don't tell anyone here but I'm a Bear fan)

Dabaddestbear
10-13-2006, 02:05 PM

GO BEARS !

B

THe Answer--Berrian.

Chester Marcol
10-13-2006, 02:30 PM
THe Answer--Berrian.

I don't remember anyone asking about enimas.

But seriously, he looked good from what I saw of him against Seatle.

ahaha
10-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Thanks to the emmergence of Berrian, this group of WR's doesn't look half bad anymore. I'll be starting him in fantasy football until Grossman gets hurt again.