PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Lacy

Patler
11-08-2016, 03:45 AM
I saw an article, and forgot to note which one it was, that said the Packers aren't really counting on Lacy being back this season. Possibly for the playoffs, but not likely.

He may have played his last game for the Packers.

red
11-08-2016, 06:21 AM
the guy spent the whole offseason "getting in shape", and only lost 5 pounds or so

which he's gained it all back during the season while working out everyday

can you imagine how fat and out of shape he's gonna be after doing nothing but eating on IR for a couple months?

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Back in the day, players didn't feel the need to look all chiseled or whatever, and they played just as good and it seems, at least, got injured less. Maybe Lacy is a throwback to that.

Anyway, I like the Packers offense better without Lacy. When he was there, damn McCarthy forced a run-first style and took the ball out of Aaron Rodgers' hands way too much. If they would have the good sense to pass-first and run the style they do now with Montgomery with Lacy playing (assuming our receivers could ever beat man coverage), then things might be better, but that would be expecting good sense from McCarthy, so I doubt it would happen.

Teamcheez1
11-08-2016, 08:17 AM
Lacy can be a good player and help this team. He is making a little over $1M in the last year of his contract. Are we that worried about his future health and ability to not consider offering him a contract? Perhaps he and his agent would not accept an incentive laden deal. Our cupboard is bare in terms of RB's if Lacy leaves. We will be forced to the draft or free agency.

What is he worth on the open market?

Patler
11-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Two years ago, Lacy was positioned to receive a nice contract. I'm not sure a long term deal will be easy for him to get after the past two years. He played well this year, ran as well as he ever has, but there has always been an injury concern with Lacy. Missing almost 3/4 of the season will be a red flag for many teams.

Tony Oday
11-08-2016, 08:29 AM
Fat boy can't lose weight or stay motivated I'm a contract year why the hell would we pay him?

Cheesehead Craig
11-08-2016, 09:30 AM
Big fan of Dalvin Cook from FSU. Has plenty of speed and agility with a decent amount of power. Just draft him and let Lacy go or bring him back as a secondary back.

gbgary
11-08-2016, 09:49 AM
that sounds like something uttered/written/posted just to generate clicks/mentions/hashtags/comments/chatter/posts. not that tt has been brilliant this season or anything but they'd be stupid not to bring him back as soon as medically possible.

Maxie the Taxi
11-08-2016, 09:49 AM
LaGarrette Blount has played in 8 games, gets 3.8 yds/carry and has scored 9 TD's.

Eddie Lacy has played in 5 games, gets 5.1 yds/carry and has scored 0 TD's.

What does it all mean???

Patler
11-08-2016, 09:57 AM
LaGarrette Blount has played in 8 games, gets 3.8 yds/carry and has scored 9 TD's.

What does it all mean???

AR likes to pad his stats with short TD passes?
Green Bay has an anemic plan for short yardage?
MM talks "run, run run" but rarely follows through?

Maxie the Taxi
11-08-2016, 11:07 AM
I seem to remember Blount was a FA a few years back and out of favor, kind of a problem child. Hoody picked him up for a song. It would be ironic if the same thing happened to Lacy.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-08-2016, 11:31 AM
Green Bay has an anemic plan for short yardage?

To quote myself, "Starks and Lacy can't gain a yard when a yard is needed to save Tyrion Lannister's life, and everyone knows run is a-coming."

In other words, Starks and Lacy are Hades-awful short-yardage backs. They're slow hitting the hole, allowing defenders time to penetrate the a, b, c, d and e gaps. And to quote myself, "Action Jackson would make a great short-yardage back. Dude's fast and furious at hitting holes for positive yardages. Sometimes patience is needed to hit a home run, but in short yardage situations, just dash hard toward the LOS and fall forward, yo!"

Anti-Polar Bear
11-08-2016, 11:36 AM
At 4-4 and going nowhere, I say tank the season to draft Leo Fournette. Dude looks like he's gonna be the 2nd coming of the Switch Hitter.

woodbuck27
11-08-2016, 06:21 PM

What does it all mean???

Opportunity meets success.

Bretsky
11-08-2016, 06:38 PM

What does it all mean???

Hoody Genius and Hoody Genius Jr maximize what they have in uniform and we do not ?