PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 Titans Talk

pbmax
11-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
New from JSOnline and PackersNews: Packers practice: Starks, Cook going full tilt http://feeds.feedblitz.com/~/222402026/0/milwaukee/packers~Packers-practice-Starks-Cook-going-full-tilt/ … #Packers

That Mariota sure is dreamy!

http://www.titansonline.com/assets/images/imported/TEN/photos/Article_Images/2014/10-October/mariota600-050215.jpg

pbmax
11-09-2016, 03:57 PM
Alex Gelhar ‏@AlexGelhar 6m6 minutes ago
From today, @RapSheet says plan for Packers is to make James Starks the featured back as soon as this week: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000736643/Rapoport-Packers-plan-to-make-James-Starks-the-primary-RB-this-week …

pbmax
11-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago Green Bay, WI
Damarious Randall practiced today. Here's some of what he had to say:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/story/1726160-randall-encouraged-about-comeback

he also said he didn't rush his comeback from the original groin injury. Randall suffered the injury vs. Detroit in Week 3. After a Week 4 bye and being a Week 5 inactive, he returned to play against the Cowboys in Week 6 -- knowing that he'd need surgery at some point.
"Coming back just confirmed that," he said.

pbmax
11-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Same source as above:

The only players who didn’t practice during the portion of practice open to reporters were outside linebacker Clay Matthews (hamstring/personal), guard T.J. Lang (hip), center J.C. Tretter (knee) and defensive tackle Letroy Guion (unknown). Matthews missed a second consecutive game last week because of a hamstring injury. He had a setback on Friday, which left him on the inactives list for the third time this year.

pbmax
11-09-2016, 04:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw2px61WEAA_5k7.jpg:large

Bretsky
11-09-2016, 07:11 PM
I think I probably need to start Mariotta over Rivers and Cousins this week given the matchups

Cheesehead Craig
11-10-2016, 07:41 AM
Starks was a limited participant, although it had nothing to do with injury.

pbmax
11-10-2016, 07:45 AM
Starks was a limited participant, although it had nothing to do with injury.

C'mon, that's not very neighborly. I just realized my posts say that Randall did and did not participate in practice. So I should clarify that the video accompanying his story showed him doing drills, which is what he was probably limited to. No team stuff, all off to the side.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-10-2016, 08:45 AM
That Mariota sure is dreamy!

Mariota is gonna be a pimp in the league for a long time. Has the arm and the legs to be the best duel-threat QB since Kap.

For some reason, Tennessee runs the "Power to the Prowler" offense, you know, that run-first, power-running offense Houston Nutt made famous at Murray State. Mariota needs to be in a Chip Kelly offense to fully blossom into a superstar QB.

Rutnstrut
11-10-2016, 09:59 AM
Clay Mathews did not participate- Hamstring/personal. I told you he was down with menstrual cramps. Someone should have the trainers give him some Midol.

KYPack
11-10-2016, 10:38 AM
Actually Tank, Chip Kelly's offense is the reason that the Titans have a solid running game. In reverse. Kelly's insistence on shoe-horning DeMarco Murray into an offense that he was ill-suited for is the reason that the
Titans have one of the top running games in the NFL.

Titan's HC Mike Mularky is a fan of the same kind of O I like. A power I with a varied passing game. The problem was that Tenn's running game sucked. A poor OLine and average backs yielded no running game and young Mariotta was spending a large amount of time running for his life.

So, they fixed it all. Drafted a solid young RT with their #1 pick. Moved last year's RT to RG, a job he could handle. Went out on the market and got an established vet to play center. Took some of the best of last year's parts and came up with a LT and LG. Then, they brought in one of the league's best OLine coaches, HOFer Russ
Grimm. Grimm has long been known for his ability to build cohesive and nasty OLine's.

They still needed an I Back. Murray was the NFL's player of the year in 2014. Gained over 1800 yards rushing & was simply great. But he must have a stupid agent. He signed with Philly to be a back in Kelly's go-go college circus offense. An offense that values quick paced plays, but runs exactly zero deep I back rushes. And Murray sucked. it wasn't his scheme. In the off season, Philly couldn't wait to get rid of Kelly and DeMarco Murray.

Tennessee then got Murray in one of the great trades of the off season. They swapped 4th round picks with Philly. But from Philly they got a 4th AND DeMarco Murray. IOW, a dump job.

Now the Titans line up and run Y Right 30 BOB until you stop it. When you stop that play, they go where you moved people to make the adjustment and get some seal blocks with alleys over there. Young Marcus Marriota now has some time to do his thing and isn't running for his life.

The same transition that Tennessee made, I'd like to see the G&G make.

This will be a tough game for us on the road the Titans are even tougher than the Colts and this could well be our last chance to hang in there. The big card we can hang onto is the weak NFC North.

Maxie the Taxi
11-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Great post, KYPack! Thanks. Another game coming up, I fear, where GB's weaknesses will be exposed.

gbgary
11-10-2016, 11:40 AM
this is the first of 3 consecutive must wins!

Anti-Polar Bear
11-10-2016, 11:41 AM
Actually Tank, Chip Kelly's offense is the reason that the Titans have a solid running game. In reverse. Kelly's insistence on shoe-horning DeMarco Murray into an offense that he was ill-suited for is the reason that the
Titans have one of the top running games in the NFL.

Titan's HC Mike Mularky is a fan of the same kind of O I like. A power I with a varied passing game. The problem was that Tenn's running game sucked. A poor OLine and average backs yielded no running game and young Mariotta was spending a large amount of time running for his life.

So, they fixed it all. Drafted a solid young RT with their #1 pick. Moved last year's RT to RG, a job he could handle. Went out on the market and got an established vet to play center. Took some of the best of last year's parts and came up with a LT and LG. Then, they brought in one of the league's best OLine coaches, HOFer Russ
Grimm. Grimm has long been known for his ability to build cohesive and nasty OLine's.

They still needed an I Back. Murray was the NFL's player of the year in 2014. Gained over 1800 yards rushing & was simply great. But he must have a stupid agent. He signed with Philly to be a back in Kelly's go-go college circus offense. An offense that values quick paced plays, but runs exactly zero deep I back rushes. And Murray sucked. it wasn't his scheme. In the off season, Philly couldn't wait to get rid of Kelly and DeMarco Murray.

Tennessee then got Murray in one of the great trades of the off season. They swapped 4th round picks with Philly. But from Philly they got a 4th AND DeMarco Murray. IOW, a dump job.

Now the Titans line up and run Y Right 30 BOB until you stop it. When you stop that play, they go where you moved people to make the adjustment and get some seal blocks with alleys over there. Young Marcus Marriota now has some time to do his thing and isn't running for his life.

The same transition that Tennessee made, I'd like to see the G&G make.

This will be a tough game for us on the road the Titans are even tougher than the Colts and this could well be our last chance to hang in there. The big card we can hang onto is the weak NFC North.

So, in a nutshell, you want the Pack to run the 90's Cowboys' OBSOLETE I-formation offense? Better hope Pack tank the season and finish 4-12. Cos 4-12 would give Pack a great shot at Leo Fournette, the next great Switch Hitter.

'Tis the 21st century. The run-n-shoot's hip again. Spread 'em out out of the 'gun'. Gunsling it all day. Mariota is a natural-born spreadslinger. In Tennessee's current offense, he's a caged beast, a glorified game-manager. Mariota would shine brighter than the north star in a Chip Kelly-offense.

KYPack
11-10-2016, 03:24 PM
What would I change in the Packer offense? I'd change the foot position of the D Lineman we face. When the opponent rush men drop that back foot back, knock them on their asses. Aggressive blocking at the point of attack. This Sunday, you will see the Titans OLineman firing out and hitting their opposite number. Even their pass pro is done from an aggressive viewpoint.

We run too much old fashioned zone blocking. On a majority of run plays, Our OLineman's first step is lateral. Fire out and fire up. Go after the opposite number in proactive manner. Run and pass the ball in a balanced offense.

What offense do I prefer? A balanced attack that dictates to the defense. Watch NE when opposing DLineman drop that back foot in a trackman's stance to better get after Brady. In comes Blount and the Pats lineman fire out and knock the shit out of them. Then the Dlineman square up their stances and Brady goes back to mixing his plays, some runs, some passes.

Run an old school I? That takes the right personnel groupings. Tenn was able to snarf up an All Pro RB. they re-tooled their line and have a top hand at I Back. it's working like a champ. Demarco Murray is #2 in the league in rushing. he's already gained more yards this year than he did last year. (For Chip Kelly, the offensive genius?)

Speaking of Chip Kelly, let's ask Marcus mariotta if he wants to go play for Kelly. The 49ers have the 32nd and 33rd rank QB's on their team. They are at the stone bottom in most categories. They have won 1 game and will be lucky to finish with 3 victories.

Mariotta is doing fine and dandy right where he is.

gbgary
11-10-2016, 05:54 PM
This Sunday, you will see the Titans OLineman firing out and hitting their opposite number. Even their pass pro is done from an aggressive viewpoint.

often wondered why we don't do this.

Teamcheez1
11-10-2016, 06:30 PM
Clay Mathews did not participate- Hamstring/personal. I told you he was down with menstrual cramps. Someone should have the trainers give him some Midol.

It sure sounds like Matthews is going to be out awhile.

ThunderDan
11-10-2016, 07:39 PM
It sure sounds like Matthews is going to be out awhile.

Having fucked my hamstring up once in my life, you never know with that injury. You can feel fine for days in a row and then you just make the wrong sudden movement and you are back to square one. It took me longer to completely heal after my hamstring pull then when I blew my ankle apart playing basketball.

pbmax
11-11-2016, 09:54 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 18s18 seconds ago
#Packers coach Mike McCarthy tells reporters they've already listed LB Clay Matthews (hamstring) as out. He'll miss another game

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago Ashwaubenon, WI
Things looking up for Starks and Cook - MM seemed more optimistic for Starks. Saturday key for Cook.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
McCarthy: No limitations for Randall Cobb this week. #GBvsTEN

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2m2 minutes ago Ashwaubenon, WI
Cobb is healthy and ready for full-time role. MM won't rule out Randall - looked good in return to practice yesterday.

BE HAPPY, BUT STUNNED, TO SEE RANDALL THIS WEEKEND

Anti-Polar Bear
11-11-2016, 10:33 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 18s18 seconds ago
#Packers coach Mike McCarthy tells reporters they've already listed LB Clay Matthews (hamstring) as out. He'll miss another game

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago Ashwaubenon, WI
Things looking up for Starks and Cook - MM seemed more optimistic for Starks. Saturday key for Cook.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
McCarthy: No limitations for Randall Cobb this week. #GBvsTEN

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2m2 minutes ago Ashwaubenon, WI
Cobb is healthy and ready for full-time role. MM won't rule out Randall - looked good in return to practice yesterday.

BE HAPPY, BUT STUNNED, TO SEE RANDALL THIS WEEKEND

How much are they paying the Claymaker? Jesus H. Muhammad, Claymaker's a milksop. Softer than an impotent rooster.

Randall, his game was Hades-awful prior to the groin thing. There's no reason to believe he'll start balling like a pimp once he returns. Another Thompson high pick bust.

Starks, healthy or not, is running like a 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass with a bad engine. He's washed-up.

mmmdk
11-11-2016, 10:36 AM
Should be a close game but I want change in Packer land. Alas, I do love when Packers win so I guess you can call it a win-win scenario and in the weeks to follow.

Joemailman
11-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Northwest Wisconsin Packer fans who don't have NFL Sunday Ticket will be hitting the bars.

http://www.packers.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/article_images/2016/11-november/161109-tv-map-950.jpg

Pugger
11-11-2016, 11:00 AM
Thank god we got a sling box so we won't be stuck with the Bucs and Bears game on Sunday.

Patler
11-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Why the blue island in NW California?

CaptainKickass
11-11-2016, 12:41 PM
Why the blue island in NW California?

Isn't that Aaron Rodgers Hometown/area?

pbmax
11-11-2016, 12:56 PM
Thank god we got a sling box so we won't be stuck with the Bucs and Bears game on Sunday.

What channels do you get football on? Is Sunday Ticket on it?

Freak Out
11-11-2016, 02:44 PM
Glad to see we'll have it here.

Fritz
11-11-2016, 02:44 PM
My cousin is flying me and his brother to Pittsburgh to see the Cowboys at the Steelers. Should be some good, clean, fun. My cousin is, sadly, a Cowboys fan. But I guess I will be seeing what a really good team looks like.

I'm not feeling too good about this version of the Packers. They seem to lack a star at receiver, though not from a lack of Ted trying. Montgomery, Cobb, Adams - pretty high picks. But nobody has picked up the mantle after Jordy went down. Not even Jordy.

pbmax
11-11-2016, 03:04 PM
My cousin is flying me and his brother to Pittsburgh to see the Cowboys at the Steelers. Should be some good, clean, fun. My cousin is, sadly, a Cowboys fan. But I guess I will be seeing what a really good team looks like.

I'm not feeling too good about this version of the Packers. They seem to lack a star at receiver, though not from a lack of Ted trying. Montgomery, Cobb, Adams - pretty high picks. But nobody has picked up the mantle after Jordy went down. Not even Jordy.

I'd root for Bane to show up in that case.

pbmax
11-11-2016, 03:08 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3m3 minutes ago Ashwaubenon, WI
James Starks and Micah Hyde are questionable for Sunday. Cook doubtful. Randall and Matthews out. Cobb removed from injury report #packers

pbmax
11-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
On practice squad, Burks is out. TE Beau Sandland in. My opinion is worthless but I thought a good prospect. Montana St. Via Miami.

Joemailman
11-11-2016, 06:23 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
On practice squad, Burks is out. TE Beau Sandland in. My opinion is worthless but I thought a good prospect. Montana St. Via Miami.

Beau Sandland
School: Montana State
Position: TE
Positive: Miami of Florida transfer who finished with 37 receptions, 632 yards and 9 TDs as a senior. Well-rounded tight end effective as a blocker and short range pass catcher. Bends his knees, blocks with proper pad level and explosive at the point. Fires into blocks, stays with assignments and controls opponents once engaged at the point. Quick out to the 2nd level adjusting to linebackers then knocking them from the action. Consistent pass catcher adjusting to the errant throw, looking the pass in and fighting to pick up yardage after the catch.
Negative: Does a bit of body catching at times. Average quickness and speed in his game. Poor route runner.
Analysis: Sandland was a terrific blocker on the college level and competent pass catcher which will result in him making a roster as a 3rd tight end.

Pugger
11-12-2016, 07:46 AM
What channels do you get football on? Is Sunday Ticket on it?

We get every channel my brother -in-law gets on cable up in Green Bay via the Internet. We use it to watch all Packers, Badgers and Brewers games not shown nationally (he doesn't have the B1G network so if the Badgers are on there we are out of luck).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slingbox

woodbuck27
11-12-2016, 10:17 AM
http://blog.packers.com/2016/11/09/mike-mccarthy-our-guys-will-bring-it/

“It’s going to be a hell of an afternoon,” McCarthy said. “We don’t play these guys (often), there’s a lot of newness. Our guys will hit the video harder than they ever have this week.”

So...in all the time he's been the Packer HC... MM is ensuring Packer Nation that the players will be attending to watching video more than they ever have before.

Such utter horseshit !

gbgary
11-12-2016, 10:59 AM
dal 3.0

Anti-Polar Bear
11-12-2016, 11:28 AM
http://blog.packers.com/2016/11/09/mike-mccarthy-our-guys-will-bring-it/

“It’s going to be a hell of an afternoon,” McCarthy said. “We don’t play these guys (often), there’s a lot of newness. Our guys will hit the video harder than they ever have this week.”

So...in all the time he's been the Packer HC... MM is ensuring Packer Nation that the players will be attending to watching video more than they ever have before.

Such utter horseshit !

Here in the USA, we Americans call it bullshit. :)

Fritz
11-12-2016, 01:11 PM
Beau Sandland
School: Montana State
Position: TE
Positive: Miami of Florida transfer who finished with 37 receptions, 632 yards and 9 TDs as a senior. Well-rounded tight end effective as a blocker and short range pass catcher. Bends his knees, blocks with proper pad level and explosive at the point. Fires into blocks, stays with assignments and controls opponents once engaged at the point. Quick out to the 2nd level adjusting to linebackers then knocking them from the action. Consistent pass catcher adjusting to the errant throw, looking the pass in and fighting to pick up yardage after the catch.
Negative: Does a bit of body catching at times. Average quickness and speed in his game. Poor route runner.
Analysis: Sandland was a terrific blocker on the college level and competent pass catcher which will result in him making a roster as a 3rd tight end.

You sure this wasn't the scouting report on Justin Perillo?

pbmax
11-12-2016, 05:44 PM
I would like a guy who is a receiver who knows how to run routes. It didn't work out with Abby, but no reason to stop trying.

pittstang5
11-12-2016, 08:48 PM
dal 3.0

Yup.

and i'll still be on here; watching, bitching and cursing tomorrow.

This one is gonna suck tomorrow.

Freak Out
11-12-2016, 10:55 PM
I think it starts tomorrow. The offense is going to light the Titans up.

Pugger
11-13-2016, 09:06 AM
Yup.

and i'll still be on here; watching, bitching and cursing tomorrow.

This one is gonna suck tomorrow.

I'm not expecting much so if we lose I'm not going to lose it -- unless we show up listless and flat like we did against Indy. We are short handed at RB and CB but the tenor of the team last weekend was unacceptable and why so many suspect McCarthy is losing his team. I'll be watching the attitude and body language of the players as well as I can from my sofa.

Freak Out
11-13-2016, 12:43 PM
I think it starts tomorrow. The offense is going to light the Titans up.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!

Pugger
11-13-2016, 05:47 PM
I was wrong. It isn't attitude. I think they tried. But they are an undisciplined bunch with poor fundamentals. Hell, the WI Badgers look better than this group. And I lay the blame for this at the foot of the coaches. The players keep making the same screw-ups every week and Mac and the rest of the coaches keep saying they will fix it but they can't.

KYPack
11-13-2016, 07:20 PM
I'll respond to a thoroughly stupid post from Tanky Belle...

"So, in a nutshell, you want the Pack to run the 90's Cowboys' OBSOLETE I-formation offense? Better hope Pack tank the season and finish 4-12. Cos 4-12 would give Pack a great shot at Leo Fournette, the next great Switch Hitter.

'Tis the 21st century. The run-n-shoot's hip again. Spread 'em out out of the 'gun'. Gunsling it all day. Mariota is a natural-born spreadslinger. In Tennessee's current offense, he's a caged beast, a glorified game-manager. Mariota would shine brighter than the north star in a Chip Kelly-offense. "

How'd an I formation as a base O look today Tanky?

Is it still retarding Mariotta's growth as a QB?

Learn the game, fool.

It's gonna be a tough slog, Pug. Some parts aren't developing, others are aging. It would take a miracle to put a good cast together with this bunch. the only thing keeping us somewhat alive is the pathetic NFC North.