PDA

View Full Version : Please Tell Me The Point Of This Article

pbmax
11-13-2016, 09:05 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2016/11/11/finding-proper-leaders-challenges-packers/93642140/

Because it seems to me to be saying, that yelling as motivation works for some, is OK for some and doesn't work for others. It then lists 3 veteran players as non rah-rah leaders, people who style might work for someone who doesn't need yelling.

But it makes no coherent case that more yelling is needed. An example of unproductive yelling from last year is provided.

Then were are treated to a list of past leaders from teams that have had better seasons. How they led is not covered in detail. Not is it compared to how the current team is led. Except to say people didn't dismiss them when they spoke. I find that hard to believe given that any team will not respond in a uniform way with 53 individuals on the roster.

Basically, its an article that begs for more Mike Daniels. Well hallelujah, we found the problem. More talent helps.

Nothing in this long winded article, with (credit due) quotes, has anyone agreeing with him. Nor does it make a case that motivation, leading and emotionalism is the missing ingredient.

Bob has written a professional take that the Packers have been flat. A wonderful discovery on a 4-4 team. Its as bright as teh Game Day thread whenever the Packers allow a score or big play early. WITHOUT FAIL, the team is pronounced flat.

Reverse causation my friends. If the Packers were emotions after every setback, do you know what Bob would write? That they panic and cannot handle adversity.

woodbuck27
11-13-2016, 09:29 AM
I'm not at all certain what the articles author is endeavouring.

Just a comment:

I've never seen an example in my many years of playing sports when yelling after a result does any good.

The Packers are Professionals and will respond today as Pro's to defeat the Tennessee Titans.

It's the tale of the scoreboard not yelling that will see the best result.