PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Week 10 @ Titans

pbmax
11-13-2016, 03:22 PM
I give up. Will be fine to have this be the earliest (terms of game time) that this thread has ever appeared.

Lang and Ryan have ankle injuries. Burnett and Gunter got hurt but came back in.

Bach hurt his knee.

Maxie the Taxi
11-13-2016, 03:35 PM
Who said we had to win two of these road games to make the playoffs? Now we've lost one of them, after losing to the Colts and we've still got the Redskins and Eagles.

Anyone think we're going to lose five in a row?

red
11-13-2016, 03:36 PM
at this point

a-rod

31-51 for 371 yards. 2 td's and 2 ints

qb rating of 79.8

against a not very good titans team

Maxie the Taxi
11-13-2016, 03:38 PM
I'd take the Titans talent right now in exchange for the Packers.

Joemailman
11-13-2016, 03:39 PM
at this point

a-rod

31-51 for 371 yards. 2 td's and 2 ints

qb rating of 79.8

against a not very good titans team

True but you become one dimensional when your defense gives up TD's on the opponent's first 4 possessions. This TEAM sucks right now.

Freak Out
11-13-2016, 03:40 PM
How many injuries today?

red
11-13-2016, 03:41 PM
How many injuries today?

a lot

4 or 5 big ones i think

Anti-Polar Bear
11-13-2016, 03:42 PM
This TEAM sucks right now.

Queens lost for the 4th str8t time, so keep your negativity out of this forum!

beveaux1
11-13-2016, 03:46 PM
Who said we had to win two of these road games to make the playoffs? Now we've lost one of them, after losing to the Colts and we've still got the Redskins and Eagles.

Anyone think we're going to lose five in a row?

I sure think we could. We won't be favored in either game if anyone's watched us play the last 3 games.

Maxie the Taxi
11-13-2016, 03:49 PM
I sure think we could. We won't be favored in either game if anyone's watched us play the last 3 games. Philly beat Atlanta today and Washington beat the Vikes. (Well the Vikes are worse than us so maybe that doesn't matter.)

Joemailman
11-13-2016, 03:52 PM
Queens lost for the 4th str8t time, so keep your negativity out of this forum!

Got my application for Packers playoff tickets yesterday. Should I send it in? :cnf:

Rastak
11-13-2016, 03:55 PM
Philly beat Atlanta today and Washington beat the Vikes. (Well the Vikes are worse than us so maybe that doesn't matter.)

They had the ball with a chance to win it. I'm not so sure they are worse than you.

beveaux1
11-13-2016, 04:01 PM
They had the ball with a chance to win it. I'm not so sure they are worse than you.

I'm not either.

SMBASS
11-13-2016, 04:08 PM
Personally I don't give a damn about other teams like the Vikes if my team sucks ass. I just don't take any solace from being able to say, "But team xxxx sucks too!" If you're going to be the best you eventually have to beat the best of the rest. Let that shit sort itself out. I'm still ready to blow it all up and start over. Getting into the playoffs and losing in the 1st round or beating another crappy team in the 1st round just doesn't do it for me anymore. They pissed away their best chance to get back to the SB against Seattle in the NFCCG and it's been all downhill since then.

BZnDallas
11-13-2016, 04:17 PM
Personally I don't give a damn about other teams like the Vikes if my team sucks ass. I just don't take any solace from being able to say, "But team xxxx sucks too!" If you're going to be the best you eventually have to beat the best of the rest. Let that shit sort itself out. I'm still ready to blow it all up and start over. Getting into the playoffs and losing in the 1st round or beating another crappy team in the 1st round just doesn't do it for me anymore. They pissed away their best chance to get back to the SB against Seattle in the NFCCG and it's been all downhill since then.

this

pbmax
11-13-2016, 05:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxLFJy1WgAARmdU.jpg:large

pbmax
11-13-2016, 05:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxLKBMaXgAAsvHU.jpg:large

pbmax
11-13-2016, 05:11 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1h1 hour ago
McCarthy: Disappointing loss today...We weren't nearly to the standard that we expect from each other.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1h1 hour ago
McCarthy: We'll be real honest with each other tomorrow, like we are every day. We'll improve from it. #GBvsTEN

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 60m60 minutes ago
Rodgers: We've got to go back & work on ourselves & get this thing turned around. Didn't execute as well as we wanted to. #GBvsTEN

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 58m58 minutes ago
Rodgers: Obviously I've got to play better. We've got to figure out a way to score points, & it starts with me. #GBvsTEN

Teamcheez1
11-13-2016, 05:17 PM
Haven't we heard the same quotes for 9 straight weeks now?

pbmax
11-13-2016, 05:19 PM
Haven't we heard the same quotes for 9 straight weeks now?

Yeah. But that is the way these things go. He doesn't change his tune much in public.

Offseason maybe.

denverYooper
11-13-2016, 05:58 PM
Davante Adams played well.

pbmax
11-13-2016, 06:02 PM
I have taken a turn to more pessimistic for this reason.

McCarthy has now put in a bunch of stuff to free up receivers against man. But was only effective to a point, and that point was worth very few actual points in the first half. he doesn't have enough (or doesn't use it) for the entire game.

In third quarter, they ran no huddle and started making hay. But that was running the same ISO stuff that has been failing them for 2 years now. It worked, for a quarter.

So they are adopting a new passing philosophy that solves one problem (completions and open WR) but doesn't deliver many points. The alternative is the original problem.

You would normally solve this by committing to one, scheming it all offseason and practicing the hell out of it. But that is hard to do midseason. So this hybrid might be about as close as they get.

Rodgers is getting more completions with the new stuff, but its not getting them points in the red zone and they don't hit much of it deep yet. I am not sure how this offense gets much more efficient.

Its not impossible. McCarthy is smart and Rodgers, 2 of the WR and 2 guys on the O line are vets who have run many flavors of this offense. They can probably learn it on the fly. I just don't know if they have enough time.

pbmax
11-13-2016, 06:02 PM

He did. You can see why the QB and the coach like him. And he does make a difference out there.

Teamcheez1
11-13-2016, 06:07 PM
He did. You can see why the QB and the coach like him. And he does make a difference out there.

I think the new coach next year will also like him.

red
11-13-2016, 06:10 PM
I have taken a turn to more pessimistic for this reason.

McCarthy has now put in a bunch of stuff to free up receivers against man. But was only effective to a point, and that point was worth very few actual points in the first half. he doesn't have enough (or doesn't use it) for the entire game.

In third quarter, they ran no huddle and started making hay. But that was running the same ISO stuff that has been failing them for 2 years now. It worked, for a quarter.

So they are adopting a new passing philosophy that solves one problem (completions and open WR) but doesn't deliver many points. The alternative is the original problem.

You would normally solve this by committing to one, scheming it all offseason and practicing the hell out of it. But that is hard to do midseason. So this hybrid might be about as close as they get.

Rodgers is getting more completions with the new stuff, but its not getting them points in the red zone and they don't hit much of it deep yet. I am not sure how this offense gets much more efficient.

Its not impossible. McCarthy is smart and Rodgers, 2 of the WR and 2 guys on the O line are vets who have run many flavors of this offense. They can probably learn it on the fly. I just don't know if they have enough time.

thats what we need to figure out. it seems for a little bit every game we become a totally different team, but then we go back to what wasn't working at the beginning

for whatever reason, the offense caught on fire for a quarter or so today. we need to figure out what went wrong for that quarter, and try and do that for a full game

red
11-13-2016, 06:11 PM

its weird when the guy who looks like he has no clue what so ever at the start of the year, is the one guy that has his head out of his ass at the halfway point

Rutnstrut
11-13-2016, 06:14 PM
thats what we need to figure out. it seems for a little bit every game we become a totally different team, but then we go back to what wasn't working at the beginning

for whatever reason, the offense caught on fire for a quarter or so today. we need to figure out what went wrong for that quarter, and try and do that for a full game

That's stubby though. Even when they were winning he always went away from what was working. It's almost like he thinks, ok that was different and it's working but it's not MY way. Then he reverts back to his stupid shit that doesn't work.

Maxie the Taxi
11-13-2016, 06:45 PM
Even if Stubby and Arod get their crap together on offense, will it be together enough to score 48 points a game? They probably got a better chance trying to get the defense to tighten up.

King Friday
11-13-2016, 07:33 PM
You would normally solve this by committing to one, scheming it all offseason and practicing the hell out of it. But that is hard to do midseason.

McCarthy couldn't even pull it together in the off season. Despite all the problems last year, when McCarthy had the chance to actually PLAY Rodgers and the boys in preseason...he basically gave them every preseason game off.

Rodgers better play 30 minutes in every preseason game but the last one next year.

pbmax
11-13-2016, 09:23 PM
McCarthy couldn't even pull it together in the off season. Despite all the problems last year, when McCarthy had the chance to actually PLAY Rodgers and the boys in preseason...he basically gave them every preseason game off.

Rodgers better play 30 minutes in every preseason game but the last one next year.

He has badly miscalculated the last two offseasons. He thought Rodgers could continue to improvise an offense and he thought Jordy was the difference last year.

He needs a complete rethink.

And that is another uncertain piece, McCarthy is usually enthralled by an idea or concept but has rebuilt his offense twice. No idea what we get this time.

There are also signs of creeping Schottenheimer. He loves to dictate to the defense. But what do you do when they has been stuffed?

pbmax
11-13-2016, 09:23 PM

Practicing this crap wouldn't make it better.

Freak Out
11-13-2016, 09:52 PM
Awesome new avatar Red. lol

pbmax
11-13-2016, 11:10 PM
Even if Stubby and Arod get their crap together on offense, will it be together enough to score 48 points a game? They probably got a better chance trying to get the defense to tighten up.

I think Mathews and Randall would make a difference. But losing Ryan doesn't help.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-14-2016, 09:00 AM
Got my application for Packers playoff tickets yesterday. Should I send it in? :cnf:

Why not?

Tex's optimism says Pack still have playoffs contenders like the Queens, Kittens, Redcoats and Balding Eagles left on the schedule. In other words, Pack control its own destiny.

Myself personally, I don't mind smiling and smiling like a villain for the Pack to go 4-12, if that means Leo Fournette in Green and Gold.

pbmax
11-14-2016, 12:30 PM
M3 PC

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 12m12 minutes ago Howard, WI
What needs to improve? Big plays (for and against). Had to scrap offensive game plan. Team "fought like hell."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m13 minutes ago Howard, WI
"I'm not into shock and awe" MM says of whether a shake-up is needed.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 13m13 minutes ago
MM: "I was fully confident that we were going to come back and win that game. There were just a couple plays that we couldn't overcome."

MM confident that his message is being received. Culture is healthy. Performance not good enough.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 13m13 minutes ago
McCarthy: I love this group...We're really dialed into how it happened & why it happened, & that will remain our focus.

MM on Montgomery's snaps: Wouldn't say it was a pitch count. Just got too far behind to stick with the plan.

STARKS WAS THIRD DOWN AND NO HUDDLE BACK

McCarthy: "I wouldn't dive into anything offensively. My call sheet didn't look like anything that I thought it would going into the game."

THE PREVIOUS STATEMENT WORRIES ME THAT HE HESITATES TO CALL THINGS NOT PRACTICED DURING THE WEEK. THIS STATEMENT MAKES ME THINK HE DOES. CONCLUSION? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cook had good week last week but not sure yet about looking ahead to Sunday.

McCarthy: "Let's just state the facts: I'm a highly successful NFL coach. With that, I've never looked at the ride to this point as smooth."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 11m11 minutes ago
MM: "I've never entered a contest where I didn't think we were going to beat the other guy, and that won't change. Especially this week."

Mike Tanier ‏@MikeTanier 4m4 minutes ago New Jersey, USA
#Cardinals are a weeks away from becoming the #Packers, a team whose scheme has been totally figured out.

Maxie the Taxi
11-14-2016, 01:10 PM
^^^The definitive Stubby.

red
11-14-2016, 01:19 PM
McCarthy: "I wouldn't dive into anything offensively. My call sheet didn't look like anything that I thought it would going into the game."

THE PREVIOUS STATEMENT WORRIES ME THAT HE HESITATES TO CALL THINGS NOT PRACTICED DURING THE WEEK. THIS STATEMENT MAKES ME THINK HE DOES. CONCLUSION? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thats the nail in the coffin for me

that right there is proof right out of the pigs mouth, that he can't adjust during a game

pbmax
11-14-2016, 01:26 PM
thats the nail in the coffin for me

that right there is proof right out of the pigs mouth, that he can't adjust during a game

Its proof he did adjust. But the question remains whether or not he is effective when he does this. Anyone can tell you not to run 40 times in this scenario. But this team, despite its skill at passing, is terrible at comebacks.

Pugger
11-14-2016, 01:39 PM
Does any HC have a plan when you get behind by 21 before the end of the first quarter? I'm not giving Mac a pass here but any game plan he might have had had to go out the window when everything went to hell yesterday.

Fritz
11-14-2016, 01:44 PM

So did the Packers . . . on their first possession of the game.

Man, that was some serious suckage, that game.

call_me_ishmael
11-17-2016, 10:30 PM
I see old Vern is back on the Maryland cream/clear again. http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2016/11/17/mcginn-packers-dropped-ball-vernon-davis/94028518/