PDA

View Full Version : The Official REDCOATS Mumbo Jumbo Thread

Anti-Polar Bear
11-15-2016, 11:02 AM
I have deleted that Custer-fucked game against the Titans from my brain, and am now on to Washington. Hopefully the Pack won't get Custer-fucked against the Redsk--s, err, Redcoats either. Stay tuned for my "keys to the game" post later.

In the main time, here are some great, original lyrics from the Pack-Redcoats fight song:

Dude, what's your favorite Coldplay song?
I'll play it for you on this old guitar
R-E-L-A-X and smoke this old bong
I'll rock ya to the fucking stars

Lets goooooooooooooo!
Win this fucking game!

Lets goooooooooooooo!
Tank is my fucking name!

Power to the Packers, right on!

gbgary
11-15-2016, 11:29 AM
right now it's wash -2.5

passing games and passing d will decide this one (lol). based on that...wash in a close one.

pbmax
11-15-2016, 11:32 AM
Its always fun to root against Kirk Cousins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsB7UQ8BlE0

Anti-Polar Bear
11-15-2016, 12:06 PM
right now it's wash -2.5

passing games and passing d will decide this one (lol). based on that...wash in a close one.

I see, you were right about the Dallas game, as well as the Colts and Titian games. You gotta get it wrong sometimes. Hopefully this week is the week you get it wrong. :)

gbgary
11-15-2016, 12:16 PM
I see, you were right about the Dallas game, as well as the Colts and Titian games. You gotta get it wrong sometimes. Hopefully this week is the week you get it wrong. :)

hopefully! lol

yetisnowman
11-15-2016, 12:41 PM
Our lbs, safeties, and cornerbacks are consistently terrible in pass coverage....That doesn't bode well against a team with an elite TE, and speed at receiver. The packers need to have an effecient offensive game and somehow create turnovers to have a good chance. I fear they won't generate enough stops to keep it close otherwise.

esoxx
11-15-2016, 01:44 PM
Who the fuck are the Redcoats?

Admin, pls delete this thread.

pbmax
11-15-2016, 02:31 PM
Its official. The Packers D has caught the Packer O in mediocrity.

DVOA Offense/Defense/ST: 4.3% (11th) / -7.7 (7th) / -2.6 (22nd)
* negative is good for defense

And Expected Points Added

Brian Burke ‏@bburkeESPN 19m19 minutes ago
Here's another version, this time with the "Fisher Line" added.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxVEEhrXcAAyrcs.jpg:large

Tony Oday
11-15-2016, 02:34 PM
Packer smoke the Skins 42-21.

Pugger
11-16-2016, 12:43 AM
41 points? I don't see this offense scoring that much. :-(

gbgary
11-16-2016, 09:28 AM

yup...28 on a good day.

Upnorth
11-16-2016, 09:46 AM
Its official. The Packers D has caught the Packer O in mediocrity.

DVOA Offense/Defense/ST: 4.3% (11th) / -7.7 (7th) / -2.6 (22nd)
* negative is good for defense

And Expected Points Added

Brian Burke ‏@bburkeESPN 19m19 minutes ago
Here's another version, this time with the "Fisher Line" added.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxVEEhrXcAAyrcs.jpg:large

Based on the rams current placing relative to the line, I think this line of 'Jeff Fisher Mediocrity" needs a shift to the left. (Not a political statement)

Tony Oday
11-16-2016, 10:05 AM

No they will have 35. Hyde pick 6 is in there.

Pugger
11-16-2016, 10:20 AM

It would help if one of our DBs could actually catch an INT for a change. :???:

pbmax
11-16-2016, 11:55 AM
Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 29m29 minutes ago
Josh Norman on #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: "That is pretty much Gandalf the White over there. That's a wizard. That's who he is to me."

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 15s15 seconds ago Ashwaubenon, WI
McCarthy: Jared Cook will practice today. Clay Matthews will practice today. Those two guys will be limited #Packers

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 8s8 seconds ago Ashwaubenon, WI
McCarthy: David Bakhtiari will be limited. T.J. Lang will be in the rehab group. We'll see how it goes today and tomorrow #Packers

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
McCarthy on #GBvsWAS: Definitely some similarities to last year's playoff game. Personally I think they're better today than they were then.

Michele Steele ‏@ESPNMichele 4m4 minutes ago
McCarthy: "You have to run the football" -- Packers have dropped back to pass on 71.4% of plays, 2nd highest in the league this season

Demovsky
The Packers aren't abandoning their running game despite the way the numbers look. "You have to run the ball," coach Mike McCarthy said. "You can't extend your pass blocking unit the way we have."

Apparently even the writers have given up hope. Not even the official spokesmodels for the Packers Tweeted more than 2 or 3 items about the PC.

gbgary
11-16-2016, 12:14 PM
Apparently even the writers have given up hope. Not even the official spokesmodels for the Packers Tweeted more than 2 or 3 items about the PC.

maybe it's that it's the midweek, there's no real news and they wouldn't tell us NOW if there was even if we begged them, thing.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-16-2016, 01:14 PM

I thought Hyde was KIA in the Titan game, no? Called fair catch and a Titan retaliated anyway, for the Packers taking a cheap shot at Mariota in the 1st quarter. I don't wish injuries to any good, normal American, and I'm not a egomaniac such as yourself, but seeing Hyde get the shit knocked out of him, I gotta admit I ALMOST lost my stoic composure, and ALMOST smiled.

The D is better off leaving Hyde in Green Bay for the game. Hyde's an abomination, and he's making white corners everywhere look bad. Need a 1st down? Throw the rock at Hyde! Need a touchdown? Throw the rock at Hyde!

Reed slaughtered Hyde last season, and he will again if Hyde plays.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-16-2016, 01:40 PM
Our lbs, safeties, and cornerbacks are consistently terrible in pass coverage....That doesn't bode well against a team with an elite TE, and speed at receiver. The packers need to have an effecient offensive game and somehow create turnovers to have a good chance. I fear they won't generate enough stops to keep it close otherwise.

Well stated.

denverYooper
11-16-2016, 06:15 PM

I don't know. I think they are due for an outburst.

It won't signal that they are back on track but I think they put up 30+.

I don't exactly see their struggles as the same as last year's. They're 7th in the league this year in pts/drive; they were 19th last year. They're averaging more yards per game, yards per play, and yards per drive.

Their main problem this year seems to be turnovers. They had 17 last year and are already up to 14 this year. It seems like a lot of those have taken points off of the board.

King Friday
11-16-2016, 06:19 PM
Not even the official spokesmodels for the Packers Tweeted more than 2 or 3 items about the PC.

We have spokesMODELS?

Who are these good looking people?

wpony
11-16-2016, 06:45 PM
If you score 28 points and cant win on that day your OF did its job start looking at the D and you cant blame that on Rodgers even if the announcers try to, Seems like one week the coaches get the D all fired up and next week they get the Of fired up so what say MM and all your underlings lets get the whole team behind you this week

pbmax
11-17-2016, 01:35 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 53m53 minutes ago
#Packers practice: RB Ty Montgomery returned, G T.J. Lang (ankle) and LB Jake Ryan (ankle) were not present. Also out: Tretter and Randall.

Fritz
11-17-2016, 03:17 PM
I predict the Packers play tough Sunday night...but lose.

MadScientist
11-17-2016, 09:49 PM
Bold, optimistic prediction:

They won't go down by double digits in the first quarter.

pbmax
11-17-2016, 09:57 PM

We need you on the pregame show.

Joemailman
11-17-2016, 10:13 PM

Kool-aid drinker.

Pugger
11-18-2016, 09:37 AM
I predict the Packers play tough Sunday night...but lose.

If the guys play better than they did in Nashville that will tell me Mac hasn't lost his locker room no matter what final score is.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-18-2016, 11:28 AM
Partial posted this nice, unbiased article about Vernon Davis in the wrong thread:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2016/11/17/mcginn-packers-dropped-ball-vernon-davis/94028518/

The Great McGinn:

If the Packers insisted on Cook, then they should have signed him and Davis. Is it a cardinal sin to have two veterans? No, and certainly not for a team that presently sits with the 10th-most room ($8.97 million) beneath the NFL salary cap.

Thompson and Mike McCarthy already knew Richard Rodgers never would be a threat or an effective blocker. Justin Perillo and Kennard Backman are just guys.

I concur with McGinn.

To make matters worse, Thompson's hand-picked DBs and LBs can't cover TEs worth a lick. Hyde, Burnett and Dix all can't cover anyone on an Island. The LBs are too slow and they, too, can't cover anyone on an island. Think the Walker ordeal in Tenn last week was bad? Reed and Davis could make Walker look like Dick Rodgers.

pbmax
11-18-2016, 07:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxkvA-HUkAAK2b2.jpg:large

Radagast
11-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Redskins - 34

Packers - 23

woodbuck27
11-19-2016, 10:44 AM
http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2016/11/18/Green-Bay-Packers-vs-Washington-Redskins-prediction-preview-pick-to-win/4191479529513/

Green Bay Packers vs Washington Redskins: prediction, preview, pick to win

By The Sports Xchange | Nov. 18, 2016 at 11:32 PM

pbmax
11-19-2016, 11:10 AM
The 10 year Coaching Lifespan examined.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2016/11/17/history-working-against-packers-mccarthy/94027698/

pbmax
11-19-2016, 06:31 PM
skipps the giraffe ‏@Skipsthegiraffe
@jasonjwilde @gmatzek @Jeff_Falconio with the packers cutting perillo, does that mean there's a good chance cook plays tomorrow?

SURE YOU SAY, HOW CAN I TRUST A GIRAFFE'S TWITTER ACCOUNT IN THIS MATTER? ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS THAT THIS GIRAFFE KNOWS THINGS, OK?

pbmax
11-19-2016, 06:32 PM
Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 22m22 minutes ago
Persistence does pay off. ILB Carl Bradford, in 3rd #Packers season, cracks team's 53-man roster. He's up from P-squad and TE Perillo is cut

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 19m19 minutes ago
LS Rick Lovato, who bailed out the #Packers late '15, signed Sat and will snap for #Redskins vs. old team. Vet LS Nick Sundberg out (back).

BRADFORD ACTUALLY LOOKED TO BE IMPROVING IN CAMP AND PRESEASON THIS YEAR

pbmax
11-19-2016, 06:46 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde Nov 18
#Packers injury report:
Out ~ Randall, Ryan, Lang, Tretter.
Questionable ~ Cook, Matthews.
Will play ~ Bakhtiari, Cobb, Montgomery, Rollins.

COOK PROBABLY PLAYIG GIVEN NEWS ABOVE

Joemailman
11-20-2016, 09:47 AM
So Barclay at RG?

Could Tretter and Linsley be the same person? Have the ever both been seen together?

pbmax
11-20-2016, 10:29 AM
So Barclay at RG?

Could Tretter and Linsley be the same person? Have the ever both been seen together?

Only in minicamp and in season practice. Could be a stunt double then or possibly Nick MacDonald.

Barclay at RB yes, backups Spriggs and Murphy? Is there another Guard on the roster?