PDA

View Full Version : Ty Dunne Brings Hammer Down On Rodgers

pbmax
11-18-2016, 08:22 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2676645-can-aaron-rodgers-be-the-type-of-leader-the-packers-need

Pretty sure Ty won't be coming back to Green Bay or Milwaukee for a job soon.

Bad examples: J Finley didn't have Rodgers phone number, considers him a bad leader. Fired a business manager he has known since he was a kid.

Good examples: No longer has relationship with family. DJ Williams and Desmond Bishop think Finley is full of manure, but admit the QB can be hard on teammates. He loves LeTroy Guion. Adams and Janis agree that screwing up will put you in the doghouse. Missed a grandfathers funeral. Sent Christmas presents back to givers. Family not welcome in Green Bay. Skipped a buddy's wedding with a text.

call_me_ishmael
11-18-2016, 08:44 AM
Not a good look for Aaron. The whole family thing is weird. One would think if there is a group of people you can count on that won't try to take advantage of your wealth, it'd be them. Super strange.

pbmax
11-18-2016, 09:02 AM
Not a good look for Aaron. The whole family thing is weird. One would think if there is a group of people you can count on that won't try to take advantage of your wealth, it'd be them. Super strange.

He has one brother who has failed in a couple of jobs. The older one I think. So I can see him being a leech. And his younger brother now seems to be set on being a celebrity after being a QB didn't work out. So I can see the possible conflicts in each case of trying to cash in on the name and relationship.

But not sure how that involves the parents, unless its an argument ABOUT the brothers.

But this isn't much different than many players. That is why they setup a bogus Foundation to solve muscle cramps and put the family on the payroll.

Of course you never know. Tyron Smith had to seek the protection of the team from his family.

hoosier
11-18-2016, 09:08 AM
I don't see what the big deal is either way. Why do we need our sports stars to be great people too?

RashanGary
11-18-2016, 09:44 AM
Rodgers getting the Favre treatment now. Welcome to the extended success club, AR. Haters gonna hate.

RashanGary
11-18-2016, 09:45 AM
Makes me a bigger fan. Rooting against ass holes like Dunne every day.

hoosier
11-18-2016, 10:06 AM
I hadn't read it when I posted the first time. Now I've read it. I have no way of knowing what goes on in Rodgers's personal life and how much credibility should be given to the idea that he's self-absorbed and vindictive, versus just competitive and holding his teammates to a high standard. What surprises me is that Dunne, who struck me as a reasonably intelligent journalist, would buy whole-hog into the idea that moral character translates into performance on the field, or that if Rodgers is having difficulties with his family then those problems will sooner or later disrupt his QB play. If he hasn't spoken with his family for two years then presumably there have been issues for longer. So shouldn't he have started to crater in 2014 instead of putting up MVP numbers that year? Dunne's perspective is symptomatic of how our society uses sports to reassure itself that reality adheres to a moral code.

pbmax
11-18-2016, 10:07 AM
I don't see what the big deal is either way. Why do we need our sports stars to be great people too?

No we don't, though its nice if they are.

But this is getting published on the hook that he personal difficulty is causing the on field difficulty. Under the very broad mantle of leadership, Dunne links the family situation to his playing and leadership with quotes from two people: former friend and former teammate.

A teammate who was mostly know for being immature and a head case.

If the Packers were 7-2, or Rodgers was playing 10% better, this doesn't see the light of day.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-18-2016, 10:41 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2676645-can-aaron-rodgers-be-the-type-of-leader-the-packers-need

Pretty sure Ty won't be coming back to Green Bay or Milwaukee for a job soon.

Bad examples: J Finley didn't have Rodgers phone number, considers him a bad leader. Fired a business manager he has known since he was a kid.

Good examples: No longer has relationship with family. DJ Williams and Desmond Bishop think Finley is full of manure, but admit the QB can be hard on teammates. He loves LeTroy Guion. Adams and Janis agree that screwing up will put you in the doghouse. Missed a grandfathers funeral. Sent Christmas presents back to givers. Family not welcome in Green Bay. Skipped a buddy's wedding with a text.

Good read. Dunn's a damn good journalist. If he wants to come back to dull and dark Green Bay to cover the Packers again, there's a job waiting for him, I am sure. Gannett should trade the entire GBPG crew for Dunn, although Dougherty ain't bad.

I read the article in its entirety, and nowhere is there anything about anyone referring to J-Mike as full of shit. You sure you're not just stating your biased opinion?

I was the president of the J-Mike fan club, but I gotta disagree with J-Mike about Rodgers needing to be rah-rah, ala, Philips Rivers. Actions speak louder than words, says Shakespeare.

I do think Rodgers needs to get his professional shit together, though. And he's got to learn how to win in the fucking clutch! Rodgers' personal shit is none of anyone's b's, although folks like Tex and Tony O'Day might find the fact that Rodgers is dating an Asian chick disgusting. ;-)

gbgary
11-18-2016, 10:43 AM
who's to say he doesn't have high moral character? we're not in Rodgers' shoes. there may be reasons for what he does that we'd all agree with if we knew the situation. that said i wish the ass-hole would start playing at the pre-2015 level. lol

texaspackerbacker
11-18-2016, 12:59 PM
Makes me a bigger fan. Rooting against ass holes like Dunne every day.

Exactly

pbmax
11-18-2016, 02:07 PM
I read the article in its entirety, and nowhere is there anything about anyone referring to J-Mike as full of shit. You sure you're not just stating your biased opinion?

"In my opinion, he's a different guy," Finley said. "I didn't really know how he showed his leadership. He wasn't a vocal guy. He really wasn't a hands-on guy. To tell you the truth, it was all about his game and his stats in my opinion. … He was a guy that kept it all in. He kept grudges close to his chest. If you did something, he never really let it go. He always kept it close to his heart...

quarterbacks who lead vocally. That's what he wanted in Green Bay...

He's not a guy who hangs out with the fellas...

No, the tight end doesn't believe Rodgers has it in him.
No sir, he said. Not one little centimeter ...

No, Ty Dunne did not reveal who gave him quotes, so no one called out Finley. But they rebutted his charges none-the-less.

1. DJ Williams: texted "Happy Birthday" to a former third-string tight end who caught nine passes in Green Bay
. . To Williams, Rodgers is sensitive but in a more comical way.
. . Rodgers is a "take care of business" leader, Williams said, not a "get in your face" leader.
. . "You can never go out with Aaron Rodgers and have a casual day of a leisure activity,"
2. Guion: dress up as a Jedi for defensive tackle Letroy Guion's Halloween bash at Bleu Restaurant in De Pere
. . He is the leader of this team
. . He attacks his profession like a maniac, a savant, "a wizard," Guion says
3. Bach: join offensive linemen for Thursday night dinners
4. Bishop: Once, Rodgers thwarted the defense with that same fake spike. Right then, the defense learned a valuable lesson. (that Cowboys fell for from Steelers)
. . "His competitive fire was always so high," Bishop said. "That was infectious to everybody else. That's the kind of leader he is.
. . Bishop is "100 percent confident" this mentality alone will pull the Packers out of their slump.
5. Adams: "There might be some words," Adams said. "There might be a look. But it's communicated either way. He's animated. He's colorful. It's not something we're ever worried about. I'm the same way."
6. Janis: But two weeks ago, the quarterback also pulled players aside to say he's only this hard on them "to be perfect, to be great." "To hear him say that," Janis said, "makes you realize he's not yelling at you just to yell."

Carolina_Packer
11-18-2016, 04:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoVnMB8LFgo

I read that article, too. Look at the YouTube video. Sure, he may do some PR/image things, but his compassion looks like it comes naturally, whatever that means to leadership, I don't know. There are other videos in the right hand side of the screen if the watch the one above from YouTube.com None of us are perfect, but I think he's a good guy. Don't know about the family rift, but it's none of my damn business, I know that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgVpnjev79Q

Remember, he doesn't have to do this. He chooses to do this, and I don't think it's to just form an image. I think he gets it and he cares.

red
11-18-2016, 05:18 PM
wether he's a dick because of this or not, it doesn't seem like he has anyone left close to him, and i think we've found the main reason for him having changed over the last year

Joemailman
11-18-2016, 05:29 PM
So he hasn't talked to his family in over 2 years. Does that more or less coincide with him taking up with Olivia?

We need a title for this Packer soap opera.

channtheman
11-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Whatever issues he had with his family, they probably got worse recently when his younger brother Jordan went public with it on the Bachelorette TV show. It's really an interesting thing, no one would care about Jordan Rodgers if his brother wasn't Aaron, yet he craps on him to further his celebrity "career." Aaron must be in a tough place. As for if this is affecting his play on the field, doubt it. Give him 4 pro bowl caliber receivers again, and his play will improve.

Patler
11-18-2016, 06:15 PM

We don't, and a great many of them aren't.

Patler
11-18-2016, 06:34 PM
As for the almost really good TE who hasn't played in three years, wasn't he the guy who said he didn't do back shoulder throws after he dropped one, and then went on to say that Rodgers would have to learn where he liked the ball to be on plays like that? He was a player who was pretty full of himself too.

Some guys respond to rah-rah leaders, others do not.
Some leaders are rah-rah people, others are not.
We've seen these opposite characteristics in the articles about Mike Daniels, too. Some players seem to like his emotions, others seemed to tolerate it but not respond to it.

pbmax
11-18-2016, 06:37 PM
wether he's a dick because of this or not, it doesn't seem like he has anyone left close to him, and i think we've found the main reason for him having changed over the last year

No. The main reason is in the article. Janis got a pick me up line from Rodgers, runs a good route, gets wide open and a perfect throw and drops it.

That is 1/3 of the reason.

Another 1/3 is McCarthy's adjustments to beat the defenses of the 49ers (cover 2 man) and the Seahawks (Cover 1 bailing to Cover 3) worked for one year and one year only. He has yet to fix it.

Another 1/3 are the bad habits Rodgers has picked up (and in some cases existing flaws that get accentuated) trying to bail out his anemic offense.

The small fraction left might be Rodgers home life.

pbmax
11-18-2016, 06:43 PM

D.J. Williams ‏@dj45williams 39m39 minutes ago
D.J. Williams Retweeted Tyler Dunne
Blows my mind. @AaronRodgers12 is Hands down the best talent & competitor at the QB position. C'mon now JMike #AR12

Seeing this earlier would have saved a lot of cutting and pasting.

woodbuck27
11-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Read the article and it seems ARod has issues and he's a somewhat complex man. That's no big deal. That's not entirely abnormal for anyone who's gifted. As a NFL QB he has a solid relationship with those players that help him to be the money player he needs to be; his Offensive Lineman.

He makes contributions to the community and in his spare time is visible.

The Green Bay Packers have issues at present. As the leader of the team he has to somehow lead his team out of the swamp they find themselves in. It's really very simple.

"It's all about winning baby."

I sure hope that begins under the immense pressure of a National audience this Sunday evening in Washington.

MadtownPacker
11-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Like some have already said, this shit might be hearsay but what we have seen on the field isn't. Shit ain't right and it sure seems to time perfectly with the appearance of that halfanese Yoko 2.0 hoochie got in the mix.

Rutnstrut
11-18-2016, 10:37 PM
Rogers is a vegan and a Liberal. That's all I need to know about him, to know he is probably a subpar human and teammate.

King Friday
11-18-2016, 11:59 PM

Not really...look up the family life of Jack Johnson from the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Pugger
11-19-2016, 06:16 AM
So he hasn't talked to his family in over 2 years. Does that more or less coincide with him taking up with Olivia?

Perhaps his family disapproved of him dating her and this could be why he hasn't spoken to his family?

red
11-19-2016, 09:51 AM
Blows my mind. @AaronRodgers12 is Hands down the best talent & competitor at the QB position. C'mon now JMike #AR12

that says nothing about being a leader or a good teammate

red
11-19-2016, 09:52 AM
Perhaps his family disapproved of him dating her and this could be why he hasn't spoken to his family?

or she disapproved of them

Cheesehead Craig
11-19-2016, 09:54 AM

All My Packers

MadtownPacker
11-19-2016, 10:22 AM
Perhaps his family disapproved of him dating her and this could be why he hasn't spoken to his family?I met and talked a bit with his parents at his 2nd NFL start, preseason game at SF. Was a blowout. I wrote a little article about it on here. Got bashed because I mentioned Rodgers acting like a baby. It was overwhelmingly obvious Mom and Dad thought the world of their son and badly wanted the best for him. They and what looked like a brother and some uncles consoled him afterwards by the bus. The feeling of family love was present while he sulked.

If they don't like Yoko 2.0 I have to think there is a legit reason. If she has her claws in him deep enough that he don't talk to the family I saw them she ain't right. If she was really down for Rodgers she would be trying to reunite him with family. Allowing a gift to her from them to be sent back says a lot IMO.

MadtownPacker
11-19-2016, 10:23 AM
or she disapproved of themThe boy is sprung on that coochie!!!

Rastak
11-19-2016, 10:36 AM
Whatever issues he had with his family, they probably got worse recently when his younger brother Jordan went public with it on the Bachelorette TV show. It's really an interesting thing, no one would care about Jordan Rodgers if his brother wasn't Aaron, yet he craps on him to further his celebrity "career." Aaron must be in a tough place. As for if this is affecting his play on the field, doubt it. Give him 4 pro bowl caliber receivers again, and his play will improve.

Did he really crap on him? I don't watch the show but what I thought I heard was that he simply said they had no relationship.

That said, you'll never get Rodgers side of it so it's really just an interesting story but no way to boil out any facts. I would though make a couple of assumptions, which could be right or wrong.

1) Source probably is someone who'd know the real scoop.
2) Probably has bad blood/axe to grind which has to be balanced.

pbmax
11-19-2016, 11:04 AM
that says nothing about being a leader or a good teammate

So you prefer his other comments.

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-19-2016, 11:05 AM
Not sure I care what his family relationship is. That is his and his family's bizness. Also don't care where he gets his pussy (can I say that?). All I care about is when he suits up for game day. I mean, why should I care more about rodgers than all the other folks on the packer team? I just want the packers to win, like all good packer fans. And if they don't win, then I'll go fishing or hunting or climb the incline, and wait until next year (if there is a next year).

pbmax
11-19-2016, 11:07 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxl1UwTWIAEteFz.jpg:large

Anti-Polar Bear
11-19-2016, 11:39 AM
I met and talked a bit with his parents at his 2nd NFL start, preseason game at SF. Was a blowout. I wrote a little article about it on here. Got bashed because I mentioned Rodgers acting like a baby. It was overwhelmingly obvious Mom and Dad thought the world of their son and badly wanted the best for him. They and what looked like a brother and some uncles consoled him afterwards by the bus. The feeling of family love was present while he sulked.

If they don't like Yoko 2.0 I have to think there is a legit reason. If she has her claws in him deep enough that he don't talk to the family I saw them she ain't right. If she was really down for Rodgers she would be trying to reunite him with family. Allowing a gift to her from them to be sent back says a lot IMO.

I once called Rodgers the "Prodigal Son." Lots of posters made fun of me. Should Rodgers somehow lose all of his good fortunes and crawl back to ole California, pretty sure his family would welcome him with open arms and even slaughter a fat goat for him.

I don't think Yoko is the cause or the problem. Lennon's solo stuff were way better than his Beatles stuff. If Munn were the cause, Rodgers would be playing way better right now than he did in 2011, so throw the Yoko theory out of the window.

In my humble stoic opinion, the civil war probably began when Rodgers didn't do shit to get lil Jordan a gag in the NFL. I mean, Carson Palmer got his lil bro a gag. Hasselbeck got his lil bro a gag. Detmer got his lil bro a gag. None of 'em lil bros were any good. His family probably became upset when Rodgers didn't go to Ted Thompson and say, "Sign my lil bro, or trade me to the Queens!"

Anti-Polar Bear
11-19-2016, 12:00 PM

That tweet wasn't in the article.

denverYooper
11-19-2016, 12:01 PM

Only when their team is < .500.

denverYooper
11-19-2016, 12:41 PM

The non-communication with family is not a terribly unusual dynamic among many of the 30- and 40-something couples I know. 2 years is not all that long and is really quite easy if the family members are geographically dispersed. Most resolve their differences over time.

We were just talking to some friends last weekend who imposed a moratorium on family contact for 2 years after their wedding because a mother-in-law gave an incredibly unflattering speech.

denverYooper
11-19-2016, 12:51 PM
Not sure I care what his family relationship is. That is his and his family's bizness. Also don't care where he gets his pussy (can I say that?). All I care about is when he suits up for game day. I mean, why should I care more about rodgers than all the other folks on the packer team? I just want the packers to win, like all good packer fans. And if they don't win, then I'll go fishing or hunting or climb the incline, and wait until next year (if there is a next year).

It's nice to live in Colorado, eh?

We just got our gear tuned up for the season. If the Packers wind up out of the hunt, I'll get that many more turns in.

George Cumby
11-19-2016, 02:20 PM
I met and talked a bit with his parents at his 2nd NFL start, preseason game at SF. Was a blowout. I wrote a little article about it on here. Got bashed because I mentioned Rodgers acting like a baby. It was overwhelmingly obvious Mom and Dad thought the world of their son and badly wanted the best for him. They and what looked like a brother and some uncles consoled him afterwards by the bus. The feeling of family love was present while he sulked.

QFT

Any one who thinks his personal life doesn't have a direct and immediate bearing on his performance doesn't understand the human experience.

His family was his anchor and now he's been cut loose from it.

Zool
11-19-2016, 02:55 PM
Heh, sounds like a Finley doesn't take criticism well. The timing shows he's a bit of a narcissist who has been out of the spotlight a little too long.

As to needing our sports stars to be good people, check out Ray Lewis or Michael Irvin.

gbgary
11-19-2016, 03:30 PM
these former Packers are all looking for network jobs too...especially jennings.

esoxx
11-19-2016, 03:48 PM
Yep, Rodgers is a douche.

But he's our douche.

Bossman641
11-19-2016, 05:39 PM
God, Finley can just never keep his mouth shut can he.

Cheesehead Craig
11-19-2016, 07:12 PM

He must be around the Musky Queen again. He always seems a bit looser around her.

Joemailman
11-20-2016, 12:00 AM
He must be around the Musky Queen again. He always seems a bit looser around her.

A woman like that can certainly get in a guy's head.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb449/route25/muskyqueen.jpg

woodbuck27
11-20-2016, 06:45 AM
A woman like that can certainly get in a guy's head.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb449/route25/muskyqueen.jpg

Yea...he seems a tad fishy to me.

pbmax
11-20-2016, 09:31 AM
An announcement of sorts, that Rodgers was changing some relationships, interview with Jason Wilde in June 2014:

http://pro.wauk-am.tritonflex.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=20541&is_corp=1

ESPNWisconsin: So, what’s the story of your life been over the past year, and how have you gone about writing your character?

Rodgers: I think as you get older, you start to think about the decisions you’re making and for me, it’s focusing on my energy a lot and where my energy is going and how to best conserve it and protect it. That’s with establishing healthy boundaries in friendships and relationships and getting into healthy habits that best protect my job responsibilities. So that’s very encompassing there. It has everything to do with obviously sleeping habits and eating habits, preparation habits. But I think when you really start to control the off-the-field through positive focus of your energy and also establishing healthy boundaries, it makes the on-the-field stuff that much easier.

pbmax
11-20-2016, 11:23 AM
If anyone can parse the links, this is Rodgers old radio show.

http://pro.wauk-am.tritonflex.com/page.php?page_id=360

I think at the beginning of the season in '14, he talked about removing people from his life that were bringing distractions. Its not one of the four listed on the current page though.

gbgary
11-20-2016, 03:08 PM

wootah
11-21-2016, 07:37 AM

http://www.thespish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Reading-with-son1.jpeg

What do he suppose to say?

pbmax
11-22-2016, 10:20 AM
Story today on Wilde and Tausch:

After Finley's neck injury against the Browns, Rodgers spent the evening with him at the hospital.

gbgary
11-22-2016, 10:47 AM

After Finley's neck injury against the Browns, Rodgers spent the evening with him at the hospital.

* fin * smh

hoosier
11-22-2016, 10:55 AM

Just more evidence against him. A real leader would have been with his team....

pbmax
11-22-2016, 12:34 PM
Its just a measure of how stupid it is to cover this stuff in the media without a LOT of background.

For all we know Rodgers stopped by, slapped him on the Halo Ring, gave him a mint and a State Farm discount card.

But its clear Finley isn't interested in telling the entire story (or Ty Dunne did not ask for contrary info).