PDA

View Full Version : The Seahawks are doing what TT & the Packers should be d

gbpackfan
09-05-2006, 08:01 PM
The last word in the thread title should be "doing."

While TT is signing rookie after rookie, the Seahawks are actually adding talent that can help them this year. I know, the Seahawks are a playoff team that can use these players to help them get over the hump, but Watts and Ponder are young enough where they can also help for years to come. TT has failed to address three positions that he could have filed via the waiver wire. OG, KR and WR. All THREE of these positions could have been filled via the waiver wire. Ponder would have a been a great option as a KR and Watts would have been a nice #5 if not a better #4 then Martin (maybe even a better #3 then Fergie). I am starting to think that TT had more to do with the Seahawks drafts and less to do with their FA signings. I hear over and over again that the Packers are willing and looking to add players that can help them. Really? TT and the Packers had a chance to do so and flopped. If the Packers are going to sign K-Rob then they should do it already! Sign him to a one year vet minimum deal and if they have to cut him, so be it! TT and MM have got to start making it a priority to beat the Bears! There isn't a single GM in the league other then TT that would be OK with Noah Herron as the kick-off returner.

Seahawks | Watts scheduled to visit team
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 17:46:03 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports free agent WR Darius Watts (Broncos) is scheduled to visit with the Seattle Seahawks this week.

Seahawks | Ponder signed
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:58:20 -0700

Seahawks.com reports the Seattle Seahawks have signed free agent WR Willie Ponder (Giants) to an undisclosed contract.

ND72
09-05-2006, 08:07 PM
think back when we KNEW we would be a contender..we went out and got someone...we're not contenders this year, simple as that. we're building, and that's how TT is doing his team. Contenders sign top guys right now to help bulster their lineups.

MJZiggy
09-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Dammit. I wanted Ponder. How did he get all the way down to #31? Will he even be near the top of the Seahawk's depth chart?

Willard
09-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Dammit. I wanted Ponder. How did he get all the way down to #31? Will he even be near the top of the Seahawk's depth chart?

He wasn't claimed off waivers so any team could have called him for a visit. The Pack didn't because they already have an All-Pro caliber kick-off returner on their roster. Of course, they don't know who it is yet, but they'll find one by golly...

Chubbyhubby
09-05-2006, 08:19 PM
think back when we KNEW we would be a contender..we went out and got someone...we're not contenders this year, simple as that. we're building, and that's how TT is doing his team. Contenders sign top guys right now to help bulster their lineups.

I agree with you ND72. The Packers are not contenders this year and clearly in the "rebuilding phase" even if MM or TT doesn't say it they are. Am I saying this season is a wash. No, but don't expect them any better than 7-9 this year. To some going 7-9 is a stretch.

What would you rather have old over the hill vets or young players with LOADS of POTENTIAL! I'd go with the latter. We are clearly building for the future.

The Offense and Defense this preseason were Vanillia. We will see a whole new set of plays on both sides of the ball. Don't right the season off just yet.

mraynrand
09-05-2006, 08:19 PM
The Seachickens are absolutely desperate for a receiver. Jackson may not be available for a few weeks (certainly not at full strength), and their best guy in preseason was a rookie who caught 10 balls. They have piss poor speed, athleticism, and depth at WR. They were going to blow 13 mil on Branch and perhaps also blow a first and middle round pick to get him. I think Jennings will be every bit as good as Branch. That's the situation the Seawawks are in. And they know they might only have a very short window to get back to the Superbowl. They should be desperate, they're not supposed to be rebuilding.

Scott Campbell
09-05-2006, 08:24 PM
The Pack didn't because they already have an All-Pro caliber kick-off returner on their roster. Of course, they don't know who it is yet, but they'll find one by golly...

Rob Davis?

Willard
09-05-2006, 08:47 PM
The Pack didn't because they already have an All-Pro caliber kick-off returner on their roster. Of course, they don't know who it is yet, but they'll find one by golly...

Rob Davis?

Could be. You know how McCarthy likes his players to have some versatility!

MJZiggy
09-05-2006, 09:04 PM

He wasn't claimed off waivers so any team could have called him for a visit. The Pack didn't because they already have an All-Pro caliber kick-off returner on their roster. Of course, they don't know who it is yet, but they'll find one by golly...

I know, I know, Woodson, Herron and Blackmon. I know. :mrgreen:

CaptainKickass
09-06-2006, 04:42 PM
I live in Seattle. There's no winter here.

I like Holmy (Holmgren) and "The Hoff"

(Hasselbeck turns into Hasselhoff and then Hasselhoff turns into "The Hoff" after David himself got bumped into at a club and yelled at the dude "Do you know who I AM?! "I am The HOFF!")

But I really see the ChickenHawks (Seahawks) as more of a Minnesota BiQueens (Vikings) kind of a team. They can get there, but that's all they can do. Then they choke.

It's actually kinda sad living here watching all the bandwagoneers jump on and off the proverbial wagon after each loss or win. It's actually a bit worse than growing in WI pre-Favre and having one of the crappiest teams in the league. At least then we still had the pride of Superbowl I and II.

Here - the best they've EVER had was last year. I don't believe they will do it again - - regardless of who they sign. It just feels too much like Minn. with the cash rich owner but no championship.

That's my 2 cents. Just a gut instinct

:mrgreen: :D

GBRulz
09-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Captain, my nephew lives in Mill Creek. Moved about there a couple years ago after graduating college to work for Boeing. The kid never was into football....not at all.

Now, he acts like the Seachickens are simply the greatest thing since sliced bread. I told him not to hit the ground too hard when falling off the bandwagon when they start to suck.