PDA

View Full Version : Where do the Packers rank at Wide Receiver?

woodbuck27
11-20-2016, 07:07 AM
https://theringer.com/who-has-the-best-receiving-corps-in-the-nfl-f314d567e674?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl&gi=474053b9d19a

Who Has the Best Receiving Corps in the NFL?

All 32 groups of wideouts, ranked from first to worst

BY: Danny KellyFollow ... Staff Writer, The Ringer

2 days ago

texaspackerbacker
11-20-2016, 09:17 AM
This list says quantity/depth is more important than quality. Atlanta, the Giants, the Bengals, and maybe some others who have great top end guys should be ranked higher. If Jordy Nelson was what he used to be, the Packers rank would be about right. As it is, though, their rank is too high. Nobody can get open against man coverage - how can that be considered all that great?

Joemailman
11-20-2016, 09:39 AM
Jordy is on a pace for 89 receptions, 1128 yards and 14 TD's. He's picked it up lately, so he may be finding his legs. We're not seeing the deep post as much anymore. Maybe he's lost his top speed, but maybe it's because opposing defenses aren't worried about play action fakes, which a lot of those deep posts came off of. I think the design of McCarthy's offense is more of a problem than the talent at wide receiver.

yetisnowman
11-20-2016, 11:19 AM
If we have the 7th best receiving corps and one of the best qbs in the NFL, why are we 16th in passing yards and 19th in completion percentage? Coaching? Something doesn't add up.

Smidgeon
11-20-2016, 11:39 AM
Jordy is on a pace for 89 receptions, 1128 yards and 14 TD's. He's picked it up lately, so he may be finding his legs. We're not seeing the deep post as much anymore. Maybe he's lost his top speed, but maybe it's because opposing defenses aren't worried about play action fakes, which a lot of those deep posts came off of. I think the design of McCarthy's offense is more of a problem than the talent at wide receiver.

The most heartening part about Jordy was the sideline stuff he showed life on against the Titans. We hadn't seen that all year.

Maxie the Taxi
11-20-2016, 11:58 AM
I agree with Tex. If we switched out top receivers with Atlanta, New Orleans or the Giants, Arod would be leading the league in TD passes.