PDA

View Full Version : Official City of Brotherly Love Kumbaya

pbmax
11-22-2016, 12:55 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 26m26 minutes ago
#Packers ILB Blake Martinez (MCL sprain) is expected to miss multiple games, source said. 4th-rounder has started 9 games.

Patler
11-22-2016, 01:28 PM
From "Monday Morning MD" at the National Football Post:

Demetri Goodson suffered a horrific multi-ligament knee injury. The Packers officially classified him initially as questionable to return to the game. In reality, what is questionable is whether Goodson can return to a productive career as a cornerback. Best wishes to him.

If you haven't followed this guy, Dr. David Chao, he is an orthopedic surgeon who was team physician for the Chargers for 20+ years. He has a weekly column discussing all the injuries from the previous week, the ongoing rehabs, etc. He is extremely accurate in his "diagnoses" when he offers one, and is very accurate in his projected recovery times, complications, etc. Very practical and realistic. If his first comment is to question whether Goodsen will ever be able to return, it is an extremely bad sign for the kid.

gbgary
11-22-2016, 02:11 PM
5th straight loss. they won't give up 40 though. that's as positive as i can be.

if you rolled the tape back (tape lol) and looked goodson's injury it'll be a miracle if he ever plays again. i bet he tore everything in his knee. it's all over youtube.

Patler
11-22-2016, 02:17 PM
if you rolled the tape back (tape lol) and looked goodson's injury it'll be a miracle if he ever plays again. i bet he tore everything in his knee.

Dr. Chao actually has a link to a video of the injury. The quality isn't real good.

pbmax
11-22-2016, 03:20 PM
wrong thread

pbmax
11-22-2016, 04:53 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 13m13 minutes ago
New from JSOnline and PackersNews: Martinez out 2-4 weeks with MCL sprain http://ift.tt/2gdPqC0 #Packers

SEASONS NOT DONE YET, IF THEY CAN WIN A GAME BEFORE HE GETS BACK

red
11-22-2016, 05:02 PM
That is one nasty injury

CaptainKickass
11-22-2016, 05:22 PM
Some joe schmo with a narrative and some slo-mo.
Viewer discretion is advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLF0J7coKJs

KYPack
11-22-2016, 08:21 PM

Sheezus. That had to hurt like 99 bastards.

Poor kid.

Did they replay the hell out of that one?

I must've been taking a bio break or something.

woodbuck27
11-22-2016, 10:28 PM

Another injury...and another and well...another...what's that ... another injury.

Let's simply get this fucking season over with.

pbmax
11-22-2016, 11:21 PM
NBC refused to show it again.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-23-2016, 08:58 AM
In reality, what is questionable is whether Goodson can return to a productive career as a cornerback.

Return to WHAT productive corner career? Perhaps Goodson was a productive corner in college but he sure as fuck wasn't a productive NFL corner.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-23-2016, 09:06 AM
Let's simply get this fucking season over with.

I LOLed at the above statement b/c "fuck" is the greatest word in the world, but agreed.

denverYooper
11-23-2016, 01:43 PM
Shields + Lacy done for the year:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2016/11/23/shields-lacy-done-year/94351372/

IR-DR option used on Dorleant.

Wow.

Rastak
11-23-2016, 01:48 PM
NBC refused to show it again.

Yea, when they came back from break they said something like "you don't need to see that again".

Poor fellow.

Harlan Huckleby
11-23-2016, 02:45 PM
Everybody loves a santa abuse story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7C5Y4vH6h4

beveaux1
11-23-2016, 02:55 PM
Shields + Lacy done for the year:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2016/11/23/shields-lacy-done-year/94351372/

IR-DR option used on Dorleant.

Wow.

Never a doubt about Shields. His career is over, as it should be with 5 concussions. Really, really good corner. Reminds me a lot of the career path of Collins. Lacy wasn't going to be ready until the playoffs if reports were to be believed. It's possible he comes back next year on a "show me" contract. Dorleant can help a little now. Maybe.

pbmax
11-25-2016, 06:01 PM
Ryan and Randall are back. Barclay is limited (rim shot!) and Lang is out. Somehow Holy Fackrell got hurt.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyIu2ctW8AAhETN.jpg:large

red
11-25-2016, 06:11 PM
clay also worked out back at ILB, just in case

pbmax
11-25-2016, 06:14 PM
M3 PC

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 8h8 hours ago
McCarthy: Jake Ryan looks good. Jake's going to practice today. They want to be smart with his first day back #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 8h8 hours ago
Jake Ryan will practice today. Will be smart with him but everything looks good at this point. "We need him."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8h8 hours ago
McCarthy: RB Christine Michael doing a really good job. Like the way he practiced Weds. Nice to have him part of the rotation Monday night.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7h7 hours ago
Offense won't be quite as "herky-jerky" with a full stable of running backs.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 7h7 hours ago
McCarthy on Aaron Rodgers' "run the table" comments: I love it. It's an expression of confidence. It shows what's going on internally.

Why is MM so confident about his offense? "It's about us. ... We've done a lot of good things. We need to win games."

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 7h7 hours ago
McCarthy on bus rides into @LFFStadium and Nelson saying he likes having eggs thrown at the team bus: "Let's not encourage them now."

Key game for the OTs. Extra day off will help Bakhtiari. Bulaga playing his best football, MM says.

woodbuck27
11-25-2016, 06:30 PM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-player-feature/article-1/Aaron-Rodgers-I-feel-like-we-can-run-the-table/be4be1df-32ab-41bc-95fd-dc76b547046f?campaign=email_161125

Aaron Rodgers: 'I feel like we can run the table'

Packers QB and Coach McCarthy remain confident in team's potential

BY: Wes Hodkiewicz packers.com staff writer @WesHod

Posted Nov 23, 2016

Comment woodbuck27:

We'll get the opportunity to see the start of all we read above on MNF this coming Monday evening.

GO PACK GO !

12 Nov 28 MNF ... 7:30 PM CST AT Eagles ... ESPN

13 Dec 4 12:00 PM CST Texans GAME DAY

14 Dec 11 3:25 PM CST Seahawks GAME DAY.... FOX

15 Dec 18 12:00 PM CST AT Bears GAME DAY .... FOX

16 Dec 24 12:00 PM CST Vikings GAME DAY .... FOX

17 Jan 1 12:00 PM CST AT Lions .... FOX

pbmax
11-25-2016, 06:41 PM
AND ALL THE REST

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 6h6 hours ago
No Goodson, Martinez, Fackrell, Lang or Tretter. Ryan returns as we depart a cold and wet practice.

ZOOK

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2h2 hours ago
Ron Zook on Eagles special teams: We've got our work cut out for us this week. Good return team.

CAPERS

Dom Capers on LB Jake Ryan: He's made some pretty good strides. We're anxious to see him back out there.

BENNETT

Edgar Bennett on RB Christine Michael: Helps being able to take things from the classroom to the practice field. He's coming along.

MOSS

Winston Moss on Clay Matthews: Looking forward to him getting back to his old play-making self.

Winston Moss on #GBvsPHI: We have guys in that locker room who have been in some stressful, adverse situations. There's no panic.

MCCURLEY

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
Scott McCurley on return of Jake Ryan: Concerned with conditions because of rain but was "blessing" to get him back.

Assistant LBs coach Scott McCurley on Jake Ryan: Exciting to get him back out there & moving around today.

Ryan's been a big part of run defense, McCurley says. Remember, the long runs vs. TEN and WASH were without him.

PERRY

Safeties coach Darren Perry: We've had guys in position, we just have to make the plays at critical moments.

Darren Perry on struggles: Got to look within. Hasn't been any fingerpointing or second guessing. Just have to play better.

WHITT

Joe Whitt on Randall's return: "That's what we get paid for. Nobody really cares about the rust." Only thing that matters is performance.

Whitt: It's time for us to make splash plays, time for us to get off the field. Nobody is making excuses, we just have to get it done.

It's time for someone to step up at corner, Whitt says. He refuses to use injuries as an excuse, no matter how many ways I ask.

Only thing Whitt is concerned about with Shields is that he's the same guy he met back in 2010.

Whitt on Sam Shields: I'm not worried about the football part right now, I'm just worried about Sam Shields the person.

red
11-25-2016, 06:49 PM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-player-feature/article-1/Aaron-Rodgers-I-feel-like-we-can-run-the-table/be4be1df-32ab-41bc-95fd-dc76b547046f?campaign=email_161125

Aaron Rodgers: 'I feel like we can run the table'

Packers QB and Coach McCarthy remain confident in team's potential

BY: Wes Hodkiewicz packers.com staff writer @WesHod

Posted Nov 23, 2016

Comment woodbuck27:

We'll get the opportunity to see the start of all we read above on MNF this coming Monday evening.

GO PACK GO !

12 Nov 28 MNF ... 7:30 PM CST AT Eagles ... ESPN

13 Dec 4 12:00 PM CST Texans GAME DAY

14 Dec 11 3:25 PM CST Seahawks GAME DAY.... FOX

15 Dec 18 12:00 PM CST AT Bears GAME DAY .... FOX

16 Dec 24 12:00 PM CST Vikings GAME DAY .... FOX

17 Jan 1 12:00 PM CST AT Lions .... FOX

yuck

thats 4 good teams that will be very tough to win even if we get everything worked out

plus tough games against the 5-5 eagles and always tough bears

and the sad thing is, IMO, one more loss and we are eliminated

Patler
11-25-2016, 07:05 PM
When did Fackrell get hurt?

texaspackerbacker
11-25-2016, 07:11 PM
clay also worked out back at ILB, just in case

Am I the only one who thinks Matthews helps the team more at ILB? To make a baseball analogy, he has warning track power at OLB - comes close but seldom actually gets to the QB.

red
11-25-2016, 07:27 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Matthews helps the team more at ILB? To make a baseball analogy, he has warning track power at OLB - comes close but seldom actually gets to the QB.

i think clay is very boom or bust at OLB

every now and then he'll make a big play and get a sack, but you don't hear too much else from him

however at ILB, he seems to me to be making more plays and having more of an impact

we still suck at ILB, and have quite a bit more talent at OLB

so i'd rather see him at ILB

pbmax
11-25-2016, 07:34 PM

Considering Matthews alone in the middle, he helps and hurts. He helps in run defense, but he is vulnerable to making bad guesses at gaps to defense. Lotta big plays went behind Clay last year (still better than Hawk or Jones). He might be better than Martinez in the Mack/Mike role, as Martinez was guessing after Ryan went out and often was nowhere near the ball. Also as good as either young player at shooting a gap and making a tackle for loss.

He's not great in deep middle coverage and he can be had in the middle on crossers because he is not used to reading routes from the middle. He is very erratic is pass D. However, he recovers and fills in on short throws as good as anyone on D (only Martinez is close) so he is almost ideal as a middle zone short defender. Few got the first down against him.

Overall he made the middle better by a fair margin; much, much faster, better tackling, but not more assignment sure.

The much greater part of the Packer D success last year was Perry starting and being healthy. Perry can hold an edge against anything up to a double team. Might be 5 OTs who can move him and maybe 2 TEs. When he played and Peppers hadn't tailed off, the run D was much, much better and Perry is a better down over down pass rusher in so far as collapsing the pocket regularly.

That makes Matthews better on blitzes because he can move everywhere and not have to defeat a Tackle one on one.

The question this year about Matthews in the middle is will Peppers (or Elliot) hold up side opposite Perry? Holy Fackrell is not practicing.

pbmax
11-25-2016, 07:35 PM
i think clay is very boom or bust at OLB

every now and then he'll make a big play and get a sack, but you don't hear too much else from him

however at ILB, he seems to me to be making more plays and having more of an impact

we still suck at ILB, and have quite a bit more talent at OLB

so i'd rather see him at ILB

OLB is hurting right now. Matthews is hurt and might be moving. Perry was hurt last game, came back though. Peppers is in last year and might fade as PT increases (its a gamble I would take). Elliot has been hurt (was inactive last week though not for injury this time) and Fackrell is hurt.

mmmdk
11-26-2016, 05:59 AM
I like this situation as Packers have painted themselves into a corner of confidence. Ultimate boom or bust and I don't like losing to the Eagles, don't like Stubby either and TT has done nothing for anybody lately. A Win-Win-Win scenario! :-)

Anti-Polar Bear
11-26-2016, 08:10 AM
There is only one fucking thing that Claymaker the ILB is better at than Claymaker the OLB: At ILB, the Claymaker pulls his hammies less.

Polar Bear is so incompetent, he wasted away TWO prime years of OLB Claymaker.

Pugger
11-26-2016, 08:29 AM
yuck

thats 4 good teams that will be very tough to win even if we get everything worked out

plus tough games against the 5-5 eagles and always tough bears

and the sad thing is, IMO, one more loss and we are eliminated

IMO this is a good thing. Why make the playoffs again only to be one and done? If we want changes made making the playoffs isn't gonna help. This team needs impact players and we won't get any drafting closer to the end of each round again this spring.

pbmax
11-26-2016, 11:19 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
What will Packers do at guard? Barclay practiced well yesterday. He's further ahead than anticipated. Won't say if it's Barclay or Spriggs.

pbmax
11-26-2016, 11:51 AM
THERE ARE TIMES WHEN I AM CERTAIN MCCARTHY DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT HE SEES ON FILM. I KNOW ITS USUALLY ME MISSING A KEY PIECE OF INFO, BUT THIS JUST SEEMS STUPID.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h1 hour ago
McCarthy on RG: Barclay practiced well. Rolled Jason in there. Donnie a lot further ahead, but we’ll take the full week to decide.

REST OF THIS IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER

MM "very hopeful" to get Randall back for Monday night.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
McCarthy on D. Randall: Good day yesterday. Making progress and getting better. Hopeful he’ll play, that would be great.

McCarthy on injuries on defense: Can’t quantify it. It’s a waste of energy. It’s not our focus. End of day you have to line up and play.

McCarthy on injuries: Approach we’ve taken last 6 or 7 years, no time to wait for young player to take care of body. Our guys have to play.

McCarthy: If anybody thinks they know why ever single injury happens, God Bless them. We’ve just hit a rough season. We’re getting better.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
MM on Jake Ryan: He feels good. "I'm very optimistic" that he will play on Monday.

RYAN AHEAD OF RANDALL IF I TRANSLATE MCCARTHY SPEAK CORRECTLY

McCarthy: If anybody thinks they know why ever single injury happens, God Bless them. We’ve just hit a rough season. We’re getting better.

McCarthy on injuries: Approach we’ve taken last 6 or 7 years, no time to wait for young player to take care of body. Our guys have to play.

McCarthy on Jake Ryan: He feels good. I’m very optimistic is that he’s going to go. He’s a tough guy. He feels good. I see Jake playing.

pittstang5
11-26-2016, 08:39 PM
Ugh....Eagles play ridiculously good when they are at home, in Prime Time and in their black uniforms. Pack gets shut out in this one, 35 to 0. No, I'm not joking.

Pugger
11-27-2016, 06:46 AM
What in the hell do these coaches see in Don Barclay?? This duffass is gonna get AR killed.

red
11-27-2016, 08:50 AM
What in the hell do these coaches see in Don Barclay?? This duffass is gonna get AR killed.

its like marshall newhouse all over again, every time he gets on the field he screws up big time

you can't afford to put him on the field, so why is he even on the team?

pbmax
11-27-2016, 09:14 AM
They think he is just above replacement value and he know the offense and all three positions. It makes him quite valuable as a backup. As a starter, you immediately want to replace him. I would agree Barclay>Spriggs if DB is healthy but they obviously pushed it last week, he wasn't ready. He had to be healthier this week or it makes no sense.

Newhouse is an obvious point of comparison, but Newhouse still has a job in the league.

But Spriggs has enough time to be ready at Guard should the playoffs happen. They obviously trust the vet more but he can grow into the role. Its no time to nurse an injury to a marginal player. Unless he is a tire fire in practice, I would stick the kid in.

pbmax
11-27-2016, 10:32 AM
Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 55m55 minutes ago
Lang out, Tretter out, Barclay questionable. If Barclay can't go - Kyle Murphy as the only backup OL? Call up Lucas Patrick? Then who goes?

red
11-27-2016, 11:17 AM
Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 55m55 minutes ago
Lang out, Tretter out, Barclay questionable. If Barclay can't go - Kyle Murphy as the only backup OL? Call up Lucas Patrick? Then who goes?

That's easy barclay goes

Hey, he might know the system at all 3 spots inside and out, but he can't play any of them

Even when he comes in for one or two plays, he's the guy the either gets called for holding, or gets burned for a sack or a hurry

He's a giant liability ever single times he's on the field

Patler
11-27-2016, 12:06 PM
I think some have unreasonable expectations for performances by backups, maybe even for starters who aren't at upper levels. Not only does Marshall Newhouse still have a job in the NFL, since leaving GB, he started 22 of 37 games until he hurt his knee earlier this year.

Of course Barclay is the weak link when he comes in, he is the backup. No sub is going to be as good as the starter they replace. There aren't that many upper level OL to go around. When the defense sees Barclay in the game for Lang, where do you think they will stress or pressure the blocking scheme? In short, Barclay or any other sub has a more difficult job then the starter he replaces.

Rutnstrut
11-27-2016, 12:15 PM
That's easy barclay goes

Hey, he might know the system at all 3 spots inside and out, but he can't play any of them

Even when he comes in for one or two plays, he's the guy the either gets called for holding, or gets burned for a sack or a hurry

He's a giant liability ever single times he's on the field

Nah he can't be. TT and stubby wouldn't cut a great lineman like Sitton and keep a POS.

Pugger
11-27-2016, 02:18 PM
They think he is just above replacement value and he know the offense and all three positions. It makes him quite valuable as a backup. As a starter, you immediately want to replace him. I would agree Barclay>Spriggs if DB is healthy but they obviously pushed it last week, he wasn't ready. He had to be healthier this week or it makes no sense.

Newhouse is an obvious point of comparison, but Newhouse still has a job in the league.

But Spriggs has enough time to be ready at Guard should the playoffs happen. They obviously trust the vet more but he can grow into the role. Its no time to nurse an injury to a marginal player. Unless he is a tire fire in practice, I would stick the kid in.

Spriggs >Barclay

pbmax
11-27-2016, 02:51 PM
Spriggs >Barclay

I agree. However if Barclay is healthy (a big question given what we saw last week), then I think I can see the coaches saying that while Barclay might get beat, he is not going to blow an assignment and get Rodgers killed. Spriggs might be more likely to make a fatal error, even if he performs at a higher level.

I would put Spriggs in, Barclay healthy or not, but I haven't seen Spriggs practice at Guard.

woodbuck27
11-27-2016, 02:52 PM
I agree. However if Barclay is healthy (a big question given what we saw last week), then I think I can see the coaches saying that while Barclay might get beat, he is not going to blow an assignment and get Rodgers killed. Spriggs might be more likely to make a fatal error, even if he performs at a higher level.

I would put Spriggs in, Barclay healthy or not, but I haven't seen Spriggs practice at Guard.

Hey pbmax...are you OK !?

I just noticed that your Pro Pickem picks for Sunday 27 Nov. early games are not in.