PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Week 12 @ Philly

pbmax
11-28-2016, 10:35 PM
Finally a fun one to write.

Defense pulled it together against a hampered Philly offense. Matthews and Rodgers hurt but gut it out. Randall survived the game.

Offense continued to improve; Adams, Cobb and Nelson delivering. Spriggs has a starting gig now until Lang gets healthy.

pbmax
11-28-2016, 10:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyZy1kzXUAAopXa.jpg:large

pbmax
11-28-2016, 10:40 PM
I really like the Adams kid. Seems bright and good natured.

Joemailman
11-28-2016, 10:44 PM
Adams looking like the guy they thought they drafted.

Keep Matthews inside.

Not sure Spriggs is moving anyone in the running game, but his pass blocking is solid.

Bakh and Bulaga were great.

ThunderDan
11-28-2016, 10:44 PM
He just needed to be concussed to get his head straight.

beveaux1
11-28-2016, 10:45 PM
I really like the Adams kid. Seems bright and good natured.

He's becoming a top receiver. Has quickness and suddenness and can beat man.

Joemailman
11-28-2016, 10:47 PM
Get rid of the ball quickly and YAC goes up.

beveaux1
11-28-2016, 10:48 PM
The offense looks to be rounding into shape. We've seen improvement the last 4 or 5 weeks and this was their first complete game. Still not confident in the defense.

pbmax
11-28-2016, 10:49 PM
Rodgers mentioned this in on field interview. After injury, he went pistol and shotgun more than under center. Some of the best plays they had in first half were under center. Hope he can get back under there.

pbmax
11-28-2016, 10:49 PM

Yep. Receivers don't come to a stop.

pbmax
11-28-2016, 10:51 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
McCarthy: Good team win. Obviously we needed it. Can't say enough about our locker room continuing to stay the course. #GBvsPHI

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 45s45 seconds ago
McCarthy: Proud of our football team. They're a great bunch of men to coach. We'll build off this game. #GBvsPHI

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
McCarthy: I thought Davante Adams was key for us. In 1-on-1s he won big at big times. Davante's playing his best football of his career.

pbmax
11-28-2016, 10:56 PM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 10s10 seconds ago
#Packers LB Clay Matthews is not wearing a sling but he's holding his arm at 90 degrees. He said the early diagnosis was injured AC joint.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 12m12 minutes ago
Clay Matthews: "I landed on my shoulder and I think I messed up my AC joint. I’m in a little bit of pain, but that’s all right." #Packers

pbmax
11-28-2016, 11:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyZ6TciW8AAv6-d.jpg:large

pbmax
11-28-2016, 11:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQZRA7wft1I&feature=youtu.be

Joemailman
11-28-2016, 11:08 PM
Rogers PC starting. http://www.packers.com/media-center/live-webcasts.html

Joemailman
11-28-2016, 11:16 PM
last drive was 17 plays.

pbmax
11-28-2016, 11:25 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 16m16 minutes ago
Rodgers on fast start by the #Packers offense: We converted third downs. That was key...The offensive line dominated, no sacks. #GBvsPHI

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 14m14 minutes ago
Rodgers on @tae15adams: Davante was getting open a lot tonight. He was making some great plays for us. #GBvsPHI

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 12m12 minutes ago
Rodgers: I hurt my hamstring on the first drive in the second half when I was extending the play...I'll be good to go. #GBvsPHI

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 11m11 minutes ago
Rodgers on 17-play drive that took 8:21 off the clock: Got to be one of the most gratifying drives we've had here in a long time. #GBvsPHI

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8m8 minutes ago
Rodgers: Big difference between 4-7 & 5-6. Still have a lot in front of us we'd like to accomplish, this was a step in the right direction.

pbmax
11-28-2016, 11:41 PM
Drew Magary @drewmagary
WHAT IS IN THE MYSTERY TENT AMERICA WANTS ANSWERS

AJ Hawk ‏@OfficialAJHawk
AJ Hawk Retweeted Drew Magary
The tent is used for a bathroom breaks and privacy when you need trainers to wrap/check on injury. #GBvsPHI

CaptainKickass
11-28-2016, 11:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQZRA7wft1I&feature=youtu.be

Wow man.

You really know how to cut to the core of me.

pbmax
11-28-2016, 11:54 PM
Wow man.

You really know how to cut to the core of me.

Just seemed like solid advice that perhaps a few Rats could use. Especially the Texas based ones.

pbmax
11-29-2016, 12:08 AM
Chris Banjo working blue. Answer on Twitter about interior of tent.

Ian Rapaport @RapSheet
I hope as least one sidebar writer in the #Packers beat crew has been dispatched to the shady sideline tent. We must know what's in there.

Chris Banjo
Bathroom..with a sink..hand soap..and lotion

channtheman
11-29-2016, 12:31 AM

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Plus the offense starts to work.

VegasPackFan
11-29-2016, 03:04 AM
The tent is the official "Packers Najeh Davenport Pavilion"

channtheman
11-29-2016, 04:10 AM
The tent is the official "Packers Najeh Davenport Pavilion"

:lol:

woodbuck27
11-29-2016, 05:40 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyZ6TciW8AAv6-d.jpg:large

Just trying to keep last nights huge win in perspective:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016112800/2016/REG12/packers@eagles#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000 000748321&tab=recap ..... (See Packers @ Eagles Highlights)

The Packers defeated a team last night that has a Rookie QB and a hampered 'O'.

Philly entered that game sliding with a last five 1-4 record as a result of this matchup.

On the plus side:

Aaron Rodgers had that look back in his eyes. He was going to do all he needed to for the 'W'.

That second TD pass to/for D. Adams was just spectacular. That was thrown into a one square foot window with mustard.

The OL gave ARod ample protection.

It's maybe being over looked but James Starks carried the ball 17 times to help a lot with domination and TOP.

Having Clay back helped and is Julius Peppers playing for another contract?

The secondary is still giving WR's too much room.

Carolina_Packer
11-29-2016, 06:02 AM
Did the approach on offense change much? Early on I loved that they were getting the ball out quickly to open receivers and moving the chains, possessing the ball, instead of stubbornly insisting on taking the shot plays. Now, they still had some shot plays, but I think they work when you chip away first. Of course it helps when they are that successful on third down, but I think being patient for the shot plays with short, effective passes worked well. Thank goodness for Cook's presence. He may not have had a lot of catches, but I think his presence matters.

Fritz
11-29-2016, 06:26 AM
I teared up when I watched. That was beautiful, PB. the wisdom of the ages being passed down, apropos of nothing else in this thread as far as I can tell.

Pugger
11-29-2016, 07:17 AM
Did the approach on offense change much? Early on I loved that they were getting the ball out quickly to open receivers and moving the chains, possessing the ball, instead of stubbornly insisting on taking the shot plays. Now, they still had some shot plays, but I think they work when you chip away first. Of course it helps when they are that successful on third down, but I think being patient for the shot plays with short, effective passes worked well. Thank goodness for Cook's presence. He may not have had a lot of catches, but I think his presence matters.

It was nice to see us go back to the dink and dunk with a few bombs tossed in for good measure. Those slants are so damn hard to defend. I hope AR's hammy isn't serious. And I too think having Cook in there does make a difference for the rest of the receivers.

Maxie the Taxi
11-29-2016, 07:33 AM
It's called taking what the defense gives you.

pbmax
11-29-2016, 08:51 AM
I teared up when I watched. That was beautiful, PB. the wisdom of the ages being passed down, apropos of nothing else in this thread as far as I can tell.

You are welcome my friend!

pbmax
11-29-2016, 09:02 AM
It's called taking what the defense gives you.

It is, but notice that M3 has now really moved in the direction of running routes to put coverage away from someone else. Its not complete, but he has a package he is willing to call with a bunch of guys. Many of these are screens, but OK. That helps when the running game is not percolating.

So there is a reason and method to springing these guys open early. It was also partly a choice of Philly, they usually had one corner backed off when Packers WR were wide.

They also attacked the middle of the field with slants with Adams and inside routes with Cook. Cook only had 2 or 3 targets, but he forced defenders to be in the middle with him.

By the time the Eagles would have adjusted, the Packers discovered they could pass block these guys and take some deep shots against the one on one coverage. Spriggs lost the handle on Cox a couple times, but the kid battles and recovers. He's like the anti-Marshmallow. I still don't think this offense can operate like NE or old school Montana San Fran and nickel and dime their way to a TD.

But you don't have to do it 100% of the time if you can go deep.

It all fits together well in a game like this. The only thing I didn't see were crossing routes.

Zool
11-29-2016, 09:11 AM
Does anyone else worry about Cook's hands? Also, he runs like Herman Munster. How on earth is he so fast?

pbmax
11-29-2016, 09:30 AM
Does anyone else worry about Cook's hands? Also, he runs like Herman Munster. How on earth is he so fast?

He does have those bobble TE hands. But it somehow seems to work. He is like the unholy union of Bubba Franks and Finley. Gets the blocking from Finley though.

pbmax
11-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Just watched the extended highlights on NFL.com

They are at the top of this article http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000748205/article/the-debrief-week-13-dont-count-out-packers-over-final-stretch?campaign=Twitter_atn

Mike Daniels was double teamed or chipped on each pass rush I saw. There is a reason the other three rushers were getting there first.

Kenny Clark on the goal like not only got penetration and nearly got Wentz, but he blew up the Center AND Guard. It was a helluva take off.

Fletcher Cox put Spriggs on skates on the 50 yard completion to Adams. But Spriggs held on and Cox never got loose. Spriggs did this mainly by committing one of the greatest non-called holds ever. This kid plays like a vet!

I lied earlier, Packers ran at least on crossing route. The pass that deflected off Cook was a three man cross. Jordy went through first but Randall was late as his guy was holding him on a 5 yard chuck for the entire 5 yards. Cook came open late but I think the pass was either behind him or it was to Cobb, who did shake the guy eventually.

pbmax
11-29-2016, 10:33 AM
The Eagles were the #1 Defense in the NFL at Football Outsiders. And the Packers just ran them over on the road. That is a big deal.

The Eagles Offense was ranked #21. They held them to 13 on the road. That's how it should be. There were no monster ruptures like the past 4 games. Eagles had no gains over 24 and only 4 over 20 yards for the game (Packers had 5 including the 50 yarder).

So its good, but the D needs to be tighter. And the pass rush must get consistent.

Maxie the Taxi
11-29-2016, 10:45 AM
He does have those bobble TE hands. But it somehow seems to work. He is like the unholy union of Bubba Franks and Finley. Gets the blocking from Finley though.I think it's instructive that the Pack has two "move" TE's on its practice squad. Cook's future in GB is far from settled.

pbmax
11-29-2016, 10:47 AM
I think it's instructive that the Pack has two "move" TE's on its practice squad. Cook's future in GB is far from settled.

I like what I have seen from him on his routes. But its been pretty limited so far. Part of that is obviously the foot and ankle problems.

Maxie the Taxi
11-29-2016, 11:02 AM
The Eagles were the #1 Defense in the NFL at Football Outsiders. And the Packers just ran them over on the road. That is a big deal.

The Eagles Offense was ranked #21. They held them to 13 on the road. That's how it should be. There were no monster ruptures like the past 4 games. Eagles had no gains over 24 and only 4 over 20 yards for the game (Packers had 5 including the 50 yarder).

So its good, but the D needs to be tighter. And the pass rush must get consistent.I didn't and won't watch the game again because it might cause me to change my mind, but my impression is that when Dom rushed five or more we had potential to disrupt the rookie QB. Conclusion: Our front "four" just isn't good enough to disrupt consistently, even against a patchwork O-line like the Iggles. So, Dom has to blitz to apply disruptive pressure. The problem is Clay is no longer a Kahlil Mack. Peppers is getting by on vet saavy and Perry has his moments.

I agree our pass rush MUST get better, but what's the answer? If Dom doesn't come up with one a veteran QB will have his way with this defense.

gbgary
11-29-2016, 11:42 AM
Rodgers mentioned this in on field interview. After injury, he went pistol and shotgun more than under center. Some of the best plays they had in first half were under center. Hope he can get back under there.

been saying for years they need to do more from under center. it makes the d hesitate for a second and our plays aren't so predictable.

gbgary
11-29-2016, 11:54 AM
I didn't and won't watch the game again because it might cause me to change my mind, but my impression is that when Dom rushed five or more we had potential to disrupt the rookie QB. Conclusion: Our front "four" just isn't good enough to disrupt consistently, even against a patchwork O-line like the Iggles. So, Dom has to blitz to apply disruptive pressure. The problem is Clay is no longer a Kahlil Mack. Peppers is getting by on vet saavy and Perry has his moments.

I agree our pass rush MUST get better, but what's the answer? If Dom doesn't come up with one a veteran QB will have his way with this defense.

our d was still pretty bad. wentz was hitting wide open guys. still say we need to blitz less, and play bump and run, with our secondary so weak. dallas doesn't blitz. they keep their guys in coverage and play physical. it's paid off for them and their secondary may be worse off than ours.

Carolina_Packer
11-29-2016, 11:56 AM
I didn't and won't watch the game again because it might cause me to change my mind, but my impression is that when Dom rushed five or more we had potential to disrupt the rookie QB. Conclusion: Our front "four" just isn't good enough to disrupt consistently, even against a patchwork O-line like the Iggles. So, Dom has to blitz to apply disruptive pressure. The problem is Clay is no longer a Kahlil Mack. Peppers is getting by on vet saavy and Perry has his moments.

On a very basic level, I think it begins with stopping the run. That allows more manageable down and distance for the defense, and ensures the likelihood that the other team is going to pass, which means pass rush. There's the rub. Can they generate enough pass rush without exposing the inexperience or lack of healthy talent at corner? I think we've seen what happens when the pass rush does not cause the QB to move off of his mark.

Joemailman
11-29-2016, 12:08 PM
Mike Daniels getting double-teamed on pass plays. One more reason to keep Matthews inside. He might be able to exploit the double-teams and find a lane up the middle.

beveaux1
11-29-2016, 12:13 PM
We do not play very well in zone coverage. Capers has had to use it because of the health of his secondary and as a hedge to limit the long completions. I don't know if our poor zone coverage is a result of bad play from our ILBs or if it's the safety or CB play. Perhaps PB has some insights he would like to share.

I do know that receivers seem to have no problem finding the holes in our zones, no matter their experience level. I also agree with Maxie that we apply no pressure without blitzing. The good news is that the only veteran QBs we'll face in the coming weeks are Bradford, Wilson, and Stafford, and 2 of them have pretty poor offensive personnel.

Smidgeon
11-29-2016, 03:44 PM
He's becoming a top receiver. Has quickness and suddenness and can beat man.

And his route running is becoming liquid smooth too. Must've really been injured last year. Badly.

gbgary
11-29-2016, 03:52 PM
Mike Daniels getting double-teamed on pass plays. One more reason to keep Matthews inside. He might be able to exploit the double-teams and find a lane up the middle.

i was was hoping they'd leave cm3 in the middle from the get-go. that's where he should end his career. on passing downs he can stay in there and rush from o/s if they want him to. to me it's the natural progression of things.

denverYooper
11-29-2016, 04:46 PM

So its good, but the D needs to be tighter. And the pass rush must get consistent.

Schwartz has also given M3 + Rodgers fits in the past given similar horsepower on his DL.

Fritz
11-29-2016, 05:08 PM
I dislike Gruden but he made a good point last night: your pass rushers include five first round picks - Clark, Jones, Perry, Matthews, and Peppers. Uh, somebody should be getting home pretty regularly, no?

Joemailman
11-29-2016, 05:58 PM
On the one TD Pass to Adams (not the slant), were he and Cobb supposed to be that close together? It looked like Cobb thought for an instant it was intended for him. http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Spanish-highlight-Rodgers-threads-needle-to-Adams/2997d187-739b-42ba-91f5-c9df2fc823f4

Maxie the Taxi
11-29-2016, 06:03 PM
I dislike Gruden but he made a good point last night: your pass rushers include five first round picks - Clark, Jones, Perry, Matthews, and Peppers. Uh, somebody should be getting home pretty regularly, no?

"First Round Pick" is a relative term. Consider the following:

Clark, drafted #27, selected before Clark: Joey Bosa, Leonard Floyd, Sheldon Rankins, Darron Lee

Jones, drafted #26, selected before Jones: Ezekiel Ansah, Barkevious Mingo, Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei, Sharrif Floyd, Jarvis Jones

Perry, drafted #28, selected before Perry: Luke Kuechly, Fletcher Cox, Bruce Irvin, Chandler Jones, Dont'a Hightower, Whitney Mercilus

Matthews, selected before Matthews: Brian Orakpo, Robert Ayers,

Peppers, 2nd overall pick in 2002

The point is "First Round" does not always mean "First Round," especially when one of the First Rounders was drafted 14 years ago.

gbgary
11-29-2016, 06:06 PM
On the one TD Pass to Adams (not the slant), were he and Cobb supposed to be that close together? It looked like Cobb thought for an instant it was intended for him.

you certainly wouldn't think so. someone f'd up.

gbgary
11-29-2016, 06:16 PM

yeah...if any one of them (besides matthews) was really that good. peppers is old, chark is rookie, jones is a bust as a 1st rounder but he'd be considered ok for someone drafted in the later rounds, perry is having a good year and hopefully continues to improve. again...drafting where we do on top of questionable talent evaluation gets you what we have.

pbmax
11-29-2016, 08:05 PM
our d was still pretty bad. wentz was hitting wide open guys. still say we need to blitz less, and play bump and run, with our secondary so weak. dallas doesn't blitz. they keep their guys in coverage and play physical. it's paid off for them and their secondary may be worse off than ours.

If they commit to playing zone for an extended period, they can close some of that up. They just play so little of it that its not instinctive. I think they need it to be able to staunch the threats of big plays.

They do that, get some pass rush and keep playing offense this way, you might have something.

pbmax
11-29-2016, 08:07 PM
They were getting four man pressure later in the game and then on last drive. But it needs to be from the get go.

Zool
11-30-2016, 09:08 AM
On the one TD Pass to Adams (not the slant), were he and Cobb supposed to be that close together? It looked like Cobb thought for an instant it was intended for him. http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Spanish-highlight-Rodgers-threads-needle-to-Adams/2997d187-739b-42ba-91f5-c9df2fc823f4

This is happening multiple times every week. It makes me wonder if it's designed, or people are screwing up.

Pugger
11-30-2016, 09:13 AM
"First Round Pick" is a relative term. Consider the following:

Clark, drafted #27, selected before Clark: Joey Bosa, Leonard Floyd, Sheldon Rankins, Darron Lee

Jones, drafted #26, selected before Jones: Ezekiel Ansah, Barkevious Mingo, Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei, Sharrif Floyd, Jarvis Jones

Perry, drafted #28, selected before Perry: Luke Kuechly, Fletcher Cox, Bruce Irvin, Chandler Jones, Dont'a Hightower, Whitney Mercilus

Matthews, selected before Matthews: Brian Orakpo, Robert Ayers,

Peppers, 2nd overall pick in 2002

The point is "First Round" does not always mean "First Round," especially when one of the First Rounders was drafted 14 years ago.

And often when we were drafting late by the time our turn came the guys were choosing from were really second rounders. All the good ones were long gone.

Maxie the Taxi
11-30-2016, 10:30 AM
And often when we were drafting late by the time our turn came the guys were choosing from were really second rounders. All the good ones were long gone.By the way, Matthews was #26 seven years ago. Plus, on the three occasions we've had to draft at or near the top of the draft, we're only one out of three so to speak (BJ Raji with #9 in 2009). Justin Harrell at #16 was a classic bust and AJ Hawk at #5 was not the difference-maker we had all hoped for.

Patler
11-30-2016, 11:32 AM
By the way, Matthews was #26 seven years ago. Plus, on the three occasions we've had to draft at or near the top of the draft, we're only one out of three so to speak (BJ Raji with #9 in 2009). Justin Harrell at #16 was a classic bust and AJ Hawk at #5 was not the difference-maker we had all hoped for.

...and TT was wise enough to trade up to get Matthews when he was available.

AJ Hawk wasn't the player we hoped, but an awful lot of players taken after him in the first round that year wouldn't have been either. You can only pick from those available, and while everyone can now say Tom Brady or Brett Favre would have been great picks even at #1, in reality only a limited number of players have college resumes and workouts sufficient for consideration in the top of the first round.

VegasPackFan
11-30-2016, 03:01 PM
While AJ never became a superstar player, he is the all-time leading tackler for the Packers. That's at least longevity and consistency there.

ThunderDan
11-30-2016, 03:50 PM
While AJ never became a superstar player, he is the all-time leading tackler for the Packers. That's at least longevity and consistency there.

Yup, I was a big AJ Hawk supporter. He was never flashy but made tackles even if they were 6 yards down field. I use to defend him against the "we should have drafted Davis the TE" PackerRats on this board.

But to compare what Hawk and Clay does is ridiculous. Clay is explosive, Hawk was a plodder after his first couple years in GB.

Smidgeon
11-30-2016, 05:55 PM
Yup, I was a big AJ Hawk supporter. He was never flashy but made tackles even if they were 6 yards down field. I use to defend him against the "we should have drafted Davis the TE" PackerRats on this board.

But to compare what Hawk and Clay does is ridiculous. Clay is explosive, Hawk was a plodder after his first couple years in GB.

Hawk tested at the combine favorably to Matthews. The athleticism, the explosion, all of it. But he only showed a fraction of it on the field. A microcosm of how scouting is an inexact science.

Rutnstrut
11-30-2016, 08:21 PM
If you have 11 starters on the defense that were AJ Hawk types compared to 2 or 3 clays, you would have a solid top 5 defense. The reliability beats the 1 or 2 big plays every 2 or 3 games any day.

pbmax
11-30-2016, 08:50 PM
If you have 11 starters on the defense that were AJ Hawk types compared to 2 or 3 clays, you would have a solid top 5 defense. The reliability beats the 1 or 2 big plays every 2 or 3 games any day.

This alarming case relies on AJ Hawk being a rookie and Clay Matthews being hurt.

Since the preponderance of their career has been the opposite of that, I feel safe in predicting that a Hawk level defense would be Top 5 in points allowed. 7 yards per play allowed.

Rutnstrut
11-30-2016, 10:09 PM
This alarming case relies on AJ Hawk being a rookie and Clay Matthews being hurt.

Since the preponderance of their career has been the opposite of that, I feel safe in predicting that a Hawk level defense would be Top 5 in points allowed. 7 yards per play allowed.

My point being I'll take the show up every day, lunch pail type of player any day over the fragile "superstar".

pbmax
11-30-2016, 10:32 PM
wp

Zool
12-01-2016, 08:26 AM
I fondly remember Hawk and Barnett chasing people down from behind. Sure they had already gained 6 or 7 yards, but hell, I'll take a 7 yard gain for a possible sack any day.

Isn't Rut always complaining about a lack of playmakers on D?

RashanGary
12-01-2016, 09:38 AM
Rodgers is back. He has an awesome ugly mustache! That stupid woman of his has been dressing him like a Ken doll. Now he's back to being a bro!!

Pugger
12-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Rodgers is back. He has an awesome ugly mustache! That stupid woman of his has been dressing him like a Ken doll. Now he's back to being a bro!!

I can't imagine many women liking that god-awful mustache. :-P

Fritz
12-01-2016, 10:39 AM
I can't imagine many women liking that god-awful pornstache. :-P

Fixed it for you.

pbmax
12-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Did Olivia dress him up as Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski?

Thought he has a beard now?

Fritz
12-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Slow news week, clearly. But I guess that's a lot better than discussing whether Thompson or McCarthy or everyone should be fired. Or if Torrance Marshall's girlfriend is really Torrance Marshall's girlfriend.

beveaux1
12-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Just saw a stat on the NFL Network. It said Davante Adams has more yards than any receiver in football since Week 5. I knew he'd been playing lights out, but I didn't think he'd been this good.