PDA

View Full Version : Pimps & Hoes - Balding Eagles

Anti-Polar Bear
11-29-2016, 01:50 AM
The Packers are only 5-6 so don't be so jolly. All this win does is move the Pack a bit further away from Leo Fournette.

Hoes:

Mr. Hyde - Looks like Capers had a shot of the dope cognizance at halftime. The downtrodden DC finally benched Hyde for most of the 2nd half. It wasn't a coincidence that the D suddenly played better with Hyde on the bench. Mr. Hyde is an abomination.

Thomas: Dreadful. Couldn't cover anyone. Couldn't shed blocks. A liability against the run. At least his old man got some air time for being the oldest D-1 RB ever. According to Ted Thompson, the mother of incompetence, the 55 year old Thomas Sr. is a better NFL prospect than Leo Fournette, a Switch Hitter clone.

Randall- As a high school shutdown corner, Neon Deion was my hero. Like Deion, I didn't like to tackle. But I tackled better back then, especially against Darren Charles and mighty Oshkosh North, than Randall did tonight. That missed tackle where Randall drove at the opponent's feet was the mother of embarrassment.

McCarthy - The fat man is giving Allison, a sex-addict, playing time at receiver over Janis, a bomb threat. That ain't right.

Starks - The Rocksteady is washed up. The Packers are better off without Bebob (Fat Lacy) and Rocksteady (Grandpa Starks). Just feed the fucking rock to Monty and C-Mike from now on! And Rip, too, so not to upset the Aryan Race.

Pimps -

Great Arm of Butte: Drops deflated his stats. Threw some nice bullets and a couple of magnificent bombs.

Claymaker : Didn't do anything extraordinary at ILB. But a pimp for shaking off that barbarous blind side block and rejoining combat. Claymaker the OLB would've waved the white flag and gone home after such a barbarous hit.

Adams: Was the "Gruden Grinder" of the game. Not bad for the "Fresno Fraud."

Spriggs: There's a thread prior to this season in which we all debated where Spiggs' best position is at. I was like, "Jason Spriggs? Ain't he that dude who fucked a pie in 'American Pie'? Anyways, Spiggs would make a nice OG." Don't say I didn't tell y'all so.

woodbuck27
11-29-2016, 05:52 AM
:bclap: for effort and imagination.

I liked the effort that James Starks provided (17 carries) and the Packs domination and TOP. A lot of a RB's contribution and yards per carry depends on what his OL gives him and opening holes.

Adams looked like a Pro Bowl WR last night.

Cobb looks like he's back.

I can't wait to see how last nights effort carries over to the next game.

Fritz
11-29-2016, 06:09 AM
I'm a little confused about the thread title. Which one is better? The pimp or the ho? I mean, aren't hoes the ones who deliver the goods and get the job done, while pimps merely sit on the sidelines, so to speak, collecting a paycheck?

Maxie the Taxi
11-29-2016, 07:12 AM
I'm a little confused about the thread title. Which one is better? The pimp or the ho? I mean, aren't hoes the ones who deliver the goods and get the job done, while pimps merely sit on the sidelines, so to speak, collecting a paycheck?You got me. I ran APB's first post in this thread through Google Translate and still nothing. :sad:

Zool
11-29-2016, 08:41 AM
The Packers are only 5-6 so don't be so jolly.

Are you only happy when it rains?

PA Pack Fan
11-29-2016, 05:06 PM
I'm a little confused about the thread title. Which one is better? The pimp or the ho? I mean, aren't hoes the ones who deliver the goods and get the job done, while pimps merely sit on the sidelines, so to speak, collecting a paycheck?

It is so fucking stupid. Studs and Duds plz.

Studs:

Rogers
Adams
Ripkowski
Spriggs

Duds:

Mathews
Cook

pbmax
11-29-2016, 07:59 PM
Are you only happy when it rains?

He's only happy when it's complicated...

Zool
11-30-2016, 09:06 AM

Thank you PB!

Pugger
11-30-2016, 09:09 AM

That's because he can't understand it.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-30-2016, 09:44 AM
It is so fucking stupid. Studs and Duds plz.

Studs-Duds/Winners-Losers are boring and overused all over cyberspace.

Mice/Men, Starks/Lannisters, Teds/Tanks, and yes, Pimps/Hoes are all racy and should be used more often.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-30-2016, 10:04 AM
I am a big fan of McGinn, but I don't know what game he watched the other day. He has Spriggs as a hoe and Thomas as a pimp in his post-game rating.

On the second play Spriggs was destroyed by Cox for the first of his three “bad” runs. He also gave up four pressures, including three by Cox. He’s too light for guard, especially when the opponent has incredible strength. It was a mauling. Spriggs struggled when to set his anchor against bull rush. At times, he waited too long to shoot his hands and kept getting walked back. He was knocked around and down often...Joe Thomas (59) might have played his finest game in Green Bay.

Except when the Packers are getting their asses kicked badly, or when the Great Arm of Butte is underperforming, I prefer not to participate in the popular Game Day thread cos I like to focus 100% of my brainpower on the game.

Not once did Gruden, arguably the best football analyst out there, said Sprigg's name, which means Spriggs was "doing his job", as Belichick is found of saying. Every time I saw Thomas on the TV, he was getting burned by TE/RBs in coverage or crushed by O-linemen against the run.

pbmax
11-30-2016, 10:12 AM
Both things about Spriggs are true. He did get worked at times and he probably isn't a Guard. He also got walked back on skates and lost his guy on a stunt once (the personal foul play). But here is what he does do:

1. He is a better pass blocker than Barclay.

2. Even when getting thrashed, he stays in front of his guy. Blocking doesn't have to be about beating someone by driving into the turf. Getting in their way is often enough.

2. Except on that stunt, he did not get fooled and whiff immediately.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-30-2016, 10:54 AM
Both things about Spriggs are true. He did get worked at times and he probably isn't a Guard. He also got walked back on skates and lost his guy on a stunt once (the personal foul play). But here is what he does do:

1. He is a better pass blocker than Barclay.

2. Even when getting thrashed, he stays in front of his guy. Blocking doesn't have to be about beating someone by driving into the turf. Getting in their way is often enough.

2. Except on that stunt, he did not get fooled and whiff immediately.

Maybe if Spriggs gains a few more pounds, he could become a "swing" lineman down the road. Swinging often is a fulfilling lifestyle. :jig:

Patler
11-30-2016, 11:25 AM
Except when the Packers are getting their asses kicked badly, or when the Great Arm of Butte is underperforming, I prefer not to participate in the popular Game Day thread cos I like to focus 100% of my brainpower on the game.

Not once did Gruden, arguably the best football analyst out there, said Sprigg's name, which means Spriggs was "doing his job", as Belichick is found of saying. Every time I saw Thomas on the TV, he was getting burned by TE/RBs in coverage or crushed by O-linemen against the run.

Apparently 100% of your brain power was insufficent for you to comprehend the several comments about Spriggs that Gruden made, including one when he got manhandled.

PA Pack Fan
11-30-2016, 12:25 PM
Studs-Duds/Winners-Losers are boring and overused all over cyberspace.

Mice/Men, Starks/Lannisters, Teds/Tanks, and yes, Pimps/Hoes are all racy and should be used more often.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, even if it's stupid.....like yours.

Harlan Huckleby
11-30-2016, 01:44 PM
Duds:

Mathews

Guy probably got a shoulder separation from a vicious (and cheap) blind side hit from Allen Barbre. He came back and played with one arm hanging. Jeez.

edit: Barbre's hit was legal, but barely legal, and I don't mean that in the good way. Well, that's football.

Harlan Huckleby
11-30-2016, 01:45 PM
Just feed the fucking rock to Monty and C-Mike from now on! And Rip, too, so not to upset the Aryan Race.

yes.

yetisnowman
11-30-2016, 02:11 PM
Guy probably got a shoulder separation from a vicious (and cheap) blind side hit from Allen Barbre. He came back and played with one arm hanging. Jeez.

edit: Barbre's hit was legal, but barely legal, and I don't mean that in the good way. Well, that's football.

Disagree. Clay's got to be aware of downfield blockers in that spot. Once he turns his shoulders toward the runner he is fair game. Not above the neck, not from behind, no use of the helmet. Just a vicious , clean hit. I would be ecstatic if a Packer layed a block or hit like that.

channtheman
11-30-2016, 04:43 PM
Apparently 100% of your brain power was insufficent for you to comprehend the several comments about Spriggs that Gruden made, including one when he got manhandled.

I applaud you for having the ability to listen to Gruden all game. We muted him before the game started.

Harlan Huckleby
11-30-2016, 05:58 PM
Disagree. Clay's got to be aware of downfield blockers in that spot. Once he turns his shoulders toward the runner he is fair game. Not above the neck, not from behind, no use of the helmet. Just a vicious , clean hit. I would be ecstatic if a Packer layed a block or hit like that.

Creaming a player who can't see you coming is part of the game. Doesn't make me ecstatic, it's an ugly play.

yetisnowman
11-30-2016, 06:41 PM
Creaming a player who can't see you coming is part of the game. Doesn't make me ecstatic, it's an ugly play.

Well I guess I would just point out the distinction between "can't" see you coming, and "didn't" see you coming. Clay was chasing after the ball and had a legitimate shot at the runner. Oh well. I'm disappointed Clay's dinged up because of it.

Harlan Huckleby
11-30-2016, 07:15 PM
Well I guess I would just point out the distinction between "can't" see you coming, and "didn't" see you coming.

good lord. look at the play. he was blindsided. It was cheap. But legal. Nothing I like to see, it's ugly and unfortunate.

Rutnstrut
11-30-2016, 08:35 PM

and something Clay would do in a heartbeat.

Harlan Huckleby
11-30-2016, 08:58 PM
and something Clay would do in a heartbeat.

ya, true enough. I don't like cheap shots from anybody.

RashanGary
11-30-2016, 09:14 PM
I think it's the right way to play. You fuck the opponent up when you can.

yetisnowman
12-01-2016, 07:46 AM
good lord. look at the play. he was blindsided. It was cheap. But legal. Nothing I like to see, it's ugly and unfortunate.

I saw the play. Many times. I'll say it again. Clay didn't have his head on a swivel, and wasn't aware of downfield blockers. And he got lit up. Welcome to football.
But don't worry, our vanilla finesse team never lays the wood like this. Your sensibilities are safe.

Fritz
12-01-2016, 10:48 AM
I laugh when I read people writing about "soft" teams. One hit from an NFL team's smallest defensive back - anyone's smallest defensive back, any team - would lay any of us out (including you).

I'm also not sure how anyone judges "soft." How is that determined?

ThunderDan
12-01-2016, 12:38 PM
I saw the play. Many times. I'll say it again. Clay didn't have his head on a swivel, and wasn't aware of downfield blockers. And he got lit up. Welcome to football.
But don't worry, our vanilla finesse team never lays the wood like this. Your sensibilities are safe.

I don't think the Eagles D feels this way after the game. The Packer O laid the wood over and over during the game.

Fritz
12-01-2016, 01:25 PM
I don't think the Eagles D feels this way after the game. The Packer O laid the wood over and over during the game.

In the NFL, is it better to lay the wood or lay the pipe? These metaphors confuse me.

pbmax
12-01-2016, 01:54 PM
In the NFL, is it better to lay the wood or lay the pipe? These metaphors confuse me.

Off hours, lay pipe.

Work hours, bring the wood.

Harlan Huckleby
12-01-2016, 02:02 PM
I saw the play. Many times. I'll say it again. Clay didn't have his head on a swivel, and wasn't aware of downfield blockers.
Your characterization is ridiculous. Clay is running laterally, in pursuit of a runner who is upfield. The cheapshot came from downfield, behind him. There is no way he can pursue the runner and have his head swiveling. He's focused on the runner, and is not an owl in any event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixPZYFbpCCQ

This was a dirty cheap shot, and just barely legal.

Harlan Huckleby
12-01-2016, 02:07 PM
After rewatching the play, it wasn't even legal. Barbre hit him from behind. The hit rotated MAtthews' body and made it look like he hit him from the side.

This sort of cheap shot can happen on open field runs, especially punt returns, where the pursuing would-be tackler is focused upfield and a blocker comes in from behind. Blaming the defender for not having his "head on a swivel" is just absurd. They have to focus on the runner and are completely vulnerable to a cheap shot Actually there is a rule against that cheap shot block, but I forget the name or how it applies.

Whether those hits are legal or not doesn't matter to me. They are cowardly, cheap plays against an unprotected opponent, like a sucker punch in a bar. Maybe they are part of the game sometimes, but it is nothing I want to see.

Harlan Huckleby
12-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Peel-back blocks are illegal if they are below the waist
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/19/4125046/nfl-rule-changes-peel-back-block

"Essentially, it is now illegal to block an opponent from the blindside, at his waist or below, from anywhere on the field. "

Harlan Huckleby
12-01-2016, 02:19 PM
You also can't hit um high if the blindside block is a "crackback" block. I always thought crackbacks involved hits by wide receivers on linebackers cutting back in to the middle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/nfl-expands-defenseless-player-rule-to-crackback-blocks/

woodbuck27
12-01-2016, 03:10 PM

A Picture story:

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-huddle/2011/02/01/cliftonx-large.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqSw_ngQAhGvzXLpZZ5LXGxmgayWdQ7 98piO1pleYobGgkq5ZgvA

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHFhU7JHqseWisArxi4xl8iZU3aEGTg RUV4qpSUzmoTzAq9a4oJQ

Why I respected a former GM and HC named Mike:

http://media.jsonline.com/images/104439564_Sapp%20and%20Sherman.jpg

The result of Bad Karma:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd1aEMmkX7sbYGSdAhkjTrRYEahiBLt c0rtAz2kZqY3q4NBG0l

Sapp 'the Sap'.

yetisnowman
12-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Well semantics aside, I still don't think it was dirty. Borderline maybe. But according to the rules, its legal. So cave man Clay that loves to flex his beastly muscles shouldn't be crying about a retread lineman putting him on his ass. just my opinion.

Patler
12-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Huge difference between the hit on Clifton and that on Matthews. Clifton was half the field width away from the guy with the ball, not really doing anything.
Matthews was the lead guy with a shot at the ball carrier.

I don't see that as a cheap shot at all. Mathews' body was more or less facing toward the sideline, but he had his head turned way to the right looking up field. Barbre's head was in front of Matthews chest, and he clearly hit Matthews on the front of the shoulder because Matthews spun like a top, counterclockwise to land on his back, maybe even past, hitting the same should Barbre hit. If Barbre hit him from behind, Matthews would have gone down chest first, or been spun clockwise.

Matthews shouldn't whine about it.

Fritz
12-02-2016, 02:45 PM
I think this goes back to a Packer locker room of the past, when Clay embarrassed Barbre in front of his teammates by calling him a pussypants.

Don't be mean to people, Clay.

call_me_ishmael
12-02-2016, 03:10 PM
How can anyone say it's not a dirty hit? He could have easily just shoved him lightly and had the same result. Instead he went out of his way to drill him. Dirty hit - no question. Having said that, this stuff happens pretty much every game so it is what it is.

Patler
12-02-2016, 03:26 PM
How can anyone say it's not a dirty hit? He could have easily just shoved him lightly and had the same result. Instead he went out of his way to drill him. Dirty hit - no question. Having said that, this stuff happens pretty much every game so it is what it is.

Matthews was the leading guy perhaps in position to tackle the ball carrier for a loss, and you expect Barbre to hit him lightly? What if Matthews regained his balance enough to throw himself into the ball carrier. How pleased would the Philly coaches have been with Barbre if that had happened? Isn't the objective to make sure he does not impact the play? Do you expect Matthews to hit ball carriers lightly when he is tackling them, becaue maybe that will be enough to get them down? Besides, I think it looked like a harder hit than it might have been, because Matthews was completely unprepared for it. The worst part was hitting the ground like a sack of coal.

yetisnowman
12-02-2016, 03:44 PM

Shoved him lightly? good lord. So if clay comes quick around the edge and Cutler or Stafford has their back to him you think the proper thing to do is for him to lightly shove them to the ground? Or maybe he should should just caress and cradle them softly to the turf? Welcome to football. Sometimes you get rocked and you don't see it coming. I'm all for the advancement of rules that protect player safety. As vicious as it was shoulder/arms meets chest/shoulder. no head, neck, or knees.

ThunderDan
12-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Shoved him lightly? good lord. So if clay comes quick around the edge and Cutler or Stafford has their back to him you think the proper thing to do is for him to lightly shove them to the ground? Or maybe he should should just caress and cradle them softly to the turf? Welcome to football. Sometimes you get rocked and you don't see it coming. I'm all for the advancement of rules that protect player safety. As vicious as it was shoulder/arms meets chest/shoulder. no head, neck, or knees.

I think the caress and cradle should be put in place for 2017! :-)