PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers: I never lost faith in Davante Adams

woodbuck27
12-01-2016, 01:25 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000749311/article/aaron-rodgers-i-never-lost-faith-in-davante-adams

Aaron Rodgers: I never lost faith in Davante Adams

woodbuck27:

If there is one positive this season 'to date' and Packers....it's the play of Mr. Adams at WR. He has been just great tom watch.

pbmax
12-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Let's all remember that he isn't a leader. Not when they are losing anyway.

gbgary
12-01-2016, 04:46 PM
he's playing well. still want us to draft a wr #1. if a starter loses his job...so be it. Rodgers needs weapons.

Rutnstrut
12-01-2016, 05:01 PM
he's playing well. still want us to draft a wr #1. if a starter loses his job...so be it. Rodgers needs weapons.

Well Adams is getting old and TT likes to keep the team young.

Pugger
12-01-2016, 05:59 PM

I'm gonna assume you are being factious.

Zool
12-01-2016, 06:19 PM
I'm gonna assume you are being factious.

He's trolling like always hoping for reaction. Don't feed him. Remember the movie Gremlins? He's like a mogwai except the midnight rule is 24/7.

Zool
12-01-2016, 06:20 PM

Having Adams as a #2 with a stud #1 would be amazing.

Fritz
12-01-2016, 07:04 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000749311/article/aaron-rodgers-i-never-lost-faith-in-davante-adams

Bretsky: I never lost faith in Davante Adams

woodbuck27:

If there is one positive this season 'to date' and Packers....it's the play of Mr. Adams at WR. He has been just great tom watch.

There.

Joemailman
12-01-2016, 08:03 PM

Yep. He'll turn 24 on Christmas Eve. Time to bring in some new blood. :glug:

pbmax
12-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Callahan probably is Rodgers insurance, but he isn't on the roster yet. So I think Rodgers is good to go this week.

Bretsky
12-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Let's all remember that he isn't a leader. Not when they are losing anyway.

Are you saying he is a great leader ??

pbmax
12-01-2016, 10:56 PM
Are you saying he is a great leader ??

I am saying the trolling concerns of the media and fanbase about the lack of the right kind of leadership has once again proven to be a response to the win loss record, and not any demonstrable lack of leadership.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-02-2016, 07:06 AM
I am saying the trolling concerns of the media and fanbase about the lack of the right kind of leadership has once again proven to be a response to the win loss record, and not any demonstrable lack of leadership.

I guess I don't see it that way. What I see is Rodgers providing lip service when they win, and blaming other folks when they lose. I by no means believe Rodgers is a good leader, a good qb yes, a good leader no.

Pugger
12-02-2016, 07:43 AM
When things aren't going well Rodgers isn't averse to telling us he needs to play better too so I don't know where this idea comes from that he blames others.

red
12-02-2016, 09:08 AM
so, lets say adams keeps playing like he has for the the last 2 or 3 weeks. next year is the last year of his rookie deal

we aren't keeping 3 highly paid WR's, either cobb or jordy will be playing their last year in green bay next season

they'll save just under 7 million in cap space by cutting jordy, and save a little over 6.2 million by cutting cobb

gbgary
12-02-2016, 10:24 AM
so, lets say adams keeps playing like he has for the the last 2 or 3 weeks. next year is the last year of his rookie deal

we aren't keeping 3 highly paid WR's, either cobb or jordy will be playing their last year in green bay next season

they'll save just under 7 million in cap space by cutting jordy, and save a little over 6.2 million by cutting cobb

if tt, or whoever the gm is, doesn't get a wr with our #1 pick, in the interest of building the best possible team, will HAVE to keep ALL of them! the time for cost cutting needs to end. if we get a stud wr and someone has to go...it's cobb. jordy can go to the slot. he can be our cole beasley/julian edelman.

pbmax
12-02-2016, 11:20 AM
They will keep them all unless Nelson is fatally compromised by his knee recovery.

Patler
12-02-2016, 12:15 PM
They will keep them all unless Nelson is fatally compromised by his knee recovery.

I agree. They will find a way to make it work in 2018, after which both Nelson and Cobb will be FAs.

Fritz
12-02-2016, 02:47 PM
I guess I don't see it that way. What I see is Rodgers providing lip service when they win, and blaming other folks when they lose. I by no means believe Rodgers is a good leader, a good qb yes, a good leader no.

I'm with you on this one. I think he's been a fabaliss quarterback but not a guy you'll go to the mat for. Not a great leader.

texaspackerbacker
12-03-2016, 08:08 AM

Say for example, Nelson is the same next year as he is this year. Would you call that "fatally compromised"? Just asking.

texaspackerbacker
12-03-2016, 08:11 AM
Who the hell is a great leader these days, given the attitudes and mentality of players? There are a lot of guys who are a helluva lot worse in that respect than Rodgers. And I really am at a loss to think of any excellent better examples.

Patler
12-03-2016, 10:29 AM
I guess I don't see it that way. What I see is Rodgers providing lip service when they win, and blaming other folks when they lose. I by no means believe Rodgers is a good leader, a good qb yes, a good leader no.I'm with you on this one. I think he's been a fabaliss quarterback but not a guy you'll go to the mat for. Not a great leader.

I have felt that way, too. I have often felt that Rodgers does and says the things that books on leadership suggest should be done. I have written on here before that he spends too much time talking about being a leader, "A leader does this..." "As a leader, I...." In my dealings with real leaders on teams and in businesses, they do things naturally and automatically, and they never talk about being a leader, they just are.

pbmax
12-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Say for example, Nelson is the same next year as he is this year. Would you call that "fatally compromised"? Just asking.

No. Plays all 16 games and is effective if he no longer has top end speed? He stays next year.

Fritz
12-03-2016, 01:29 PM
Pete Dougherty thinks they'll have to trim either Cobb's or Nelson's salary next year.

gbgary
12-03-2016, 04:11 PM
No. Plays all 16 games and is effective if he no longer has top end speed? He stays next year.

he's probably 90-95% of his old self. next year he'll be back for real.

gbgary
12-03-2016, 04:14 PM
Pete Dougherty thinks they'll have to trim either Cobb's or Nelson's salary next year.

love cobb but he's just not as productive as jordy is and jordy's less than 100%. they could use cobb as help to move up in the first round maybe to get a wr.

pbmax
12-03-2016, 05:00 PM

They always think this (KGB four years running) and then end up missing the dissatisfaction with Sitton.