3 Matt Ryan, ATL 50.8 61.8 7.6 3.7 86.3 503 80.7 81.1
4 Kirk Cousins, WSH 40.2 72.3 -0.9 1.6 81.7 553 73.6 74.5
5 Tom Brady, NE 39.7 50.4 2.7 2.0 59.3 360 82.6 82.1
6 Drew Brees, NO 39.3 66.5 1.2 0.4 76.3 562 72.9 73.5
7 Matthew Stafford, DET 36.3 48.8 12.5 3.7 75.2 526 72.6 72.5
8 Jameis Winston, TB 30.2 53.7 3.9 -1.1 65.5 535 69.0 68.7
9 Andrew Luck, IND 29.6 35.6 9.8 3.5 64.6 498 69.9 69.2
10 Marcus Mariota, TEN 27.9 43.1 4.9 4.4 59.8 486 69.3 68.8

Brady would likely be higher if not for DeflateGate.

gbgary
12-05-2016, 05:40 PM
ok...here's one for ya. for at least one series sunday the Packers actually jammed wrs at the line and they did well. i didn't record the game or keep a running tab on how many plays they did this on but i don't think it was many. i think they did this as an experiment for the ospreys game. doing this against another team is different than doing it against your own in practice. i think (i hope) this is what they'll do against sea. i'm hoping they'll treat the sea wrs the same way they're going to be treated. the Packers need to employ the same don't-give-a-shit attitude the ospreys have towards dpi. sea knows the refs won't fuck up the game by calling it on every play so the Pack should go right along with this themselves. do whatever it takes. sea has taken the place of the 49ers (who took it from the cowboys) as our chief out-of-division rival. pay-back is due.

Joemailman
12-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Packers are 2.5 point underdogs at home. How often does that happen?

pbmax
12-05-2016, 11:19 PM
DPI and holding were definitely the way to go with Steratore's crew working the game. They usually have a flag fest but they called next to nothing in the D backfield (I think I remember two calls).

Pugger
12-06-2016, 12:53 AM
Packers are 2.5 point underdogs at home. How often does that happen?

I'm rather surprised it isn't more...

Joemailman
12-06-2016, 08:12 AM
ok...here's one for ya. for at least one series sunday the Packers actually jammed wrs at the line and they did well. i didn't record the game or keep a running tab on how many plays they did this on but i don't think it was many. i think they did this as an experiment for the ospreys game. doing this against another team is different than doing it against your own in practice. i think (i hope) this is what they'll do against sea. i'm hoping they'll treat the sea wrs the same way they're going to be treated. the Packers need to employ the same don't-give-a-shit attitude the ospreys have towards dpi. sea knows the refs won't fuck up the game by calling it on every play so the Pack should go right along with this themselves. do whatever it takes. sea has taken the place of the 49ers (who took it from the cowboys) as our chief out-of-division rival. pay-back is due.

Jamming guys at the line is the best way for Gunter to play I think. Think Al Harris. I just don't know if guys like Randall and Rollins can play that way. Saw Rollins get tossed like a rag doll on one play.

MadScientist
12-06-2016, 08:43 AM
Jamming guys at the line is the best way for Gunter to play I think. Think Al Harris. I just don't know if guys like Randall and Rollins can play that way. Saw Rollins get tossed like a rag doll on one play.

Can you jam and play zone? If they are playing man, they risk Wilson running wild.

gbgary
12-06-2016, 10:42 AM
I'm rather surprised it isn't more...

vegas. money.

Joemailman
12-06-2016, 10:51 AM
This is the most important game of the year. Is it possible for the Packers to lose and still make the playoffs? Sure. But if the Packers aren't good enough to beat a team like Seattle at home in December, does it really matter if they make the playoffs?

Freak Out
12-06-2016, 11:41 AM
With ET being out with the broken leg it gives me a little hope.....a little. :)

Joemailman
12-06-2016, 11:58 AM
I'm hoping Packers linebackers are healthy. Thomas Rawls destroyed Carolina Sunday night.

Fritz
12-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Can you jam and play zone? If they are playing man, they risk Wilson running wild.

This are a good point. I think Wilson's legs are going to kill the Packers. Then, when they try to play zone, he'll drop bombs between defenders. I'm not sanguine about this game. At all. The Packers seem overmatched here.

Joemailman
12-06-2016, 03:41 PM
This are a good point. I think Wilson's legs are going to kill the Packers. Then, when they try to play zone, he'll drop bombs between defenders. I'm not sanguine about this game. At all. The Packers seem overmatched here.

One thing about McCarthy though is he does seem to get this team ready to play when they seem overmatched. I also think the zone they've been playing has tightened up a bit since Randall and Rollins have returned. The weather on Sunday could be much like it was last Sunday. That might work to the Packers advantage if the Seattle receivers aren't used to playing on a slippery snowy field. The one receiver last week who didn't seem fazed by the playing conditions was Jordy Nelson.

pbmax
12-06-2016, 03:42 PM

You can if you play Cover 3 Bail. Seattle does this. You can tell when Sherman is on the LOS, jams a receiver with one hand and retreats in a side step.

Unless a throw is made, his job is to jam receiver while retreating to a mid- to deep zone drop for his 1/3 of the field.

pbmax
12-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Rap Sheet

#Seahawks officially placed S Earl Thomas on Injured Reserve, ending his season after the cracked tibia. They signed Jeron Johnson for depth

Fritz
12-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Sometimes - and I say this as a general comment, not specifically directed at this game - some perspective is good. I just watched a ten-minute highlight reel of the 2010 NFC Championship game - Packers and Bears. The game where Cuntler went out in the third quarter. Then Todd Collins, then a third stringer, Caleb Hanie. Despite what would seem a tremendous advantage, seeing the highlights reminded me how frustrating it was - the Packers were up by 7 with under two minutes left, Hanie having pulled the Bears to within a touchdown. Nick Collins looked bad on several plays. He really did. Yet now he's a legend. If only Nick hadn't gotten hurt! The whole defense looked bad on several plays. Then Hanie threw a pick to Shields, and it was all over. But it was way closer than you'd have thought, and I remember Packer fans bitching afterward. Frankly, the team did not look good. The Pack had a chance to put the Bears away in the fourth with a couple first downs - but they failed. Rodgers was tackled short of a first down on a third and four. Bears got the ball back with a chance to tie. And they came close. Yet that was our Super Bowl year.

I am reminded of this because the only access I had on Sunday to the Texans game was via the Silverstein in-game live blog. As I read the posts of fans, I thought, surely the Packers are getting steamrolled. Sounds like they're horrible! Even after they went up 21 - 7 fans were posting comments about firing MM because of his playcalling, or TT because the team was talentless. Yet they won. You'd never know it from the fans' comments, though. And maybe not even from Silverstein's.

pbmax
12-07-2016, 09:33 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago
Assuming I'm reading @pfref correctly, #Packers haven't been home dog with Rodgers at QB since vs. Dallas in 2009.

pbmax
12-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m9 minutes ago
Assuming I'm reading @pfref correctly, #Packers haven't been home dog with Rodgers at QB since vs. Dallas in 2009.

Sun, November 15, Packers versus Cowboys 17 - 7.

Fritz
12-07-2016, 05:34 PM
Seattle just has too much talent for the Packers. Unless Damarious Randall suddenly steps up and Gunter plays at a high level, and unless Perry can play and Matthews can play, and unless either Montgomery or Michaels can suddenly become a consistent threat, and unless Adams and Nelson can both be beasts, then this is a loss.

Joemailman
12-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Seattle just has too much talent for the Packers. Unless Damarious Randall suddenly steps up and Gunter plays at a high level, and unless Perry can play and Matthews can play, and unless either Montgomery or Michaels can suddenly become a consistent threat, and unless Adams and Nelson can both be beasts, then this is a loss.

Perry will not play. Matthews won't practice Wednesday or Thursday.

Joemailman
12-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Almost a national audience. Hope the boys put on a good show for Joe and Troy.

http://506sports.com/2016/14-FOX-L.png

Rutnstrut
12-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Perry will not play. Matthews won't practice Wednesday or Thursday.

If it keeps Clay on the field, who cares if he practices. Hopefully he can be more effective than he has been.

Pugger
12-08-2016, 04:40 AM

Crap! :sad:

QBME
12-08-2016, 07:30 AM

How about laying a giant, festive red and green egg with a bow? That would be a good show......

pbmax
12-08-2016, 10:48 AM
From Demovsky on Nick Perry:

Perry, who was injured in the first half of the game Sunday against the Houston Texans, tried to play in the second half with a large cast on his left hand but lasted only a couple of plays.

A source said Perry had surgery on the hand.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18229687/green-bay-packers-nick-perry-hand-miss-rest-season

pbmax
12-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
Rodgers practiced well yesterday. Will do more today. So will Jake Ryan. Blake Martinez did a bunch. Big day today. In pads. Will go out.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m17 minutes ago
Kick coverage outstanding vs. Philly. Will have to do again vs. Seattle's Lockett. "He's the focus. We need to win that part of the game."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 16m16 minutes ago
Replacing Pennel: "Mike's one of our guys." Key part of healthy DL rotation. Haven't determined how they'll fill roster spot.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
Pennel has an issue, MM says. The team will help him through this time, MM says.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
Peppers kept out for rest yesterday. That will continue for rest of the season, MM says.

LATER SAID IT WAS COACH'S DECISION

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 15m15 minutes ago
McCarthy on how T.J. Lang has helped Jason Spriggs: He's been tremendous. It's the little things he does. Big advocate in the classroom.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 13m13 minutes ago
McCarthy on Julius Peppers: He has a very old-school approach. Tremendous example for the younger players & an asset to our program.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m13 minutes ago
Taking the question right from my lips, @ByRyanWood asks if Montgomery can handle more of a workload. No questions about endurance, MM says.

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 13m13 minutes ago
Asked MM about Ty Montgomery's carries limit: "He can handle as many opportunities as he gets. ... I have no questions about his endurance."

gbgary
12-08-2016, 11:35 AM
with Peppers and Datone Jones http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes5.gif as our only 100% healthy linebackers we're in for a very long afternoon. we need to keep the ball away from sea. can we run the 8 min offense the whole game?

Smidgeon
12-08-2016, 01:23 PM

This is why I hate dual team markets. Can't watch any game on Fox during that time frame.

Patler
12-08-2016, 02:21 PM
with Peppers and Datone Jones http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes5.gif as our only 100% healthy linebackers we're in for a very long afternoon. we need to keep the ball away from sea. can we run the 8 min offense the whole game?

Ah, don't worry, Bradford is healthy, too!

gbgary
12-08-2016, 02:32 PM
Ah, don't worry, Bradford is healthy, too!

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/images/smilies/willy_nilly.gif

pbmax
12-09-2016, 12:34 AM
“It’s been almost four weeks now. The original timeline was a little bit longer than that to heal, but I’m getting pretty sick of sitting around watching everything going on,” Lang said. “I’ve been having my good share of arguments with the trainers and Doc about trying to do a little bit more the last couple weeks.

Wilde: http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-with-future-in-doubt-injured-t-j-lang-deals/article_a27317e9-4797-5c85-a815-d47ca09b9dcd.html

hoosier
12-09-2016, 09:03 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m9 minutes ago

Sun, November 15, Packers versus Cowboys 17 - 7.

That was the defense's coming out party. Woodson established himself as the DPOY in that game. Someone will have to step forward in a similar manner if the Packers are going to beat the Seasquawks.

pbmax
12-09-2016, 09:45 AM
Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 6m6 minutes ago
McCarthy said Damarious Randall (groin) was feeling ill yesterday and that's why he didn't do much in practice. Groin wasn't a factor.

Soft!

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago
McCarthy: T.J. (Lang) worked through individual stuff (yesterday). Making progress. Felt good coming off the field. Same with JC Tretter.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 8m8 minutes ago
Mike McCarthy said T.J. Lang is making progress and improving. He's looking forward to seeing how Lang responds today and tomorrow. #Packers

Patler
12-09-2016, 12:21 PM
If and when Tretter comes back, who will be the starter, Tretter or Linsley?

Smidgeon
12-09-2016, 12:28 PM
If and when Tretter comes back, who will be the starter, Tretter or Linsley?

Tretter, I hope. Methinks Linsley has come down to earth somewhat.

Rutnstrut
12-09-2016, 01:27 PM

I think Lindsley is the better center, but Tretter is the better all around lineman.

Patler
12-09-2016, 02:36 PM

I have felt that way, too. So far, his career seemed to peak as a rookie. Still a good center, but not where I thought he might be.

Patler
12-09-2016, 02:39 PM
I think Lindsley is the better center, but Tretter is the better all around lineman.

I think Linsley is more limited even as a center than Tretter is, but what Linsley does well he is probably better at than Tretter is. Overall, I think I would take Tretter over Linsley.

Maxie the Taxi
12-09-2016, 03:09 PM
This is the most important game of the year. Is it possible for the Packers to lose and still make the playoffs? Sure. But if the Packers aren't good enough to beat a team like Seattle at home in December, does it really matter if they make the playoffs?+ 1

I'm bumping this cause it's the best post I've seen relative to Sunday's contest. If we lose to the Seahags, then for the rest of the year I'll be rooting for a higher draft position rather than a playoff miracle.

pbmax
12-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 57s58 seconds ago
Fackrell and Perry out for #Packers. Gunter Randall Lang Martinez Matthews and Tretter questionable. Ryan not listed.

pbmax
12-09-2016, 04:31 PM
+ 1

I'm bumping this cause it's the best post I've seen relative to Sunday's contest. If we lose to the Seahags, then for the rest of the year I'll be rooting for a higher draft position rather than a playoff miracle.

If they lose this game, still make the playoffs, avoid the Seahawks in the playoffs and win the Super Bowl, I can guarantee I am still celebrating #14.

Let the 76ers plan to lose.

Maxie the Taxi
12-09-2016, 05:05 PM
If they lose this game, still make the playoffs, avoid the Seahawks in the playoffs and win the Super Bowl, I can guarantee I am still celebrating #14.

Let the 76ers plan to lose.I've already predicted we're gonna win out and win the Super Bowl. I'm not interested in any other scenarios....at this time.:-)

Joemailman
12-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Forecast now calling for 6-8 inches of snow in Green Bay Saturday night to Sunday night.

George Cumby
12-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Oh how I love those snowy games.

RashanGary
12-09-2016, 11:38 PM
I think Linsley is more limited even as a center than Tretter is, but what Linsley does well he is probably better at than Tretter is. Overall, I think I would take Tretter over Linsley.

I'd like to see Tretter play guard before the season is over. Id like to see us move on from Lang.

alquaal
12-10-2016, 08:31 AM
Forecast now calling for 6-8 inches of snow in Green Bay Saturday night to Sunday night.

Officially named Winter Storm Aaron. That's got to be a good sign.

gbgary
12-10-2016, 03:26 PM
why would Gunter be questionable? what the hell happened to him?

pbmax
12-10-2016, 06:21 PM
why would Gunter be questionable? what the hell happened to him?

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood Dec 9
Questionable on #Packers injury report:
Gunter(illness)
Lang(foot)
Martinez(knee)
Matthews(shoulder)
Randall(groin, illness)
Tretter(knee)

Harlan Huckleby
12-10-2016, 06:43 PM
I heard Perry was out. Did I hear wrong?

Why is the Pbmax Stream Media lying to us?

gbgary
12-10-2016, 08:13 PM

nope. several broken fingers i heard.

pbmax
12-10-2016, 10:29 PM

This list above your post was just the questionable guys this week, to help explain why Gunter was suddenly on this list.

Zool
12-11-2016, 07:49 AM
This list above your post was just the questionable guys this week, to help explain why Gunter was suddenly on this list.

I assume he and Randal were making out and got mono?

pbmax
12-11-2016, 09:28 AM
I assume he and Randal were making out and got mono?

Yes, but their intentions were good. It started out with a massage to Randall's groin.

Fritz
12-11-2016, 10:00 AM
Yes, but their intentions were good. It started out with a massage to Randall's groin.

Who says this Packer team lacks passion??