PDA

View Full Version : NFC Playoff Contender News

pbmax
12-07-2016, 09:08 AM
Vikes:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/06/harrison-smiths-season-in-doubt-due-to-high-ankle-sprain/

Harrison Smith with Grade 3 sprain, definitely out this week, may miss extended time, might need surgery. So really, anyone's guess.

pbmax
12-07-2016, 09:12 AM
Vikes:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/07/mike-zimmers-listening-to-the-doctors-as-he-comes-back-from-eye-surgery/

Mike Zimmer has had four surgeries to correct a detached retina and is back at practice. But he is not supposed to look "up" (keep eyes level or down) and needs to limit physical exertion.

gbgary
12-07-2016, 11:12 AM
Vikes:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/07/mike-zimmers-listening-to-the-doctors-as-he-comes-back-from-eye-surgery/

Mike Zimmer has had four surgeries to correct a detached retina and is back at practice. But he is not supposed to look "up" (keep eyes level or down) and needs to limit physical exertion.

hope he gets bettter but that'll be very tough because when he rolls eyes one of the movements is up.

pbmax
12-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Giants:

Ian RapoportVerified account ‏@RapSheet 4h4 hours ago
All recoveries are different. But timeline for JPP's surgery is described as at least 6 week. Good chance he's played his last down in 2016

pbmax
12-07-2016, 11:18 AM
Seachickens:

Ian RapoportVerified account ‏@RapSheet 19h19 hours ago
#Seahawks officially placed S Earl Thomas on Injured Reserve, ending his season after the cracked tibia. They signed Jeron Johnson for depth

Anti-Polar Bear
12-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Not sure Ted's Team is a playoff contender, but Demovsky is reporting that Nikki Perry "could be done for the season" with a "significant hand injury."

Not surprising. Polar Bear is soft and he drafts soft players.

Fritz
12-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Not sure Ted's Team is a playoff contender, but Demovsky is reporting that Nikki Perry "could be done for the season" with a "significant hand injury."

Not surprising. Polar Bear is soft and he drafts soft players.

By your, um, "logic," Earl Thomas' s placement on injured reserve proves John Schuerholz is also soft and drafts soft players.

I'd like to nominate your post for "Dumbest Packerrats Post Ever," even if it was supposed to be a joke. Actually, it was a joke, that post.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-07-2016, 03:23 PM
By your, um, "logic," Earl Thomas' s placement on injured reserve proves John Schuerholz is also soft and drafts soft players.

I'd like to nominate your post for "Dumbest Packerrats Post Ever," even if it was supposed to be a joke. Actually, it was a joke, that post.

Earl Thomas, all 5'8" of him, never missed a game til this season. Exception rather than the rule.

Nikki has never gone through a season without missing games due to injuries. Ditto, Claymaker and Burnett and a bunch of other milksops on the team.

Ted's Team is full of milksops. It starts with Thompson. The Polar Bear is softer than an impotent rooster. He drafts soft players. Them softies are in turn coached by a soft coach, the Fat Man (how's not tackling in practice working out for you, Fat Man!).

Anti-Polar Bear
12-07-2016, 03:29 PM
Joe Thomas, the OT, not that Hades-awful LB, sure is one tough motherfucker. 10th season in the league and has NEVER missed a single snap. Oh fie, Thompson doesn't draft tough players like Joe Thomas.

Quote Joe Thomas:

"My mentality from the day I started playing sports was that you get up, you dust yourself off and you do it again.Some people lay on the ground after they get hurt and they say, 'Boy, that hurts. I wonder if I'm hurt. I'd better get it checked out.' That's not part of my thought process."

Fritz
12-07-2016, 05:31 PM
This idea that any NFL GM would set out to deliberately draft soft players is about the dumbest attempt at "analysis" that I can imagine.

yetisnowman
12-07-2016, 06:47 PM

You criticize his logic, then you try to equivocate Earl Thomas's durability to Nick Perry's. Perry has missed games in every single season. After this season he will have only played in 70% of possible games in 5 seasons, whereas Thomas will have played in 96% of his games in 7 seasons and never missed a game before this season.
People forget too that even when Perry has played he has been battling nagging injuries. Similar to Clay, people don't factor all the time he has played but has been limited, and with a club or brace or whatever and not as effective.

Joemailman
12-07-2016, 06:56 PM
dp

Joemailman
12-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Joe Thomas, the OT, not that Hades-awful LB, sure is one tough motherfucker. 10th season in the league and has NEVER missed a single snap. Oh fie, Thompson doesn't draft tough players like Joe Thomas.

Quote Joe Thomas:

You have to be tough to play for the Browns for 10 years and not give up. Browns are 47-109 in his career.

RashanGary
12-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Since 2000, the Packers have won the most games of any NFC team and won 1 Super Bowl. That's all that really matters about Ted Thompson. He's in that handful of best GMs in football.

Cheesehead Craig
12-07-2016, 07:46 PM
You have to be tough to play for the Browns for 10 years and not give up. Browns are 47-109 in his career.

So he's clearly a loser. Glad we didn't take him. He would have brought his loser mentality with him.

Patler
12-08-2016, 01:03 AM
Nikki has never gone through a season without missing games due to injuries. Ditto, Claymaker and Burnett and a bunch of other milksops on the team.

Not correct.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-08-2016, 01:08 AM
This idea that any NFL GM would set out to deliberately draft soft players is about the dumbest attempt at "analysis" that I can imagine.

You, a staunch Thompson supporter, just can't handle the truth. :)

Take a look at the history of the Polar Bear's 1st round picks, and softness is the name of the game.

2005: Great Arm of Butte - Fragile as a backup, but nobody cared b/c the Gunslinger was still around. Missed games with shoulder injury as starter. Give the GAB (Great Arm of Butte) credit for playing through the calf malady.

2006: The Epitome of Mediocrity - Toughest of the bunch, but game did not inspire anyone.

2007: The Great Justin Harrell - The mother of Injury-Prone. The rare times we saw him on the field, game was as ugly as his looks.

2009: Claymaker - If his hair ain't pretty, he ain't gonna play. Takes himself out of games. A hamstring pull waiting to happen.

2010: "Brianna" Bulaga - Dunno if Bulaga is lazy or not, or he's just fragile, but he sure as fuck is fond of sitting on the IR while getting paid.

2011: "Debbie" Sherrod - See Brianna comment, except Sherrod sucked when he played.

2012: "Nikki" Perry - Thompson took this milksop over hip-hop saftey Harrison Smith. Perry has NEVER played every game in a season.

2013: "Donna" Jones - Like Perry, Jone's a milksop.

2014: "Hillary" Clinton-Dix - Thank Hades and his 4 inches cock, Dix has not shown any sign of softness. But he plays like Jane.

2015: "DaMary" Randall - Injured groin while engaging in amorous polar bear activities on the Castro before the Pack-49ers preseason game in SF - the one in which Kap bravely "stood up" for the downtrodden.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-08-2016, 01:09 AM
Not correct.

Didn't have time to elaborate. I know Claymaker and Burnnett played 16+ games before in a season before. My point was, if you take a look at Thompson's first round picks, most of them are injury-prone milksops.

See post before this.

Patler
12-08-2016, 01:11 AM
Didn't have time to elaborate. I know Claymaker and Burnnett played 16+ games before in a season. My point was, if you take a look at Thompson's first round picks, most of them are injury-prone milksops.

See post before this.

Doesn't matter. The statement was still grossly incorrect.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-08-2016, 01:20 AM
Doesn't matter. The statement was still grossly incorrect.

Yeah, like the one in which someone said, "The Packers control their own destiny, needing only someone else to beat the Lions." :)

Patler
12-08-2016, 01:24 AM
Yeah, like the one in which someone said, "The Packers control their own destiny, needing only someone else to beat the Lions." :)

My point exactly. I knew what you meant, just like you knew what I meant.

Cheesehead Craig
12-08-2016, 08:30 AM
What's with all the girl names for players? Be a grown-up.

Zool
12-08-2016, 08:50 AM
What's with all the girl names for players? Be a grown-up.

Wish in one hand, shit in the other. See which one fills up first. With Tank being 100% shit, the answer is easy.

Patler
12-08-2016, 09:01 AM
2012: "Nikki" Perry - Thompson took this milksop over hip-hop saftey Harrison Smith. Perry has NEVER played every game in a season.

Harrison Smith missed 11 games his first 4 seasons, so not an example of durability either.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Harrison Smith missed 11 games his first 4 seasons, so not an example of durability either.

Still should've drafted Smith over Nikki. Smith is a borderline all-pro saftey today. Nikki's a so-so DE impersonating an OLB. Pretty much did nothing but collect paychecks til, maybe, this season - stunk up the joint so bad at one point, the Polar Bear had to go outside his comfort zone and sign a 30-something graybeard named Julius Peppers.

Additionally, Collins career ended in 2011. The Packers needed a bona fide replacement, especially with only the mediocre Burnett, that sloth Peprah and MD Fucking Jennings on the roster.

Many experts believed Nikki was better off playing DE in a 4-3. The experiment with Kampman at OLB is proof that you don't draft a DE to play OLB.

gbgary
12-08-2016, 11:22 AM
i don't think we draft soft players but we have been unlucky in the injury dept. perry having "several broken fingers" is an example. i kinda think the "Packer people" thing has held us back a bit. are good character players soft? i think you can have good character players that are nasty on the field. i do think we don't have enough players that play with a nasty edge.

Patler
12-08-2016, 02:38 PM
Still should've drafted Smith over Nikki. Smith is a borderline all-pro saftey today. Nikki's a so-so DE impersonating an OLB. Pretty much did nothing but collect paychecks til, maybe, this season - stunk up the joint so bad at one point, the Polar Bear had to go outside his comfort zone and sign a 30-something graybeard named Julius Peppers.

Additionally, Collins career ended in 2011. The Packers needed a bona fide replacement, especially with only the mediocre Burnett, that sloth Peprah and MD Fucking Jennings on the roster.

Many experts believed Nikki was better off playing DE in a 4-3. The experiment with Kampman at OLB is proof that you don't draft a DE to play OLB.

I think Perry has been decent every year, for the few games he has been healthy in those years.

That said, I was a big Harrison Smith fan, and wasn't happy seeing him go to MN.

pbmax
12-13-2016, 11:33 AM
JR ‏@JReidDraftScout 4h4 hours ago
With DT Sharrif Floyd going to IR, the Vikings now have 6 former first-round picks on IR this season.

Fritz
12-13-2016, 11:57 AM
Man, the Vikes have been hit even harder by the injury bug than the Packers have. I hope nobody up in Minny is calling for Zimmer's head.

hoosier
12-13-2016, 01:36 PM
You, a staunch Thompson supporter, just can't handle the truth. :)

Take a look at the history of the Polar Bear's 1st round picks, and softness is the name of the game.

2005: Great Arm of Butte - Fragile as a backup, but nobody cared b/c the Gunslinger was still around. Missed games with shoulder injury as starter. Give the GAB (Great Arm of Butte) credit for playing through the calf malady.

2006: The Epitome of Mediocrity - Toughest of the bunch, but game did not inspire anyone.

2007: The Great Justin Harrell - The mother of Injury-Prone. The rare times we saw him on the field, game was as ugly as his looks.

2009: Claymaker - If his hair ain't pretty, he ain't gonna play. Takes himself out of games. A hamstring pull waiting to happen.

2010: "Brianna" Bulaga - Dunno if Bulaga is lazy or not, or he's just fragile, but he sure as fuck is fond of sitting on the IR while getting paid.

2011: "Debbie" Sherrod - See Brianna comment, except Sherrod sucked when he played.

2013: "Donna" Jones - Like Perry, Jone's a milksop.

2014: "Hillary" Clinton-Dix - Thank Hades and his 4 inches cock, Dix has not shown any sign of softness. But he plays like Jane.

2015: "DaMary" Randall - Injured groin while engaging in amorous polar bear activities on the Castro before the Pack-49ers preseason game in SF - the one in which Kap bravely "stood up" for the downtrodden.

Why does this particular poster never show up after the Packers play well?

Teamcheez1
12-13-2016, 02:39 PM
JR ‏@JReidDraftScout 4h4 hours ago
With DT Sharrif Floyd going to IR, the Vikings now have 6 former first-round picks on IR this season.

They keep drafting soft players.

pbmax
12-19-2016, 10:27 AM
What is the current theory on Norv leaving?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cz9x70YWIAA6fvQ.jpg:large

gbgary
12-19-2016, 10:39 AM
What is the current theory on Norv leaving?

2-5 since he left. seems obvious. whoever forced his retirement, and didn't have his back, severely undervalued him.

Cheesehead Craig
12-19-2016, 01:51 PM
I think Shurmer somehow got into Zimmer's or Spielman's ear that Turner wasn't the answer and that he could do much better, while undermining Norv. Norv gets forced out and the offense continues it's crappy play.

Fritz
12-19-2016, 02:47 PM
You criticize his logic, then you try to equivocate Earl Thomas's durability to Nick Perry's. Perry has missed games in every single season. After this season he will have only played in 70% of possible games in 5 seasons, whereas Thomas will have played in 96% of his games in 7 seasons and never missed a game before this season.
People forget too that even when Perry has played he has been battling nagging injuries. Similar to Clay, people don't factor all the time he has played but has been limited, and with a club or brace or whatever and not as effective.

I didn't try to "equivocate" anything. Nor did I try to equate, if that's what you meant, Thomas and Perry. I used APB's own lack of logic, which is this: "Not sure Ted's Team is a playoff contender, but Demovsky is reporting that Nikki Perry "could be done for the season" with a "significant hand injury. Not surprising. Polar Bear is soft and he drafts soft players."

So, if a player is "soft" because he could miss the rest of the season due to injury, it follows that Earl Thomas is soft.

So yes, that's "logic" worth criticizing.

yetisnowman
12-19-2016, 02:57 PM
I didn't try to "equivocate" anything. Nor did I try to equate, if that's what you meant, Thomas and Perry. I used APB's own lack of logic, which is this: "Not sure Ted's Team is a playoff contender, but Demovsky is reporting that Nikki Perry "could be done for the season" with a "significant hand injury. Not surprising. Polar Bear is soft and he drafts soft players."

So, if a player is "soft" because he could miss the rest of the season due to injury, it follows that Earl Thomas is soft.

So yes, that's "logic" worth criticizing.

Your logic fails though, because Perry is injury prone and has missed games in every season. He isn't being called soft for getting hurt this season. It's because he has a pattern of getting hurt. I don't think it's softness necessarily. But it's something...maybe just bad luck.

Fritz
12-19-2016, 03:16 PM
Your logic fails though, because Perry is injury prone and has missed games in every season. He isn't being called soft for getting hurt this season. It's because he has a pattern of getting hurt. I don't think it's softness necessarily. But it's something...maybe just bad luck.

The whole problem is that it's not "my" logic - it's what APB is claiming.

Yes, Perry does have a pattern of getting hurt. No question. But does that make him "soft"? Not to me, no. From what I have read he's held in regard by teammates for his willingness to play while injured.

Maybe it is bad luck. Usually, it can't be overcome, that history of injuries, but it does happen. Mike Flanagan, a very good Packers' center was badly hurt early in his career, but came back to play very well.

Ultimately, I just think it's silly or dumb to write posts that suggest Ted Thompson "likes" soft players. No NFL GM "likes" soft players. That's an idiotic thing to say. Does he value athleticism over plain meanness? Maybe. But that is not even close to the same thing as saying he "likes" soft players.

Pugger
12-19-2016, 04:02 PM
Why does this particular poster never show up after the Packers play well?

We really shouldn't feed the troll.