PDA

View Full Version : Fisher out!

Guiness
12-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Fisher out!

LA Rams decided enough is enough, and get rid of Jeff "Mr 500" Fisher. I wonder if he put his name down on the extension they were talking about? That would be a heck of a golden handshake.

If I was the Cleveland Browns ownership, I'd be beating a path to his door however!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/12/rams-fire-jeff-fisher/

Fritz
12-12-2016, 02:25 PM
How Jeff Fisher has remained employed so long as a head coach is beyond me. Hell, half this board calls for Stubby's head every third game or so, and he's in the playoffs nearly very year.

MadScientist
12-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Maybe this will wake the team up enough to pull an upset over Seattle on Thursday.

Fritz
12-12-2016, 02:35 PM
I suppose hiring "Mr. .500" in Cleveland would be a big step up for them.

Guiness
12-12-2016, 02:38 PM
I suppose hiring "Mr. .500" in Cleveland would be a big step up for them.

I suspect "Mr. 1-15" would be a step up after this season.

Pugger
12-12-2016, 03:33 PM
Rex Ryan should be next...

woodbuck27
12-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Rex Ryan should be next...

Where there is smoke there is fire.

woodbuck27
12-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Finally ......they got it done after this mess:

Fisher, 58, went 31-45-1 during his tenure. Taking over in 2012 after a 17-year run with the Tennessee Titans, Fisher failed to make the playoffs during his entire run with the Rams and never posted a record above .500.

Joemailman
12-12-2016, 08:24 PM
Speculation about Jim Harbaugh. http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/jim-harbaugh-to-coach-rams-insane-rumor-is-%E2%80%98very-real-thing%E2%80%99/ar-AAlqEC0

Guiness
12-12-2016, 09:19 PM
sounds like it might've been a mercy killing? Heart one more loss would've tied him for the most losses during a career.

red
12-12-2016, 09:31 PM
sounds like it might've been a mercy killing? Heart one more loss would've tied him for the most losses during a career.

i thought he broke that sunday?

QBME
12-13-2016, 08:14 AM
i thought he broke that sunday?

Fisher is tied with Dan Reeves at 165 losses.

KYPack
12-13-2016, 09:00 AM
I think the graphic that ran during Sunday's broadcast had something to do with Fisher's firing.

I wonder if the Ram's owner saw that and went, this guy's gotta go?

Maxie the Taxi
12-13-2016, 10:32 AM
I can't wait till Thursday night when Seattle takes its second drubbing in four days. The Fisher-less Rams are certain to be sky high and loaded for Seahag feathers. lol

pbmax
12-13-2016, 11:17 AM
I think the graphic that ran during Sunday's broadcast had something to do with Fisher's firing.

I wonder if the Ram's owner saw that and went, this guy's gotta go?

Mike Tanier had this right I think. His owner, Stan Kroenke is smart enough (and busy enough, unlike Jerry) to know he doesn't know the ins and outs of football, which is why Kevin Demoff is President of the team. But Fisher managed to screw up in such a public and non-traditional football way, that Kroenke recognized the signs of incompetence.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2680789-jeff-fisher-became-too-much-of-an-embarrassment-for-the-rams-to-overlook

Finally, all the boxes were checked off. Failure of team marketing? Checked by Dickerson. Failure of game-planning? Checked by Woodhead. Failure of organizational stability? Checked by FishyLeaks. Failure of team chemistry/system "buy-in?" Todd Gurley, checkmate.

Failure to win football games? That was never going to get Fisher fired. Fisher leaves the Rams tied for the most losses in NFL coaching history. Andy Reid has two fewer wins than Fisher but 52 fewer losses. Bill Belichick could go 0-16 for six straight years and still have a higher winning percentage than Fisher.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke builds department stores for a living. He was around the league for decades as a minority owner before taking over the Rams in 2010, but he also owns the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche and Arsenal, so he's not a guy who spends time studying game plans. Sports exist for Kroenke to build, fill and cross-promote entertainment complexes. He likely has only a vague idea of what NFL head coaching really entails. He hired himself a coach that almost won a Super Bowl once, is on a first-name basis with everyone in the NFL and beats the Seahawks every now and then...

...You can fool a multimillionaire like Kroenke but not at his own games: marketing, public relations, promotion. And you certainly cannot humiliate him. Kroenke knows a public relations nightmare when he sees it, and Fisher spent the last two weeks serving them up in rapid succession.