PDA

View Full Version : London games next year

Cheesehead Craig
12-13-2016, 08:57 AM
Because 4 games is such a good idea. :roll:

The NFL isn't sending any good teams over there anyways.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18267996/nfl-announces-london-match-ups-2017-baltimore-ravens-jacksonville-jaguars-new-orleans-saints-miami-dolphins-minnesota-vikings-cleveland-browns-arizona-cardinals-los-angeles-rams

MadScientist
12-13-2016, 10:08 AM
Glad Packers fans are so coveted by the rest of the league that we don't have to worry about London games, and their way too early start times.

gbgary
12-13-2016, 02:07 PM
Because 4 games is such a good idea. :roll:

Glad Packers fans are so coveted by the rest of the league that we don't have to worry about London games, and their way too early start times.

yup. i'd like to think they quietly ask who's willing and the Packers opt out. i wish they'd just forget it entirely.

MadScientist
12-13-2016, 02:27 PM
yup. i'd like to think they quietly ask who's willing and the Packers opt out. i wish they'd just forget it entirely.

The Packers have been outspoken about absolutely not giving up a home game for anything. Other teams are marginally willing to give up a game that won't sell out, or even come close to selling out. They won't give up a Packers game because they prefer to pull the stunt of making Packers tickets only available in two game packages.

The natural upshot is that London gets the ass-end of NFL games.

Travbrew
12-13-2016, 02:33 PM
I fail to see the logic in these London games...the Mexico City game was a resounding success by all accounts and there seems to be a very large fan base south of the border. Why keep pushing for games across the pond?

gbgary
12-13-2016, 02:50 PM
The Packers have been outspoken about absolutely not giving up a home game for anything. Other teams are marginally willing to give up a game that won't sell out, or even come close to selling out. They won't give up a Packers game because they prefer to pull the stunt of making Packers tickets only available in two game packages.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/images/smilies/coolgleamA.gif

Cheesehead Craig
12-13-2016, 03:24 PM

I keep hearing Trump's voice in my head about these games:

"The NFL is not sending it's best or brightest, they are sending The Browns, The Vikings, and the Cardinals."

Guiness
12-13-2016, 03:32 PM
I fail to see the logic in these London games...the Mexico City game was a resounding success by all accounts and there seems to be a very large fan base south of the border. Why keep pushing for games across the pond?

I'll go with $$$ being the reason.

London is one of the most expensive cities in the world, there are 50,000 people there with disposable income to dump on a lark. Not so much in Mexico city.

MadScientist
12-13-2016, 04:52 PM

Always looking to expand the market to places that have money, especially if they don't know the difference between the Jags and good football.

Besides, got to teach them that a game called football can actually be more exciting than watching the grass on the field grow. :twisted:

Pugger
12-13-2016, 05:51 PM

I heard the Jags owner balked at having the GB game in London because he wanted butts in the seats of his stadium.

Pugger
12-13-2016, 05:51 PM
I keep hearing Trump's voice in my head about these games:

"The NFL is not sending it's best or brightest, they are sending The Browns, The Vikings, and the Cardinals."

:lol: