12-16-2016, 08:29 PM
Great to hear!

My kids and I are psyched!

George Cumby
01-02-2017, 08:22 PM
AWESOME MOVIE

and a must see for any star wars fan

the last 5 minutes almost erase the damage the prequels did to the series

Yup. Everything the prequels and TFA should have and could have been.

ThunderDan
01-02-2017, 09:55 PM
Great movie.

Spoiler Alert:

I am sad that everyone dies. I was hoping there would be 2 more like this.

Freak Out
01-03-2017, 05:48 PM
Wow Dan.

MadScientist
01-03-2017, 11:41 PM
Great movie.

I was hoping there would be 2 more like this.

Well this one lead right into A New Hope, so there wasn't any room for more, however they are planning other backstory pieces to intersperse with the main line that is following The Force Awakens.

wootah
01-04-2017, 02:58 AM
I get the nostalgic and the faboyism, but as a movie on itself it's very, very average.

Poor acting, plotholes you could hyperspeed a fleet of death stars through, lack of an empathic lead, lack of an intimidating enemy, etcetera. I enjoyed the sheer action during the third act, although it couldn't get more cliché ridden at times. Entertaining at times yes, but good movie it is not.

Zool
01-04-2017, 08:06 AM
So you went to Star Wars expecting Citizen Kane?

Cheesehead Craig
01-04-2017, 08:28 AM
I thought the movie was great. Definitely one of the better Star Wars movies and hopefully they take the good from this one and put it in the next ones being made.

Oh, and if you haven't seen this, here's Carrie Fisher roasting George Lucas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ97s396kb0

Upnorth
01-04-2017, 09:26 AM
The action was incredible, but they spent far too much time trying to make me care about flat boring characters with far to many parallels to the first movie, imo. I honestly fell asleep for a period in the middle of the movie...

ThunderDan
01-04-2017, 11:50 AM
The action was incredible, but they spent far too much time trying to make me care about flat boring characters with far to many parallels to the first movie, imo. I honestly fell asleep for a period in the middle of the movie...

Are you talking about Rogue One or The Force Awakens?

TFA is an updated remake of the original Star Wars. And seriously, we now have had 3 death stars and they all have been destroyed. If there is another Death Star in 8 or 9, I am going to throw up.

ThunderDan
01-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Well this one lead right into A New Hope, so there wasn't any room for more, however they are planning other backstory pieces to intersperse with the main line that is following The Force Awakens.

That is good news on the other backstory pieces.

3irty1
01-05-2017, 08:17 PM
I get the nostalgic and the faboyism, but as a movie on itself it's very, very average.

Poor acting, plotholes you could hyperspeed a fleet of death stars through, lack of an empathic lead, lack of an intimidating enemy, etcetera. I enjoyed the sheer action during the third act, although it couldn't get more cliché ridden at times. Entertaining at times yes, but good movie it is not.

The problem is you're judging the Star Wars saga as movies instead of the ancient extra galactic documentaries that they are. Nobody is acting, your comments are culturally insensitive to alien life, none of it is written, and hyperspeed deathstars approach zero thickness due to the Lorentz contraction.

Would I too have preferred 2 hours of Darth Vader just carving up hallways of rebel soldiers? Of course but that's just not the way the events happened.

LEWCWA
01-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Had no idea this wasn't the next installment. I feel a little cheated....should have read this before wasting my money....not impressed...probably won't see any more now. I couldn't care less about the back story pieces....I think this is going to turn off casual Star Wars fans....