PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Week 15 @ Bears

pbmax
12-18-2016, 06:02 PM
Well that went just as planned. Did not like the offense at all, BUT you get two or three drops on long balls caught (and I think that is realistic) the game would have been out of reach.

Really worried about pass rush. Against weaker Seahawks at home they looked formidable. Today on the road they just doubled Julius and had plenty of time. Someone needs to step up. Matthews, Fackrell and Elliot need to get healthy (guessing a bit on Elliot, he was down on sideline after a ST play).

Speaking of ST today they were pathetic, punting especially surrendered a lot of field position. Complete reverse of last week.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cz_iKoEW8AAMaXO.jpg:large

pbmax
12-18-2016, 06:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cz_hfe_XEAAtxK6.jpg:large

pbmax
12-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2h2 hours ago
Rodgers: When we had to make a play we made it. Good to get the win. Everything is in front of us now. #GBvsCHI

Rodgers on the 60-yard bomb to @JordyRNelson: Saw Jordy put his hand out...Tried to put enough air under it & he did what he does. #GBvsCHI

Rodgers on the cold: It was uncomfortable at times, but I think it was warmer than we expected.

Rodgers: I think we have a lot of grit as a team. We stuck together. It's fun to be standing here at 8-6. We all know what 4-6 felt like.

Rodgers on tying #GBvsCHI all-time series: Pretty exciting. Next year goal will be to take the lead. Something special about this rivalry.

pbmax
12-18-2016, 06:06 PM
McCarthy: That was a heck of a football game. Can't say enough about our football team. Knew this was going to be a tough battle. #GBvsCHI

McCarthy: Excited about the victory. Puts us in position to control our own destiny. That's all you can ask for at this time of year.

McCarthy on Rodgers-Nelson 60-yarder: Great clutch throw...After the catch to get the ball spotted, the whole orchestration was good.

McCarthy on @TyMontgomery2: Did a good job being patient, breaking tackles & getting to the next level...He's a big back. He's a beast.

pbmax
12-18-2016, 06:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cz_gDjzUoAAMLIy.jpg:large

pbmax
12-18-2016, 08:42 PM
The Bear knows what is coming.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cz_SAH8XAAAMwLs.jpg:large

bobblehead
12-18-2016, 10:06 PM
The Bear knows what is coming.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cz_SAH8XAAAMwLs.jpg:large

POST !! OF !! THE !! YEAR !

call_me_ishmael
12-18-2016, 10:39 PM
Strange, I did not see much coverage of the pressers from the beat writers today.

RashanGary
12-19-2016, 12:26 AM
So good to see Jordybwin over the top like that. He's gotten better every week!!

Fritz
12-19-2016, 06:38 AM
A brief story: Living in the Detroit area, I was not going to get to see the game on TV at home, as of course Fox featured the Lions/Giants here. So my choices were to go sit at some crappy Buffalo Wild Wings and nurse a coke and take up a table for three-and-a-half hours, to follow the JSO in-game blog, or to follow the Rats off cial game thread. Or try to call it up on my computer and risk it being infected.

The Rats game thread is not the best forum because mostly it's people who get to watch the game, so they're commenting on what has just happened instead of telling you what just happened. Which is fine. But I have learned - and this is my main point - that one of the very worst exercises in following a Packer game is to try to use the live JSO blog. I tried this a few weeks ago, when the Packers played the Texans, and honest-to-gosh, I thought (before I saw the scoreboard) that the Packers were absolutely getting creamed - yet they were ahead, pretty well. I thought, based on the fans' comments, that the Packers were playing like the Cleveland Browns, that they were stinking up the joint to the point that it was an embarrassment. Yet they were leading the game. And afterward, the stories in the news showed that it was a game in which the Packers played well enough to seem to be in control most of the way.

Man, I hate that live blog. Really, the unrelenting negativity is draining. And that's when the Packers are winning.

Anyway, I did end up watching it on the computer. So now I have to explain to my wife why ads keep popping up now that say "meet hot naked locals!"

Cheesehead Craig
12-19-2016, 07:52 AM
Anyway, I did end up watching it on the computer. So now I have to explain to my wife why ads keep popping up now that say "meet hot naked locals!"

Blame it on her. Works in my house.

Pugger
12-19-2016, 08:26 AM
So good to see Jordybwin over the top like that. He's gotten better every week!!

He's damn close to being fully back. :cool:

texaspackerbacker
12-19-2016, 09:04 AM
That seems to be true about Jordy Nelson, although I'm not sure the DBs he beat were all that good.

pbmax
12-19-2016, 12:16 PM
Lang was not on the field for the throw to Jordy at the end of the game. It was Spriggs.

Patler
12-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Lang was not on the field for the throw to Jordy at the end of the game. It was Spriggs.

Several times Lang was hanging on by a thread in pass pro, and did lose his guy several times. Gutty performance for sure, but at times I wondered if it really was a good decision to have him out there.

RashanGary
12-19-2016, 12:29 PM
That seems to be true about Jordy Nelson, although I'm not sure the DBs he beat were all that good.

Jordy never beat revis or Sherman like a drum. He always beat up on mismatches. Same way clay never beats up on joe Thomas and nobody ever beats up on bahktiari. The best corners and OL stop the best players.

pbmax
12-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 11m11 minutes ago
McCarthy: We're on a six-day week. It'll be very similar to the Houston week. We'll bring in players later tomorrow and then we'll get going

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 12m12 minutes ago
McCarthy: We're on a 6-day week. Schedule very similar to the Houston week. Today is a Tuesday on our clock. Tomorrow will be a Wednesday.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m12 minutes ago
McCarthy on Rodgers: Just taking six-day approach. We’ll find out where our guys are today. Early indication better today than going in.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m8 minutes ago
McCarthy on 3rd down: Suggestion was to run it down and go to overtime. Said he and Alex Van Pelt felt good about a play they had.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
MM on Hyde's deflection: Instinctive player. Recognized the route concept. "I think that speaks volumes about our defense."

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 6m6 minutes ago
McCarthy on Hyde play: We had a sub miscommunication. Two came out and one came in. Letroy heads up ran down sideline and wasn’t offsides.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 6m6 minutes ago
Soft surface good for passing game because, in part, it's bad for pass rushers.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m5 minutes ago
McCarthy on 4th Q defense: We gave them some soft conversion throws. They got some momentum moving the sticks. Something we have to look at.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
MM on controlling destiny: That's what you want. Focus still on getting to 10 wins - nine the next target vs. MIN on Saturday.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m4 minutes ago
McCarthy on Randall: There’s things he’ll learn from. Reasons you have alignment and assignments on certain plays.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago
Randall needs to be more detailed, MM says, when asked about performance yesterday.

BLOWN ASSIGNMENT ALERT

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 3m3 minutes ago
McCarthy hints at assignment/alignment mistakes by Damarious Randall. Those things exist for a reason, he said, and details are important.

I SWEAR I MADE MY COMMENTARY BEFORE I READ COHEN'S TWEET

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m4 minutes ago
McCarthy on Montgomery: When he hits second level you see his natural run instincts. You really got a picture of his natural running ability

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 4m4 minutes ago
MM on Montgomery's tackle-breaking skill: His build and his patience. "A lot stronger than people realize."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3m3 minutes ago
McCarthy on @TyMontgomery2: He's a lot stronger than people realize. I know he wears No. 88, but he's not a normal 88 running the football.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3m3 minutes ago
McCarthy said the #Packers forced 19 missed tackles against Chicago. "Nineteen is a big day"

Patler
12-19-2016, 02:06 PM

Neither was Lane Taylor, it was Barclay.
According to MM, both Lang and Taylor came out and Spriggs and Barclay ran in for the 3rd down play.

Fritz
12-19-2016, 02:41 PM
So both get some kind of mini-Barney Fuckdoggle for not botching the big play - no holding calls, no acting like a matador.

And hooray for Barclay for coming in with that freezing weather and making one snap well when Linsley went out for a play with a shoe problem.

Sounds like, based on MM's comments above, Damarious Randall doesn't seem to quite understand yet what it means to be a professional. I also did not like his response when asked if he was playing hurt - something along the lines of "you'd have to ask the coaches." Rubbed me the wrong way, though he might've just been trying to be careful about discussing injury status. Still, in this case I prefer the ever-bland "we're all playing hurt this time of year."