PDA

View Full Version : Gardner To Spill The Beans?

Packnut
09-06-2006, 09:07 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/bears/cst-spt-bearnt06.html

I sure hope MM did'nt tell this guy the game-plan last week.

KYPack
09-06-2006, 09:46 AM
They may have pumped Gardner for information, but I fear his well is dry. From what I saw of Gardner's act, he didn't have any beans to spill to the B*#rs.

Maybe we aren't hurting as bad as I think, if other North teams are sorting thru our cuts.

Gardner is a strange player. He started off like a world beater, then just filtered off into a big nothing.

"I sure hope MM did'nt tell this guy the game-plan last week."

I doubt the guys got anything of the Bear GP before they got cut.

GoPack06
09-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Dont the Bears do this every year. I guess we must still worry them. They better be worried. Greg Jennings and Driver are gonna tear up that overrated secondary.

Packnut
09-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Dont the Bears do this every year. I guess we must still worry them. They better be worried. Greg Jennings and Driver are gonna tear up that overrated secondary.

They will IF our O line gives Brett a little time.

mmmdk
09-06-2006, 10:14 AM
It should not be a big deal; with Bears pumping Gardner for information on the Packers. I just don't like it. Maybe MM filled Gardner with lots of false information to fool the Bears. Much like British agents were during WWII. :?

mmmdk
09-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Hmm Packers did sign G/T Travis Leffew off of the wire from Bears to the practice squad. Touché, I guess.

KYPack
09-06-2006, 10:30 AM

Yeah, this is an ANCIENT Bear trick, going back to the days of Lambeau and Halas. The Bears were always angling to snare a Packer Playbook or sign a recently cut Packer the week before the Packer game to get all the information they could.

When Gene Ronzani coached the Packers, he took Bear Paranoia to new heights. Ronzani played for the Bears and Halas and he knew what lengths Halas would go to to get info or a playbook.

Ronzani's response was to not have a playbook. This stopped Halas from stealing one, but added to his teams confusion.

ahaha
09-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Didn't they do this with Henry Burris a few years ago? My memory on this is a little spotty, but I think I remember Burris saying he'd be able to read our hand signals from the Bear's bench. We still won.

MJZiggy
09-06-2006, 10:43 AM
We still use hand signals?

KYPack
09-06-2006, 11:04 AM

Most of the D calls are waggled in.

They (for the offense) also have signals in case the helmet radios go on the blink.

The big "hand signal" incident occured against the Bears in '80. The Bears routed the Pack 61 - 7. After the game, Bear coaches confided that they had intercepted the Pack's sideline signals. Pack OC Zeke Bratkowski responded that Buddy Ryan could "get screwed" or words to that effect.

Pack0514
09-06-2006, 11:08 AM

In games versus the Bears, Yes....... but some call it the Bird.

Packers4Glory
09-06-2006, 11:08 AM

They will IF our O line gives Brett a little time. 3 step drops...slants, quick outs/ins posts. and then a fake and a bomb when they start trying to jump those routes.

FritzDontBlitz
09-06-2006, 11:11 AM

They will IF our O line gives Brett a little time.
if the packers run the wco from the shotgun and work the slants and short passes to the te it neutralizes the bears blitz. remember the game vs the ravens after they won the super bowl a few years back? the packers were supposed to get killed, but by moving the pocket and taking what baltimore gave them the packers went up 38-10 before winning 38-24. i suggest a game plan similar to that one....

FritzDontBlitz
09-06-2006, 11:12 AM

They will IF our O line gives Brett a little time. 3 step drops...slants, quick outs/ins posts. and then a fake and a bomb when they start trying to jump those routes.

thanks p4g, you said it better with less....

woodbuck27
09-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Rod Gardner spilled everything else, while he had a wonderful opportunity in Green Bay. . . that he said " he was so grateful for and would repay us in his appreciation of that chance with the Packers".

Yea Right Rod !!

Screw Rod Gardner ! :razz:

GO PACKERS ! da Bears "are meat" !!

Dabaddestbear
09-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah this is what I do. Go through post with no logical meaning behind it and bump it so the crow may be served up pretty good. :D