PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers Case for 3rd MVP Trophy Goes National

pbmax
12-21-2016, 10:40 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2682596-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-packers-may-be-as-good-as-we-thought-they-were

5 GMs, five votes for Rodgers.

Harlan Huckleby
12-21-2016, 10:48 AM
Rodgers has been really good the 2nd half of the year.

We need to review some of those game threads and separate the wise and the whack

Guiness
12-21-2016, 10:05 PM
An unexpected bunch of candidates for MVP this year. Prescott, Stafford and Ryan, and Elliot a running back. Throw Brady in the mix.

Brady's been spectacular, but i think the 4 game suspension all but rules him out. Also not sure an RB has a serious chance. Prescott has had a couple of bad games. Being a rookie hurts him as well.

Does it come down to Ryan and Stafford? I'll wait for someone other than Bleacher Report to have something to say about this before giving it much credence.

RashanGary
12-21-2016, 10:09 PM
Let's see how the regular season finishes. If the Packers stay on their trajectory and AR does too, I think AR gets it.

Fritz
12-22-2016, 06:07 AM
An unexpected bunch of candidates for MVP this year. Prescott, Stafford and Ryan, and Elliot a running back. Throw Brady in the mix.

Brady's been spectacular, but i think the 4 game suspension all but rules him out. Also not sure an RB has a serious chance. Prescott has had a couple of bad games. Being a rookie hurts him as well.

Does it come down to Ryan and Stafford? I'll wait for someone other than Bleacher Report to have something to say about this before giving it much credence.

If Brady's four game suspension rules him out, then Rodgers's first-half disappearance should rule him out, too.

Patler
12-22-2016, 09:49 AM
If Brady's four game suspension rules him out, then Rodgers's first-half disappearance should rule him out, too.

Most
Valuable
Player

When Brady was out, the Patriots were still a pretty good team, 3-1 and scored 81 points in three games, shutout in the 4th when forced to start and play their 3rd string QB.

When Rodgers was just "off", not even out, the Packers were not very good, and their offense was almost nonexistent.

If the criteria for the award really is the players value to his team, Rodgers gets the nod over Brady hands-down.

King Friday
12-22-2016, 10:46 AM
If Green Bay runs the table the final 2 games, I think he'll merit strong consideration for the award. However, I'm guessing his lackluster play (by his standards) during the first half of the season will be the deciding factor into him NOT getting the award.

Pugger
12-22-2016, 01:07 PM
Most
Valuable
Player

When Brady was out, the Patriots were still a pretty good team, 3-1 and scored 81 points in three games, shutout in the 4th when forced to start and play their 3rd string QB.

When Rodgers was just "off", not even out, the Packers were not very good, and their offense was almost nonexistent.

If the criteria for the award really is the players value to his team, Rodgers gets the nod over Brady hands-down.

Unfortunately no one knows what the criteria is for this award. Is the best player on the team with the best record? The guy who put up the best numbers consistently? Or the guy who means more to his team's success than any other? If it is the latter then its gotta be Rodgers. But because he struggled in the middle of the season he probably doesn't have much of a chance.

Fritz
12-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Most
Valuable
Player

Another way to look at it is that neither player did his team much good for a stretch of time, granted for different reasons. I'm not sure that would be a plus in considering a league MVP award.