PDA

View Full Version : Lenon to start for Lions

KYPack
09-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Maybe we aren't the worst team in the north.

While checking out the other teams in the division, I discovered that Paris Lenon will start as the Middle Linebacker for the Lions this year. That can't be, can it?

They are hurting that bad to play him as their Mike?

Sounds good to me. Any team with kitna as starting QB and Paris Lenon as starting Mike is no threat to anybody.

ahaha
09-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Maybe we aren't the worst team in the north.

While checking out the other teams in the division, I discovered that Paris Lenon will start as the Middle Linebacker for the Lions this year. That can't be, can it?

They are hurting that bad to play him as their Mike?

Sounds good to me. Any team with kitna as starting QB and Paris Lenon as starting Mike is no threat to anybody.

Sweet, our TE's and should have good days against the Lions.

mmmdk
09-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Lenon wouldn't have made the Packers roster. Even Roy Manning got picked up by, none other, than Texans. Geez, how much say does Shermy have!? R. Manning was # 7 on Packers depth chart, Paris would've been # 8.

ahaha
09-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Lenon wouldn't have made the Packers roster. Even Roy Manning got picked up by, none other, than Texans. Geez, how much say does Shermy have!? R. Manning was # 7 on Packers depth chart, Paris would've been # 8.

Sherman has made Houston a home for Packer cast-offs. But, he wasn't able to get the one they probably needed the most. Larry Beightol...outstanding offensive line coach + worst line in the NFL. I guess they really wanted to switch to the ZBS.

KYPack
09-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Really started this thread so somebody could post the old "Paris Hilton/Lenon" jokes.

Pacopete4
09-06-2006, 01:28 PM
hard to bash lenon for last year, he was one of the guys that i felt played as hard as he could even though his talent just was not up to par with what it needed to be. Maybe the Lions see something in him that we didnt, but then again.. it is the lions.

ahaha
09-06-2006, 01:30 PM
hard to bash lenon for last year, he was one of the guys that i felt played as hard as he could even though his talent just was not up to par with what it needed to be. Maybe the Lions see something in him that we didnt, but then again.. it is the lions.

Just like the saw something in Scottie Vines.

Patler
09-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Good for Paris Lenon! I am happy for him. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Paris Lenons of the world. He exemplifies hard work, perseverance and dedication.

2000 - Undrafted free agent waived before training camp even started.
2001 - XFL player, and Green Bay Practice Squad
2002 - NFLE & GB Special Teams (Packers openly hoped NOT to play him on Def.)
2003 - 2004 Special Teams, gradually more time on defense.
2005 - Packer's top reserve at all LB positions, started 12 games.
2006 - Detroit's starter for the opening game.

Unlike the Cletidus Hunts of the world Paris Lenon has earned everything he has received, and I for one hope he is outstanding in 14 of 16 games this year. I will let you guess which two I hope he plays poorly in!

KYPack
09-06-2006, 02:07 PM

Sherman has made Houston a home for Packer cast-offs. But, he wasn't able to get the one they probably needed the most. Larry Beightol...outstanding offensive line coach + worst line in the NFL. I guess they really wanted to switch to the ZBS.

They released Brad Bedell to sign Manning.

Kubiak may be a strange guy as HC. He is making wierd moves and acting funny. Reminds me of Chris Palmer when he took over Cleveland. Some guys get goofy when they get the big job.

Mario Williams is playing for the Texans like the nay-sayers predicted. Physically overmatched, taking plays off, the whole bit. It is possible this kid could wash out.

Guiness
09-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Bedell for Manning - wow. Sherman MUST have some say.

I haven't been paying attention to the Mario watch. That would be something, wouldn't it? I'd say unprecedented, except:

1995 Ki-Jana Carter
1996 Keyshawn Johnson
1999 Tim Couch
2000 Courtney Brown
2005 Alex Smith

Regardless, that's one heck of a mistake.

The last decade has not been nice to #1 overalls. Maybe I'm being harsh on Smith though.

Partial
09-06-2006, 03:17 PM

Well of course, Kubiak has been Denver's coordinator for years. He is naturally going to adopt the system he had employed there for years.

BF4MVP
09-06-2006, 03:22 PM
They released Brad Bedell to sign Manning.
LMFAO

Zool
09-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Well with Davis out, you think the Texans would like to have Reggie Bush now?

Partial
09-06-2006, 04:28 PM

I was going to make a rip on Mario for his lack of production, but the fact remains that he loves the weight room like Hawk, is 6'7"300 and quit bench pressing at the combine at 35 since he felt that was enough. Oh, and the 4.7 40 was just ridiculous. Everyone gave Vernon Davis all the credit, but christ where is this guys credit? And why is Davis not playing outside LB on passing downs? He's got the size and ideal speed? If I were Mike Nolan, i'd be training him for that.

Spaulding
09-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Lenon I believe is replacing Boss Bailey who everyone wanted the Packers to draft instead of Barnett. Glad the masses lost on draft day those years ago. Hmmm a player with more injuries than departed Davepoop and less production than even Hunt.

Looks like the Lion's LB corps is going to be grim this year.

KYPack
09-06-2006, 05:21 PM

I was going to make a rip on Mario for his lack of production, but the fact remains that he loves the weight room like Hawk, is 6'7"300 and quit bench pressing at the combine at 35 since he felt that was enough. Oh, and the 4.7 40 was just ridiculous.

The Texans plan on playing Williams at a tackle spot on passing downs. They feel he's not active enuff with his hands to play E in passing situations.

I think Kubiak is gonna be real good or real bad & I'm leaning to real bad right now.

Kiwon
09-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Good for Paris Lenon! I am happy for him. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Paris Lenons of the world. He exemplifies hard work, perseverance and dedication.

2000 - Undrafted free agent waived before training camp even started.
2001 - XFL player, and Green Bay Practice Squad
2002 - NFLE & GB Special Teams (Packers openly hoped NOT to play him on Def.)
2003 - 2004 Special Teams, gradually more time on defense.
2005 - Packer's top reserve at all LB positions, started 12 games.
2006 - Detroit's starter for the opening game.

Unlike the Cletidus Hunts of the world Paris Lenon has earned everything he has received, and I for one hope he is outstanding in 14 of 16 games this year. I will let you guess which two I hope he plays poorly in!

Amen.

BallHawk
09-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Lenon is a great guy. I read an article about him, and basically he has one car, nothing flashy, a mid-range SUV, he has medium sized house, and gives a ton of money to his parents. He's a great guy.

But does that mean he should start at LB? Absolutely not. He'd be the #7 LB on our roster behind Hawk, Barnett, Hodge, Poppinga, White, Taylor, and Hunter. And he's starting. My God, Franks and Lee should have a field day against this guy.

run pMc
09-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Agreed.

Glad to hear he's being rewarded for his efforts. Don't want to see him tackling Green in the backfield, though.

Bretsky
09-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Lenon is a great guy. I read an article about him, and basically he has one car, nothing flashy, a mid-range SUV, he has medium sized house, and gives a ton of money to his parents. He's a great guy.

But does that mean he should start at LB? Absolutely not. He'd be the #7 LB on our roster behind Hawk, Barnett, Hodge, Poppinga, White, Taylor, and Hunter. And he's starting. My God, Franks and Lee should have a field day against this guy.

Just goes to show how different teams have different strengths. The whole 2nd string may also start for GB at OL.

B

HarveyWallbangers
09-07-2006, 08:22 AM
Just goes to show how different teams have different strengths. The whole 2nd string may also start for GB at OL.

Slight exaggeration. I'd take Clifton and Tauscher over their starting OTs. Backus is solid, but Clifton has been better--although he has to cut out the false starts. That's not even mentioning their backup OTs. I think Wells has a good chance at being as good as their starting OC, Dominic Raiola--who has been an average starter.

So much of this season will boil down to the OGs. If they are serviceable (better than Klemm and Whitticker last year), then this offense should be in much better shape with a healthy Ahman Green, healthy Bubba Franks, Greg Jennings, and hopefully a more controlled Brett Favre. Will the OGs play well enough? Perhaps not, but just because Klemm and Whitticker didn't get it done last year doesn't mean Spitz and Moll can't get it done this year. I don't think a lot of the pressure in the preseason has been because of the rookie OGs. In fact, the OTs and RBs weren't at the top of their games in the preseason, and that caused a lot of problems. We'll see. I have a suspicion it will still be a trouble spot--more so Moll than Spitz--but you never know.

Iron Mike
09-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Lenon I believe is replacing Boss Bailey who everyone wanted the Packers to draft instead of Barnett. Glad the masses lost on draft day those years ago. Hmmm a player with more injuries than departed Davepoop and less production than even Hunt.

IIRC, Boss Bailey and E.G. Henderson were the top-rated linebackers in that draft--neither of which has been setting the NFL on fire. Maybe Barnett wasn't so poor of a draft choice. He's at least serviceable. :neutral:

Rastak
09-07-2006, 08:28 AM

IIRC, Boss Bailey and E.G. Henderson were the top-rated linebackers in that draft--neither of which has been setting the NFL on fire. Maybe Barnett wasn't so poor of a draft choice. He's at least serviceable. :neutral:

Actually EJ has been pretty bad to this point. He did, however have a great camp and a good preseason...don't know if that will carry over into the regular season.

KYPack
09-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Dubble Bubble

KYPack
09-07-2006, 09:13 PM
[quote=Bretsky]So much of this season will boil down to the OGs. If they are serviceable (better than Klemm and Whitticker last year), then this offense should be in much better shape with a healthy Ahman Green, healthy Bubba Franks, Greg Jennings, and hopefully a more controlled Brett Favre. Will the OGs play well enough? Perhaps not, but just because Klemm and Whitticker didn't get it done last year doesn't mean Spitz and Moll can't get it done this year. I don't think a lot of the pressure in the preseason has been because of the rookie OGs. In fact, the OTs and RBs weren't at the top of their games in the preseason, and that caused a lot of problems. We'll see. I have a suspicion it will still be a trouble spot--more so Moll than Spitz--but you never know.

I hope yer optimism trumps that bad feeling I have in the pit of my stomach. I have a long held philosophy...Rookies get ya beat. I like these kids better now than I did Whit & Klemm all last year. I think Spitz is solid for a Rook, but Moll has me worried. He doesn't have an NFL build yet & he doesn't have a lot of technique down . He gives it all on pass Pro, but they roll Wells to his side every pass. In the regular season, that ain't gonna hack it.

Fritz
09-08-2006, 08:41 AM
For all those people predicting that the Packers will be even worse this year than last, I'd say that if you look by position groups, and IF the Pack stays healthy, they ought to be at least a couple of wins better.

Can Moll and Spitz be much worse than Klemm and Whitticker last year? Will Jennings be an upgrade over last year's #2, Fergy? Are the linebackers better this year? The safeties? The corners? The running backs?

I'd say that if the O-line can just not be disastrous, and can improve as the season goes on, that the answer to the other questions above is "Yes" and that the Pack will be better this year.