PDA

View Full Version : Rex - let go by the Bills

jklowan
12-27-2016, 10:54 AM
I would love him as a d c0-ordinator, get it done TT

gbgary
12-27-2016, 10:55 AM
do we want the side show that will accompany him?

pbmax
12-27-2016, 11:01 AM
I would love him as a d c0-ordinator, get it done TT

I don't know about that. Maybe he returns to being good, but its been quite a while. Being a head coach might have messed him up.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 8m8 minutes ago
Pre-Rex December: Bills hold 2014 MVP (Rodgers) to a 34.3 passer rating.
A Rex Dec: Carr erases 24-9 lead, Bell 298 total yards, Ajayi 206.

texaspackerbacker
12-27-2016, 11:05 AM
I watched his brother totally suck as a D Coordinator for the Cowboys. I doubt Rex would be much better. Besides, we have Capers - who is ideal for the Packers situation, a great compensator for the let's say lackluster talent we have on D. Without Capers' scheming, the Packers D would be horrible - and I mean distinctly more horrible than now.

pbmax
12-27-2016, 11:06 AM
Rex has had far more success than Rob. But as I said, its been a while.

jklowan
12-27-2016, 11:28 AM
He is not head coach material, but as a d co-ordinator he'd kill, plus he obviously has an eye for d talent - his teams always play good d, he just has no concept of what to do with offense. I am starting the campaign

pbmax
12-27-2016, 12:11 PM
He is not head coach material, but as a d co-ordinator he'd kill, plus he obviously has an eye for d talent - his teams always play good d, he just has no concept of what to do with offense. I am starting the campaign

His Bills and the late period Jets played terrible defense. Football Outsiders have them ranked as the 24th ranked defense this year.

Last year they were 24th as well.

Cheesehead Craig
12-27-2016, 12:47 PM
No to all Ryans in GB, including Jon Ryan, Ryan Tannehill and Ryan Gosling.

Fritz
12-27-2016, 01:00 PM
If you think the Sexy Rexy Ryan Show would play well in the Green Bay culture, you can kiss my foot...or Rex can.

pbmax
12-27-2016, 01:36 PM
No to all Ryans in GB, including Jon Ryan, Ryan Tannehill and Ryan Gosling.

Jake Ryan?

Cheesehead Craig
12-27-2016, 01:42 PM
Jake Ryan?

I don't trust a guy who grew up in Ohio but went on to play for Michigan.

ThunderDan
12-27-2016, 01:47 PM
Ryan Grant?

Cheesehead Craig
12-27-2016, 02:06 PM
Ryan Grant?

He's retired, wouldn't help us now.

Zool
12-27-2016, 02:22 PM
Jake Ryan?

THE Jake Ryan?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7e/02/4a/7e024af2d808d5c7b7da656c266bc1a8.jpg

Joemailman
12-27-2016, 04:40 PM
do we want the side show that will accompany him?

I didn't think it was much of a side show when he was DC at Baltimore. he was a hell of a DC there.

Fritz
12-27-2016, 04:44 PM
Rex has gotten bigger since those days. I don't think it would be wise to bring him in. First Packer loss and fans will be going nuts for Thompson to fire MM and replace him with The Toe Sucker.

I think the Packers would just stay away from that sort of hire.

jklowan
12-27-2016, 04:51 PM
>>Rex has gotten bigger since those days. I don't think it would be wise to bring him in. First Packer loss and fans will be going nuts for Thompson to fire MM and replace him with The Toe Sucker.<<

couldn't disagree more, he sucks as a coach... and what DC is a distraction - none. I think he would bring the swagger this D lacks in a big big way

BZnDallas
12-27-2016, 05:00 PM
>>Rex has gotten bigger since those days. I don't think it would be wise to bring him in. First Packer loss and fans will be going nuts for Thompson to fire MM and replace him with The Toe Sucker.<<

couldn't disagree more, he sucks as a coach... and what DC is a distraction - none. I think he would bring the swagger this D lacks in a big big way

Greg Williams in New Orleans for 1. Rob Ryan in Dallas for 2. I'm on the no Ryan for DC in Green Bay bandwagon. However tiny a chance it is, I am rooting for a Zimmer firing in Minny and am ALL for him as my DC!

texaspackerbacker
12-27-2016, 10:00 PM
ANY of them would be a gigantic step downward from Capers. Without him and his scheming/compensating, the Packers D would drop through the floor.

King Friday
12-27-2016, 11:16 PM
I'll pass on Rex...I'd rather have a younger guy with a little more hunger than settle for yet another aged retread.

pbmax
12-28-2016, 12:20 AM
I want the Bears to do something dumb like fire Fangio and then the Packers to get him as hair apparent.

Patler
12-28-2016, 07:46 AM
Marcell Dareus said Ryan's defense has become too complicated for many players to carryout correctly. Article goes on to point out that he was most effective with veteran, heady players who were experienced in his system.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000764854/article/dareus-rex-ryans-defense-was-too-complicated

Isn't this the same criticism leveled at Capers' defense, it isn't well-suited to a team like GB that tends toward younger, less experienced rosters?

beveaux1
12-28-2016, 07:57 AM
I'm not seeing the Packers hiring Ryan even if Capers were to retire. As previous posters have stated, he brings too much baggage to the table. When his brother was DC in Dallas and New Orleans, they talked about him more than the HC and kept the camera on him constantly. Rex would bring a lot more publicity and that isn't the Packer way.

texaspackerbacker
12-28-2016, 08:14 AM
If Capers were to retire - which I hope doesn't happen for a lot of years, I would hope the Packers would go with somebody else who uses a scheming/finesse type defense. Dave Aranda comes to mind, although I don't know if the Packers would pay the kind of money LSU is giving him. A lot of D Coordinators get a reputation because their teams are loaded with D talent. Capers has done the job in spite of not having that luxury.

jklowan
12-28-2016, 09:27 AM
>>A lot of D Coordinators get a reputation because their teams are loaded with D talent. Capers has done the job in spite of not having that luxury. <<

Are u watching games I'm not, this defense sucks and has for 5 years...

texaspackerbacker
12-28-2016, 07:07 PM
>>A lot of D Coordinators get a reputation because their teams are loaded with D talent. Capers has done the job in spite of not having that luxury. <<

Are u watching games I'm not, this defense sucks and has for 5 years...

Not nearly as bad as it would have without Capers' scheming and compensating ...... we've won quite a few games in those 5 years.

RashanGary
12-29-2016, 12:24 AM
Not nearly as bad as it would have without Capers' scheming and compensating ...... we've won quite a few games in those 5 years.

Does anyone ever wonder if Tex comes here just to troll wist?

texaspackerbacker
12-29-2016, 06:36 AM
Does anyone ever wonder if Tex comes here just to troll wist?

Where the hell is Wist anyway? Does this mean he can't stand Capers or what? If so, I didn't even know that.

I would say anybody watching Packer games should greatly appreciate Capers. That is based on our overall winning while he has been here but also going way back to some bland defense in the past under other coordinators. If we did that now - just lined up and tried to compete without the edge that comes from his scheming, I hate to think about how bad it would be. I would even argue that Capers has been one of the pioneers of these designer defenses that more and more teams are going to by necessity. And so many of you guys talk about getting rid of him? Come on!

Fritz
12-29-2016, 09:48 AM
Wist has been disappeared for awhile now. I am afraid it's probably more health-related than it is related to his usual disappearance when the Packers start to win.

Cheesehead Craig
12-29-2016, 10:00 AM
Wist has been disappeared for awhile now. I am afraid it's probably more health-related than it is related to his usual disappearance when the Packers start to win.

He wasn't even around during that 4 game stretch when the defense was the worst it's been under Capers. That was prime teed-up material for him there. Hope all is well with him.

pbmax
12-29-2016, 10:01 AM
He's been posting in the Fantasy Football section. Think he is OK. he was around for the playoffs.

George Cumby
12-29-2016, 10:07 AM
I want the Bears to do something dumb like fire Fangio and then the Packers to get him as hair apparent.

Lol. I see what you did there.