PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: Week 17 @ Lions

pbmax
01-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Offense kicked it into gear in the 3rd Qtr after adjustments. Bit surprisingly, those adjustments included some decent runs. Last drive that ended in Adams TD was a thing of time wasting beauty.

Randall, Rollins (still in hospital, but has movement and is stable) and Dorleant get hurt. Randall and MD have knee issues.

Defense picked it up but Packers going to have to find a CB or two this week. Bet you only get one of Dorleant or Randall back. Randall has a shoulder problem too.

Schum had one great punt and a bunch of dreck. ST coverage was OK with one exception on kickoff.

pbmax
01-01-2017, 11:08 PM
OddsShark ‏@OddsShark 4m4 minutes ago
Opening Wild Card Lines from BetOnline:

HOU -2.5 VS OAK
SEA -7.5 VS DET
PIT -7.5 VS MIA
GB -6.5 VS NYG

pbmax
01-01-2017, 11:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1I_kMAWQAAPcXI.jpg:large

pbmax
01-01-2017, 11:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1I94CcXAAAQ301.jpg:large

pbmax
01-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3m3 minutes ago
McCarthy: That was a fun win. Just want to tell you how proud I am of my football team. Resiliency, time & time again. #GoPackGo

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 10s10 seconds ago
McCarthy: Winning games like today gives you great confidence, gives you momentum. We fully understand where we were 6 weeks ago.

NFC North Champions Hat, team needs better background for pics.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1JENCHXcAEonVI.jpg:large

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
McCarthy: We have bigger aspirations. This is the first step, getting into the playoffs. Move on & get ready for the Giants.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 28s28 seconds ago
MM says defense was down to three calls after all the secondary injuries.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 57s58 seconds ago
McCarthy: This team has an energy, an edge, a confidence that was evident very early. I've always believed & they believed.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 15s15 seconds ago
McCarthy on Quinten Rollins injury: That was tough...He was communicating & everything looked positive before he left the field.

pbmax
01-01-2017, 11:29 PM
http://www.footballperspective.com/the-detroit-lions-and-good-teams-with-losing-streaks-to-end-the-season/

The Lions began the season 9-4, but have now lost the team’s last two games headed into a winner-takes-the-NFC North showdown with the Packers. Detroit’s success — and failures — have been SOS-related. Detroit’s last two losses came to the two best teams (by record) the Lions have faced all year: the 13-2 Cowboys and 10-5 Giants. And the 9-4 start came with Detroit going 8-1 against teams with a losing record and 1-3 against teams with a winning record. To date, the only wins for the Lions this year against a team with a winning record was a 20-17 home victory over 8-6-1 Washington where Detroit had the ball, down 4, at its own 25, with 1:05 remaining. The Lions have done well by beating bad teams, but if Detroit loses to Green Bay, that unlikely win over the Redskins will be the only impressive win the team has all year.

Maxie the Taxi
01-01-2017, 11:31 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 28s28 seconds ago
MM says defense was down to three calls after all the secondary injuries.

Back to Old School defense. KISS

gbgary
01-01-2017, 11:32 PM
killing off the 3rd qtr and getting points both drives was big. same thing in the 4th. going quick ball control passing was the difference. got some good runs in there too. sometimes big-play-or-bust has to be shelved. it was a great adjustment at ht.

pbmax
01-01-2017, 11:35 PM
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix ‏@haha_cd6 3m3 minutes ago
6 in the wagon 0 laggin. #GOPACKGO #NFCNorthChamps

John Crockett ‏@KingJCrock_23 14m14 minutes ago
#NFCCHAMPS

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
Rodgers on run the table: I believed in myself & my abilities, but also believed in this team. If we just got one, things could get rolling.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 17s17 seconds ago
Rodgers: Mike (McCarthy) stayed the path. When the storm was upon us, we stuck together. Says a lot about the kind of people we have.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 11s11 seconds ago
Rodgers: Obviously we're in the playoffs now & the goal is to win the Super Bowl.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 46s47 seconds ago
Rodgers: Our first goal to start the season was to win the NFC North. We've done that now. Now we can talk about the playoffs.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3m3 minutes ago
Rodgers on @AaronRipkowski: Rip is a very consistent player...He's taken steps forward this year & has been that John Kuhn-like player.

Mason Crosby ‏@crosbykicks2 7m7 minutes ago
#NFCNorthChamps that is all!

gbgary
01-01-2017, 11:35 PM
Rodgers throwing shots at the media now. lol

pbmax
01-01-2017, 11:36 PM
killing off the 3rd qtr and getting points both drives was big. same thing in the 4th. going quick ball control passing was the difference. got some good runs in there too. sometimes big-play-or-bust has to be shelved. it was a great adjustment at ht.

Yeah, got sense the Lions changed their Defensive approach from the first game in a big way. Didn't look like anything the Packers wanted was easy in the first half.

call_me_ishmael
01-01-2017, 11:36 PM
HUGE line for the playoff game. Wow. That'll come down I would think.

gbgary
01-01-2017, 11:39 PM

why are you keeping us hanging?

Joemailman
01-01-2017, 11:50 PM
http://www.grindtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/lion2.jpeg

pbmax
01-01-2017, 11:57 PM
OddsShark ‏@OddsShark 4m4 minutes ago
Opening Wild Card Lines from BetOnline:

HOU -2.5 VS OAK
SEA -7.5 VS DET
PIT -7.5 VS MIA
GB -6.5 VS NYG

why are you keeping us hanging?

See first quote.

ThunderDan
01-01-2017, 11:58 PM
Already down to 4.5

pbmax
01-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Vague internet references to Spriggs knee being the problem.

On Montgomery missing large swath of first half:

Aaron Nagler ‏@AaronNagler 3h3 hours ago
@z_p_s He (McCarthy) said he got "dinged" which is interesting since no injury was ever reported.

So probably a concussion evaluation that was negative I am guessing.

pbmax
01-02-2017, 12:32 PM

@z_p_s He (McCarthy) said he got "dinged" which is interesting since no injury was ever reported.

gbgary
01-02-2017, 02:03 PM
See first quote.

d'oh!

run pMc
01-02-2017, 09:13 PM

Ty was limping after one play pretty good, I think it was in the first half. Also, I think they have pass pro concerns with him at this point, and Rip was running fine.

pbmax
01-03-2017, 03:37 PM
JS Comments ‏@JSComments 25m25 minutes ago
I could win coaching with AR at QB(or Favre).

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 26m26 minutes ago
Go ahead McMuffin Lovers and Teddy lovers, enjoy your one week of orgasm by beating paper lions .

You are doing a lot work red, thank you for the entertainment.