Ripkowski - 61 yards rushing

Geronimo!

Davante Adams - 2 TD's

Hyde - Filled in well and an INT.

Burnett

Gunter

Thunder Dan - Ran the table!

Zeros:

Matthews - Dropped a gift INT and not a factor overall.

Rollins - Having a tough night even before he got hurt

Randall

Bossman641
01-01-2017, 11:09 PM
Zero - Schum for that last punt he hit. He had 2 stinkers during the game.

pbmax
01-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Schum had one decent punt.

Ha Ha and Morgan played well.

call_me_ishmael
01-01-2017, 11:39 PM
Clay Matthews plays like 50% of the snaps at most right now. What's going on?

Patler
01-01-2017, 11:48 PM

I think he had three really good punts:

43 yards - fair catch at Detroit 13.
44 yards - fair catch at Detroit 11.
53 yards - downed at Detroit 5.

The other two were terrible.

texaspackerbacker
01-01-2017, 11:50 PM
Heroes: Both Aarons, Geronimo!, Davante, Micah, and Morgan

Zeroes: Randall, Schum, that's about it.

pbmax
01-01-2017, 11:56 PM
I think he had three really good punts:

43 yards - fair catch at Detroit 13.
44 yards - fair catch at Detroit 11.
53 yards - downed at Detroit 5.

The other two were terrible.

I do remember the 44 yarder. Forgot entirely about the other one down at the 13. Just angry about the two punts OOB.

Joemailman
01-02-2017, 12:05 AM
I do remember the 44 yarder. Forgot entirely about the other one down at the 13. Just angry about the two punts OOB.

My guess is the 2nd one was probably supposed to go out of bounds. Don't give them a chance at a return. But it wasn't supposed to go out of bounds so soon.

SMBASS
01-02-2017, 12:18 AM
Hero - Geronimo Allison

Love watching the confidence and chemistry that is developing between AR and Geronimo is such a short period of time. We've watched AR hesitate to throw to guys who have been on the team for a couple of years because they hadn't gained his trust yet but this kid seems to get it and knows where he's supposed to be and what he's supposed to be doing. AR is even starting to trust him enough that he'll throw up some 50/50 or contested balls like he does with Jordy. I think Ted found a real gem with this young man and I'm looking forward to watching him develop even more over the next couple of years. He seems to have great hands and an excellent feel for the game.

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2017, 12:32 AM
Clay Matthews plays like 50% of the snaps at most right now. What's going on?

They say he's gonna have shoulder surgery after the season.

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2017, 12:35 AM
I think either patler or mailman should get a new avatar. This is too confusing.

Freak Out
01-02-2017, 09:00 AM
Add TT to the hero list. I mean WTF? They go from a Lacy/Starks backfield to the Ripper by the end of the regular season? lol Pretty crazy with Monty, Chrissy and the Ripper all as options....oh and Cobb if healthy.

Joemailman
01-02-2017, 09:08 AM
Add TT to the hero list. I mean WTF? They go from a Lacy/Starks backfield to the Ripper by the end of the regular season? lol Pretty crazy with Monty, Chrissy and the Ripper all as options....oh and Cobb if healthy.

Probably have to give some props to Ben Sirmans, the RB coach. Had to deal with a real revolving door at RB this year.

pbmax
01-02-2017, 09:08 AM
My guess is the 2nd one was probably supposed to go out of bounds. Don't give them a chance at a return. But it wasn't supposed to go out of bounds so soon.

I thought the same thing with the first OOB punt. He must be under orders to be certain it goes OOB.

Fritz
01-02-2017, 09:26 AM
I hope he gets some secondary orders to make sure it goes at least 35 yards before it goes out of bounds. That could've cost them the game, that last shank.

I would also include, prior to his injury, Rollins on the "zeroes" list. Man, he got beat deep an awful lot. He just isn't very good right now.

The secondary - what was supposed to be the strength of the defense this year - is now the weakest link. At least the corners.

I am hoping that Randall and Dorleant get healthy quick. Really quick.

Matthews was invisible again. I wonder what the heck his deal is?

Rodgers was phenomonal. The offensive line, outside the penalties, was very good.

And Joe Thomas, before he re-injured his back, was superb.

KYPack
01-02-2017, 09:27 AM
A little negative here...

Everyone has the H's & Z's covered but there is one more dud.

Jeff Janis is the dumbest sumbitch alive. That holding penalty was unnecessary and really a cruncher at the time. That bastard hasn't learned anything in 3 seasons. He's a special teams demon, but a WR bust. Geronimo has zoomed by him is one season. Geronimo's chair pattern and clutch reception was another Hero deal for the Pack.

hoosier
01-02-2017, 09:42 AM

Jeff Janis is the dumbest sumbitch alive. That holding penalty was unnecessary and really a cruncher at the time. That bastard hasn't learned anything in 3 seasons. He's a special teams demon, but a WR bust. Geronimo has zoomed by him is one season. Geronimo's chair pattern and clutch reception was another Hero deal for the Pack.

Add McCarthy's clock management at the end. They get the ball back with 1:30 remaining, leading 31-17, with Detroit down to 1 timeout remaining, and McCarthy calls a running play???? Wtf was that all about? Three victory formations would have run all but 5 seconds off the clock and would have avoided the injury to Spriggs. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2017, 09:47 AM
Add McCarthy's clock management at the end. They get the ball back with 1:30 remaining, leading 31-17, with Detroit down to 1 timeout remaining, and McCarthy calls a running play???? Wtf was that all about? Three victory formations would have run all but 5 seconds off the clock and would have avoided the injury to Spriggs. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I thought the same thing. Then I did the math and realized they would have to punt, and I still thought the same thing. Except I understood why Stubby messed up, the chart in his head misfired.

Joemailman
01-02-2017, 09:52 AM
Matthews was invisible again. I wonder what the heck his deal is?

Matthews is gutting it out with an injury. Also saw some replays where he was double teamed. Lions made sure he wouldn't do to them what he did to the Vikings.

hoosier
01-02-2017, 09:55 AM
I thought the same thing. Then I did the math and realized they would have to punt, and I still thought the same thing. Except I understood why Stubby messed up, the chart in his head misfired.

No, they could have snapped the ball to Janis and had him run the last five seconds off the clock. But the real question is, how can a guy whose pay grade exceeds $2M per year be incapable of doing basic math on the fly? Or, if he is truly incapable of doing the calculation, hire a high school student who's decent at math to stand by his side for the last five minutes of each half. I really cannot fathom how a professional team can invest so many resources into advanced statistics but fail at something so basic.

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2017, 09:58 AM
I think Stubby did the math correctly. But then he forgot he was up two scores, not one. That's really where I think the brain glitch happened.

It was stupid. But people make mistakes in heat of battle.

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2017, 10:08 AM
No, they could have snapped the ball to Janis and had him run the last five seconds off the clock.

Sure. But punt or dance around doesn't matter, they are up 2 scores with 5 seconds left. You could put Bostick back there and he couldn't find a way to blow the game.

gbgary
01-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Hero - Geronimo Allison

yup. loved this guy in preseason and was shocked he wasn't on the roster and janis was. glad he took advantage of his chances.

i'm glad they signed allison. based on history, and this camp, i'm surprised he didn't get the nod over janis for the last wr spot.

Patler
01-02-2017, 10:13 AM

I was even more amazed by the fact that the running play was a carry by Joe Kerridge. Was that really a good time for the young man to take his first NFL handoff ever? A fumble at that point could have brought on a Seattle-like ending to the game.

hoosier
01-02-2017, 10:16 AM
Yes, I was baffled by the Kerridge thing too. But my bafflement was quickly forgotten in the face of McCarthy's incomprehensible inability to do basic math.

Pugger
01-02-2017, 10:18 AM

No kidding. With Geronimo and hopefully Cobb back next week I hope they keep Janis only on ST (unless they want to try that end around again).

Pugger
01-02-2017, 10:20 AM
I was even more amazed by the fact that the running play was a carry by Joe Kerridge. Was that really a good time for the young man to take his first NFL handoff ever? A fumble at that point could have brought on a Seattle-like ending to the game.

Were Rip and Monty dinged up there?

Pugger
01-02-2017, 10:23 AM
You gotta hand it to TT and his scouts how they can find kids like Geronimo and Sheilds. How did these 2 not get drafted?

red
01-02-2017, 10:23 AM
No kidding. With Geronimo and hopefully Cobb back next week I hope they keep Janis only on ST (unless they want to try that end around again).

even if they get rid of cobb (i doubt they will) janis should be done

don't forget about this years draft pick, davis, he's showed some promise to me

gbgary
01-02-2017, 10:26 AM

he's fast but he can't catch. prime candidate to convert to db.

You gotta hand it to TT and his scouts how they can find kids like Geronimo and Sheilds. How did these 2 not get drafted?

not enough rounds in the draft.

Joemailman
01-02-2017, 10:35 AM

Geronimo ran a 4.67 40 at the Combine. That will get you undrafted. Is he more than Ruvell Martin? I think he might be quicker than Ruvell was off the line.

red
01-02-2017, 10:35 AM

well, as to why no one else drafted them

shields was a wide reciever until his senior year of college, when he finally made the switch to CB, and then didn't put up big impressive numbers. then he got busted for weed before the draft

geronimo, did next to squat in college. 600 yards and 5 td's his junior year and 900 yards but just 3 td's his senior year. he had potential but was "very raw"

KYPack
01-02-2017, 10:41 AM
I've always thought big Mike needs to add a guy to his staff that could function as a minder. An old coach with no more career aspirations that could prompt him in the heat of battle. Belichick has that old pal of his that he consults with (not on the sideline, but you get the idea). Some old hand that would only have to speak up once a month, but remind Mike when he gets all screwed up.

I think that's why Mike gave up play calling for a bit. He gets distracted by that multi-fold laminated sheet of his and gets his mind off game situations from time. An old salt could have told him he was up by two scores and could kneel out the clock and have a couple seconds for the punt to end the game. He should get a guy like that.

ThunderDan
01-02-2017, 10:44 AM
well, as to why no one else drafted them

shields was a wide reciever until his senior year of college, when he finally made the switch to CB, and then didn't put up big impressive numbers. then he got busted for weed before the draft

geronimo, did next to squat in college. 600 yards and 5 td's his junior year and 900 yards but just 3 td's his senior year. he had potential but was "very raw"
Geronimo had no one to throw to him at Illinois. It was a miracle he got over 250 yards receiving in any year.

Maxie the Taxi
01-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Yes, I was baffled by the Kerridge thing too. But my bafflement was quickly forgotten in the face of McCarthy's incomprehensible inability to do basic math.You are right. Harlan is wrong. Stubby is a time management/game management retard. He has always been. Let's hope his TM/GM incompetence doesn't bite us in the postseason as it has in years past.

That said, Go Pack Go! Houston or bust!!!!!!

Pugger
01-02-2017, 10:46 AM
he's fast but he can't catch. prime candidate to convert to db.

not enough rounds in the draft.

Janis to DB? That is an interesting suggestion...it would solve our speed issues back there if nothing else.

gbgary
01-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Janis to DB? That is an interesting suggestion...it would solve our speed issues back there if nothing else.

nah...he'd F it up. lol

ThunderDan
Geronimo had no one to throw to him at Illinois. It was a miracle he got over 250 yards receiving in any year.

Just looked on the net, Illinois didn't have 3,000 in passing offense Allison's last 2 years. Had some guy with over a 1,000 receiving in 2014.

Maxie the Taxi
I've always thought big Mike needs to add a guy to his staff that could function as a minder. An old coach with no more career aspirations that could prompt him in the heat of battle. Belichick has that old pal of his that he consults with (not on the sideline, but you get the idea). Some old hand that would only have to speak up once a month, but remind Mike when he gets all screwed up.

I think that's why Mike gave up play calling for a bit. He gets distracted by that multi-fold laminated sheet of his and gets his mind off game situations from time. An old salt could have told him he was up by two scores and could kneel out the clock and have a couple seconds for the punt to end the game. He should get a guy like that.Would he even have to punt? Why not just stand over center on 4th down until the clock runs out? I think I saw it done in one of yesterday's games.

Joemailman
01-02-2017, 10:50 AM
Janis to DB? That is an interesting suggestion...

Please. You want Janis trying to remember if he's supposed to cover the WR deep, or if he's supposed to release him to the Safety? (Shudder). At least when he runs a route wrong, it doesn't give the other team a TD. The question with Janis is whether he's good enough on ST to justify a roster spot on that alone.

Maxie the Taxi
01-02-2017, 10:51 AM
nah...he'd F it up. lolYup. You maybe don't need hands to play CB, but you need a brain.

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2017, 10:54 AM
You are right. Harlan is wrong. Stubby is a time management/game management retard. He has always been. Let's hope his TM/GM incompetence doesn't bite us in the postseason as it has in years past.

That said, Go Pack Go! Houston or bust!!!!!!

Exhibit A: Check the game thread. I immediately blew a gasket when the Packers didn't go into victory formation. Everyone else was cheerfully celebrating the impending win.

Exhibit B: Your 8th grade report card. What's that "AGE: 19" at the top?

gbgary
01-02-2017, 10:57 AM
Please. You want Janis trying to remember if he's supposed to cover the WR deep, or if he's supposed to release him to the Safety? (Shudder). At least when he runs a route wrong, it doesn't give the other team a TD. The question with Janis is whether he's good enough on ST to justify a roster spot on that alone.

bush seemed to make it that way.

Maxie the Taxi
01-02-2017, 11:04 AM
Exhibit A: Check the game thread. I immediately blew a gasket when the Packers didn't go into victory formation. Everyone else was cheerfully celebrating the impending win.

Exhibit B: Your 8th grade report card. What's that "AGE: 19" at the top?I was questioning your math, not to mention your knee jerk defense of Stubby's ignorance. I surely wouldn't question your common sense. :roll:

Furthermore, it's unseemly to bring up my educational challenges. Besides, it all worked out for the best. That 8th grade teacher and I just celebrated our 68th wedding anniversary!

Joemailman
01-02-2017, 11:07 AM
bush seemed to make it that way.

True, but Packers usually keep about 6 WR's and about 11 DB's, so it was easier to find a spot for Bush.

Patler
01-02-2017, 11:17 AM

I think Janis' time in GB will be done unless he shows great strides as a WR next year. His ST value has declined this year as others like Brice, Evans and Dorleant have shown similar aggressiveness and tenacity in coverage. Janis has been a non-factor in returns, and they have quite a few potential return men who have more value on O or D than Janis. As a WR, Davis has similar speed, and I expect another WR in the draft..

Janis has a size/speed combination that is a little uncommon, and unmatched by anyone on the current roster., but in performance he no longer provides anything that others do not, and his mistakes have increased.

It may come down to Davis and Janis for the last roster spot at WR. Davis had opportunities early, and apparently did nothing to impress the coaches. Janis might have the advantage over him right now, but might not by next fall.

Maxie the Taxi
01-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Could it be that Matthews was just being "smart" and saving up his all-out effort for when it really matters? (Maybe Dom too?) After all, he knew before the game started that the Pack was going to play next week.

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2017, 11:24 AM
I was questioning your math, not to mention your knee jerk defense of Stubby's ignorance. I surely wouldn't question your common sense. :roll:

My math was the same as Hoosiers, and I didn't defend MM, unless you call guessing he forgot he was up by 2 scores a defense.

Patler
01-02-2017, 11:26 AM

It seems to me that Clements should be serving that function. What else is he doing these days?

KYPack
01-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Would he even have to punt? Why not just stand over center on 4th down until the clock runs out? I think I saw it done in one of yesterday's games.

Would that give Caldwell a shot at the old "Put 12 men on the field" trick?

Game can't end on a D penalty.

Or izzat illegal now?

Maxie the Taxi
01-02-2017, 11:39 AM
My math was the same as Hoosiers, and I didn't defend MM, unless you call guessing he forgot he was up by 2 scores a defense.I'm still thinking we wouldn't have had to punt. Just run the time out on 4th down.

But that is neither here nor there. Now I am questioning your severe disability when it comes to guessing. Maybe Stubby needs to hire a rather mature 8th grader to stand by his side at crunch time and point to the scoreboard.

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2017, 11:49 AM
I'm still thinking we wouldn't have had to punt. Just run the time out on 4th down.

with 5 seconds left, up by 2 scores, you can pass the ball to the other team and laugh while they run it into the endzone

Maxie the Taxi
01-02-2017, 12:02 PM
with 5 seconds left, up by 2 scores, you can pass the ball to the other team and laugh while they run it into the endzoneTrue, but we are still faced with the Stubby brain fart problem. That turned a laugher into a nail-biter that conjured up the ghost of the Seattle game past.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Yup. You maybe don't need hands to play CB, but you need a brain.

Wow! Not much lovin here for poor Janis. Maybe he will turn it around, nuy yeah, is running out of time. I seem to recall similar hate for Adams here not too long ago.

Maxie the Taxi
01-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Wow! Not much lovin here for poor Janis. Maybe he will turn it around, nuy yeah, is running out of time. I seem to recall similar hate for Adams here not too long ago.It's especially disheartening since I believe I am the President of the Janis fan club. :sad:

KYPack
01-02-2017, 12:26 PM
It seems to me that Clements should be serving that function. What else is he doing these days?

Well P, I don't think Tollbooth Mike would listen to Tom C in crucial situations anymore than he listens to him now. Clements "Title" is Associate Head Coach/Offense. In other words, Senior Piss boy.

(Winston Moss is the Associate Head Coach/Defense. IOW, the Pack is developing their own little coaches Monster Island)

I'm thinking MM should bring some old sage coach from his past. An old line coach, an offensive coordinator or HC that he would trust to ask the odd bit of advice. A guy he could ask "Wadaya think Joe"? and he'd trust the advice. A guy who could holler "everybody, shut the fuck up" and the whole team would listen to him kind of guy.

Iron Mike
01-02-2017, 12:33 PM

I think that's why Mike gave up play calling for a bit. He gets distracted by that multi-fold laminated sheet of his and gets his mind off game situations from time. An old salt could have told him he was up by two scores and could kneel out the clock and have a couple seconds for the punt to end the game. He should get a guy like that.

Didn't Mike Sherman kinda do the same thing personnel-wise by bringing in Mark Hatley???

pbmax
01-02-2017, 12:34 PM
Didn't Mike Sherman kinda do the same thing personnel-wise by bringing in Mark Hatley???

He also brought in a clock guru whom he largely ignored.

Iron Mike
01-02-2017, 12:36 PM
Well P, I don't think Tollbooth Mike would listen to Tom C in crucial situations anymore than he listens to him now. Clements "Title" is Associate Head Coach/Offense. In other words, Senior Piss boy.

(Winston Moss is the Associate Head Coach/Defense. IOW, the Pack is developing their own little coaches Monster Island)

I'm thinking MM should bring some old sage coach from his past. An old line coach, an offensive coordinator or HC that he would trust to ask the odd bit of advice. A guy he could ask "Wadaya think Joe"? and he'd trust the advice. A guy who could holler "everybody, shut the fuck up" and the whole team would listen to him kind of guy.

Maybe he could hire Joe Philbin away from the Colts...

pbmax
01-02-2017, 12:41 PM
On Hyde coming up big:

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/insidersblog/2017/01/02/4-downs-unsung-hyde-comes-through/96082050/

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2017, 01:09 PM
True, but we are still faced with the Stubby brain fart problem. That turned a laugher into a nail-biter that conjured up the ghost of the Seattle game past.

I was not asleep at the switch, I was dutifully cursing the TV screen. At the time, I was just worried about a stupid injury, which actually happened. But patler and ... what's your name again? ... are right, the game was still loseable if they finessed it just right.

Of course a fumble was unlikely, unless you hand it to a backup fullback who hasn't carried the ball since high school.

Guiness
01-02-2017, 03:21 PM
I think Janis' time in GB will be done unless he shows great strides as a WR next year. His ST value has declined this year as others like Brice, Evans and Dorleant have shown similar aggressiveness and tenacity in coverage. Janis has been a non-factor in returns, and they have quite a few potential return men who have more value on O or D than Janis. As a WR, Davis has similar speed, and I expect another WR in the draft..

Janis has a size/speed combination that is a little uncommon, and unmatched by anyone on the current roster., but in performance he no longer provides anything that others do not, and his mistakes have increased.

It may come down to Davis and Janis for the last roster spot at WR. Davis had opportunities early, and apparently did nothing to impress the coaches. Janis might have the advantage over him right now, but might not by next fall.

I'd be shocked if there was a next year for him. I think he got a reprieve after the performance in a losing effort against the Cardinals last year, but he didn't build on it. I can't see them having any more patience with him.

Guiness
01-02-2017, 03:25 PM

Ha Ha and Morgan played well.

Ha Ha had a great game. All over the field last night. He made a TD saving tackle on Randall's blown coverage on the right sideline, and I even saw him in the backfield helping Mathews up after a play!

SMBASS
01-02-2017, 04:14 PM

Agree...the Illini completely sucked during his time there in school.

hoosier
01-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Would that give Caldwell a shot at the old "Put 12 men on the field" trick?

Game can't end on a D penalty.

Or izzat illegal now?
It is legal but Packers would just dwcline penalty

Maxie the Taxi
01-02-2017, 04:25 PM
Not surprised in the least by Allison's performance. He was ranked as #10 WR in last year's draft by Walter Football. Plus, I watched him in the East-West Shrine game and the Senior Bowl. He tore up both.

Joemailman
01-02-2017, 06:06 PM
Not surprised in the least by Allison's performance. He was ranked as #10 WR in last year's draft by Walter Football. Plus, I watched him in the East-West Shrine game and the Senior Bowl. He tore up both.

Wow. I had no idea. This may be a classic case of teams paying too much attention to a player's 40 time.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016WR.php

Geronimo Allison, WR, Illinois
Height: 6-3. Weight: 196.
Arm: 32.88. Hand: 9.5. 40 Time: 4.67.
Projected Round (2015): 3-4.
4/26/16: At the East-West Shrine, Allison absolutely dominated the defensive backs. That earned him a late addition to the Senior Bowl, where he continued to be impressive. Allison used his speed to beat defensive backs vertically and get quick separation while also using his size to produce scores in the red-zone scrimmage. As a senior for the Illini, Allison totaled 65 receptions for 882 yards with three touchdowns. He had 41 catches for 598 yards and five scores as a junior.

Sources say they really like Allison's skill set. He has quickness for a 6-foot-3 receiver and runs good routes. Allison also has big, soft hands. He is very good at attacking the football away from his body and locking it in. The quickness and those route-running skills could be seen in his red-zone scores. Allison also has length and height. While he didn't run fast in the 40 at the combine, Allison plays a lot quicker than his time would suggest.

The one issue that sources say Allison needs to improve is strength. Going to a NFL strength and conditioning program should remedy that.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016WR.php#WAf8r3zS60QgOIUX.99

gbgary
01-02-2017, 07:17 PM
G-mo!

hoosier
01-03-2017, 10:24 AM
Silverstein said in his in-game chat that he was going to ask MM about the bizarro play calls in the last 1:30. It doesn't appear he ever did (unless the question was censored or fell onto the editing room floor). Old Tom hereby goes on my Zeroes list.

Fritz
01-03-2017, 11:42 AM
That was some weird shit. You wouldn't think he'd give a rookie his first professional carry in that situation, or that he couldn't figure out that three running plays and a punt would end the game.

hoosier
01-03-2017, 11:52 AM
Right. I see a fair amount of evidence that McCarthy may be an idiot savant. Unfortunately, the replay system and clock management do not fall within his area of unique brilliance.

Cheesehead Craig
01-03-2017, 01:09 PM
It was all that stupid Briggs' fault getting hurt and stopping the clock.

hoosier
01-03-2017, 02:01 PM
Spriggs. Briggs was an oft injured LB on the Bears. Spriggs is spry and sprightly and only gets injured when exposed unnecessarily.

channtheman
01-03-2017, 03:20 PM
It was all that stupid Briggs' fault getting hurt and stopping the clock.

No injury if we just took 3 knees and punted which all but end the game. But yeah, loser wasted 25 seconds by getting 'hurt.'