PDA

View Full Version : Twin Cities Crew

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Is everybody watching the game at home or are any folks willing to meet up again? For karma's sake, I was thinking about heading over to Hudson with Superfan.

jack's smirking revenge
09-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Let me know what you guys come up with. I'm possibly down with meeting for the game on Sunday. I need to find a place to watch it anyway (can't watch it at home--I won't get into details).

tyler

ahaha
09-06-2006, 12:23 PM
I'd be up for hooking up with you guys again, just not this week. The first week is the most exciting for fantasy football. I plan on being close to my computer, constantly following my guys. Oh man, I can't wait.

superfan
09-06-2006, 12:29 PM
The Village Inn Bar and Grille is the preferred establishment in Hudson. 94 across the river to 35 North, drive through Hudson and keep going for 6 miles or so. Once you are certain you've gone to far, you'll see it on the left side of the road. Also referred to as the "Kozy Korner".

Somebody will need to get there at least an hour before kickoff to hold a table.

superfan
09-06-2006, 12:30 PM
If you guys need a ride, PM myself and/or Harvey.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2006, 12:37 PM
If you guys need a ride, PM myself and/or Harvey.

You mean if somebody wants to volunteer to be the designated driver, right?
:D

Tarlam!
09-06-2006, 01:19 PM
J.e.a.l.o.u.s......sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. ...J E A L O U S!!!!!!!

Ans you al just FLAUNT it in my face!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

No Mo Moss
09-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Hmmmmm?

So Beer, PAckers vs Bears, fellow Rats, DD, beer.

Well that is one hell of an offer to turn down. Chalk me up in the maybe column.

So has this karma worked before? Hopefully you didn't make it there too many times last year.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2006, 03:14 PM
It worked great for awhile, but it didn't last year. Then again, nothing would have worked last year.

superfan
09-06-2006, 03:38 PM
If memory serves correctly, I've witnessed both the miracle over time playoff win against Seattle and the infamous 4th and 26th there, so the only karma I'm banking on is good times with fellow fans, not on field performance.

No Mo Moss
09-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Oh, well I better come then.

superfan
09-06-2006, 06:26 PM
So the count is me, Harvey, No Mo Moss, maybe Jack's. Tarlam will be there in spirit. Ahaha will be at home chained to his computer. Anyone else?

Rastak -- you're team is off Sunday, care to join us? We can team up against da Bores fans that will inevitably be there...

jack's smirking revenge
09-06-2006, 06:58 PM
So the count is me, Harvey, No Mo Moss, maybe Jack's. Tarlam will be there in spirit. Ahaha will be at home chained to his computer. Anyone else?

Rastak -- you're team is off Sunday, care to join us? We can team up against da Bores fans that will inevitably be there...

You can count me in. Fo shizzle. Best time I have watching the Pack is with friends. Otherwise, I stew in privacy with each mistake.... In public, at least my frustration is blunted.

I don't think I can be the one getting there an hour early to hold the table though...

tyler

Rastak
09-06-2006, 07:02 PM

Hey if you guys were at Gabes I'd go but Hudson is a bit far....thanks for the invite though, it would be fun.

No Mo Moss
09-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Spoken liek a true MN, where every 15 min. drive seems like a three hour ordeal.

jack's smirking revenge
09-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Any reason that we can't do Gabe's? Just curious.

tyler

Rastak
09-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Spoken liek a true MN, where every 15 min. drive seems like a three hour ordeal.

yea, ecspecially when you've had a bunch of brewski's and you've got MN plates on the back of your car.....a scary thought. :sad:

jack's smirking revenge
09-06-2006, 07:10 PM

yea, ecspecially when you've had a bunch of brewski's and you've got MN plates on the back of your car.....a scary thought. :sad:

Well, unless you're driving with a suspended license, going WAY over the speed limit, and are evading police, you shouldn't have to worry.

Better yet, just have sex in a seedy backalley or stairwell.

I can't say that I have experience in either. Just speaking hypothetically.

tyler

wpony
09-06-2006, 07:20 PM
I would love to make it but I am on bed rest took a bad fall 2 days ago messed myself up bad so they have me on so many meds I sleep all day I just hope I am awake for the game lol. anyway all you people up there bring us good luck sounds like you will all have a blast maybe sometime if any one is going up there from the Madison area we could car pool it and save some money lol

Rastak
09-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey Jack, I was thinking of pulling a Koren Robinson only blowing a .20. Maybe do 100 down 94 and the try and outrun the Wisconsin highway patrol and basically lead them dirrectly to my house.....

jack's smirking revenge
09-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Hey Jack, I was thinking of pulling a Koren Robinson only blowing a .20. Maybe do 100 down 94 and the try and outrun the Wisconsin highway patrol and basically lead them dirrectly to my house.....

Lead 'em to the Kozy Korner. We could have an old-fashioned Hudson shoot-out with 'dem city pigs.

I think they'll probably let you go when they figure out you're only going to a Packer bar. Wisconsin leniency....

tyler

Rastak
09-06-2006, 07:56 PM

Lead 'em to the Kozy Korner. We could have an old-fashioned Hudson shoot-out with 'dem city pigs.

I think they'll probably let you go when they figure out you're only going to a Packer bar. Wisconsin leniency....

tyler

I hadn't thought of that,,,,I would guess it would go like this....

Cop: So you say you were with a group called packerrats watching the Packers....will these guys vouch for you.

Me: Sure, hey guys, tell 'em who I am!

You guys: He's a Viking troll.

And off I'd go to the local jail, never to be seen again.

superfan
09-06-2006, 08:09 PM
If Jack posts his address, you could lead them directly to his house.

If everybody else is sold on Gabe's, I'm willing to call the audible and meet there. Personally, I like the Hudson bar a bit more, although it does make for a longer, more depressing ride home after a loss.

Hudson only works for me for 3:15 games (I've got some pregame Sunday prayin' to do), so for me it makes sense to hit Hudson when I can.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2006, 08:10 PM
I'd do Gabes--provided somebody is going to arrive about an hour early to guarantee a good seat.

superfan
09-06-2006, 08:26 PM
I hadn't thought of that,,,,I would guess it would go like this....

Cop: So you say you were with a group called packerrats watching the Packers....will these guys vouch for you.

Me: Sure, hey guys, tell 'em who I am!

You guys: He's a Viking troll.

And off I'd go to the local jail, never to be seen again.

Well, being the Viking troll, you would be the driver. :wink:

Partial
09-06-2006, 08:35 PM
I would love to make it but I am on bed rest took a bad fall 2 days ago messed myself up bad so they have me on so many meds I sleep all day I just hope I am awake for the game lol. anyway all you people up there bring us good luck sounds like you will all have a blast maybe sometime if any one is going up there from the Madison area we could car pool it and save some money lol

Get Well soon!!

Rastak
09-06-2006, 09:12 PM
I can most likely make it to Gabes...I'd say 90% chance the boss won't put the kibosh on it.

superfan
09-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Okay, a change of location to Gabe's sounds like the best option. We have...

1. superfan
2. Harvey
3. Jack's (just happy to be out of the house)
4. NoMo (can't turn down the beer/football combination)
5. Rastak (90%)

Tarlam, ahaha, and wpony with us in spirit.

I'm putting the over/under on pitchers consumed by Rastak and NoMo at 12, and I'm taking the over.

Should be fun. GO PACK!

Rastak
09-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Okay, a change of location to Gabe's sounds like the best option. We have...

1. superfan
2. Harvey
3. Jack's (just happy to be out of the house)
4. NoMo (can't turn down the beer/football combination)
5. Rastak (90%)

Tarlam, ahaha, and wpony with us in spirit.

I'm putting the over/under on pitchers consumed by Rastak and NoMo at 12, and I'm taking the over.

Should be fun. GO PACK!

If last time was any indication, the over is safe.

No Mo Moss
09-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Can I be banned like Pete Rose for betting on a competiton I am in?

Ras I think you owe me a pitcher this time.

So who can get there early and find some good TV viewing area and pull together some tables?

Plus you'll have to kick ass if people try and sit down.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Rastak lives three blocks away.

No Mo Moss
09-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Are you guys sure you want to watch at a bar? I would probably be willing to have some people over. I have a sweet setup. If not for the opener then maybe down the road.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Are you guys sure you want to watch at a bar? I would probably be willing to have some people over. I have a sweet setup. If not for the opener then maybe down the road.

You aren't going to kill us, right? Honestly, I'd be up for anything. But I have to be surrounded by other Packer fans (and Rastak). No bad karma.

No Mo Moss
09-06-2006, 11:09 PM
I'll check with the boss. If this weekend doesn't work then we'll have to do it soon. I'll find out Thursday and let everyone know. RastaK probably wouldn't drive to Hopkins though, its too far.

No Mo Moss
09-06-2006, 11:09 PM

You aren't going to kill us, right?

Have you seen hostel?

superfan
09-07-2006, 12:44 AM
Scary -- I think I'll wait to hear your real scores on the worth/corruption tests (Romper Room) before I agree to come over.

Rastak
09-07-2006, 05:03 AM
Rastak lives three blocks away.

One mile actually....

Rastak
09-07-2006, 05:04 AM
Can I be banned like Pete Rose for betting on a competiton I am in?

Ras I think you owe me a pitcher this time.

So who can get there early and find some good TV viewing area and pull together some tables?

Plus you'll have to kick ass if people try and sit down.

You got it No Mo.....

No Mo Moss
09-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Alright Gabe's it is then. Ras, I'll meet you there a little before 2:00, if you get there a little before that, that would probably do the trick.

Rastak
09-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Alright Gabe's it is then. Ras, I'll meet you there a little before 2:00, if you get there a little before that, that would probably do the trick.

Can I reserve a table or do I just grab one? Regular season, I think I'll leave the Viking garb at home this time, if things go south for the Pack I want to stay incognito and if things go well, I'll avoid being the target of endless ribbing........Anyway, I'll probably head over at halftime of game one. That should land me there around 1:45 or so. This assumes the wife doesn't veto the whole thing. I've got a verbal ok but that isn't always binding....LOL

No Mo Moss
09-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Ras, you may have to get that in writting from the little lady. Jack's SR works at a law firm, maybe he could draw up some papers for you.

I's say that's a good choice on the veto on the Vikings garb, I'll bring you an extra Packers Jersey.

Ras, just pull some tables togther and if the waitress wonders what's going on just tell her we're good looking and rich, assure her it'll be worth it. I'll get there at two and we can play quarters. MAN AM I PUMPED, JUST THINKING ABOUT IT GET S THEADRENALINE GOING. And that's just thinking about playing quarters.

No Mo Moss
09-07-2006, 09:06 AM
Ras, you better wear the bandana though.

******WARNING! I AM BRINGING THE CAMERA THIS TIME!*******

HarveyWallbangers
09-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Ras, you may have to get that in writting from the little lady. Jack's SR works at a law firm, maybe he could draw up some papers for you.

That's funny. I have a buddy who is a lawyer, and for the big guys night out things, he'll draw up a legal document that he makes his wife sign. It's too funny.

Cheesehead Craig
09-07-2006, 10:09 AM
I'll take a pass this week on meeting you guys at Gabe's. I have to limit my bar viewing of Packer games to when I'm not able to watch it on TV at home. Would be great to meet you guys though.

No Mo Moss
09-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!

Now that the first game is over and my fantasy team is kicking ass I am beyond pumped for this weekends game. You guys are going to have to tie me down. If the packers are ahlf as up for this game as me it should be a good Sunday, and Monday.....

Rastak
09-09-2006, 06:12 PM
So, who is for sure going to Gabes?

If it's nobdoy I sure as hell ain't going....LOL...

jack's smirking revenge
09-09-2006, 07:04 PM

I am confirmed and looking forward to it!

tyler

No Mo Moss
09-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Yuppers!

Rastak
09-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Cool, I'll try and get a table at halftime on the first game....

jack's smirking revenge
09-09-2006, 08:04 PM

I am confirmed and looking forward to it!

tyler

And Rastak, you'll be happy to know that I'm coming solo this time around. No girlfriend to distract me from the game or my PR compadres.

tyler

woodbuck27
09-09-2006, 08:28 PM

You can count me in. Fo shizzle. Best time I have watching the Pack is with friends. Otherwise, I stew in privacy with each mistake.... In public, at least my frustration is blunted.

I don't think I can be the one getting there an hour early to hold the table though...

tyler

Alot od breaks to "the John" though, Ehh. :mrgreen:

PACKERS WIN TOMORROW.

jack's smirking revenge
09-09-2006, 08:30 PM

tyler

Alot od breaks to "the John" though, Ehh. :mrgreen:

PACKERS WIN TOMORROW.

Sadly, John is one of my best friends. I know him well and visit with him often. I'm sure I'll be visiting even more tomorrow.

Even more if your prediction proves false.

Go PACK!

tyler

No Mo Moss
09-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Jack, I just sent you something good.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2006, 10:14 PM
I'll be there with superfan.

superfan
09-09-2006, 11:01 PM
Definitely will be there. Can't friggin' wait.

No Mo Moss
09-10-2006, 01:49 AM
Can't sleep. This is like Christmas Eve only I don't know if I'm getting a Red Rider BB gun or Bunny Pajamas.

Rastak
09-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Ok guys, I'm heading out soon to grab a table......see ya there....

Tarlam!
09-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Bastards! I hate you all!

Partial
09-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Have fun guys, eat drink and be merry!

Rastak
09-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Hey, had a great time guys.....

Thanks to superfan for the nachos......

Thanks to No Mo for the shots and the beer...you da man!

Thanks to Jack and Harvey for a great time talking football (and No Mo and superfan of course)......

Partial
09-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Hey, had a great time guys.....

Thanks to superfan for the nachos......

Thanks to No Mo for the shots and the beer...you da man!

Thanks to Jack and Harvey for a great time talking football (and No Mo and superfan of course)......

That must have been many, many shots if you enjoyed that game.

No Mo Moss
09-10-2006, 10:42 PM
no ;lwirh not tooo manuy shots reallyi. Wee jst ah ad a lloyy†of fun siug. Realkly a good time. :shock:

GrnBay007
09-10-2006, 10:44 PM
no ;lwirh not tooo manuy shots reallyi. Wee jst ah ad a lloyy†of fun siug. Realkly a good time. :shock:

OK :shock:

GBRulz
09-10-2006, 11:07 PM
where are the pictures ? no, not pitchers :wink:

Rastak
09-11-2006, 06:15 AM

They don't have computers in detox I'm guessing so No Mo made it home.....that's cool.

It was a good time...no pics exist though.....

jack's smirking revenge
09-11-2006, 09:13 AM
I had a great time fellas! Looking forward to doing it again! Hopefully, our team will show up this time and the experience will be "lighter".

You guys sure can down the brews though... ;-)

tyler

No Mo Moss
09-11-2006, 10:00 AM

They don't have computers in detox I'm guessing so No Mo made it home.....that's cool.

Come on, just joking with you all. You know humor......a serious shortage around here. No pictures though michele. In light of recent events we opted out. Fun, Fun, shitty game, I'm glad I wasn't watching by myself.

jack's smirking revenge
09-11-2006, 10:55 AM

Come on, just joking with you all. You know humor......a serious shortage around here. No pictures though michele. In light of recent events we opted out. Fun, Fun, shitty game, I'm glad I wasn't watching by myself.

And I was playing along with the humor. With how bad the Packers played, I'm surprised the brew wasn't flowing like water to drown away the sorrows of a horrible game.

tyler

No Mo Moss
09-11-2006, 03:01 PM
It was flowing like flavored water to drown out the sorrows.

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Those friggin' shots and that additional beer at the end kicked me in the @rse.

Rastak
09-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Those friggin' shots and that additional beer at the end kicked me in the @rse.

Yea, and I had one more after that, I was pretty hammered when I got home.

No Mo Moss
09-13-2006, 09:58 PM
So RastaK I know you'll be at the Vikes Game, but since they are on at the same time should we do Gabe's again or what guys?

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2006, 10:02 PM
So RastaK I know you'll be at the Vikes Game, but since they are on at the same time should we do Gabe's again or what guys?

I think we'll be there again. We might even bring a couple more with us.

No Mo Moss
09-13-2006, 11:39 PM
One of us will have to get there really early this time since the game is blocked. Maybe we can convince them that they shoudl just reserve that table for us all of the time. If someone else is willing to join me I'll get there early.

Rastak
09-14-2006, 05:41 AM
One of us will have to get there really early this time since the game is blocked. Maybe we can convince them that they shoudl just reserve that table for us all of the time. If someone else is willing to join me I'll get there early.

Yea, just find someone like me willing to suffer through a few beers while waiting. Like we talked about if Green Bay wins I'll be declared bad luck and banned LOL......

No Mo Moss
09-14-2006, 09:19 AM

Yea, just find someone like me willing to suffer through a few beers while waiting. Like we talked about if Green Bay wins I'll be declared bad luck and banned LOL......

As much as I enjoy your company.....yes you will be.

Rastak
09-14-2006, 09:29 AM

As much as I enjoy your company.....yes you will be.

I'll tuck my hair under my hat and put on a fake beard, then sit in the corner, you guys won't even realized I've jinxed them.

No Mo Moss
09-14-2006, 11:29 AM
I think you would be reported as a suspicious character and repoted to the authorities long before you can sway the outcome of the game. :cool:

Cheesehead Craig
09-14-2006, 11:35 AM
I won't be able to make Gabe's, but if anyone wants to meet at the Park Tavern in St. Louis Park, I'll be there.

ahaha
09-14-2006, 11:39 AM
I'll definately be at Gabe's. Hopefully, I'll make it be 11:30. I can't make it too early, because I'll be coming from Wisconsin.

No Mo Moss
09-14-2006, 06:04 PM
I won't be able to make Gabe's, but if anyone wants to meet at the Park Tavern in St. Louis Park, I'll be there.

Park tavern huh? Well that isn't that far frommy house. Tempting, lots of Viking homers though.

No Mo Moss
09-14-2006, 06:04 PM
I'll definately be at Gabe's. Hopefully, I'll make it be 11:30. I can't make it too early, because I'll be coming from Wisconsin.

You were there during the preseason right?

superfan
09-14-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm game for either Gabe's or the Tavern, but I agree with No Mo about the homer factor. Doubt I could make it to either one before 11:30...

ahaha
09-14-2006, 10:02 PM

You were there during the preseason right?

Yes, I was the one who came with two non-packerrat friends, one of whom was a Vikings fan.

No Mo Moss
09-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Since we've already been planning it let's do Gabe's this week, we should see what everyone wants to do. I'm up for either one I guess. I'll vote Gabe's! No Viking homers!

Oh and by the way for those of you that weren't there the "Spiking Viking" (aka guy they always show on TV with the Mohwak) can into the packer bar and tried to get a rise out of everyone.

superfan
09-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Since we've already been planning it let's do Gabe's this week, we should see what everyone wants to do. I'm up for either one I guess. I'll vote Gabe's! No Viking homers!

Oh and by the way for those of you that weren't there the "Spiking Viking" (aka guy they always show on TV with the Mohwak) can into the packer bar and tried to get a rise out of everyone.

Yes, this clown was there along with a TV crew. Nobody cared.

http://www.spikingviking.com/

Okay, I'm echoing No Mo and making it official -- Gabe's this Sunday.

Cheesehead Craig
09-15-2006, 08:48 AM
The Spiking Viking is a DJ from 93X (Patrick). A fairly decent egg, as long as the Vikes aren't involved, then he just goes overboard.

Park Tavern has the Packer game in the back room (11th frame room it's called) and it's pretty much just Packer fans in there. Sometimes you'll get the occasional opposing team fan, but it doesn't happen very often. They used to have both Packer and Viking games showing in the main room, but that caused too many problems, so just separated the two. Only down side is there isn't much seating room.

I just know that I cannot make it to Gabe's (church obligations this month) so gotta go with the Tavern which is 5 minutes from my house.

jack's smirking revenge
09-15-2006, 09:21 AM
I'll be at Gabe's for the game. I didn't read back through the thread to find out where Park Tavern is, but that may be an option in the future (depending on where it is in relation to my base of operations).

tyler

ahaha
09-15-2006, 09:39 AM
I vote for Gabe's. I'll be coming from family obligations in Wisconsin. Time will be of the essence for me, and St. Paul is a lot closer than St. Louis Park. Although, I like the idea of changing it up in the future. Tavern Park sounds good, it's not far from my home on "Crack Alley" in the Uptown area.

Cheesehead Craig
09-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Gabe's is certainly a much better locale to watch a Packer game, don't get me wrong. I'd rather be there as well. Just throwing an alternative for those who cannot make it to Gabe's. Not trying to change anyone's plans.

No Mo Moss
09-15-2006, 12:12 PM
I've never beenin the 11th frame room at the PArk Tavern, but it sounds like that would be cool in the future. It's in St. Louis PArk on Louisiana.

So who's meeting me at gabes early?

jack's smirking revenge
09-15-2006, 12:14 PM
I've never beenin the 11th frame room at the PArk Tavern, but it sounds like that would be cool in the future. It's in St. Louis PArk on Louisiana.

So who's meeting me at gabes early?

What time will you be there?

tyler

HarveyWallbangers
09-15-2006, 12:21 PM
I'll be there, but it will be close to game time. I'm hoping somebody will get there early. The game isn't on local TV, so it's likely to be pretty crowded.

Cheesehead Craig
09-15-2006, 12:38 PM
From my past experience, if you want a table, be there at 9:30am, before the place even opens (they open at 10) and wait in line. I once got there at 10:30am and all the tables were gone.

MadtownPacker
09-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Tell me the secret??? How do you guys stop yourselves from jumping Rastak? Never know, you might beat the purple out of him.

superfan
09-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Tell me the secret??? How do you guys stop yourselves from jumping Rastak? Never know, you might beat the purple out of him.

Rastak is great as long as it isn't Packers vs Vikes. I've only watched two games with him, and since they've both been bad losses, he's played the sympathizer role real well.

Jumping him won't help our cause of turning him from the Dark Side.

jack's smirking revenge
09-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Rastak is far too cool for me to even consider jumping him (and he's a longhair--we've gotta stick together). Actually, having him at our table keeps us honest. I enjoy having him watch games with us. Neutralizes any possible "homer factor". :D

tyler

Rastak
09-15-2006, 01:10 PM

Rastak is great as long as it isn't Packers vs Vikes. I've only watched two games with him, and since they've both been bad losses, he's played the sympathizer role real well.

Jumping him won't help our cause of turning him from the Dark Side.

Yea, it might not work quite as well during a Vike-Pack game, plus we'd have to meet on neutral ground....maybe Rockbottom Brewery. I went there once and it was 50/50 during the Vikes pack game....the Ben Steele robbery game.

HarveyWallbangers
09-15-2006, 01:23 PM
I don't need anybody to keep me honest. However, he makes observations about the game in a respectful manner. That's all I ask of a rival fan when they are watching the Pack with me. If he piped up during the game a lot and insulted the squad, he'd be milktoast.

(Unfortunatley, that happens a lot with the Viking fans I know, so I rarely watch a game with a Vikings fan.)

If I ever watched a Vikings game with him, I'd return the favor.

Plus, he's a fun dude to talk to, and he drinks like a fish.

No Mo Moss
09-15-2006, 01:28 PM
I don't need anybody to keep me honest. However, he makes observations about the game in a respectful manner. That's all I ask of a rival fan when they are watching the Pack with me. If he piped up during the game a lot and insulted the squad, he'd be milktoast.

(Unfortunatley, that happens a lot with the Viking fans I know, so I rarely watch a game with a Vikings fan.)

If I ever watched a Vikings game with him, I'd return the favor.

Plus, he's a fun dude to talk to, and he drinks like a fish.

So then Spiking Viking wouldn't be your first choice for watching a border battle with?

No Mo Moss
09-15-2006, 01:29 PM
From my past experience, if you want a table, be there at 9:30am, before the place even opens (they open at 10) and wait in line. I once got there at 10:30am and all the tables were gone.

I don't think I can swing that. 9:30, fuck.

Cheesehead Craig
09-15-2006, 01:43 PM

I don't think I can swing that. 9:30, fuck.
So long as one Packerrat is there to claim a table/chairs for all of you, that's the key. He will have to fight and piss off multiple other fans for them while waiting for the others, but if the rest of you can get there fairly quickly after 10, you should be ok.

No Mo Moss
09-16-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm going to try and get there at 10:00 or so, any company would be apprediated. If that isn't good enough to get us a table, we'll stand.

Rastak
09-16-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm going to try and get there at 10:00 or so, any company would be apprediated. If that isn't good enough to get us a table, we'll stand.

Well, enjoy the game guys. If the Vikes weren't at home and playing at 12 I would have helped you out. I've got a long day planned...Town Hall at 10:00am for chow and pints, the game and then pints at Brits. Then Gordon Lightfoot at the State Theater at 7:30pm. Lots of fun....

Hey Jack, how was the gig on Friday? Needless to say I couldn't make it or I would have tracked you down. Hope it went well....I'll definately try and catch a gig soon.

No Mo Moss
09-17-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm not going to be able to get there until 11:00 now, so anyone that can get there earlier please do so. It probably means the difference between standing or sitting.

Rastak
09-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Just got back home from the concert and game.....well, I'm not the jinx, that's the good news.....

Rastak
09-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Also, how did it go Sunday? Was a good time had by all (aside from the final score)? Was the place packed (no pun intended)? Was I greatly missed ( LOL, not likely)?

jack's smirking revenge
09-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Also, how did it go Sunday? Was a good time had by all (aside from the final score)? Was the place packed (no pun intended)? Was I greatly missed ( LOL, not likely)?

I had a great time. Gabe's was packed and busy. I don't think anyplace in the city was as busy as the women's bathroom at Gabe's though. Somehow, one of the toilets broke and started gushing water. For a quarter near the end, the whole area by the bathrooms was soaked in a few inches of water. They had to get a vacuum to remove it all.

You were missed and, you'll be happy to know, not banned from future games at Gabe's. With the way the game started, we were quite sure that we would have to ban you. But we all know how it turned out. In the end, I'd say you were missed.

tyler

Rastak
09-18-2006, 04:23 PM

I had a great time. Gabe's was packed and busy. I don't think anyplace in the city was as busy as the women's bathroom at Gabe's though. Somehow, one of the toilets broke and started gushing water. For a quarter near the end, the whole area by the bathrooms was soaked in a few inches of water. They had to get a vacuum to remove it all.

You were missed and, you'll be happy to know, not banned from future games at Gabe's. With the way the game started, we were quite sure that we would have to ban you. But we all know how it turned out. In the end, I'd say you were missed.

tyler

LOL, thanks Jack....I bet the women folk were bummed. Hope you guys had fun....man, I sure did at the dome....great game.....

Jack, Gordon Lightfoot (who may not rank real high on your playlist) was pretty good. He's damn near 70 it seems, at least he looks it, and played well. He had a stroke or something and said his right hand was pretty numb but played ok. The wreck of the edmund fitzgerald was pretty cool. I'm mainly a rocker but it was a good night of folk.

jack's smirking revenge
09-18-2006, 04:38 PM

tyler

LOL, thanks Jack....I bet the women folk were bummed. Hope you guys had fun....man, I sure did at the dome....great game.....

Jack, Gordon Lightfoot (who may not rank real high on your playlist) was pretty good. He's damn near 70 it seems, at least he looks it, and played well. He had a stroke or something and said his right hand was pretty numb but played ok. The wreck of the edmund fitzgerald was pretty cool. I'm mainly a rocker but it was a good night of folk.

Sweet! Folk is necessary every now and then. I know "Edmund Fitzgerald" and it brings back fond memories. Not of the event itself, but of when I was younger. I haven't heard that in years. Sounds like you had an amazing Sunday! Brit's, a Viking's win AND Gordon Lightfoot.

tyler

Rastak
09-18-2006, 04:43 PM

tyler

Sweet! Folk is necessary every now and then. I know "Edmund Fitzgerald" and it brings back fond memories. Not of the event itself, but of when I was younger. I haven't heard that in years. Sounds like you had an amazing Sunday! Brit's, a Viking's win AND Gordon Lightfoot.

tyler

And weirdest of all, I had about 8 beers during the entire 12 hours. As opposed to when I hang with you guys and have 8 in 3 hours.

Cheesehead Craig
09-18-2006, 05:23 PM
That is apparently a recurring problem there. That happened once when I was there for a game and a buddy of mine has reported it as well.

Lesson:
Sit nowhere near the ladies bathroom during the game.

superfan
09-18-2006, 08:28 PM
That is apparently a recurring problem there. That happened once when I was there for a game and a buddy of mine has reported it as well.

Lesson:

Well, we were right next to it. Seemed like a sound choice at the time.

Lesson learned. I blame No Mo, since he got there first and reserved the table.

Rastak, it was touch and go for you there for awhile, until it went TD, turnover, TD. You were precariously close to being banned. Glad you had fun. I'm beginning to think ahaha might be the curse, as things were going reasonably well until he showed up with his brother. :lol:

I'm willing to join Cheesehead Craig at SLP Tavern next Sunday. With any luck, the Rubes will have their hands full with da Bears and will leave us alone. Thoughts from anyone else?

No Mo Moss
09-18-2006, 10:51 PM
I'll do the Tavern this week, switch it up a bit. I mean christ it can't hurt.

Cheesehead Craig
09-18-2006, 10:56 PM
I'll see if the wife will let me out again. Be glad to meet you guys there. I got there at 11:30 on Sunday and had no problem getting a table. Only problem was that there was no sound from the TV. They had some issues with it. Hopefully that will be fixed this Sunday.

Cheesehead Craig
09-20-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm good on Sunday at Park Tavern if you guys are still interested.

I'll check in with them to see if the TV volume has been fixed in that room.

ahaha
09-20-2006, 10:10 AM

Lesson:
I'm beginning to think ahaha might be the curse, as things were going reasonably well until he showed up with his brother.

Well, we were right next to it. Seemed like a sound choice at the time.

I'm only bad luck when I go to the game. ( '96 - loss to Vikings at dome, '05 - loss to Bears at Lambeau, and Aaaaarghhhh '02 - playoff loss to Falcons at Lambeau.)
Remember, I wasn't with you guys at Gabes for the week one BLOWOUT loss to the Bears.

I'm up for Tavern Park this week.

Lesson learned. I blame No Mo, since he got there first and reserved the table.

Rastak, it was touch and go for you there for awhile, until it went TD, turnover, TD. You were precariously close to being banned. Glad you had fun. I'm beginning to think ahaha might be the curse, as things were going reasonably well until he showed up with his brother. :lol:

I'm willing to join Cheesehead Craig at SLP Tavern next Sunday. With any luck, the Rubes will have their hands full with da Bears and will leave us alone. Thoughts from anyone else?

jack's smirking revenge
09-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Unfortunately, I can't make it this weekend. Family obligations. Double whammy---I won't even be able to watch the game this weekend.

Enjoy!

tyler

ahaha
09-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Unfortunately, I can't make it this weekend. Family obligations. Double whammy---I won't even be able to watch the game this weekend.

Enjoy!

tyler

Like Vince Lombardi said, "God, Family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order" I'm not in to the whole "God" thing, but family is important. Hope they appreciate your sacrifice. Of course, being that we're all a bunch of supersticious silly-nannies, you run the risk of being tabbed 'bad luck' if the Packers kick ass.

jack's smirking revenge
09-20-2006, 10:25 AM

Enjoy!

tyler

Like Vince Lombardi said, "God, Family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order" I'm not in to the whole "God" thing, but family is important. Hope they appreciate your sacrifice. Of course, being that we're all a bunch of supersticious silly-nannies, you run the risk of being tabbed 'bad luck' if the Packers kick ass.

Like you, I skip the first part of that phrase. Family and true friends are of ultimate importance to me and will gladly skip the Packer game if something comes up. (Not that much of a stretch this year anyway).

But, I did have that thought though. It would be just my luck that they stomp the Lions this weekend and I reveal myself as the "Packer curse".

tyler

Rastak
09-20-2006, 10:29 AM

Enjoy!

tyler

Like you, I skip the first part of that phrase. Family and true friends are of ultimate importance to me and will gladly skip the Packer game if something comes up. (Not that much of a stretch this year anyway).

But, I did have that thought though. It would be just my luck that they stomp the Lions this weekend and I reveal myself as the "Packer curse".

tyler

I was glad to clear my name last week.

ahaha
09-20-2006, 10:32 AM

Enjoy!

tyler

tyler

If that happens, we'll just have to find a different reason for the change in Packer fortunes. Maybe somebody's new hat, or the kind of beer we're drinking. We'll find a way to excuse your "unlucky" presence, if the Packers win. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
09-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Like you, I skip the first part of that phrase.

Unlike you guys, I don't skip the first part of that phrase. Thankfully, there are three services at my church.

No Mo Moss
09-20-2006, 05:08 PM

Enjoy!

tyler

Maybe you're the jinx. I guess we'll find out.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Unlike you guys, I don't skip the first part of that phrase. Thankfully, there are three services at my church.

You must be one hell of a sinner if you have to go three times each Sunday.

Cheesehead Craig
09-22-2006, 09:29 AM
So, how many guys from here are showing up at the Park Tavern on Sunday? Just want to be sure I get there early enough to reserve some seating.

ahaha
09-22-2006, 10:21 AM
So, how many guys from here are showing up at the Park Tavern on Sunday? Just want to be sure I get there early enough to reserve some seating.

I'll be there with my brother. But, I need an address for this place so I can mapquest it.

HarveyWallbangers
09-22-2006, 10:45 AM
I don't think I can make it. I have a deck to build this weekend, and it's looking like it will rain on Saturday.

Cheesehead Craig
09-22-2006, 10:52 AM

I'll be there with my brother. But, I need an address for this place so I can mapquest it.
It's right by HWY 7 and Louisiana Avenue in St. Louis Park.

Here's their website:
http://www.parktavern.net/

ahaha
09-22-2006, 11:00 AM

Here's their website:

Thank you sir. I'll be there around 11:30. If you see two brothers that look a lot like twins, that will be my brother and I. Hopefully No Mo Moss and Superfan can make it. Sounds iffy with Harvey, and no chance for Jack's Smirking Revenge. I seriously doubt Rastak will make it, with it being so far from home and the Vikes playing at noon. But, you never know.

Rastak
09-22-2006, 11:15 AM

Here's their website:

Thank you sir. I'll be there around 11:30. If you see two brothers that look a lot like twins, that will be my brother and I. Hopefully No Mo Moss and Superfan can make it. Sounds iffy with Harvey, and no chance for Jack's Smirking Revenge. I seriously doubt Rastak will make it, with it being so far from home and the Vikes playing at noon. But, you never know.

I'll be at the Bears-Vikes game.

jack's smirking revenge
09-22-2006, 11:26 AM

Here's their website:

I'll be at the Bears-Vikes game.

Should be a great game Rastak! Enjoy!

tyler

No Mo Moss
09-22-2006, 12:17 PM
Looks like an aweful lot of you are going to be banned after abig win his weekend.

Cheesehead Craig
09-22-2006, 02:43 PM
I'll keep an eye out for you. I'm forgoing the Favre jersey this week and will have on a white long sleeve shirt with "Green Bay Packers" on the front. Shouldn't be an issue finding me, it's a small room. Or just yell out for Craig and that will work also. I'll save 5 seats.

superfan
09-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Confirming that superfan is in. I should be there around 11:45.

HarveyWallbangers
09-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Looks like I'm back in. Deck work was postponed because of rain--even though it really hasn't rained.

Tarlam!
09-24-2006, 02:14 AM
I am with you guys in spirit! I "virtually" attend the Carlson Business School, so, I am with you.

Hey, I hope to be graduating next May, and, do any of you want to come?

Rastak
09-24-2006, 04:41 AM
Looks like I'm back in. Deck work was postponed because of rain--even though it really hasn't rained.

Getting out of work is always a good thing.....anyway, have fun guys!

No Mo Moss
09-24-2006, 09:09 AM
I am with you guys in spirit! I "virtually" attend the Carlson Business School, so, I am with you.

Hey, I hope to be graduating next May, and, do any of you want to come?

I'm vitually there:) :lol:

No Mo Moss
09-24-2006, 09:09 AM
I will be there. They better get the sound working this time or I'll be chucking onion rings at people. So where is this maximum security PAcker room?

Cheesehead Craig
09-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks for all the guys coming out to my "home town" bar of the Park Tavern. Sucks they have a sound issue for the TV's, but it was still a great time.

Partial
09-24-2006, 08:45 PM
You guys gonna go there again next week and bring us another win?

No Mo Moss
09-24-2006, 08:53 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

No Mo Moss
10-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Actually I'm having a packer party at my house. Should be a good time. I'll see you guys there!

HarveyWallbangers
10-02-2006, 11:29 PM
The Dominican cigars, homemade dip, 12 year old Scotch, and burnt pizza didn't bring us the luck we wanted.

I don't know about the rest of you, but after a game like this I don't feel much like analzying that piece of shit. Have a good night Packer fans. We all expected this. It still hurts. Now, we must beat St. Louis next week. With our secondary (whether it's Carroll, the coaching, Manuel, whatever) I don't feel too confident about winning that game.

jack's smirking revenge
10-03-2006, 12:00 AM
At least I know I'm not the curse... :D

tyler

superfan
10-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Thanks, No Mo, for hosting MNF. It was a good time until the 2nd half. I'm not sure if it was better or worse to watch the Pack get crushed on a beautiful 60" HD screen.

Rastak
10-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Thanks, No Mo, for hosting MNF. It was a good time until the 2nd half. I'm not sure if it was better or worse to watch the Pack get crushed on a beautiful 60" HD screen.

Nothing like watching football on a nice HD TV...

Cheesehead Craig
10-05-2006, 08:54 AM
And I didn't think it was possible for the Eagles cheerleaders to get better looking. That HD was incredible. Thanks again for hosting No Mo.

superfan
10-06-2006, 01:23 AM
No Mo will be at Lambeau this weekend and forgot to leave us the keys to his house, so what is the plan for this week? I vote a return to the the Park Tavern.

jack's smirking revenge
10-06-2006, 09:30 AM
No Mo will be at Lambeau this weekend and forgot to leave us the keys to his house, so what is the plan for this week? I vote a return to the the Park Tavern.

I've gotta find someplace to watch the game, but I've got a small window with which to do it. If Park is too far out of my way (as I live in Farmington), I'm going to have to pass. Where is it again?

tyler

EDIT: I mapquested it and figured it out. I'll be there. Hope others can make it too! Can anyone get there early to get a good table? I know I won't be able to with my drive.

ahaha
10-06-2006, 10:23 AM
I'll try to get there around 11:30, but it wasn't too crowded for the Lions game.

superfan
10-06-2006, 09:02 PM
I'll show up close to 11:45.

No Mo Moss
10-10-2006, 09:21 PM
See you guys at my new home.

superfan
10-19-2006, 12:38 AM
I'm out for watching games the next two weeks -- family commitment this Sunday, at Lambeau the following. Next opportunity for me will be the Buffalo game.

HarveyWallbangers
10-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Me too, but half our crew started their own forum.
:cry: